THE BROWNS BOARD

PSA

pizzadeliveryguy

And Harrison would have fumbled the ball just like Hillis did. I don't understand why people are so quick to blame him for fumbling, yet are reluctant to give credit to the guy who caused the fumble. It's not like he just dropped the ball, Tampa Bay had players putting their hat on the ball. Nobody would have held onto that ball, Harrison included.

And the fumble certainly didn't cost us the game. No one play determines a game. Once again, hindsight is 20/20. If Harrison isn't getting carries, even though he's this supposed God you claim he is, there must be another reason.

I hate supposed fans who put players before the team. They're called homers, and they're all douchebags.

Your a idiot because you don't make sense. There's no excuse for fumbling twice in a game. I don't think Hillis would be making excuses for it either. And you were probably one of the people yelling about Harrison's supposed fumbling problem in the preseason. And i don't put players before the team. all I'm saying is that we should play our best guy. Harrison has proven already that he is the best player. Give him his carries and we will stand a better chance of winning. 3 wins in a row last year against Buc caliber teams despite no passing game proves my point.

Harrison DID have a fumble problem in preseason.

Harrison put up some absolutely awesome numbers the oast four games of last season -- not the least of which was approximately 30 carries per game. And you want him to carry the ball that much for at least 18 games? Ver unrealistic!

I don't understand your hatred for Hillis. He fumbled twice in a game. He manned up and took the heat for those fumbles. What else do you want him to do? Come apologize to you personally? You are acting like he fumbled just to ruin your day. I promise, he did not seek you out personally.

While you are worshipping at the shrine of Jerome, how will YOU respond if Harrison were revisited by the fufmble bug? Are you going to throw him under the bus? They are both on the team. Why do you have to hate one and worship the other?

Your a idiot because you don't make sense. There's no excuse for fumbling twice in a game. I don't think Hillis would be making excuses for it either. And you were probably one of the people yelling about Harrison's supposed fumbling problem in the preseason. And i don't put players before the team. all I'm saying is that we should play our best guy. Harrison has proven already that he is the best player. Give him his carries and we will stand a better chance of winning. 3 wins in a row last year against Buc caliber teams despite no passing game proves my point.

Look, Holmgren and Heckert aren't armchair quarterbacks. If they were so confident Harrison was "THE MAN" what's your explanation for them trading up to get Hardesty, or even bothering to bring in Hillis in the first place? They're idiots too, and you're not?

As to fumbling twice in a game- you can do that if your name is Adrian Peterson. And regards to Hillis' fumbles- I have to agree with the other posters- one couldn't clearly be seen- but the second was a direct result of a helmet right on the ball. not Hillis, not Harrison, not anyone can maintain ball control when that happens.

Sure, Harrison had some great games last year. That was last year. If you want to extrapolate if we had fed him the ball 30 times against the Bucs and give him 180 yards, fine. I can as easily say his 30 carries would net 80 yards- if I use your Chris Johnson logic of the one big run. 2.6 won't win you many games.

Harrison DID have a fumble problem in preseason.

Harrison put up some absolutely awesome numbers the oast four games of last season -- not the least of which was approximately 30 carries per game. And you want him to carry the ball that much for at least 18 games? Ver unrealistic!

I don't understand your hatred for Hillis. He fumbled twice in a game. He manned up and took the heat for those fumbles. What else do you want him to do? Come apologize to you personally? You are acting like he fumbled just to ruin your day. I promise, he did not seek you out personally.

While you are worshipping at the shrine of Jerome, how will YOU respond if Harrison were revisited by the fufmble bug? Are you going to throw him under the bus? They are both on the team. Why do you have to hate one and worship the other?

Hey Retard. Harrison fumbled had only 2 fumbles last year. Preseason means nothing. He has only fumbled 3 times in his careers. He is our best option at RB and should be getting most of the carries.

Look, Holmgren and Heckert aren't armchair quarterbacks. If they were so confident Harrison was "THE MAN" what's your explanation for them trading up to get Hardesty, or even bothering to bring in Hillis in the first place? They're idiots too, and you're not?

As to fumbling twice in a game- you can do that if your name is Adrian Peterson. And regards to Hillis' fumbles- I have to agree with the other posters- one couldn't clearly be seen- but the second was a direct result of a helmet right on the ball. not Hillis, not Harrison, not anyone can maintain ball control when that happens.

Sure, Harrison had some great games last year. That was last year. If you want to extrapolate if we had fed him the ball 30 times against the Bucs and give him 180 yards, fine. I can as easily say his 30 carries would net 80 yards- if I use your Chris Johnson logic of the one big run. 2.6 won't win you many games.

Trading draft picks to get a guy with a storied injury history in college was stupid. Especially since Hardesty was not some sort of Heisman candidate. Maybe the pick will pay off. But overall I don't feel he was worth the risk.

There's no point trying to argue with the homer, Hawg.

They don't see reason when it's staring them right in the face. Quote stats all you want, but you can bet that Holmgren and Co. puts the best player on the field every game.

Here's a ridiculous stat you can start throwing in people's faces, since Harrison is your God.

The Cleveland Browns are 2-0 in games where Harrison has had a touchdown run of at least 71 yards.

The one aspect of giving Harrision more touches would be the fact he's one of the few actual play-makers on our team. Ultimately though, the coaching staff felt in this game, Hillis was the better choice to run between the tackles. On one angle, i like this approach as we are moving away from a "we are going to do it this way just to do it this way" approach, on another hand, there seems to be perhaps a bit of overthinking element to it all. (which i think Mangini tends to do)

To me, i say you play your weapons. I want more Cribs, more Harrision and anyone else you think can make plays for your team. If other guys prove they can break off big plays, get them on the field. Perhaps over-simplified but i still think it is a truth. Hillis, to his credit, showed some skills and i was impressed. The fumbles took away from the performance but as a fan, i'm glad to have him as a Brown. Lastly, i've got to agree to those who say Mangini has a bit of a bug up his butt about Jerome. Just seems like he isn't going to go out of his way to make sure he gets on the field to me. (plus all the praise Monterio was getting -rightfully so- and very few pos-mens for Harrision) I have a feeling Jerome Harrison isn't in Coach Mangini or Holgrem or Heckerts plans , longterm-wise.

I think I need to be clear that I love Hillis. He is one of the hardest runners I have ever seen. I am glad he is on our team. I just believe that Harrison has done more to show that he deserves the bulk of the carries, at least 20 a game. This will definitely help our team win.

I can agree with some of that. Harrison has done a great deal for this team. He's proven he needs to be utilized more. And I think he will be. But when he isn't drawn up in the gameplan, I think it's for good reason.

And one of those runs was a 40 yard run. Take that run out, and he's got 8 carries for 12 yards. He got stuffed the entire day, except for one lucky run he broke.

Reading through this pissing contest, I stumbled upon this little gem... then I saw 3 people that thanked him for the comment. :lol:

How exactly does one get lucky on a forty yard run? Did the entire D Line walk over to the sidelines for a water break on the play? Did the sprinkler heads suddenly turn on and only the defensive players tripped on them while harrison ran by? Maybe the sun was at such an angle that the defense couldn't see anything for just that one play...

You're "injury-prone" if you.. get injured. Hardesty didn't re-injure the same part of his body like Kris Jenkins, he just had the bad luck of having a D-lineman roll up his leg. It happens. The last time Hardesty was injured was 3 years ago.. over 600 runs into the line ago.

There's nothing he can "do" other than work out and be ready for next year. If there was something he could do, he would have done it already. Hardesty beat out Arian Foster at UT - he IS a good football player.

There is no "trend" with Hardesty's injuries.

Reading through this pissing contest, I stumbled upon this little gem... then I saw 3 people that thanked him for the comment. :lol:

How exactly does one get lucky on a forty yard run? Did the entire D Line walk over to the sidelines for a water break on the play? Did the sprinkler heads suddenly turn on and only the defensive players tripped on them while harrison ran by? Maybe the sun was at such an angle that the defense couldn't see anything for just that one play...

No, he got lucky that he wasn't stuffed at the line.... like he was on basically every other carry. He's lucky his offensive linemen decided to block for him. He's lucky that Joe Thomas came over and blindsided the mike linebacker, or he would have been stopped after 5 yards. He's lucky that Robo made a huge block on the corner, knocking him to the ground, and then another equally important block on the safety. That's why he's lucky.

A RB is always lucky when he break open a big run. Any RB, any time. Most of the time, it's attributed to luck rather than skill. Excluding, of course, AP's run against us last year. That was skill.

No, he got lucky that he wasn't stuffed at the line.... like he was on basically every other carry. He's lucky his offensive linemen decided to block for him. He's lucky that Joe Thomas came over and blindsided the mike linebacker, or he would have been stopped after 5 yards. He's lucky that Robo made a huge block on the corner, knocking him to the ground, and then another equally important block on the safety. That's why he's lucky.

A RB is always lucky when he break open a big run. Any RB, any time. Most of the time, it's attributed to luck rather than skill. Excluding, of course, AP's run against us last year. That was skill.

Then why are we even debating who is the running back? The Browns might as well just sign me since I would play for a lot less money and since it requires no skill.

So..... He is lucky that an NFL offensive lineman blocked somebody on a play? He's lucky that the 10 other guys on the NFL team he plays on did what they were suppose to do on a run play :lol:

Your reaching dude.

P.S.- I'm sure glad that Robo can block, cause he ain't doing much else.

Then why are we even debating who is the running back? The Browns might as well just sign me since I would play for a lot less money and since it requires no skill.

I wouldn't go that far but RB is the most overrated position as far as talent goes. If you have a line, any decent RB will succeed.

Archived