THE BROWNS BOARD

The only good thing about this loss to the Bucs is....

bugzilla

Bright side: Newly aquired players played well on D. TJ Ward had a great game IMO. Haden played a lot and got burnt once, but other than that one play had a solid game. Linebacking core played alright against the run but was suspect in the pass rush. Marcus Bernard looked good while he was in and deserves more PT. Sheldon got burnt once but fortunately we didn't pay for it. Defensively our pass rush was the area of concern, but on the upside the secondary looked great despite one mistake by Haden.

Sucky side: Offensively, as we all know sucked.

I don't know if it was playcalling, over confidence in delhomme, or receivers just flat out not getting separation but that was horrendous. Give the ball to our running backs and develop a play-action game! Wasn't that what we did four straight to win 4 straight last year(even with out any air attack)

....that it marks the beginning of the end of the Mangini era. I predict us winning 3 or 4 games this year. At least we get rid of one of the most hated coaches in the NFL and get another high draft pick.

Wake me up when the 2011 draft comes along.

Eat shit. This is the first post you made in almost a year. I think your a Jets fan.

Bright side: Newly aquired players played well on D. TJ Ward had a great game IMO. Haden played a lot and got burnt once, but other than that one play had a solid game. Linebacking core played alright against the run but was suspect in the pass rush. Marcus Bernard looked good while he was in and deserves more PT. Sheldon got burnt once but fortunately we didn't pay for it. Defensively our pass rush was the area of concern, but on the upside the secondary looked great despite one mistake by Haden.

Sucky side: Offensively, as we all know sucked.

I don't know if it was playcalling, over confidence in delhomme, or receivers just flat out not getting separation but that was horrendous. Give the ball to our running backs and develop a play-action game! Wasn't that what we did four straight to win 4 straight last year(even with out any air attack)

I don't know how much was playcalling. On some level, when you're up 14-3 in the second quarter with your defense playing reasonably well...you can't throw a pick falling down to Ronde Barber. I doubt that Brian Daboll drew it up that way. That pick was on Jake. That was where the momentum turned and Jake wasn't able to rally his team after that. I was disappointed they didn't call Harrison's number more but at the same time it seemed like the runs were getting stuffed as Pork Chop and St. Clair couldn't play at the NFL level.

I don't know how much was playcalling. On some level, when you're up 14-3 in the second quarter with your defense playing reasonably well...you can't throw a pick falling down to Ronde Barber. I doubt that Brian Daboll drew it up that way. That pick was on Jake. That was where the momentum turned and Jake wasn't able to rally his team after that. I was disappointed they didn't call Harrison's number more but at the same time it seemed like the runs were getting stuffed as Pork Chop and St. Clair couldn't play at the NFL level.

That pick decided the game. I am EXTREMELY disappointed that Jake wasn't pulled when limping. Even if you want to establish him as the starter, as a Coach you MUST NOT risk him further injury when you have a capable backup. I believe Mangini placed himself FIRMLY under Holmgren's microscope today with that single non decision.

Mike

First half, up until JD threw that falling INT, I was feeling good... after that.. the second half, it was a completely different team. Playcalling sucked.. sorry.. but it was horrid. I was tired of seeing Harrison thrown up the butt's of the OL, and getting nowhere. He is best played outside with room to run.. Leave it to Hillis to move the mound of flesh (as long as he holds onto the ball).

The playcalling was predictable, and the team lost momentum. Where was the WildDawg.. we saw it was 3 times.. 2 runs from Cribbs and a throw to Seneca... That was it, if I can remember. Cribbs had no protection on Kicks and Punts... I don't get it. They looked decent if not good in the first half.. The second half was horrid. IMO coaching killed it.. They should have come out ready to kill, and take the game over. There is so much talent on this team yet so poorly utilized... SO FRIGGIN FRUSTRATING....

I hope Holmgren tears into em all..

That pick decided the game. I am EXTREMELY disappointed that Jake wasn't pulled when limping. Even if you want to establish him as the starter, as a Coach you MUST NOT risk him further injury when you have a capable backup. I believe Mangini placed himself FIRMLY under Holmgren's microscope today with that single non decision.

Mike

I dont think they involved Seneca so much when Jake was anointed as the starting QB. Seneca was onlyfeaturing in the flash and cyclone packages ! It is time to unleash Seneca.

Only 1 game, only first season, only second season.... Same shit different year with these guys.

Why shouldn't the fans be pissed. The browns lost to one of last years worst teams. What's that say about the browns?

Same shit different people, it is true and sometimes i seriously think the nfl is punishing cleveland fans for fighting the move, we won the rights but the nfl took our soul in return...its a pattern same shit different regimes..not even a fighting chance with the idiots that are currently running this team..

Holmgren is a hack and could care less he is part of the whole thing and obviously not the solution...

Maybe next week we can stick to what wins us games and RUN THE FU*KING BALL.

Game Plan vs Chiefs:

1st set of downs- Run, Run, Pass (1st down)

2nd set of downs- Run, Pass, Run(1st down)

3rd set of downs- Play action pass(1st down)

4th set of downs- Run some more.

We have to mix it up next week.

Establish long drives and get SOME points and let the defense do their job and we will be fine.

Same shit different people, it is true and sometimes i seriously think the nfl is punishing cleveland fans for fighting the move, we won the rights but the nfl took our soul in return...its a pattern same shit different regimes..not even a fighting chance with the idiots that are currently running this team..

Holmgren is a hack and could care less he is part of the whole thing and obviously not the solution...

Hey, I'm fed up with the losing too- but running the entire management team out of town after one loss isn't the solution. The players H&H brought in are an upgrade over what we had, no?

Turnovers were the story of this game- the Browns still aren't good enough to win games when they lose that battle.

Hey, I'm fed up with the losing too- but running the entire management team out of town after one loss isn't the solution. The players H&H brought in are an upgrade over what we had, no?

Turnovers were the story of this game- the Browns still aren't good enough to win games when they lose that battle.

They won't be good enough to do that until they have a true star... Something we haven't had since 1965 in Jim Brown.

After that it is a team full of hard-working misfits that sometimes get the city excited enough to let them down.

Welcome to the life of the Cleveland Sports fan.

first of all_ there is nothing good about a f*ckin loss. too the bucs or patriots, it doesn't matter!! the problem with the browns is that they put guys like peyton f*** hillis in the game when jerome should be playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats the reason we lost get the f***ckin picture thats the truth

Get off the Harrison should have played more. He had one nice run I'll grant you. other than that- he had eight carries for 13 yards, Not exactly Hall of Fame numbers.

And I'll give Hillis a pass- at least on the first fumble. Unless your name is Superman, there's no way you can hang onto the ball when a defender gets a straight helmet shot on it.

Hey, xxxxing Retard, you're gayer than AIDS, GTFO numb nutts!

....I can't argue with that statement. It's too powerful and insightful. I must be silent now...

Did you know that what you said actually means:"You're right pikey, but I don't want to admit that, so instead I'll call you names". Do you need a monkey translator to express your feelings? (<--- that's a reference to the movie "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs", in case you missed it).

I have thought the same about what you have in bold! It does make you wonder! Apparently Terry Pluto felt the same way when the Browns came back, as he wrote a book called "False Start." I haven't read it, but I really want to get a copy of it. It wouldn't suprise me in anyway shape or form if the NFL set us up to fail as a "serves you right for bitching about the move!" Remember, Modell was well respected in the league, and afterall they can't go against their homy! It is after all a business and misery sells as well as success. Keeping Cleveland down is probably a better story line than us winning! Who knows? I've always had my thoughts and supicions about this, as well as other crap that goes on in sports. Of course we would have know way of knowing or proving it, as I would imagine nobody would spill the beans, but some of the calls in the NFL and other sports, and factor in that the Browns find more and more creative ways to lose! Just when you think you've seen it all, they find another way! :blink: It is frustrating, but as fans we must press on!

go away

its only game 1

no buddy.....................

it's over a decade worth of shitty football and crap coaching/ownership.

you guys think you can do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

oh, and jake the "savior" looked just pathetic. teach you to take some other team's washed up trash QB and make him your messiah.

How xxxxing insightful is it to point out that we had a winning record in 2007? xxxxING EINSTEIN over here.... Jesus Christ! you are like xxxxing rainman, I cant believe you're even allowed out of your cage to type this sh!t.

Go the xxxx away, no one cares about your "insightful" and "informative" replies that a 5 year old could contribute.

Thanks for everything and with love,

You're right. It wasn't insightful. But it's hard to be informative when you call me names. Let's be friends. What do you say?

p.s. speaking of the cage...Am I rattling yours?

You're right. It wasn't insightful. But it's hard to be informative when you call me names. Let's be friends. What do you say?

p.s. speaking of the cage...Am I rattling yours?

Watch out Mikey, looks like you got a stalker. Some strange dude you are "Pikey".

Watch out Mikey, looks like you got a stalker. Some strange dude you are "Pikey".

Strange? Why? Because I don't take mikey's hatred too seriously? Or do you want me to make derogatory remarks to make my point?

May be you should be concerned about Mikey's lack of social skills and football knowledge. Just a thought...

Can we talk about football please?

You have no point or relevance, go away?

Diehard- I've never had a stalker before, the weird thing is he isn't going away.

May be I'm not a stalker at all. May be MikeyP72 is my other account and ATE is my third account, and I'm doing this to boost post count. Dang, now I sound like Inspecta. Yeah, chew on this.

May be I'm not a stalker at all. May be MikeyP72 is my other account and ATE is my third account, and I'm doing this to boost post count. Dang, now I sound like Inspecta. Yeah, chew on this.

DING-DING!! That deserves an advertisement. Today we bring you:

www.JoshCribbsJersey.com

51-54876-F.jpg

ONLY $79.99

SHOP AT: www.JoshCribbsJersey.com

Thank-you for shopping at www.TheBrownsStore.com and all of our spin-off Outlets!

THANK YOU JESUS !!!!!

Harrison was getting stuffed! Someone else gets it.....

Blame Daboll, then Delhomme, then Harrison for not showing up....

Harrison for not showing up? He was responsible for one of the touchdowns with his long run! Besides one lucky as hell pass getting through (was a poorly thrown ball), it was the only big play we had. Harrison had one pass thrown to him and the idea should be to get him into space - and the pass is one way to do that. He wasn't much involved in the game plan from the beginning. Mistake on the coaching staff's part.

Harrison for not showing up? He was responsible for one of the touchdowns with his long run! Besides one lucky as hell pass getting through (was a poorly thrown ball), it was the only big play we had. Harrison had one pass thrown to him and the idea should be to get him into space - and the pass is one way to do that. He wasn't much involved in the game plan from the beginning. Mistake on the coaching staff's part.

How many Harrison homers are there in this forum. They reproduce like mosquitos.

Archived