THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Brady Quinn

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

Now, don't all go getting your panties in a bunch ... hear me out.

I'm sorry but Brady Quinn just doesn't have stardom written all over him, IMO. The kid could be a good servicable QB, that won't make mistakes and could run a controlled offense. But that shit is a bore and he's a dime-a-dozen in reality.

However, he could still gardener a First Round Draft pick. Together with our First Rounder, we could even get to the #1 overall again (and blow the pick a third time, but that's a different story).

Bring in a solid vet at QB through Free Agency (no names mentoned), and start focusing on building a defense. We still need a stud running back (Harrison? Please, I said "stud"), and we need probably two+ stud LB's and a couple of other front seven guys that like to eat glass and shit wood.

I have many on here discounting DA because he wasn't gonna be the-shit, ever. Well, just who on this team is? Let's face-it, either a player on this team is in Camp-Crennel, or in DA's Camp, or both. When we start cleaning those two out, we are going to have to dig deeper because there are going to be plenty of poor attitudes. It's a rebuilding era again, with new coaches, wanting "their own players" ... let's sell the farm club and stock pile picks.

Trade Cribbs too ... he's a PK/KR folks. He ain't a WR, he ain't a QB ... he's a special teams player that can draw a crowd on the market.

Trade Harrison. Unload Winslow.

Keep Braylon (I hated typing that, but for now we must keep him). Keep the O-line intact, for the most part. Build around Shaun Rogers. Keep the two young corners around, but bring in new blood as depth and to push-em. Get a knock-out Safety (yet another need through the draft).

Brady Quinn is average ... let's start over for real.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second the above post. Time to clean house, get rid of the QB love in here and build a team that can win. Keep the good ones, trade the mediocre ones. Quinn could bring some good pics. Anderson probably not to much, but we could keep him and let him fight for the starting QB position next year with whomever we draft, trade for. We desperately need some LB's. Our Defense should take top priority. We have the makings of a good offense if we unload Quinn and Winslow, get some good trades for them and get our Defense up to snuff.

post-80-1228145718_thumb.jpg

I gotta say I think we're a DB, LB, Stallworth replacement, and a coach away from being darn competitive.

I'm still in the "too soon to tell" Quinn camp and willing to give him more of a chance. He's never gone through training camp as the starter. When his finger was healthy, he had a decent (not amazing) start. 59 points in his first 2 games (in what quarter of his 2nd game did he break his finger anyway?) isn't too bad.

I think next year's schedule is more favorable as well.

It was hard to watch Pittsburgh look so good yesterday though.

Ate....on the surface it almost sounds logical...but here is the catch.

DA is due $5M in bonuses. If you are going to trade BQ...then you have to either pay DA that bonus and keep his starting salary on the books...or you have to go out and get TWO QB's!!!

Besides which....you are really ready to write the book on a QB who had a broken finger and tendon injury in 8 of the 12 quarters he played (injured in 1st Q of 2nd game)? Seriously?

I mean, in his first only game that he wasn't playing with a bad release finger....his FIRST EVER START....he put up over a 100 QBR....on 1 DAY OF PRACTICE!!!

Sorry, but even if you don't like him...this can ONLY be determined an INCOMPLETE! Definitely worth another look.

Do I agree we need to bring in a Vet QB to back him up? Of course. No more 2 young QB crap.

As for the rest....sorry, this team is closer than anyone is giving it credit for. The D has had a total of maybe 4 bad games....(none are stellar, but still)....and in fact have limited opponents to 17 or less in 7 out of 12 games...all while the offense was shitting the bed on a regular basis (20 or less in 7 as well....and 2 of the 20+ were BQ games).

I say we get what we can for DA....dump the dead weight (Stallworth, Davis, McGinest, etc...)....trade K2 (he is injured and not happy anyway and Rucker can fill that position)...sign and trade S.Jones...go after a legit #2 WR (C.Johnson???, cheap and good)....and hold the course with BQ.

Then get rid of RAC....get in Rex Ryan to set a fire under the D...and fill in a MLB (Curry) and a SS (Chung?), and go after another OLB (we should get a pretty good pick for K2, so we should bet 1st day on this as well).

That would fix this team pretty fast without blowing it up.

As for RB...yeah, we need a guy....but a 4th rounder may be just as good if we get a system guy instead of a "power" runner.

Ate....on the surface it almost sounds logical...but here is the catch.

DA is due $5M in bonuses. If you are going to trade BQ...then you have to either pay DA that bonus and keep his starting salary on the books...or you have to go out and get TWO QB's!!!

BQ would be due over $10 mil in extra incentives gained if he starts next year.

BQ would be due over $10 mil in extra incentives gained if he starts next year.

So you would prefer starting a guy with an immobile QB with a bad MCL who is now 13-14 as a starter with a career QBR of 75.1 over seeing what a first round QB with only 3 starts under his belt but that put up 30 points and a 100+ QBR in his only HEALTHY start...and still managed 29 in his 2nd start despite a broken finger and injured tendon in his 2nd start....?

Oh, and just so you know...that $11M bonus isn't due until 2010 and 2011, and then only if he plays 70% of the snaps next year....so no, BQ has NO BONUS IMPACT for 2009!!!

8/7/2007: Signed a five-year, $9.25 million contract. The deal contains $7.75 million guaranteed, including a $4.3 million roster bonus in the second year. Another $11 million is available though escalators in 2010 and 2011 based on Quinn taking at least 55% of the snaps in each of the first two years or at least 70% in his third season. Another $9.8 million is available, but is unlikely to be earned. 2008: $370,000, 2009: $655,000, 2010-2011: $700,000, 2011: Free Agent

So quit playing high and mighty and realize that BQ is not only the BETTER option...but ALSO cheaper.

John I agree whole heartedly with your thought process here...I always thought K2 would better serve his mouth someplace else beside I dont think his career will be long in the NFL...Stan is nuts If were gonna gonna keep a QB who has shown 0 progress since hes been here...and has been in the league nearly 5 years now...Sorry Stan...But your high!

So quit playing high and mighty and realize that BQ is not only the BETTER option...but ALSO cheaper.

Anderson's MCL will be fine in a few weeks and Brady Quinn thought he had a bruise on his finger so you can't use that excuse for why the Browns offense ground to a halt since he came in to play QB.

Atenears is right. If the organization listens to the fans the franchise will be sunk by Brady Quinn fanaticism. The expectations on him are bigger than he is capable of fulfilling, like Tim Couch, and when one player is bigger than the team then there is no winning formula.

Anderson's MCL will be fine in a few weeks and Brady Quinn thought he had a bruise on his finger so you can't use that excuse for why the Browns offense ground to a halt since he came in to play QB.

Atenears is right. If the organization listens to the fans the franchise will be sunk by Brady Quinn fanaticism. The expectations on him are bigger than he is capable of fulfilling, like Tim Couch, and when one player is bigger than the team then there is no winning formula.

go away moron!

Guest ATENEARS

For the record, I never said anything about keep DA, nor keeping DA with his current signing bonus intact.

If you remember right, I was the one calling for us to add a vet QB last off-season as well. If Dorsey looks like shit these next few games, I'm going to be pissed. He would be a waste of a roster spot, as he didn't mentor anyone.

I think it all hinges on if we get a new coach and GM and who who they are with lerner they likely will be crap i dont see bq or da going out the door just yet if we get a real HC i can see a real preseason qb competition between da,bq and perhaps a wiley vet or 2 as well.. however i think under a new management regime edwards and perhaps k2 are gone and our defense goes 4-3..

I am not convinced that quinn with only 3 starts isnt our guy yet but i am pretty sure da is not but with a hard working motivated coaching staff with a qb coach who knows how to make a qb lose bad habits and learn good habits who knows since lerner supposedly hasnt even evaluated rac or savage yet and we have no idea who if anyone will be coming to or leaving cleveland its to early to say..

I dont feel comfortable with lerner making management decisions and fear not much will change either way i do think its safe to say the browns organization has very faulty evaluation skills of both players and management personel from the top down...

Guest ATENEARS
For the record, I never said anything about keep DA, nor keeping DA with his current signing bonus intact.

In fact, re-reading my opening post, I even stated, "When we start cleaning those two (Crennel & DA) out ..."

So, pumpkin and all you other freaking idiots that can't move past the BQ/DA feud, take a break for awhile and unbunch those panties.

You have to trade DA. And I am a DA supporter. You can keep BQ and see if he is the answer while blowing up the team. As I agree that he does not have enough games to determine what he is. Plus you could use the fans love for him to your advantage.

You can blow the team up and start BQ and the fans will give you at least two years of unconditional support to try and build around the players you keep. BQ will get a much longer honeymoon period with the fan base than any other QB you could get.

I said it before, stop changing QBs. If BQ is the QB stick with him for more than a season and half. Give him a few years to see what he becomes.

As far as the fumble that lost the game yesterday. That was at least as much on Thomas as it was on DA. The guy ran right through Thomas and was straight up and hit DA as he was throwing. I know that almost every other QB in the league would not fumble the ball if they were slammed when attempting to throw the ball but it was as much the blocking as it was the QB on that play. But as far as staring down receivers that was all on DA. And what was up with the play calling? Didi they even call for more than a few throws longer than 10 yards?

Trade DA, Trade a bunch of players and fire the coach. I think you keep Savage, but that is just me. And one question, why would Cower want to coach in Cleveland?

You have to trade DA. And I am a DA supporter. You can keep BQ and see if he is the answer while blowing up the team. As I agree that he does not have enough games to determine what he is. Plus you could use the fans love for him to your advantage.

You can blow the team up and start BQ and the fans will give you at least two years of unconditional support to try and build around the players you keep. BQ will get a much longer honeymoon period with the fan base than any other QB you could get.

I said it before, stop changing QBs. If BQ is the QB stick with him for more than a season and half. Give him a few years to see what he becomes.

As far as the fumble that lost the game yesterday. That was at least as much on Thomas as it was on DA. The guy ran right through Thomas and was straight up and hit DA as he was throwing. I know that almost every other QB in the league would not fumble the ball if they were slammed when attempting to throw the ball but it was as much the blocking as it was the QB on that play. But as far as staring down receivers that was all on DA. And what was up with the play calling? Didi they even call for more than a few throws longer than 10 yards?

Trade DA, Trade a bunch of players and fire the coach. I think you keep Savage, but that is just me. And one question, why would Cower want to coach in Cleveland?

Simple answer:

$$$$$$$$$$$ if the price and the power is right cowher may come but i wouldnt bank on it...i doubt lerner has the skills to deal with the likes of bill cowher..

knickers, people like you are driving the organization into the ground.

When the Browns leave for L.A. sometime in the not-too-distant future, you can thank yourself.

Here in is why no one takes anything you say with any credibility...youre a total fruad...go away...and spare yourself the embarrassment and ridicule you absorb and deserve...your boy is finished...get over it!

As pathetic as it sounds BQ is one of the reasons the fans actually had to be exctied this year. If they were to trade him off you can expect to have the stadium burned to the ground. Im not for or against BQ or DA. Im for a qb that can win games, period. I honestly feel that if the browns were for some reason to trade him off they would lose a ton of support from the fans. Keep BQ trade off DA, we have seen what DA can do and im not impressed. At least give the kid a shot to prove to us either way.

Next, Stan will want to trade Joe Thomas and Steinbach to have the money to sign a big name FA qb, so he

can get his career ended.

NO. Keep Quinn, dump DA for a 3rd rounder? (if anybody would...), and draft a big powerful OG.

Trade Braylon for a second rounder. I think we need two drafted players in the second round, Tons

of value there. One of those should be an OT.

Trade Quinn. "AAAAARRRRRRRHHHHHGGGGGGP$&%^*&^*&$$"

In fact, re-reading my opening post, I even stated, "When we start cleaning those two (Crennel & DA) out ..."

So, pumpkin and all you other freaking idiots that can't move past the BQ/DA feud, take a break for awhile and unbunch those panties.

re-read some more, you aren't the only one commenting on trading Brady Quinn. Another poster commented that BQ should be traded and DA should be kept.

As pathetic as it sounds BQ is one of the reasons the fans actually had to be exctied this year. If they were to trade him off you can expect to have the stadium burned to the ground.

Exactly. Quinn has the franchise by the throat.

As you can already see, the fans are burning down everything around Quinn so that they can claim he is great and that it is everybody else's fault.

If he does not ascend to be a Peyton Manning-quality QB immediately he will bury the franchise. And Cleveland will only be able to say that it is their own fault.

If he does not ascend to be a Peyton Manning-quality QB immediately he will bury the franchise. And Cleveland will only be able to say that it is their own fault.

There's not much fault in giving a #1 draft pick a chance. Training camp and some of the season. Same chance DA had.

Guest ATENEARS
Next, Stan will want to trade Joe Thomas and Steinbach to have the money to sign a big name FA qb, so he

can get his career ended.

You all are a waste of time to debate with on a message board. I already stated in my opening post to keep the O-line in tact, why would you even waste time alluding to what I'm going to say next when I've already stated differently?

www.DawgBones.com <--- Great Browns Message Board, much better than this place. Hurry register TODAY!

Exactly. Quinn has the franchise by the throat.

As you can already see, the fans are burning down everything around Quinn so that they can claim he is great and that it is everybody else's fault.

wow i agree completely with you Lum

After this disaster of a season I say that all options should be on the table. If we're talking about a trade I'd have to think that Quinn would command more value than Anderson. And if this trade is going to be made I don't want Savage's fingerprints on it. I'd rather he be gone. I don't want RAC here either.

You're actually serious? Did you read what the DA-fag threadstarter said? He's trying to unload the WHOLE FREAKING TEAM and KEEP the Retard QB who single-handedly has lost us at least 3 games this year.

ATE/Lum have contributed WAY more bashing of Edwards, Winslow, the defense, playcalling, Lewis, and everything else they can get think of outside of the QB than the whole rest of the board combined. You two are the absoulte masters of deflecting blame, just like your boy DA does in interviews. BQ, just like his supporters, accept the blame on their shoulders. Thats' what a leader does.

I have heard not one positive thing about any part of this team, not one postive thing, from you two when DA is the starter. It's all negative. When he isn't, and the defense gives up 500 yards, you don't mention a word about it.

Archived