THE BROWNS BOARD

Florida's beautiful panhandle beaches will soon be in ruin.

And if it's all about that his attitude isn't "hair on fire" enough, or you want him to go to Louisiana and hug some people on camera, grow the xxxx up.

He's done all he's qualified to do.

Read speeches, took credit, passed the buck, played tough guy and sent lawyers.

If there's ever a communty organizing crisis he'll be all over it.

WSS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, the Dems and Obamao regime wonks are to blame - for the

drilling in over 5,000 feet of ocean. That's nearly a MILE under water, where

it is apparently nearly impossible to stop the huge geyser.

Being intimidated, etc, to drill that far off the coast is NOT

BP's fault.

I know John asked Heck was DOES he believe in, if anything. Did I miss the answer, John?

I was waiting for Heck to answer your question, then he comes back later,

just as bitter and hateful as before.

Does Heck BELIEVE anything? Or just attack's other's beliefs?

Which, goes hand in hand with never offering up the beginnings of threads...

he's just into attacking ....

>>Did I miss the answer, John?>>

I don't remember asking the question, although I might have. If I was waiting for an answer, I must have forgotten.

I'll let a great artist, Don Williams, and his absolutely fabulous song to tell you what I believe in:

I don't believe in superstars,

Organic food and foreign cars.

I don't believe the price of gold;

The certainty of growing old.

That right is right and left is wrong,

That north and south can't get along.

That east is east and west is west.

And being first is always best.

But I believe in love.

I believe in babies.

I believe in Mom and Dad.

And I believe in you.

Well, I don't believe that heaven waits,

For only those who congregate.

I like to think of God as love:

He's down below, He's up above.

He's watching people everywhere.

He knows who does and doesn't care.

And I'm an ordinary man,

Sometimes I wonder who I am.

But I believe in love.

I believe in music.

I believe in magic.

And I believe in you.

Well, I know with all my certainty,

What's going on with you and me,

Is a good thing.

It's true, I believe in you.

I don't believe virginity,

Is as common as it used to be.

In working days and sleeping nights,

That black is black and white is white.

That Superman and Robin Hood,

Are still alive in Hollywood.

That gasoline's in short supply,

The rising cost of getting by.

But I believe in love.

I believe in old folks.

I believe in children.

I believe in you.

But I believe in love.

I believe in babies.

I believe in Mom and Dad.

And I believe in you.

This is the biggest crock of shit the right has pushed since "The Community Reinvestment Act caused the financial crisis." Anything to blame this on the same groups of people you blame everything on - the poor, environmentalists, liberals, Obama

They drill out there because that's where the oil is. Hundreds of millions of barrels of it. In fact, most of the remaining oil in the Gulf is further out to sea, and farther down, because much of what is closer has already been tapped. So they drill further out to sea, and father down.

Who are you suggesting made BP go out there and drill for oil, The Sierra Club? The Surfrider Foundation?

Will you people please wake the xxxx up?

Yeah, you should probably read some more before you shoot your mouth off. You don't know what the hell you're talking about, or how any of this works.

So then you're saying that I'm as qualified to handle it as Obama?

Cool.

" This is the biggest crock of shit the right has pushed since "The Community Reinvestment Act caused the financial crisis. "

Nah.

It was Boooosh I tell ya.

I seen him!!!

WSS

So then you're saying that I'm as qualified to handle it as Obama?

Cool.

" This is the biggest crock of shit the right has pushed since "The Community Reinvestment Act caused the financial crisis. "

Nah.

It was Boooosh I tell ya.

I seen him!!!

WSS

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. Precisely the opposite. You don't know how any of this stuff works, but that never stops you.

As for the second part, that's the bullshit you were pushing for months, against all available evidence, against all common sense. And I argued something very different. And you then claim the counter-argument was really about Bush.

Because you're a dishonest idiot.

Yes, I do. And I'm positive you don't.

So tell me: what do you want the government to do that it hasn't done?

There are certain things I wish Obama had done that he didn't do. But most of these concern communications and politics and his responsibilities as the nation's spokesperson.

You seem to be suggesting he didn't do anything. Well, what do you want him to do?

I don't blame Obammy for the explosion that caused the leaking oil. I blame him for a piss poor attempt at stopping it and also the clean up effort. He is a phony, a liar, and I predict a one and out President. :lol:

I'd like you to explain what you think he should have done, as well.

You seem to be suggesting he didn't do anything. Well, what do you want him to do?

Nothing Heck. That's the whole point

He has no more idea what to do than you or me or the man in the moon.

It's cute that you think he does.

You're the guy that thinks he has it together enough to put together a team that knows it's ass from a hole in the ground.

We might as well have Mike Brown.

BP will eventually find something, we hope. Then Obama can take a bow and make more threats.

WSS

Nothing Heck. That's the whole point

He has no more idea what to do than you or me or the man in the moon.

It's cute that you think he does.

You're the guy that thinks he has it together enough to put together a team that knows it's ass from a hole in the ground.

We might as well have Mike Brown.

BP will eventually find something, we hope. Then Obama can take a bow and make more threats.

WSS

Yeah, you have no idea how any of this works. The fact that he's not an expert on deep water oil extraction is besides the point, and even you shouldn't imagine that pointing it out constitutes an argument. Neither does stating that "he's done nothing, as usual." But this is what we get from you. Because you're ignorant of how the government functions, among other things. Many other things. But don't let that stop you. You're a man with an (completely uninformed) opinion, telling other, more informed people how things really are. Otherwise known as "an asshole."

He's the head of the government, dingbat. He's in charge of dispatching every agency, scientist, and government official that will assist in the effort to stem and react to the spill, as well as helping coordinate the effort among private industry. He's partially responsible for the clean up efforts, and is in charge of coordinating state efforts. And lots, lots more. He gets briefed on every aspect of this every day. He's also in charge of appointing the people to head the agencies responsible for this, and he can choose between the Mike Browns and the people who actually know what they're doing because they've got things like advanced degrees and have been working in the relevant fields for the better part of their adult lives.

Now, you can't tell the difference between the two. That much is clear. And maybe you can't tell the difference between Peyton Manning and the QB from Topeka Central. But that's not our problem. It's yours.

But what is actually taking up about 1/3rd to 3/4 of the day, every day, since this thing exploded, is what you refer to as "doing nothing."

Wouldn't it be better to step back and say, "I have no idea how any of this works. I just have five opinions I repeat ad naseum, and that's all I can do."

Something, something, bellyaching. Something, something, political hay. Obama's an empty suit.

No, the Dems and Obamao regime wonks are to blame - for the

drilling in over 5,000 feet of ocean. That's nearly a MILE under water, where

it is apparently nearly impossible to stop the huge geyser.

Being intimidated, etc, to drill that far off the coast is NOT

BP's fault.

I know John asked Heck was DOES he believe in, if anything. Did I miss the answer, John?

I was waiting for Heck to answer your question, then he comes back later,

just as bitter and hateful as before.

Does Heck BELIEVE anything? Or just attack's other's beliefs?

Which, goes hand in hand with never offering up the beginnings of threads...

he's just into attacking ....

If there wasn't oil there, they wouldn't drill. It's BP's fault for trying to save money and not following proper protocol. Again, how can you preach personal responsibility but not corporate responsibility? Why is some faceless company better than actual human beings?

Thank you.

We heard from Cal and Steve, who both believe that BP was drilling this well filled with hundreds of millions of barrels of oil because environmentalist made them do it, and that they're to blame here.

Anyone else believe that? Really?

As for BP, Steve says there's no blame there. "Things happen." No need to investigate further. No need to send people to conduct that investigation. He already knows. Somehow. Even though the early indications all point to possible negligence, and that they should have stopped when they realized the cap had been damaged. But don't worry about that. "Things happen."

He worries more about "opportunists" than accountability. And then suggests that we'll all forget about the biggest environmental disaster in American history "in a couple years." Phew. I feel so much better.

In fact, he hopes BP and their shareholders makes it through this okay, and prosper. Nothing about the fishermen, the thousands and thousands of people whose lives depend on the tourism industry, the people who live down there, or all the other lives BP's spill has now affected, and will for years, possibly decades; the environment itself, the wetlands, the marine life, the ecosystem - nothing. He's worried about BP, and blames ...environmentalists.

What an asshole. At some point, Steve, I've got to wonder if it's purposeful. Like Limbaugh, you're a man of pretend principles, who's really just a status quo shill with a complete disregard for the less fortunate, a contempt for minority groups, and someone who revels in he gets from being a boorish, ill-informed lout.

I mean, at least Limbaugh doesn't speak openly about his contempt for the Bill of Rights.

Well, we've heard from Heck, who licks Obamao's toes and doesn't have anything honorable to say about anything,

unless it's eh... hmmm. Nothin.

So, Heck, LOL, I figured you would come out challenging me about this.

Trouble for you, is, **** I **** read a lot of sources.

Here's one, Heck. Maybe you should try being an honest appraiser of FACTS instead of

letting your party tell you how to pretend you have any values and principles.

Heck is Bob Beckel sp? and Helen Thomas rolled into the wrapper of a fine Cuban cigar.

Why BP must drill in 5,000 feet of water By Charles Krauthammer

Washington Post

Published on Sunday, May 30, 2010

WASHINGTON: Here's my question: Why are we drilling in 5,000 feet of water in the first place?

Many reasons, but this one goes unmentioned: Environmental chic has driven us out there. As production from the shallower Gulf of Mexico wells declines, we go deep (1,000 feet and more) and ultra deep (5,000 feet and more), in part because environmentalists have succeeded in rendering the Pacific and nearly all the Atlantic coast off-limits to oil production. (President Obama's tentative, selective opening of some Atlantic and offshore Alaska sites is now dead.) And of course, in the safest of all places, on land, we've had a 30-year ban on drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

So we go deep, ultra deep — to such a technological frontier that no precedent exists for the April 20 blowout in the Gulf of Mexico.

There will always be catastrophic oil spills. You make them as rare as humanly possible, but where would you rather have one: in the Gulf of Mexico, upon which thousands depend for their livelihood, or in the Arctic, where there are practically no people? All spills seriously damage wildlife. That's a given. But why have we pushed the drilling from the barren to the populated, from the remote wilderness to a center of fishing, shipping, tourism and recreation?

Not that the environmentalists are the only ones to blame. Not by far. But it is odd that they've escaped any mention at all.

The other culprits are pretty obvious. It starts with BP, which seems not only to have had an amazing string of perfect-storm engineering lapses but no contingencies to deal with a catastrophic system failure.

However, the railing against BP for its performance since the accident is harder to understand. I attribute no virtue to BP, just self-interest. What possible interest can it have to do anything but cap the well as quickly as possible? Every day that oil is spilled means millions more in losses, cleanup and restitution.

Federal officials who rage against BP would like to deflect attention from their own role in this disaster. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, whose department's laxity in environmental permitting and safety oversight renders it among the many bearing responsibility, expresses outrage at BP's inability to stop the leak, and even threatens to ''push them out of the way.''

''To replace them with what?'' asked the estimable, admirably candid Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, the national incident commander. No one has the assets and expertise of BP. The federal government can fight wars, conduct a census and hand out billions in earmarks, but it has not a clue how to cap a one-mile-deep, out-of-control oil well.

Obama didn't help much with his finger-pointing Rose Garden speech in which he denounced finger-pointing, then proceeded to blame everyone but himself. Even the grace note of admitting some federal responsibility turned sour when he reflexively added that these problems have been going on ''for a decade or more'' — translation: Bush did it — while, in contrast, his own interior secretary had worked diligently to solve the problem ''from the day he took office.''

Really? Why hadn't we heard a thing about this? What about the September 2009 letter from Obama's National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration accusing Interior's Minerals Management Service of understating the ''risk and impacts'' of a major oil spill? When you get a blowout 15 months into your administration, and your own Interior Department had given BP a ''categorical'' environmental exemption in April 2009, the buck stops.

In the end, speeches will make no difference. If BP can cap the well in time to prevent an absolute calamity in the gulf, the president will escape politically. If it doesn't — if the gusher isn't stopped before the relief wells are completed in August — it will become Obama's Katrina.

That will be unfair, because Obama is no more responsible for the damage caused by this than Bush was for the damage caused by Katrina. But that's the nature of American politics and its presidential cult of personality: We expect our presidents to play Superman. Helplessness, however undeniable, is no defense.

Moreover, Obama has never been overly modest about his own powers. Two years ago next week, he declared that history will mark his ascent to the presidency as the moment when ''our planet began to heal'' and ''the rise of the oceans began to slow.''

Well, when you anoint yourself King Canute, you mustn't be surprised when your subjects expect you to command the tides.

Yes, Rush has a huge distaste for what you cowardly libs want to MAKE of our

BILL OF RIGHTS.

But Heck, now that your figurative butt is kicked, do change the subject, which

you are very consistent about.

And smart off again, I have all sorts of articles that back up what I said.

As an aside... did Heck EVER answer John's question?

We heard from Cal and Steve, who both believe that BP was drilling this well filled with hundreds of millions of barrels of oil because environmentalist made them do it, and that they're to blame here.

In case you don't have the brains to understand let me repeat.

Drilling closer to shore is easier.

It's less risky.

It's less expensive.

It's easier to fix if there's an accident.

But the rigs aren't pretty.

I mean, at least Limbaugh doesn't speak openly about his contempt for the Bill of Rights.

Maybe.

If he did, you'd have seen it on Olbermann.

If any part of the bill of rights is bastardized so as to makes it easier for violent criminals to be set free I do have contempt.

You, on the other hand, have contempt for the parts that guarantee life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

My contempt is better, IMO.

Now, you can't tell the difference between the two. That much is clear. And maybe you can't tell the difference between Peyton Manning and the QB from Topeka Central. But that's not our problem. It's yours.

No Heck, the problem we have is that If I get a good hot dog at a Colts game I don't drop to my knees and praise Peyton Manning for it.

Nor do I blame him if I can't find my car in the parking lot at Indy.

Wouldn't it be better to step back and say, "I have no idea how any of this works. I just have five opinions I repeat ad naseum, and that's all I can do."

It would indeed.

Instead Obama reads speeches bragging about how they're in charge of it all, yet having no ideas whatsoever what's going on.

And pictures of the empty suit all over the country shooting hoops dicking around and fundraising for left wing hacks are easily as newsworthy as pictures of Bush fishing during the Katrina clean up. Which you idiots ran ever fu*king day.

But I fully expect the fishermen and everyone hurt by this accident will get more than they lost.

Fair enough.

And Obama's team of PI attorneys will be swimming in profit.

But remember that your Democrat MO is to want to crush the company.

Put 'em outta business!!

Then there are no more golden eggs, but you feel better.

But it's stupid.

WSS

Heck is even more ridiculous. Nothing is about policy. It's just resentment, and misplaced theoretical arguments, and comparisons that don't make sense.

***FIXED***

All I have to say is, if you're really blaming the disaster on environmentalists, you are a wet-biscuit Retard.

I think what's being said is that closer to shore is less dangerous though possibly less attractive.

Besides the rest we can agree on that.

Can't we?

WSS

I think what's being said that what you're saying, while true, is also completely besides the point.

BP wants to drill out there, and does. This isn't the only deep water well. Lots of other oil companies want to drill out there as well, and do. Because there's lots of oil there.

So pointing out that environmental regulations exist (god forbid) and that people don't like new wells being put up close to shore doesn't mean that it's fair to blame this spill on environmentalists.

You'd have to point to a specific history that says that BP wanted to drill somewhere else, but wasn't allowed to, so they drilled here against their wishes. But you're not going to find anything like that because it doesn't exist.

And you should know it doesn't exist because prior to this everyone in the industry, and some in government, were telling us that deep water drilling technology had advanced to the point where it was perfectly safe.

They had no qualms about drilling out there, and the government didn't either.

So stop saying it's the environmentalists fault. It's ridiculous and unsupportable.

Doesn't matter if BP had to drill in 10,000 feet of water. Proper protocol needs to be followed. The problem that caused the geyser of oil isn't the water's depth. It's BP's negligence.

Let's not be ridiculo0us, no one MADE BP drill at all. If it was too deep for them, they shouldn't have drilled. that's all there is to it.

Doesn't matter if BP had to drill in 10,000 feet of water. Proper protocol needs to be followed. The problem that caused the geyser of oil isn't the water's depth. It's BP's negligence.

No, there should be MORE government intervention with a police force watching companies drill. Wait, isn't that what the people here are bitching about and what they DO NOT want to happen. Hypocrites. Still no answer on that.

There goes Heck AGAIN, completely changing the subject he's getting his backside booted in.

And there goes Alo again, making his backside feel all better.

Archived