THE BROWNS BOARD

So.....Reggie Bush?

secondwave

The Saints aren't taking on his final year. So he's a free agent next year, what do you guys think? Should we go after him?

A Harrison-Bush combo could be something to be proud of. He won't get a contract anything like his rookie one, so that's a plus. 2 million a year is his market value, but i think spending 3-3.5 million would get him. He would be a great backup KR/PR behind Cribbs (or if he leaves, which I doubt, but still), and and a great receiving RB who showed he can run that north-south style of running he lacked his first few years in the league.

Thoughts?

The Saints aren't taking on his final year. So he's a free agent next year, what do you guys think? Should we go after him?

A Harrison-Bush combo could be something to be proud of. He won't get a contract anything like his rookie one, so that's a plus. 2 million a year is his market value, but i think spending 3-3.5 million would get him. He would be a great backup KR/PR behind Cribbs (or if he leaves, which I doubt, but still), and and a great receiving RB who showed he can run that north-south style of running he lacked his first few years in the league.

Thoughts?

Pass- he IS Jerome Harrison. in the range of 350 rushing yards, 350 yards receiving did you notice that stat tonight? JH is a better value, and we know what we have. I sure as hell wouldn't count for squat what Bush did against a suspect and beat up Cardinal's D for anything to hang your hat on.

We need a complimentary back- say Lendale White.

Thoughts?

I really think we need to concentrate on keeping Harrison here, rather than looking for another r.b. A lot of us suspected he would do well, if he was just given the chance to play. He's proven himself, in my opinion, and should be the focal point of this offense next season. Now, the qb position......well, that's going to take some work.

One thing to keep in mind is Bush's got a balky left knee that's already required microfracture surgery. That could affect his ability to stay on the field & maintain his explosiveness.

Excellent point Alo! Let's not underestimate how many games this guy misses every single season. Is CJ Spiller a poor man's Reggie Bush? I never KNEW Reggie had great hands until I've seen Payton preferring to get him outside and in space via his hands instead of taking inside handoffs that Pierre Thomas seems better equipped for.

- Tom F.

I really think we need to concentrate on keeping Harrison here, rather than looking for another r.b. A lot of us suspected he would do well, if he was just given the chance to play. He's proven himself, in my opinion, and should be the focal point of this offense next season. Now, the qb position......well, that's going to take some work.

We're not looking for a runningback to replace Harrison, but just one to take off some of the load, a #2 back.

And Lendale White is absolute garbage. He'll trip up or find some stupid way to gain only a yard or so per carry. I have no idea any Browns fan would want him. And no, Reggie Bush was not a bust, his expectations were simply too high for a guy many knew could not take the rigor of an every down back. Look at what's he's done when he's gotten the chance. And he's even shown he can run up the middle now, a trait he didn't possess his first few years in the league. Also, he's far and away a much better receiver receiving runningback (arguably the best) than Jerome Harrison. I think he'd find success here behind Jerome.

But yes, I agree the QB does need more work. Either way, Reggie Bush for 2-3 million a year would an absolute steal. He's an absolute lightning rod for any team.

And just to add,

I really don't believe James Davis will amount to anything. Just after a year of watching him, I know right away he won't be a good runningback, especially in our system. He's never been good with a sharing role, even in Clemson (this, coming from a Clemson fan).

I mean, wouldn't you be excited about a Jennings/Bush/Harrison stockpile?

Harrison? Who knows, he could be a fluke and we'll have to see if he can do this next year with expectations now set for him. And just to add, I don't believe he's the future.

Jennings IMO, has great potential, and is the power back we need. He's just so explosive. He's the future.

Bush. He could be used as mainly a receiving back who'll get 3rd down touches or pick up the slack when the other 2 arent getting it done. People seem to forget how great his hands are, he caught 88 his rookie year! 300 yards rushing and 600 yards receiving aren't out of the question for him.

With all the 2nd round picks you guys had last year, you should have picked up LeSean McCoy. He already is playing just like Westbrook in those few game he started for him.

Whats done is done. We have a lot of talent in our backfield. Davis will get a shot next year to prove himself, Reggie Bush is a great athlete, but i just dont think he is what we need in the ACF north. I would prefer the other Bush in Oakland, he is a bruiser and can ran. Either or, we have got something good brewing in Cleveland and a good yound right takle would complete our runnning game.

Whats done is done. We have a lot of talent in our backfield. Davis will get a shot next year to prove himself, Reggie Bush is a great athlete, but i just dont think he is what we need in the ACF north. I would prefer the other Bush in Oakland, he is a bruiser and can ran. Either or, we have got something good brewing in Cleveland and a good yound right takle would complete our runnning game.

Yeah, in hines sight Harrison is turning out to be a good quick back, now you need a bruising back to complement him in the AFCN. I was justing pointing out McCoy is similiar to Bush, that would only require 2nd round pick pay that you had plenty of.

And just to add,

I really don't believe James Davis will amount to anything. Just after a year of watching him, I know right away he won't be a good runningback, especially in our system. He's never been good with a sharing role, even in Clemson (this, coming from a Clemson fan).

Harrison? Who knows, he could be a fluke and we'll have to see if he can do this next year with expectations now set for him. And just to add, I don't believe he's the future.

Jennings IMO, has great potential, and is the power back we need. He's just so explosive. He's the future.

Bush. He could be used as mainly a receiving back who'll get 3rd down touches or pick up the slack when the other 2 arent getting it done. People seem to forget how great his hands are, he caught 88 his rookie year! 300 yards rushing and 600 yards receiving aren't out of the question for him.

well braylon edwards was great in 2007 but now... get off the rb shit its not needed and not gonna happen. im so glad fans dont make franchise decisions. you would have us get out of one cluster fu*k just to get into another

And just to add,

please stop lying

i can tell your not a clemson fan and you just hate davis so you make up BS to make him look bad

but for a guy who you claim isnt good at splitting carries

Already a starter in his true freshman season at Clemson, Davis racked up 879 rushing yards on 165 carries and scored nine rushing touchdowns, which set the Tiger single-season freshman touchdown record. He had four 100-yard rushing games, most ever by a Tiger true freshman, and ranked first among freshmen in the Atlantic Coast Conference in rushing. Davis was subsequently named ACC Rookie of the Year, the first Tiger to win the award since Anthony Simmons in 1995. He was also a second-team freshman All-American by Rivals.com and third-team by College Football News, as well as an honorable mention freshman All-American by Sporting News.

In his sophomore year, Davis rushed 1,187 yards (sixth highest total in Clemson history) for an average of 91.3 yards per game (5.85 yards per carry), 28th-best in the nation and third-best in the ACC. His 17 touchdowns tied a Clemson single-season record also held by Lester Brown in 1978, and was fifth-most in ACC history. Davis was one of ten semifinalists for the Doak Walker Award in 2006, and also earned First Team All-ACC honors.

Clemson's leading rusher for the third-straight year (the first Tiger to do so since Raymond Priester from 1995–97), Davis ran for 1,064 yards and 10 touchdowns on 214 attempts as a junior. He ranked second in the ACC and 53rd in the nation in rushing average per game (81.8). Davis became the first Tiger running back to be named First-Team All-ACC in consecutive years since Terry Allen (1987, 1988).

As a senior, Davis suffered separated shoulder in spring 2008 practices, and had arthroscopic surgery to repair. He failed to reach the 1,000-yard mark for a third consecutive year, as he only rushed for 751 yard and 11 touchdowns. However, he still led Clemson in rushing, becoming the first Tiger in history to do that. Davis finished his college career fourth in Tiger history in career all-purpose yards (4,309).

sounds like a damn good career to me minus the injuries

please stop lying

i can tell your not a clemson fan and you just hate davis so you make up BS to make him look bad

Already a starter in his true freshman season at Clemson, Davis racked up 879 rushing yards on 165 carries and scored nine rushing touchdowns, which set the Tiger single-season freshman touchdown record. He had four 100-yard rushing games, most ever by a Tiger true freshman, and ranked first among freshmen in the Atlantic Coast Conference in rushing. Davis was subsequently named ACC Rookie of the Year, the first Tiger to win the award since Anthony Simmons in 1995. He was also a second-team freshman All-American by Rivals.com and third-team by College Football News, as well as an honorable mention freshman All-American by Sporting News.

In his sophomore year, Davis rushed 1,187 yards (sixth highest total in Clemson history) for an average of 91.3 yards per game (5.85 yards per carry), 28th-best in the nation and third-best in the ACC. His 17 touchdowns tied a Clemson single-season record also held by Lester Brown in 1978, and was fifth-most in ACC history. Davis was one of ten semifinalists for the Doak Walker Award in 2006, and also earned First Team All-ACC honors.

Clemson's leading rusher for the third-straight year (the first Tiger to do so since Raymond Priester from 1995–97), Davis ran for 1,064 yards and 10 touchdowns on 214 attempts as a junior. He ranked second in the ACC and 53rd in the nation in rushing average per game (81.8). Davis became the first Tiger running back to be named First-Team All-ACC in consecutive years since Terry Allen (1987, 1988).

As a senior, Davis suffered separated shoulder in spring 2008 practices, and had arthroscopic surgery to repair. He failed to reach the 1,000-yard mark for a third consecutive year, as he only rushed for 751 yard and 11 touchdowns. However, he still led Clemson in rushing, becoming the first Tiger in history to do that. Davis finished his college career fourth in Tiger history in career all-purpose yards (4,309).

Don't forget he also had a pretty damn good preseason for a rookie, averaging something like 8 YPA. I think he'll be pretty good for us, personally. Assuming we don't get rid of him.

no offense, but how do you know that the Saints don't want Bush? (especially with McAllister retiring)

call me skeptical of the thread-starter with three posts, but anyone got a link?

they chose not to take on his option, so in essence, he'll be a free agent.

I'm not saying they don't want him back for sure, but they definitely don't want him back for that price (9 million dollar option)

hope that helps bud.

please stop lying

*sigh* good one (Y)

How do you know i'm not a clemson fan? you don't know me. And no, i don't hate James Davis, I just don't believe he's the right fit. And no, he's not good at splitting carries. That clemson line did the work, and Glen Coffee you could argue was the better back (and even then, Coffee never impressed me). Honestly, I could have summed up the paragraphs you wasted your time writing in a few words: this was all in college. A GM should draft on the skill sets which cater to the club along with their upside, and a player's achievements should not outweigh that.

It's my OPINION that Reggie Bush would be a good dynamite gamebreaker for the Browns. He runs up the middle and is a lot more aggressive nowadays, and in my OPINION, he would flourish in the browns system either with Harrison or Jennings.

OPINION: it's really not a difficult concept to grasp.

Besides, to me, a Bush-Harrison-Jennings trio would always be more intimidating than Harrison-Jennings-Davis. I like Davis, just not here in Cleveland. Simply look at what Bush is doing in this year's playoffs, he's been a lightning rod. He'd help out that receiving game in a hot minute.

Archived