THE BROWNS BOARD

My push for Dan LeFevour

maddogg7888

The guy is a winner, simply put. Over the course of his 4 years starting for the Central Michigan Chippewas his win/loss records are as follows:

2006: 10-4

2007: 8-6

2008: 8-5

2009: 12-2

Overall 38-17

Among those 17 losses were opponents such as Arizona, Boston College, Georgia, Purdue, the No. 17 Ball State of 2008, Kansas

Purdue, Clemson, Purdue, Boston College, Michigan, Kentucky.

His statistics:

Career:

1,171 of 1,763 passes, 66.4% completion

12,905 yards passing

102 passing TD's

36 INT's

671 rushes

2,948 yards rushing

47 rushing TD's

THAT IS A LOT OF TOUCHDOWNS!

Not only does he perform on the field, he has a 3.58 gpa. He is a big guy standing 6'3" 238 lbs, he can take a hit, was a running back in high school.

IMHO he is a steal in this draft where he is projected 3rd round.

Here is a list of his awards and achievements

* 2006 MAC Freshman of the Year

* 2006 All-MAC first team selection

* 2006 Honorable mention Freshman All-American by Sporting News

* 2006 Academic All-MAC honoree

* 2006 MVP of the Motor City Bowl

* 2007 USA Today Player of the Week

* 2007 MAC Offensive Player of the Year

* 2007 MVP of the MAC Championship Game

* 2007 All-MAC first team selection

* 2008 All-MAC second team selection

* 2009 MAC Offensive Player of the Year

* 2009 All-MAC first team selection

* 2009 MVP of the MAC Championship Game

* 2010 MVP of the GMAC Bowl

Anyone else with me?

The guy is a winner, simply put. Over the course of his 4 years starting for the Central Michigan Chippewas his win/loss records are as follows:

Overall 38-17

Among those 17 losses were opponents such as Arizona, Boston College, Georgia, Purdue, the No. 17 Ball State of 2008, Kansas

His statistics:

Career:

12,905 yards passing

102 passing TD's

36 INT's

671 rushes

2,948 yards rushing

47 rushing TD's

Not only does he perform on the field, he has a 3.58 gpa. He is a big guy standing 6'3" 238 lbs, he can take a hit, was a running back in high school.

Anyone else with me?

I like your thinking.................meanwhile we still have two stiffs as QB's............and you do not win without a franschise QB

Overall 38-17

His statistics:

Career:

12,905 yards passing

102 passing TD's

36 INT's

671 rushes

2,948 yards rushing

47 rushing TD's

Anyone else with me?

Dude, please. He is not from Southern California or the South East USA. He is not a Rock Star Quarterback. Please dude.

Here's a scouting report that I find to be pretty accurate.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingRepo...an-LeFevour.php

Some of the weaknesses that really stand out to me are playing in a spread system and not taking snaps from under center, Gets flustered when pressured and too quick to take off and run (CF) , isn't strong at reading coverages and going through progressions, and just average timing. If Holmgren is looking to install a WCO, I just don't think he would be a fit.

I think he definitely has some potential, but he sounds like he is gonna need LOTS of work before he can start getting a "franchise qb" tag.

A good buddy of mine swears by The Fever, and he knows his stuff. I'm in favor of drafting two QB's from 3rd on down, we have 11 picks. Whether it's Quinn or a McNabb type brought in these guys can be developed under Holmgren's expertise. Makes sense to me, and please don't bring up Ratliff. If he was any good whatsoever he would have gotten some snaps at some point this year. Really, the guy shouldn't have made the roster out of preseason, Bartel was better.

The more shots you take the more chance you have of hitting on a real find, and we know how these MAC QB's go.

so, every team that is any good they lost to?

Overall 38-17

His statistics:

Career:

12,905 yards passing

102 passing TD's

36 INT's

671 rushes

2,948 yards rushing

47 rushing TD's

Anyone else with me?

Good stuff! I like this kid alot too. Maddogg, if I ever have to sell ice to eskimoes - you're hired!

- Tom F.

You know what's so funny about these QB debates? We now have a guy with a proven track record of choosing QBs working in our building!

At this point if the Big Show decides he wants Daffy Duck playing QB, I don't care, cause I trust he knows what he's looking for.

I see a QB in the third round as a great value whether it's LeFevour or McCoy. I don't think you can go wrong with either of those two at that price point.

Here's a scouting report that I find to be pretty accurate.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingRepo...an-LeFevour.php

Some of the weaknesses that really stand out to me are playing in a spread system and not taking snaps from under center, Gets flustered when pressured and too quick to take off and run (CF) , isn't strong at reading coverages and going through progressions, and just average timing. If Holmgren is looking to install a WCO, I just don't think he would be a fit.

I think he definitely has some potential, but he sounds like he is gonna need LOTS of work before he can start getting a "franchise qb" tag.

I'm a little tentative in evaluating LeFevour because I've watched less of him than the other QB prospects. But from what I've seen - three or four games this year, soon to be more - I can't help but agree with Wright's analysis.

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised by all the LeFevour love here. I'm not a big McCoy fan, but I'd have him a tier or two higher than the Fever, who strikes me as more of a 5th round guy.

I'm a little tentative in evaluating LeFevour because I've watched less of him than the other QB prospects. But from what I've seen - three or four games this year, soon to be more - I can't help but agree with Wright's analysis.

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised by all the LeFevour love here. I'm not a big McCoy fan, but I'd have him a tier or two higher than the Fever, who strikes me as more of a 5th round guy.

I totally respect your opinion, but assuming they're all there (McCoy and Bradford won't be) let me twist your arm- who do we take with one of our third round picks?

And I'll let you wait until after the Senior Bowl to answer.

I've seen zero of LeFevour, so no opinion there- but the track record of MAC qbs has been pretty decent in the NFL of late.

OK, they lost to better teams.

It might be more impressive to list some of the wins of the 38.

Overall 38-17

His statistics:

Career:

12,905 yards passing

102 passing TD's

36 INT's

671 rushes

2,948 yards rushing

47 rushing TD's

Anyone else with me?

I'm concerned about his arm strength....we already have a qb like that. What about Tony Pike?

system QB

hurt to often

no thanks

I haven't done real extensive research on him, but he has the size, the arm, the intelligence, based on what I've read. The injury to his non throwing arm should be okay. What if we could get him in the third or maybe fourth round....isn't he worth taking a chance on? I just don't want a qb in the first or second round......I think this guy could have potential.

system QB

hurt to often

no thanks

I have never understood when people say system QB??

All QBs run some sort of system.

You guys need to start thinking outside the box a bit. The "pro-set" system isn't going to be as prevalent in the coming years.

Joe Montana was a system qb. Nobody complains about that.

I have never understood when people say system QB??

All QBs run some sort of system.

tell that to graham harrell. he had one of the best qb years ever and didn't even get drafted. hell the browns thought he wasn't good enough to qb for this team. what does that say about him?

tell that to graham harrell. he had one of the best qb years ever and didn't even get drafted. hell the browns thought he wasn't good enough to qb for this team. what does that say about him?

not just to prove your point (or my ignorance), but who is Graham Harrell?

(and if ALL 32 teams pass on him every round? come on man....but hey, happened to Charlie Ward back in the day)

not just to prove your point (or my ignorance), but who is Graham Harrell?

(and if ALL 32 teams pass on him every round? come on man....but hey, happened to Charlie Ward back in the day)

he was the qb at texas tech the last couple of years. he played with crabtree and threw up great numbers his senior year. he had close to 50 touchdowns in one season and had a bunch of yards. he can't function in a pro style system. another guy like that is colt brennan and just to add another would be brian brohm.

That gets to my point about people being stuck in the box.

You guys need to start thinking outside the box a bit. The "pro-set" system isn't going to be as prevalent in the coming years.

i see what you're saying, but i don't think it's going to happen as fast as you think. michael vick was supposed to be the guy who did that and he only had a couple of good years. jmarcus russell never even had a semi-decent year. look at the top two qb's of the decade: manning and brady. they are total statues. sure big ben, favre, brees and a few others can move around, but the run first offense will fail in the nfl just like it's failed before. linebackers and d-linemen are just too fast in the nfl to let the qb get outside on a consistent basis. they know how to contain unlike college kids.

I totally respect your opinion, but assuming they're all there (McCoy and Bradford won't be) let me twist your arm- who do we take with one of our third round picks?

And I'll let you wait until after the Senior Bowl to answer.

Yeah, the Senior Bowl will be very important. Pike and Canfield are intriguing to me, but each needs to answer questions about his game: for Pike, it's mental toughness and the "system QB" q's; for Canfield, it's mobility and footwork - particularly his ability to shuffle & reset his feet while facing pressure. Both of those guys could be 3rd round options.

Also, keep an eye on Jarrett Brown; he's very raw but has McNabb-like physical tools. If we bring in McNabb, it'd be a good idea to draft Brown in the 4th & have him learn under Donovan for 2-3 years. I like him a lot, but he needs to have a good week to keep his stock from sliding.

I think we are all overlooking the fact that this year's qb class is pretty weak. A lot of these guys who are 2-3 rounders would be 4-6 rounders prob next year. I don't see any reason we should reach for a qb in this draft. Get a vet through FA (Pennington) to compete with Quinn and let them duke it out for the starting job next year.

IMO, we should build the rest of our team first, so that when we draft a qb, he has other facets of the team to rely on while he goes through growing pains. I hate to say it, but we should do what the ravens, stoolers, and jets did for their teams.

Archived