THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns in Madden 2011

jrb12711

I know this is kind of unimportant to the actual browns on the field, but religiously playing madden as the browns for the past few days I thought I'd just post how they made the browns overall. I'm not sure how many of you play video games a whole lot, but if you're on the fence about buying the game, do it now. It's amazing.

Anyway, just things I have noticed (so far).

Firstly, they have us rated at 70 overall. If I looked at it right, that puts us as the 6th "worst" team overall according to the game

-Jake Delhomme is just GOD awful in the game. I mean absolutely terrible. I know he's not peyton manning, but they show Jake as a guy who literally misses wide open receivers and cant throw 4 yards. Playing online there's no way to possibly win as the browns unless I switch over to seneca wallace.

-Jerome Harrison however is spot on. He's quick and agile, and is awesome as the third down back.

-Cribbs is Cribbs, period. I'm glad they gave him the respect he deserves in the game.

-I am pleasantly surprised at how well they rated the o-line. I don't disagree with it, but they usually make the line terrible.

-The WR's are absolutely God awful too. Of the 4 games i've played online, I would say they made the guys drop at least 5 wide open passes with me doing a user catch.

-Eric Wright and Sheldon Brown get no love at all in man to man coverage. I basically can't play it on good WR's because they just get burnt or beat on the slant.

Overall, I think they hated on us a little bit too much. It seems like based on Jake they made the team awful. I don't if anyone will really care about this haha, I just figured there may be a couple more people who play madden on here who have more opinions.

when I play as the browns I put wallace at qb and maybe only throw 10-15 passes a game to either cribbs, watson, or hillis in the flat. Harrison and hardesty compliment each other nice and I basically run them all day then throw in a play action every once in a while. As far as defense goes, what I found works best is to move rogers to re, rubin at dt, and roth at le, then my rolb is fujita, lolb is gocong, and mlb are jackson and bowens. Try starting haden and wright at cb, brown at fs, and either ward or elam at ss, that is the lineup that works best for me...ps roth is a beast defensive end in the game.

when I play as the browns I put wallace at qb and maybe only throw 10-15 passes a game to either cribbs, watson, or hillis in the flat. Harrison and hardesty compliment each other nice and I basically run them all day then throw in a play action every once in a while. As far as defense goes, what I found works best is to move rogers to re, rubin at dt, and roth at le, then my rolb is fujita, lolb is gocong, and mlb are jackson and bowens. Try starting haden and wright at cb, brown at fs, and either ward or elam at ss, that is the lineup that works best for me...ps roth is a beast defensive end in the game.

Thanks a bunch, I'll be sure to give it a try.

Stuckey makes crazy sideline catches for me, robiskie has hands, massaqoui is solid.

I use McCoy, he has good short and medium throw accuracy.

Harrison is real quick and has good skill type moves

D Line and Rubin are ranked too low

Matt Roth should be higher then 74 IMO.

The corners seem to work for me, make sure to use press coverage when running man.

I use mike adams at fs (87 speed) and ward has nice hit power.

The ratings will update as soon as these guys prove themselves(hopefully)

yea, good advice that's exactly what I did in terms of the secondary. I got abe's ass out of there for sure. T.J. Ward is actually not near as bad as I thought. I'll have to try shifting roth to DE, see how it works.

@clevelandplayoffs, yea I always press coverage when I play man, but I think the problem is (for me anyway) is that i'd say with one exception every person i've played is either the pats, saints, Green Bay or the Jets. They way overrated Braylon in the game and when it's one on one in man coverage they seemingly always give the good WR the catch, even with me playing user D. It's really frustrating because there's literally nothing I can do to stop it on the blitz, and the level I play against the better teams playing zone coverage just gets you picked apart. You must be lucky in the games you played in terms of WR, I'll literally throw to wide open guy and the second he gets hit it makes him drop it for incomplete. I'll ball protect the second I user catch it, it doesn't matter.

Also, I noticed Ben Watson is extremely solid in this game. I would honestly say for me he's probably the most consistent catcher on the team. I haven't looked that much into the ratings, just based on my play. I would definitely say Robiske is second best, he does seem to catch most things coming his way.

My biggest complaint is that the jersey numbers are not current. They better update that quick because it's hella annoying to change everyone's jersey number.

I've been using Hardesty more than Harrison and he seems to play beyond his ratings. And Cribbs has been my best WR although I intend on upgrading that position in the offseason and move him out of there. And Trusnik is really, really good at getting to the QB.

My biggest complaint is that the jersey numbers are not current. They better update that quick because it's hella annoying to change everyone's jersey number.

I've been using Hardesty more than Harrison and he seems to play beyond his ratings. And Cribbs has been my best WR although I intend on upgrading that position in the offseason and move him out of there. And Trusnik is really, really good at getting to the QB.

oh really? I might have to send trusnik on some weak blitzes. So far, it seems like the best LB overall is Roth, and I've actually have had a lot of success playing in coverage with Gocong. It's early though, it usually adjusts well by the time week 2-3 rolls around.

Do they update player stats week to week during the season?

No but they do have a few updates throughout the season. It's definitely a solid game. In my case I'm a Madden diehard so I'm usually there at the midnight release and in some cases call off the next day. I've been doing this since college though so it's more of a ritual with friends than anything else. The Browns were rated respectfully if you ask me especially when you consider the record last year. As of now the ratings are based almost solely on last years performance and as the season progresses ratings change here and there but it's only a few times a year. Either way year after year someone has a issue with the ratings. Nature of the beast.

Here's my question...with all the new players being added are they basing the stats off of last years individual performances or are they just giving the whole team a rating based upon what the Browns did last year? And I'm still on the fence about the quality of this years Madden. So far i'm leaning on Madden 10 being a more solid playable game with less cheese moments. Also think Backbreaker is more enjoyable in terms of realism overall with the physics of football. The running animations in Madden this year are really bothering me as they feel like old technology rehashed...JMHO

Here's my question...with all the new players being added are they basing the stats off of last years individual performances or are they just giving the whole team a rating based upon what the Browns did last year? And I'm still on the fence about the quality of this years Madden. So far i'm leaning on Madden 10 being a more solid playable game with less cheese moments. Also think Backbreaker is more enjoyable in terms of realism overall with the physics of football. The running animations in Madden this year are really bothering me as they feel like old technology rehashed...JMHO

Backbreaker is terrible. Madden 11 is better than Madden 10 and the ratings are a combination of last year performance and expectations for this year. Madden 10 is still a solid game but Madden 11 once the strat pad is patched out is a more well rounded game with better physics and body control. They did a pretty good job this year and I think the animations are top tier. Easily the best of any Madden game so I'm not sure what animations you're seeing.

Yeah I love this years edition but a thing I've found is it seems impossible to play consistent D.

I score all day, and get scored on all day.

The other day I played the number 1 ranked guy at the time (44-4) and the score was like 45-43 me winning.

I ran for like 400 yards with AP because if I did throw, he would nano blitz.

Which brings up another point, dominating backs just playing CAN NOT BE STOPPED, idk if anyone has played with or against Chris Johnson, but the man is a glitch!

but one thing I LOVE is the lifelike movements of the individual players.

Like when I got a pick with Eric wright, he ran the same exact way and when I completed a deep pass to MoMass, he stood up and celebrated the same way.. It's awesome, IMO.

Yeah I love this years edition but a thing I've found is it seems impossible to play consistent D.

I score all day, and get scored on all day.

The other day I played the number 1 ranked guy at the time (44-4) and the score was like 45-43 me winning.

I ran for like 400 yards with AP because if I did throw, he would nano blitz.

Which brings up another point, dominating backs just playing CAN NOT BE STOPPED, idk if anyone has played with or against Chris Johnson, but the man is a glitch!

but one thing I LOVE is the lifelike movements of the individual players.

Like when I got a pick with Eric wright, he ran the same exact way and when I completed a deep pass to MoMass, he stood up and celebrated the same way.. It's awesome, IMO.

yea, that's a result of the the brand new locomotion system they put in for this year's game. they got rid of the of the "boost" and just made players naturally react. It is harder to get used to but makes the game so much more realistic and fun to play IMO.

What Madden proves is that if the Browns would just let ME run things, we would go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl every season! :lol:

No, what Madden proves is that the Clowns are overrated if anything! Let me ask you something. When Delhomo proves what we all know and sucks this year, is the Puppy Pound going to throw snowballs at him? Might be kind of hard to do since Shit Stadium will be empty since you're all unemployed up there! ROFL!

Your Eternal Superior And Lord,

-The Gate Keeper

No, what Madden proves is that the Clowns are overrated if anything! Let me ask you something. When Delhomo proves what we all know and sucks this year, is the Puppy Pound going to throw snowballs at him? Might be kind of hard to do since Shit Stadium will be empty since you're all unemployed up there! ROFL!

-The Gate Keeper

ROFLMAO. What a loser.

-The Gate Keeper

the only gates this guys opening is the one on "batman" and "robins" pants to suck on their not so perverbial knobs

ROFLMAO. What a loser.

Oh look, another Clowns fan who likes to have faith that their team could actually do something just because they barely beat Pittsburgh last year. I'm trying to think of the last time I didn't assume a Clowns/Bengals game wasn't going to be a W. Too long! LOL!

Holmgren is just setting you up to fail again, bringing that noodle-armed happy-feet old man Delhomo to fill in until Colt McCoy can come in and disappoint like all Clowns draft picks.

The One Who Holds The Strings,

-The Gate Keeper

Sorry but when you make fun of trash talkers in your video then sign up to numberous football forums to just to troll and run your mouth you lose any and all creditability. I kind of feel bad for you to be honest. It's obvious by the way you talk that your slow in the head. You cant even say a full sentence without pausing halfway through. What do you have attention deficit disorder or something?

Sorry but when you make fun of trash talkers in your video then sign up to numberous football forums to just to troll and run your mouth you lose any and all creditability. I kind of feel bad for you to be honest. It's obvious by the way you talk that your slow in the head. You cant even say a full sentence without pausing halfway through. What do you have attention deficit disorder or something?

You made a good decision here including one of my awe-inspiring films for all to see! It will educate all of you community college students and welfare recipients on how The Crowned King operates.

PS-- you misunderstand totally the point of the video. I have nothing against trash talking. Otherwise, I wouldn't do it. I was just calling out rival trash talkers and reminded them who their Crowned King is. Clownland bitch!

The Man Who Controls Your Fate,

-The Gate Keeper

Once I seen your goofy face and long hair I couldnt stop laughing long enough to listen to the video. I could careless what cincytucky does anyways. Your just another e-thug who would get knocked out in real life so you resort to trash talking on the internet for your own safety. Your opinion doesn't matter to anyone.

Who is this Retard in the video?

Once I seen your goofy face and long hair I couldnt stop laughing long enough to listen to the video. I could careless what cincytucky does anyways. Your just another e-thug who would get knocked out in real life so you resort to trash talking on the internet for your own safety. Your opinion doesn't matter to anyone.

I can take anyone on! Do you even realize who you're talking to? I am the most well known fan in the NFL! So show some respect to your Crowned King! Bitch boy!

-The Gate Keeper

I can take anyone on! Do you even realize who you're talking to? I am the most well known fan in the NFL! So show some respect to your Crowned King! Bitch boy!

-The Gate Keeper

I have never heard of you. Who the hell are you?? From watching a minute of the clip above it looks like your a Queerboy who gets taken from behind. So doesnt that make you the bitch boy?

I have never heard of you. Who the hell are you?? From watching a minute of the clip above it looks like your a Queerboy who gets taken from behind. So doesnt that make you the bitch boy?

IDK, you'll have to ask your girlfriend her opinion. She seemed to be taking the more submissive role a few nights ago. She might not remember though because she was so intoxicated. Aren't alcoholism levels at an all time high up there in Clownland due to the shit economy and the surge of people on welfare?

The Man Who Controls Your Fate,

-The Gate Keeper

damn it can we stop feeding the troll. just ignore him and he goes away....unless hes a fraggle you can never get those out.

browns in madden 11. haven't played the game but lets get back to that subject.

How exactly does locomotion work?

Archived