THE BROWNS BOARD

ANDERSON gets the last laugh?

miktoxic

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya know G, we've seen that stuff out of Anderson- plenty of times. Like throwing a laser between three defenders for a TD, and then next series, tossing the ball 10' over a RBs head on a swing pass. Erratic as hell, and the stats for the game tend to make me believe NOTHING has changed with DA. It's going to take more than one road win against a crappy team to make me believe Derek has turned the corner. Get back to me on how DA looks @ the bye week- after he's played Atlanta, San Diego, and New Orleans.

If he does well, great- he's a decent guy. If not, it will prove Holmgren knew what he was doing when he dumped him. As to the playoffs, the NFC West is arguably the weakest division in the league- and anyone could win it.

Agreed...ya get what ya get with him (DA)...some good some bad...

but the Cleelin fan contingent seems to only want a HOF QB with local roots, who mucks it up with the media, and commits zero errors along the way...

That's why Jake the snake is in for a long season in Cleveland...If he plays and loses this week and throws 2-3 picks...the fun will start, and this board will be filled with Seneca Wallace lovers big time...

It truley is very good cheap entertainment.....DA was hosed last year..losing all his wide-outs and TE and then having to deal with all the Quinn lovers...and media bullsh*t..

I wish him a good season with the Cards...he'll have a tuf test this week at Atlanta..but if he pulls one out this week...against a playoff type team..........OH BABY!!!

Plus we also lost to the Raiders and Chiefs that year because of pick sixes or multiple interceptions thrown by Anderson. Those were really crappy teams to lose to.

Browns didn't play the Chiefs in '07 bubba.

And the best Browns QB of all time was CHARLIE FRYE.

Charlie had a 64% completion percentage!...DAMN! That's pretty much unstoppable offense right there.

Really, were stil talkin about derek anderson?

Get over it or go cheer on the cardinals. Anderson isn't bernie kosar or brian sipe. Shit he isn't even mike pagel

Yea, maybe Otto Graham has a grandson that the Browns can sign to play QB.

Why are we arguing about what an Ex QB can do for the Browns now?

You can discuss him in historical context, but why worry about him now?

In fact, lets do that: Rank the best QB's in Browns history. Here is the list of the QBs that have started 3 or more games in Browns history. Rank your top 10 or so:

Ken Dorsey

Luke McCown

Mark Rypien

Dave Mays

Todd Philcox

Eric Zeier

George Ratterman

Tommy O'Connell

Doug Pederson

Mike Tomczak

Gary Danielson

Jeff Garcia

Mike Pagel

Trent Dilfer

Brady Quinn

Jim Ninowski

Kelly Holcomb

Charlie Frye

Paul McDonald

Vinny Testaverde

Milt Plum

Derek Andersen

Bill Nelsen

Mike Phipps

Tim Couch

Frank Ryan

Otto Graham

Bernie Kosar

Brian Sipe.

Yea, maybe Otto Graham has a grandson that the Browns can sign to play QB.

Why are we arguing about what an Ex QB can do for the Browns now?

You can discuss him in historical context, but why worry about him now?

In fact, lets do that: Rank the best QB's in Browns history. Here is the list of the QBs that have started 3 or more games in Browns history. Rank your top 10 or so:

Ken Dorsey

Luke McCown

Mark Rypien

Dave Mays

Todd Philcox

Eric Zeier

George Ratterman

Tommy O'Connell

Doug Pederson

Mike Tomczak

Gary Danielson

Jeff Garcia

Mike Pagel

Trent Dilfer

Brady Quinn

Jim Ninowski

Kelly Holcomb

Charlie Frye

Paul McDonald

Vinny Testaverde

Milt Plum

Derek Andersen

Bill Nelsen

Mike Phipps

Tim Couch

Frank Ryan

Otto Graham

Bernie Kosar

Brian Sipe.

The Greatest

1. Graham

The Very Good

2. Kosar

3. Sipe

4. Ryan

The Good

5. Nelson

6. Plum

7. Testeverde

The Passable

8. Couch

9. Anderson

10. O'Connell

Zombo

To help you out with the above, consider these statistics:

Browns QB with best QB rating?: George Ratterman

Browns QB with the best completion %: Kelly Holcomb

Browns QB with the best TD %: Frank Ryan

Browns QB with the lowest interception %: Mark Rypien

Browns QB with the best yards per reception avg.: Tommy O'Connell

Browns QB with the highest yards per game avg: Trent Dilfer

Browns QB with the highest adjusted net yards per attempt: Mike Tomczak.

Not who you might have thought? Consider these:

Highest winning pct: Otto Graham no surprise (2d: Frank Ryan)

Lowest winning pct: Ken Dorsey and Luke McCown: .000

Most career yards: Brian Sipe (by a mere 129 yards over Bernie Kosar)

Most career TDs: Otto Graham

Most career Ints: Brian Sipe

Most career attempts and completions: Brian Sipe

Most career sacks: Bernie Kosar

Browns didn't play the Chiefs in '07 bubba.

And the best Browns QB of all time was CHARLIE FRYE.

Charlie had a 64% completion percentage!...DAMN! That's pretty much unstoppable offense right there.

Oops I meant the Cardinals who not the Cheifs. And the Cardinals were nowhere close to making the playoffs. Anyways what is DA's excuse for completing 44% of his passes last year. I don't think there's a QB in the league who would suck that bad.

Oops I meant the Cardinals who not the Cheifs. And the Cardinals were nowhere close to making the playoffs. Anyways what is DA's excuse for completing 44% of his passes last year. I don't think there's a QB in the league who would suck that bad.

His excuse? HIS TEAM SUCKED AND HE PLAYED NOT TO GET HURT. Smart guy, anyone with a brain would do that. Or did you expect him to put his body on the line like he did last week?

And to answer your question...

Yes, there are 3 QB's that will suck worse: Jake Delome, Seneca Wallace, Colt McCoy. And next year you can add Locker to that list after Browns draft him.

It's sad to see that Browns are becoming "QB Detroit Lions". May be QB is not the main issue?

Since Anderson is no longer our Quarterback, maybe we could discuss something pertaining to the Browns?

This thread could last all season and well into summer if the Browns don't win 7/8 games. Hopefully the team will get a winning stretch going and put this thread to bed.

His excuse? HIS TEAM SUCKED AND HE PLAYED NOT TO GET HURT. Smart guy, anyone with a brain would do that. Or did you expect him to put his body on the line like he did last week?

And to answer your question...

Yes, there are 3 QB's that will suck worse: Jake Delome, Seneca Wallace, Colt McCoy. And next year you can add Locker to that list after Browns draft him.

It's sad to see that Browns are becoming "QB Detroit Lions". May be QB is not the main issue?

You're an idiot like most DA fans. Delhome may be old and rusty but he has proven himself in this league and has never completed only 44% of his passes. And it's nice to know that you admitted that DA is a quitter. The guy sucks. Stop fooling yourselves. I'm glad he is gone. There is no way the Browns would ever win with him.

And I forgot to add DA's 3 TD and 10 INT. Even crappy Quinn posted better numbers with the same crappy team. DA sucks. He will suffer against good teams. The Browns are so much better without him. Seneca Wallace is even better than DA. Don't worry the Browns will be just fine this year since we don't have quitters like DA on our team.

And I forgot to add DA's 3 TD and 10 INT. Even crappy Quinn posted better numbers with the same crappy team. DA sucks. He will suffer against good teams. The Browns are so much better without him. Seneca Wallace is even better than DA. Don't worry the Browns will be just fine this year since we don't have quitters like DA on our team.

I know! 0-1 is better than 1-0 in Cleveland. Just like 10-6 is worse than 4-12. What an unhappy person you are. Sad.

You know what sounds good....Oklahoma City Browns. I give Lerner 3-4 years before he bails.

I know! 0-1 is better than 1-0 in Cleveland. Just like 10-6 is worse than 4-12. What an unhappy person you are. Sad.

You know what sounds good....Oklahoma City Browns. I give Lerner 3-4 years before he bails.

That won't happen, but if it did Lerner wouldn't want to go to OK City, he would want them to become The London Chocolates

(a famous brand of chocolate...play on the word brown vs. chocolate. Get it? nevermind)

He would want to Browns to go play there so they could become the first international team and be close to his other futbol team.

I guess we should ask: Would that make Howie and Kamac happy?

And I forgot to add DA's 3 TD and 10 INT. Even crappy Quinn posted better numbers with the same crappy team.

In essence, Quinn didn't have the same crappy team to play with as DA. Quinn started the season with the receivers he practiced with all preseason playing the positions they had all preseason. DA came in and after 1 game the team blew up the lineup and positioning. New receivers at every position, on 2-3 days of practice. I believe there were changes on the Oline made at the same time, could be wrong on that though. DA was left to work out the kinks with the new lineup, then Quinn comes back in after they've been together for 4 games and a bye week. DA did play with pretty much the same team as Quinn those last two games, but then again, they were wins and his INT numbers were more under control.

That won't happen, but if it did Lerner wouldn't want to go to OK City, he would want them to become The London Chocolates

(a famous brand of chocolate...play on the word brown vs. chocolate. Get it? nevermind)

He would want to Browns to go play there so they could become the first international team and be close to his other futbol team.

I guess we should ask: Would that make Howie and Kamac happy?

Now that's funny right there!

Did you guys actually watch DA? He pulled it together a bit at the end but he was beyond horrid for the better part of that game.

You are correct, he was bad for much of the game.

Derek Anderson had one good season. Even then, the best quarterbacks complete more than 56% of their passes and thats all he could manage then. Although I love the Browns, I do have to admit that he was viewed as better than he actually was just because the Browns had such horrible quaterback play before that year (and since).

He has a great arm and makes horrible decisions.

We've already been down that road once before, and I can tell you that mistake of allowing the Browns to relocate WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!

I guess I'm really tired of all the excuse making mediocrity accepting fans here who know nothing about football. Who in their right mind would wish that DA was still here. The excuses people make for his abysmal performance are laughable. Let's hope we can eventually find a QB who is actually good and can post a QB rating above 90 and actually take us to the playoffs. DA was not the answer and never will be. He will be out of the league soon. Let's look for someone who is the answer rather than reminiscing about guys who sucked.

He was so great in 2007 that he kept us out if the playoffs by losing to a Bengals team that was out of the hunt. All those ints killed us.

Closest any other QB got the Browns aside from the Holcomb, Slouch playoff year. So all you anti-Anderson fans weren't happy with 10-6? Obviously not because you all screamed for Brady the next year.

Steve Young was a cast off from TB because they said he couldn't make it in the NFL. The Falcons traded Favre.

DA is horrible no matter what offense he's in, no matter what team he's playing for, no matter who his receivers are.

I'm glad he's not a Brown, his competition never matters, and most importantly for this thread: Let the past be past.

DA fans, go cry on an Arizona forum - he's your problem now.

Closest any other QB got the Browns aside from the Holcomb, Slouch playoff year. So all you anti-Anderson fans weren't happy with 10-6? Obviously not because you all screamed for Brady the next year.

Steve Young was a cast off from TB because they said he couldn't make it in the NFL. The Falcons traded Favre.

DA has been cut twice by teams with no good QB's on their roster. He wasn't very good in college either. He sucks. Period.

Archived