THE BROWNS BOARD

Thoughts on Quinn

Koa

Greythan its called FRANCHISE BEST HOME RECORD 7-0 AS A STARTER, its called a 10 win season, 31 total tds, 3700 yards buys him the start. This season beside injuries leading to no true number 2 reciever and o line issues, lack of a running game, poor playcalling and coaching, drops by your number one reciever and a porous defense leads to problems.

His last 5 games he barely threw any picks and he led us to the ONLY team to beat the Giants thats why he kept playing not leniency, he was on the hot seat.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sev, you missed my point.

Quinn's had two starts and you are using the term leniency?

DA had 20+ and you know his passer rating over his last 16 games and his first 8 games this year respectively. Horrid.

That's leniency. The staff gave DA every opportunity to hold off Quinn. He couldn't do it. What that indicates is the staff (unlike you) hold DA accountable for some portion of his results.

So, now that its Quinn's turn he'll get some leniency. Has nothing to do with his draft status, however. If draft status mattered, DA would have been benched eons ago. After all he's a lowly sixth rounder. ;)

OK, to sum up Lummy's total argument for DA:

"Bla bla bla need a real qb like my DA..."

"Bla bla bla off to hump his leg..."

"Bla bla bla blow a load on as many of my 50 DA fatheads as I can muster..."

Ever need to know what's in his quotes, just imagine those 3 lines.

Grey this might shock you so hold on to your seat. Here is what I really think of BQ from last night. He did not adjust early from the tight coverage that the bills planned for due to film from denver. Chud did not do him any favors either with some of the playcalling.

Chud and Co in the second half adjusted and play action and threw mid range to deep to soften coverage. The bills responded again by mixing up coverage and different blitz packages and BQ was hampered by some really poor playcalling. BQ is obviously a smart kid and will learn from this last game.

I think he was a little lucky (on interceptions) and pushed a bit to winslow here and there but was mostly let down by Winslow and BE on some bad drops (not bqs fault by a mile). HE IS NOT the problem in my view. Aside from my opinion of bq perception by his boosters he possibly has the talent to become a good to great starter. I am completely ok with him starting the rest of the season. I dont have a problem with him playing I just did not like the manner in the short week of how it went down. In fact I think it is imperative that he plays so we know what we have for at least 8 games just like I said last season for DA he needed at least 8 games. Da bought himself additional time and due to other factors that hurt the overall team I was not ready to blame him.

It is obvious to me that now with BQ who I believe is going to be a little more efficient throwing for a poor comp rating last night that again it goes back to playcalling and skill players not helping the qb position. Unlike Lum I dont want BQ to fail or really think he is going to. Do I think he is overhyped? YES, I think in reality he is a Chad pennington type which is different from what DA is. DA will probably produce more TDs as well as ints where I think BQ will produce less tds but less ints. I dont mind either really i just dont think the criticisms were fair.

We will see how brady responds the rest of the season to teams getting film on him and how our offense runs. I do think the BIGGEST factor is our running game that really hampered the first 8 games is something I hope gets addresses. BQ will not play well either unless we can get jamal to run more aggressively and harrison in. Skill players need to contribute and where was STallworth last night? either brady did not look for him or he was smothered I dont know. I am fine with Brady we will see what the kid has for the next 6 games.

Grey this might shock you so hold on to your seat. Here is what I really think of BQ from last night. He did not adjust early from the tight coverage that the bills planned for due to film from denver. Chud did not do him any favors either with some of the playcalling.

Chud and Co in the second half adjusted and play action and threw mid range to deep to soften coverage. The bills responded again by mixing up coverage and different blitz packages and BQ was hampered by some really poor playcalling. BQ is obviously a smart kid and will learn from this last game.

I think he was a little lucky (on interceptions) and pushed a bit to winslow here and there but was mostly let down by Winslow and BE on some bad drops (not bqs fault by a mile). HE IS NOT the problem in my view. Aside from my opinion of bq perception by his boosters he possibly has the talent to become a good to great starter. I am completely ok with him starting the rest of the season. I dont have a problem with him playing I just did not like the manner in the short week of how it went down. In fact I think it is imperative that he plays so we know what we have for at least 8 games just like I said last season for DA he needed at least 8 games. Da bought himself additional time and due to other factors that hurt the overall team I was not ready to blame him.

It is obvious to me that now with BQ who I believe is going to be a little more efficient throwing for a poor comp rating last night that again it goes back to playcalling and skill players not helping the qb position. Unlike Lum I dont want BQ to fail or really think he is going to. Do I think he is overhyped? YES, I think in reality he is a Chad pennington type which is different from what DA is. DA will probably produce more TDs as well as ints where I think BQ will produce less tds but less ints. I dont mind either really i just dont think the criticisms were fair.

We will see how brady responds the rest of the season to teams getting film on him and how our offense runs. I do think the BIGGEST factor is our running game that really hampered the first 8 games is something I hope gets addresses. BQ will not play well either unless we can get jamal to run more aggressively and harrison in. Skill players need to contribute and where was STallworth last night? either brady did not look for him or he was smothered I dont know. I am fine with Brady we will see what the kid has for the next 6 games.

Good post.

And if Quinn can get another 4 or 5 games handed to him on a silver platter, he may be able to keep his job.

Why do you give Da a pass when he plays horrible but a average game by BQ and he deserves the bench? I know your in love with DA but you are a hyprocite. Quit being a homer and biased and be real a call it like you see it. Nobody takes you seriously. I understand you have love for DA but be a realist sometimes and call it like you see it.

What we KNOW:

1) Anderson is a Pro Bowler with 43 TD passes in less than 2 seasons.

2) Pro Bowl QBs are playoff capable QBs

3) BQ Nation is gay

4) Anderson played 6 games this year against defenses ranked in the top 10.

5) Quinn has played 0 games this year against defenses ranked in the top 10.

6) Quinn is now getting his "fair chance" to see if he can operate at an NFL level

7) Quinn can't go deep

8) If Quinn can win some games, he will keep his job

9) If Quinn loses games, he won't

Hey look at his stats in that pro bowl!

10-26 103yd

0-td

1-int

1-fum

Get off the pro bowl kick. He looked like an idiot in that game and did not deserve to be there. Everybody knew it. I remember going to work the next day and everybody laughing at him and said what a joke.

Well to be truthful I know that in the post right after the game there were many people saying BQ played well. That his incompletions were either good decisions or dropped passes. That he did not make mistakes. I disagree with that. I also said that DA got a pass last year because of the weather so BQ deserves the same treatment. They both beat the Bills.

Also, DA did not get starts in all three of his previous seasons. He got 3 starts in 2006 with a horrible team and showed some promise. He started in week 2 last year and did a great job through 8 weeks. Not so good the next 8 weeks. And had 2 good games this year and one great game. BQ has played 2 games after being in the same offensive system for 1 1/2 years and had a good first game and a not so good second game.

It is not comparing apples and oranges. I am comparing DA in his first several games with this team with BQ's first several games with this team. DA did well at the beginning, basically so has BQ. I said before that I can conceed that DA is done in Cleveland. What I want to see is people not getting too excited just yet after two games. Remember, if you based DA on his first two starts when he was 24 years old you would put him in the ProBowl. After 21 starts at age 25 probably not probowl bound.

People say BQ is not turning the ball over. Well DA did not turn the ball over until the Ravens game in his last 4 starts I think (could have had one against jags I don't remember). BQ has not scored alot of points in the 4th quarter, he has gotten off to good starts and then faded. DA started slow and was great in the middle of games and usually at the end. BQ did a great job getting the Browns in FG range, but if it was not for a GREAT kicker hitting a 55 yard FG in bad conidtions then it would not have been a good drive.

BQ has potential and I have always said that. All I am saying is wait and see if BQ is really that good before you jump all up and down. Wait until teams game plan for him, wait for teams to find his weakness and expoit it. Then see how he performs. I also want to see him have several good games in a row, something DA could not do. DA has the ability to have much bigger games than BQ, BUT BQ should be more consistant and should move the ball better. I want to see him do that week in and week out before I jump on the wagon.

Until then I will treat him like most did DA. But, I find it really stupid to call people BQ fags because they like the QB. I am glad that you like BQ and I hope for the Browns sake that you are right and he really is that good. DA will be traded, that is obvious. The Browns cannot go back to him now. It is BQ or move on at this point. There is no more DA in Cleveland so you can get off that part Lum. I will stay watching the Browns becaue as I have said I like the System and potential. I like the fans here even if I don't agree with them. I will also root for DA when he is traded (hopefully to the vikings) and I expect him to improve.

BQ did not have an average game. He had a bad game with good results. It was crappy weather and the Browns won. So much like DA last year BQ gets a pass on this one.

Lum will not give credit to BQ or insult DA. I know the games DA played well and the ones he didn't. This year he played 1 great game, 2 good games and 5 not so good to bad games. BQ has played 1 good game and one not so good to bad game. Not enough information to decide anything about BQ. Wait until the season is over and until after the first few games next year and I will have more of a sample to make a decision.

Guest Masters
Lum....it is foolish to look at Quinn at this point and try to draw any conclusions....it was foolish to try to draw conclusions on DA.

After 20+ starts, it was fair to draw a conclusion on DA.

blahblahblah...people namecalling are mean...maturity...my vagina is sandy.....blahblahblah...Quinn sucks....1st round picks suck....blah blah...DA got ripped off....blahblahblah...excuses for DA.....blahblahblah....more random whining....

Fixed it for you.

I think you're about 14, or maybe 22. Really, I do. No adult brings up 'namecalling' and 'maturity' like you do.

Archived