THE BROWNS BOARD

The New GM

rich4eagle

Am I missing something or is their no conversation about the new GM..................??? please say I missed a large discussion because he should be a big topic right now

Am I missing something or is their no conversation about the new GM..................??? please say I missed a large discussion because he should be a big topic right now

He.. uh.... wears ugly suits. He fired some people today. He's got a name, I think it's Tom. Got a last name, too. I think it starts with an S. Let's see. Swim? Swammi? Slippy? Slappy? Swenson? Swanson?

Samsonite, I was way off.

Thats all i have to say about him at this time is ,i really hope he is not a FA whore ..theres 2 kinds of FA mongers the dumb kind that says..we suck lets win now nothing like a crafty 50 yr old vet to get things fixed and to mentor the youth at the same time ,and then theres the smart kind that says...oh shit we really need to plug this hole with a young talented free agent that fits into the scheme of things..hmmm heres a few i need to get them in to talk to eric..

Heckert strikes me as the hasty dumb kind he has a lot of experience and i hope not but man philly looks like a phil savage style patchwork doll...

i don't know anything about Tom H.

that's about it.

Gips, i read up a little on him and heard the presser and i don't get the impression he's a free agent whore at all--and he's said nothing to suggest that imo. he HAS, however, stated that you build teams long term through successful drafting and expressed interest in "tough, smart, high character" players who put football first as per the Mangini mission statement...and should he come across someone embodying those particular traits whose available in free agency, i hope by all means the guy would target him (!).

i'll admit i have a fear of this new regime blowing all the $ Mangini saved by axing K2, BE, and pick #5 and killing the cap room he just created but until it happens it's all cart-before-the-horse speculation. it's reassuring knowing the team is set up to make consensus (or at least hugely democratic) decisions on matters like these and if EM disagreed i believe he wouldn't go down without a fight.

i don't know anything about Tom H.

that's about it.

Gips, i read up a little on him and heard the presser and i don't get the impression he's a free agent whore at all--and he's said nothing to suggest that imo. he HAS, however, stated that you build teams long term through successful drafting and expressed interest in "tough, smart, high character" players who put football first as per the Mangini mission statement...and should he come across someone embodying those particular traits whose available in free agency, i hope by all means the guy would target him (!).

i'll admit i have a fear of this new regime blowing all the $ Mangini saved by axing K2, BE, and pick #5 and killing the cap room he just created but until it happens it's all cart-before-the-horse speculation. it's reassuring knowing the team is set up to make consensus (or at least hugely democratic) decisions on matters like these and if EM disagreed i believe he wouldn't go down without a fight.

You are right after digging and looking at his past drafts for philly he most certainly isnt an FA whore as a matter of fact he is the most solid GM we have had to date ,i like him...;)

Good point. Okay Rich - what do you think of us adding Heckert?

If he's the guy that led to drafting guys like Brian Westbrook, Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson, Brent Celek and even the All Pro Fullback Leonard Weaver - he's pretty freakin good at finding guys that know how to light a scoreboard. We really need some weapons and 1 halfway decent QB to make those weapons matter. When you compare the 3rd and 4th QBs from Philly's depth chart (Kevin Kolb and AJ Feeley) to our first 2 QBs Quinn and Anderson - it makes you realize the difference between Phil Savage and Heckert. Even more more clarifying is we had to endure the sum of Trent Doofus and Charlie's Fryes before we could compare today's fart stenches at QB here.

- Tom F.

Good point. Okay Rich - what do you think of us adding Heckert?

If he's the guy that led to drafting guys like Brian Westbrook, Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson, Brent Celek and even the All Pro Fullback Leonard Weaver - he's pretty freakin good at finding guys that know how to light a scoreboard. We really need some weapons and 1 halfway decent QB to make those weapons matter. When you compare the 3rd and 4th QBs from Philly's depth chart (Kevin Kolb and AJ Feeley) to our first 2 QBs Quinn and Anderson - it makes you realize the difference between Phil Savage and Heckert. Even more more clarifying is we had to endure the sum of Trent Doofus and Charlie's Fryes before we could compare today's fart stenches at QB here.

- Tom F.

da ich loved him some Dildofer!!!

Archived