THE BROWNS BOARD

TAMPERING and Censorship,

BUNSofSTEEL08

No what it does is SPEAK VOLUMES about Cleveland fans . SELF Proclaimed "BEST FANS ON EARTH"...Sh**... Funny how when Forbes Said the Cleveland Franchise was worth a little more than Pittsburgh You guys were like LOL...Were better than You. But when they said Pittsburgh Fans the 2nd best in ALL SPORTS period... You dont get that . And WHY Aint Browns fans ever high up on that list

Actually, the Browns fans were 3rd on that list. And the only reason they weren't higher was because the team was losing a lot, which the fans, of course, cannot help.

QUOTE by GIPPER

................................................................................

Forbes Magazine: Steelers Fans No. 2 In American Sports Fan Rankings

Posted on August 3, 2010

Forbes Magazine recently came out with its best American Sports Fan rankings, and the Pittsburgh Steelers were No. 2 on the list, trailing only the insufferable Boston Red Sox fans (I blame Jimmy Fallon and Fever Pitch for this) and just ahead of the Detroit Red Wings. Pittsburgh’s other professional sports team, the Penguins (no, I didn’t forget about the Pirates) came in at No. 6.

You can read about how they came up with the rankings by pasting below in your address-bar.

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2010/08/forb...s-fan-rankings/[/url

Said Forbes about Steelers fans…

“A great run in the 1970s (four Super Bowl wins) and the decline of the steel industry (which has spread ‘Burghers all over the nation) has led to a massive fan base. In recent years proud NFL towns like Denver and Washington have bemoaned the number of Black & Gold supporters in their home stadiums for games against the Steelers.”

Somehow, the Montreal Canadiens made the list at No. 11, which is a damn impressive accomplishment when you consider the obvious handicap of not even being located in the United States.

The other NFL teams to make the top 10 included Dallas (No. 9), New England (No. 5) and Indianapolis (No. 4).

]

TYPICAL Gipper you`re a fake and a Lier.... The Browns are No. #3 on that list Huh ??? NO DALLAS New Eng and Indy. only other Top 10 teams on that list .... you BS Artist.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Junkyard Dawg @ Aug 10 2010, 01:03 PM)

No, you see, we DO get it. We REALLY get it. See, in the 1980's when Montana was dominating the NFL? The 'Niner were supposedly the best fanbase in all sports. What happened? In the 80's and early 90's everywhere you went you'd see people decked out in 'Niners gear. Now you might see some dude wearing a S.F. hat maybe once a year. In the early-mid 90's Cowboys were the topped ranked. Everywhere you went you seen people decked out in the blue and silver. Late 90's when Elway was dominating Denver was ranked high up there..... Then the Pats for the last several years and the Stools the last several years.

Notice the trend, yet? GET IT, yet? We get it, these rankings are always based off of who is winning because the guys who were "Niners diehards" in the 80's, who became "hardcore Cowboys fans" in the 90's before morphing into "Broncos faithful" are now Steelers and Pats fans. Hey, it's a free country, if you think that is something to be celebrated be my guest.

Because our team isn't regularly winning and a constant fixture on ESPN/NFL Network? Because the whichever way the wind blows fans don't jump on bandwagons of bad teams?

Really? 'Cause i've been all over the world and America, and have heard little about the NFL outside of America. In America, though? Funny thing about that, whenever people spot the Browns ballcap on my skull or a Cleveland Browns t-shirt I happen to be wearing I usually receive nothing but positive words after the friendly trash talking. The only ones ever talking shit surprise surprise is the Stooltown Bandwagon Nation.

I mean, here you be, saying EVERYONE sees us as pieces of shit basically, yet everyone outside of shithole PA is showing mad love. EVERYONE knows about the Dawg Pound and almost everyone knows about how this fanbase prevented Modell from stealing our history, name and colors yet the fan shitstorm prevented it.

It's interesting, this dynamic that exists. Stools fans feel this need to join Browns, Ratbirds and Bengals boards to talk smack yet anyone who talks back is "bitter" or "crybabies." Yet for US being so bitter..... We're not the ones joining other boards that I am aware of, seeking out validation from division rivals. The lack of self esteem in Stooltown is transparent.

Still is.

Rich is a bandwagon jumping Steelers fan who claims he is also somehow a Browns fan. His issue with Browns fans stems from our intolerance towards him for jumping off and on badwagons, as well as our lack of following him onto the piss&black bandwagon. You couldn't pick a worse person to use as an argument for your cause. Really, unless you are also a bandwagon fan you should have the same intolerance towards him, he's only a Stools fan because they're winning. If the roles were reversed? He would be admonishing YOU for not becoming a bandwagon Browns fan.

Shit, look at his entire argument, we're all idiots to him because the "real Browns fans" supposedly jumped on the Steelers bandwagon in the 1970's while the idiots stuck around.

This whole thing is rambling Babble dude... And I know you aint Changing your mind... We both overgeneralize and exaggerate our points. I aint buying Your BS and you aint buying My BS. Oh well..... life goes on.

This whole thing is rambling Babble dude... And I know you aint Changing your mind... We both overgeneralize and exaggerate our points. I aint buying Your BS and you aint buying My BS. Oh well..... life goes on.

A pissburgh fan admitting what he says is bull shyt? Whoa.

Gipper, I've posted the sell-out numbers for Three Rivers back when MARK MALONE was the QB. If that's not suffering through suckage, I don't know what is.

C'mon. What the hell is bizjournal? That site has Kansas City at #2, the freakin Bills at #6, the Texans at #7 and Denver at #9......The Raiders in last place... Their team sucks but I know their fans are better than that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ buns, sux, spunk :D :D :D

I am sure it was done in fun, but I agree with you. We shouldn't be changing posters names.
i disagree, and actually love it. what's a mexican party without the pinatas?

Browns fans don't have to pay rent on their own board, or we would too. a great innate perk.

they are not equals here and there is nothing wrong with exercising it.

i appreciate the personality of this board and it's willingness to take risks and add some spice to the dish...and frankly it's why i like this board.

look at em. LOL

hey, the rest of you, come out of the woodwork and post so i can laugh my effin ass off!

better yet, spread it out. let me stumble upon your doppleganger when i need some cheering up.

Would you like a roll of T.P. for your nose Mr. Cheesehead ? LOL... Hilarious. By the way I have been to ATL ...Charlotte...St. Louis .... Cincinnati and Buffalo the past couple yrs... and The Browns fans are not know as "Some of the Best around" in those towns. Not to mention my Old Pastor who lives in Wisconsin and is a huge Packer Fan told me Cleveland fans are know as Rowdy Whiners in his circle of NFL Fans... so I guess where ever you go , you will find BOTH side of that Coin. Sorry if I got any Piss on ya man.

*crickets*

You guys want to Fix my name ?? How old are you 10 ? So ... pathetic Anteater and Co.

I AGREE- EITHER BAN THEM, OR CHANGE THE NAMES BACK TO WHAT THEY WERE- AND SORRY, I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE KIDDIE MOD THAT HAPPENS TO THINK IT'S CUTE- I DON'T, AND I APOLOGIZE FOR THE JACKASS THAT THINKS IT IS. HEY BLUTO, THANKS FOR NOTHING FOR STARTING THE FOOD FIGHT.

oh come on hoorta. is it really that infantile or is it just temporary ball-busting? you guys care more than they do. B)

buns was just trolling anyway...

IF I'M GOING TO MODERATE, I CAN ONLY GO BY WHAT I THINK IS INFANTILE- AND IN MY BOOK, THIS IS GRADE SCHOOL LEVEL UNCOOL. DEAD SERIOUS- ONLY TIME I'VE EVER USED THE CAPS KEY TO GET MY POINT ACROSS. DAMN POOR TASTE. IF THAT'S THE BEST YOU'VE GOT TO MAKE TROLLS GO AWAY, IT'S FREAKING LAME AND CHICKENS**T- AND DEAR CHICKENS**T RESPONSIBLE PARTY, KINDLY PM ME TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF BEFORE I TURN IN MY MOD BADGE. EITHER STEELER FANS ARE ALOWED TO POST HERE OR THEY AREN'T. REASONABLE OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS ARE ALLOWED OR THEY AREN'T.

IF I'M GOING TO MODERATE, I CAN ONLY GO BY WHAT I THINK IS INFANTILE- AND IN MY BOOK, THIS IS GRADE SCHOOL LEVEL UNCOOL. DEAD SERIOUS- ONLY TIME I'VE EVER USED THE CAPS KEY TO GET MY POINT ACROSS. DAMN POOR TASTE. IF THAT'S THE BEST YOU'VE GOT TO MAKE TROLLS GO AWAY, IT'S FREAKING LAME AND CHICKENS**T- AND DEAR CHICKENS**T RESPONSIBLE PARTY, KINDLY PM ME TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF BEFORE I TURN IN MY MOD BADGE. EITHER STEELER FANS ARE ALOWED TO POST HERE OR THEY AREN'T. REASONABLE OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS ARE ALLOWED OR THEY AREN'T.

Okay........ummmmmmmmmm.

I've been through this on several boards.

Basically, is this site for discussing football, or is it a fighting forum?

If it's a 'fighting forum' ..............been there, done that....

Don't want to do that again.

:)

it's just some innocent ribbing imo. rewriting posts isn't cool and i never endorse misrepresentation like that but when you know their title has been jacked it's good for a nice laugh. personally, i would expect all this and more in my rival's house.

this place is cool enough trolls will endure a little bit of grief to post here, as it should be--and i like that. that doesn't or shouldn't make this a "fighting forum". it's not like packers fans get a bad rep here, or seahawks fans etc. just some active steeler guys etc who can hopefully take a joke. again, i think buns was just trolling and killing time with this whole thread.

but it wouldn't be the first time i've been wrong either.

to the other mod: i like me some middle of the night browns fix ala hoorta so please do whatever you need to do to right this issue and keep him here. :)

even if it is considered immature and disrespectful it did make me laugh last night. but only because i know who those posters are. if it was just picking on random rival posters it wouldn't have any weight.

I AGREE- EITHER BAN THEM, OR CHANGE THE NAMES BACK TO WHAT THEY WERE- AND SORRY, I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE KIDDIE MOD THAT HAPPENS TO THINK IT'S CUTE- I DON'T, AND I APOLOGIZE FOR THE JACKASS THAT THINKS IT IS. HEY BLUTO, THANKS FOR NOTHING FOR STARTING THE FOOD FIGHT.

Take it, easy, Larry. It's me, of course. Just having a little preseason fun at the expense of our Steeler trolls. I don't want to ban them ... we f*** with them because we can ... they seem to be taking it in stride. Remember, they're Steeler fans, it's our board, not theirs.

In any regards, it was just temporary fun .... It all started when one poster said he'd get a big kick if the mods change "robrotron" to "homotron" ... and he seemed to take it well, so I messed with a few others.

I figured "Mom" (Kathy) was going to yell at me soon anyway, so I'll stop ... c'mon, Buns of Steel was a little funny. They can change them back now and I won't mess with them, scouts honor. Or, if they PM me, I'll change them for them.

Sorry you got riled, dude, we need you on that nightwatch wall. We want you on that wall. We need you on that wall!

Zombo

No what it does is SPEAK VOLUMES about Cleveland fans . SELF Proclaimed "BEST FANS ON EARTH"...Sh**... Funny how when Forbes Said the Cleveland Franchise was worth a little more than Pittsburgh You guys were like LOL...Were better than You. But when they said Pittsburgh Fans the 2nd best in ALL SPORTS period... You dont get that . And WHY Aint Browns fans ever high up on that list

Actually, the Browns fans were 3rd on that list. And the only reason they weren't higher was because the team was losing a lot, which the fans, of course, cannot help.

QUOTE by GIPPER

................................................................................

Forbes Magazine: Steelers Fans No. 2 In American Sports Fan Rankings

Posted on August 3, 2010

Forbes Magazine recently came out with its best American Sports Fan rankings, and the Pittsburgh Steelers were No. 2 on the list, trailing only the insufferable Boston Red Sox fans (I blame Jimmy Fallon and Fever Pitch for this) and just ahead of the Detroit Red Wings. Pittsburgh’s other professional sports team, the Penguins (no, I didn’t forget about the Pirates) came in at No. 6.

You can read about how they came up with the rankings by pasting below in your address-bar.

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2010/08/forb...s-fan-rankings/[/url

Said Forbes about Steelers fans…

“A great run in the 1970s (four Super Bowl wins) and the decline of the steel industry (which has spread ‘Burghers all over the nation) has led to a massive fan base. In recent years proud NFL towns like Denver and Washington have bemoaned the number of Black & Gold supporters in their home stadiums for games against the Steelers.”

Somehow, the Montreal Canadiens made the list at No. 11, which is a damn impressive accomplishment when you consider the obvious handicap of not even being located in the United States.

The other NFL teams to make the top 10 included Dallas (No. 9), New England (No. 5) and Indianapolis (No. 4).

]

TYPICAL Gipper you`re a fake and a Lier.... The Browns are No. #3 on that list Huh ??? NO DALLAS New Eng and Indy. only other Top 10 teams on that list .... you BS Artist.

Maybe we are looking at different lists. I posted the list I was talking about.

But I do notice from that list that the only "fan bases" that are listed are those of teams that have won a lot. Like someone said: the 49er fan base was "the greatest" when they were winning a lot. Where have they been lately.

And do even you realistically believe that The Indianapolis Colt fan base is "better" somehow than the Browns fan base?

C'mon. What the hell is bizjournal? That site has Kansas City at #2, the freakin Bills at #6, the Texans at #7 and Denver at #9......The Raiders in last place... Their team sucks but I know their fans are better than that.

As far as I know bizjournal is a very well renowned business magazine. It just has more of a concentration on arts and entertainment more so than manufacturing or financial services. Since sports is basically entertainment it does its share of sports stories.

The thing that this points out is that you can find 100 of these "polls" and get 100 different results about what is or is not a great fan base. Many of them are just the products of one guy of a few guys on an editorial board.

This forum could take a poll and it might have as much credibility as any of these.

Fair to say?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ buns, sux, spunk :D :D :D

i disagree, and actually love it. what's a mexican party without the pinatas?

Browns fans don't have to pay rent on their own board, or we would too. a great innate perk.

they are not equals here and there is nothing wrong with exercising it.

i appreciate the personality of this board and it's willingness to take risks and add some spice to the dish...and frankly it's why i like this board.

look at em. LOL

hey, the rest of you, come out of the woodwork and post so i can laugh my effin ass off!

better yet, spread it out. let me stumble upon your doppleganger when i need some cheering up.

That's cool...I don't. Like I said, it was probably done in fun, but the fun lasts about 2 minutes.

Reading on I see others agree.....good for them.

I'm a life long BROWNS fan living in Western Pennsylvania for the past 35 years.... When I found this site in 2005 its became my oasis for Browns information along with some interesting chatter with other Browns fans....

Lately however, the Steeler trolls seem to have "taken over" the board with multiple posts chastizing anyone who would dare to say anything about their beloved Steelers... In my way of thinking these people are Steeler fans not football fans and their presence on our board is to primarily poke fun and draw attention to themselves...

Anything we can do to "stick it to them" is OK in my book.... You come into my house show respect or get the hell out....

I guess you have to live among them to understand where I'm coming from... In any case, I thought altering the names was damn funny.....

Peace

T.Dawg

I'm a life long BROWNS fan living in Western Pennsylvania for the past 35 years.... When I found this site in 2005 its became my oasis for Browns information along with some interesting chatter with other Browns fans....

Lately however, the Steeler trolls seem to have "taken over" the board with multiple posts chastizing anyone who would dare to say anything about their beloved Steelers... In my way of thinking these people are Steeler fans not football fans and their presence on our board is to primarily poke fun and draw attention to themselves...

Anything we can do to "stick it to them" is OK in my book.... You come into my house show respect or get the hell out....

I guess you have to live among them to understand where I'm coming from... In any case, I thought altering the names was damn funny.....

Peace

T.Dawg

Where are you from in western PA? I grew up near Meadville.

We hired the NFL referees who worked the Pittsburgh/Seattle Super Bowl game to look into these allegations of screen name tampering. After four hours of combing all threads and the member directory, they found not a single shread of evidence that any altering whatsoever has been going on.

However, a PayPal donation button will be installed under the 'Rooney Rule' to help these poor bastards further their investigation.

Take it, easy, Larry. It's me, of course. Just having a little preseason fun at the expense of our Steeler trolls. I don't want to ban them ... we f*** with them because we can ... they seem to be taking it in stride. Remember, they're Steeler fans, it's our board, not theirs.

In any regards, it was just temporary fun .... It all started when one poster said he'd get a big kick if the mods change "robrotron" to "homotron" ... and he seemed to take it well, so I messed with a few others.

I figured "Mom" (Kathy) was going to yell at me soon anyway, so I'll stop ... c'mon, Buns of Steel was a little funny. They can change them back now and I won't mess with them, scouts honor. Or, if they PM me, I'll change them for them.

Sorry you got riled, dude, we need you on that nightwatch wall. We want you on that wall. We need you on that wall!

Zombo

OK, it was funny for about 24 hours. I just felt it was a little over the top. It would have gotten you punched out in a bar. We've had our laugh, and let's move on. And I have to say, most of the Steeler fans here really aren't trolls in the truest sense- it's not their fault that they were born in Pittsburgh.

Meadville is a nice town. How could it not be, being named after an alcoholic beverage after all.

(Has anyone ever drunk "mead" by the way? Westside Steve maybe?)

If it has alcohol in it, I've probably tried it at least once. And mead or "honey wine" I've tried several times, and I don't much care for it. I'll put it on the level of Sake for enjoyment level. As an aside, if it has sugar in it, or has something that can be converted to sugar (corn, rice, wheat, barley) it can be fermented. I actually have a recipe for green tomato wine laying around somewhere- if you want to talk about an unappetizing idea.

PS- in the beer department I have only one rule A-B-M "anything but Miller", it's why Miller is in clear bottles- the hops & brew are so cooked and pasteurized the beer is dead as a doornail, and can't go skunky.

Halfsane, I grew up in Steubenville Ohio - Weirton West Virginia but now I'm living in beautiful downtown Greenville, Pa. home of the powerful Thiel college Tomcats....

Peace

T.Dawg

I was born in greenville hospital.

I grew up in Linesville. My dad lives in Espyville which is a straight shot up 18 from Greenville. My aunt and uncle live in Hermitage.

Small world dude !

Ah, the spillway, where the ducks walk on top of the fish.....

All kidding aside, this is some damn nice country and the people (even Steeler fans) are very friendly...

The Greenville hospital (UPMC) no longer does birthin of babies---you have to go to the upmc campus in Farrell...

Peace

T.Dawg

Half, some people make their living selling that moldy bread to tourists... As you know, the carp are so concentrated that when the bread is thrown the ducks will literally walk on top of the fish to get the bread...

I have a small farmette at Pymatuning where we spend the week ends. Being retired allows us to pick & choose where we lay our heads...

Peace

T.Dawg

LOL... Not a Big Deal..I got over it. I have lots of Padding back there.

Zombo

And Dont forget ...we make things Spicey around here.

Archived