THE BROWNS BOARD

We didn't like Braylon because he was Michigan

HowieDawg

Did anyone read this article ? How the hell did Stan Edwards and his wife ever conceive a child?

Obviously they both have vagies

Is he serious...comparing Braylon too Moss,Owens,& Fitzgerald ?

Saying everyone in the Browns organization only cared about their own personal careers? EXCUSE ME ! Exhibit A !

Lets set the record straight...This is a town that cheered for Albert Bell

If your helping us win,we don't care if you have a pointy tail and hide your horns under your helmet

just WIN and we'll show ya some love

Oh... and drop the game winner tomorrow...and that towns gonna shred ya

.........lmao

I HATE Michigan.....

I HATE Michigan.......

I HATE Braylon AFTER he started acting like a child superstar AND than Dropping everything on an NFL field....

Seriously no normal mature Browns fans Hates a talented player on our team because of the College they played for. I am sure you have those who dont seperate college fandom to Pro but they are definately a Minority.

Any Normal Browns fan could care less and loves any player that helps the Browns win. Honestly most of the time I dont remember where players even come from....... Troy Smith won a Heisman for my Bucks.....however I dont want him on the Browns as a starting QB......... Robo was an above Average college WR (IMHO) I would like him to succeed on the Browns yes some because of nostalgia but mostly BECAUSE I WANT THE BROWNS TO WIN.......

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...d_says_his.html

Let's be honest, it's a bit of both.

I liked Steve Everitt, Derrick Alexander and Aaron Shea the second they became Browns. Same with Thom Darden. Aside from that, I was kind of hoping we'd steal Lamar Woodley. I only hate these Michigan pukes when they're at the school up North.

I never had a problem with Braylon until everything but football looked to be #1 in his life. The nightclub nonsense, racing Stallworth in bare feet, dropsies, Lebron envy, and all that crap. I don't think he's been anythign terrific in NY in any of the Jets games I've seen. Same drops when open. He's an average receiver inspite of the physical tools.

- Tom F.

I had no bias against BE or any player on any team for that matter...the fact the guy is mental and yet somehow thinks he is gods answer to football combined with the fact he cant catch and mentally collapses when the chips are down is what made me dislike him as both a person and a player ,being a ex-wolverine never even remotely played into it with most fans imo..

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...d_says_his.html

Let's be honest, it's a bit of both.

Not with me. If you'd asked me, I wouldn't have been able to tell you Braylon's college. Stan is grasping at straws. Why on earth did Grossi write about this silliness?

I can understand a father defending his son, but that article war a bunch of crap. I dispise UM as much as the next guy, but once they put on that orange helmet all that goes out the window. Besides the drops what used to piss me off about Edwards was rarely did he ever adjust to a throw and try to fight through a defender to make a catch. How many int's were caused because the defender jumped the route or stepped in front of him. Ball is now going the other way while Braylon practices his air guiter.

I consider myself a serious Buckeye fan..not on the level of the browns...but i do hate the blue...

2 of my favorite browns of my era are Leroy Hoard and Steve Everitt ...both Wolverines...both played hard and knew how to play in Cleveland i even remember Everitt being one of the most outspoken when the browns moved to balitwhore...he even wore a browns t-shirt every game under his jersey while a raven (i dont know how long this carried on)..he was pissed..he got what this team means to cleveland and the fans around the globe. i never cared where he went to school...i considered it a bonus that he understood our kneck of the woods...our passion and blue collar mentality..much like Joe Thomas does today.

by the way..did anyone catch Braylon come out last game and when they announce the school he said "Loyd Carrs Michigan"...what a dick...

I can understand a father defending his son, but that article war a bunch of crap. I dispise UM as much as the next guy, but once they put on that orange helmet all that goes out the window. Besides the drops what used to piss me off about Edwards was rarely did he ever adjust to a throw and try to fight through a defender to make a catch. How many int's were caused because the defender jumped the route or stepped in front of him. Ball is now going the other way while Braylon practices his air guiter.

Apparently no one considers the fact that we might be happy to rescue players from the evil clutches of the enemy.

And on Hoard ...I know this has been brough up in the past here but its one of the best football quotes of all time...

Regarding his skills, Hoard reportedly once said to his coach, "Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards."

I consider myself a serious Buckeye fan..not on the level of the browns...but i do hate the blue...

2 of my favorite browns of my era are Leroy Hoard and Steve Everitt ...both Wolverines...both played hard and knew how to play in Cleveland i even remember Everitt being one of the most outspoken when the browns moved to balitwhore...he even wore a browns t-shirt every game under his jersey while a raven (i dont know how long this carried on)..he was pissed..he got what this team means to cleveland and the fans around the globe. i never cared where he went to school...i considered it a bonus that he understood our kneck of the woods...our passion and blue collar mentality..much like Joe Thomas does today.

by the way..did anyone catch Braylon come out last game and when they announce the school he said "Loyd Carrs Michigan"...what a dick...

I can't believe I forgot Hoard! LOVED that guy when he was here. When we finally finally deep sixed BB's Tommy Vardell brain fart (FB in rd 1?) - we put a freakin freight train in the backfield and he ran the ball down the esophagii of a physical defensive front of Reggie White, Jerome Brown, Clyde Simmons, Mike Golic and Seth Joyner. He repeated that vrs Dallas and all these teams he wasn't supposed to. I think he started the final 8 games for us and rushed for 900 yards as we made the playoffs winning 11 games and the wild card round vrs NE. He ran like an old fashion fullback so that's where he was included on the Pro Bowl roster. And you buddy Flugel FORGOT about him.

If anything, I had more of problem with hometown kids like Elvis Kringle Grbac and Desmond Howard leaving Ohio to go play in Michigan. I never liked Grbac until he played Santa Claus to our defense as a Ratbird.

- Tom F.

I think that comments like "Browns fans didn't like me [braylon] because [he is] from Michigan..." show how petty, insecure and unintelligent Braylon Edwards really is. It's a slap in the face to any intelligent football fan. In all honesty, you root for the jersey...not the guy in the jersey. If he happens to be likeable (for whatever reason) you like him even more. I think that Braylon Edwards blamed his way out of town. What's next? It's gotta be the shoes....or was that a "regulation" ball? The light was in my eyes. The check is in the mail....cause he's the king of mailing it in.

How about we don't like him cause of that? Braylon Edwards needs to be a man. He needs at accept responsibility when he lets his team down. THAT is why he punched a ticket out of here.

I can't believe I forgot Hoard! LOVED that guy when he was here. When we finally finally deep sixed BB's Tommy Vardell brain fart (FB in rd 1?) - we put a freakin freight train in the backfield and he ran the ball down the esophagii of a physical defensive front of Reggie White, Jerome Brown, Clyde Simmons, Mike Golic and Seth Joyner. He repeated that vrs Dallas and all these teams he wasn't supposed to. I think he started the final 8 games for us and rushed for 900 yards as we made the playoffs winning 11 games and the wild card round vrs NE. He ran like an old fashion fullback so that's where he was included on the Pro Bowl roster. And you buddy Flugel FORGOT about him.

If anything, I had more of problem with hometown kids like Elvis Kringle Grbac and Desmond Howard leaving Ohio to go play in Michigan. I never liked Grbac until he played Santa Claus to our defense as a Ratbird.

- Tom F.

You beat me to mentioning Hoard Mr. Flugel. Not to mention all the other Michigan grads that have put on the Orange helmet. Our dislike for Braylon is for one reason- the guy has hands of stone. We'd even put up with his off-field antics if he played like Larry Fitzgerald- which he doesn't- not by a country mile.

fkc.gif

Here's exhibit A. Plenty more where that came from......

Hey, don't forget Mark Campbell either...I liked both him & Shea, & both were always good naturedly joking with the OSU guys. I have never seen any "anti-Michigan" feelings once these guys are in Cleveland in the NFL. Had Braylon earned his keep & acted like a man, he would have been loved in Cleveland regardless where he played college ball. He was just a big name bust....that's all he was & probably all he WILL be.

Mike

I liked Steve Everitt, Derrick Alexander and Aaron Shea the second they became Browns. Same with Thom Darden. Aside from that, I was kind of hoping we'd steal Lamar Woodley. I only hate these Michigan pukes when they're at the school up North.

I never had a problem with Braylon until everything but football looked to be #1 in his life. The nightclub nonsense, racing Stallworth in bare feet, dropsies, Lebron envy, and all that crap. I don't think he's been anythign terrific in NY in any of the Jets games I've seen. Same drops when open. He's an average receiver inspite of the physical tools.

- Tom F.

Don't forget Leroy Hoard, either. He had some really good years under Belichick running and catching it.

That whole Michigan thing Edwards believes was only further enabled and legitimized thanks to Savage's quotes. That might have been the stupidest thing he communicated, even more than the eff you during the '08 Buffalo game.

Browns' fans rooted for and excepted Jamal Lewis. He was from a place far worse than Michigan and he was without a doubt hated before he arrived. To say fans have a bias against a player because of where he is from is just petty bullshit. All we want is a guy that plays hard and shows some respect towards the franchise.

Archived