THE BROWNS BOARD

Room for improvement.

Mr. T

1. True No.1 target at receiver

2. Corner

3. Defensive end

I have held out hope that given the chance Robiskie would come around, but on a day when we needed him to step up he continued to be the invisible man. He cannot get open. Between him and Veikune, talk about two blown second rounders

1. WR AJ Green pretty please.

2. WR

3. FS

4. RT

5. OLB

6. CB

Bring back Brandon McDonald?

I have held out hope that given the chance Robiskie would come around, but on a day when we needed him to step up he continued to be the invisible man. He cannot get open. Between him and Veikune, talk about two blown second rounders

When Robo made his catch in the 4th quarter he rolled up into a ball expecting to get hit instead of trying to make a play. He looks like he is scared to be out on the field.

Who could we get for wright? And then we'd have 2

Corners on the roster.

We have Hayden and Brown. We have Adams to spell them. Then we could bring up Deangelo Smith to develope, how much worse could it be with him compared to Wright. If we could trade him for a decent WR it would be great. He has given up like 7 tds this year. This is his contract year I think so we could just get something out of him. Im not saying its going to happen but dont be surprised if tomorrow by 4pm, Wright is not on our team. It could be him for a pick or a player.

I can recall Wright shutting down other teams # 1 reciever in years past. Ocho Cinco really comes to mind as being a non factor with Wright covering him. I have no idea what has happened but he seems to be out there running around in circles. It's been mentioned before, and I too am wondering why we don't line Moore up as a wr. He seems to be able to get open deeper than our regular wide outs. I would think with his height that would some what make up for a lack of track star speed.

Mangini made some really stupid moves today like making the Steelers punt three times in a row where there really wasn't much to be gained.

I disagree. First, the snap or punt could be botched. Second, I think having them rekick is worth it because if either of those two things happens or the ball goes into the end zone then your ROOKIE QB doesn't have to start backed up to his own goal line. I know why he was doing it and I don't have a problem with it. Stuckey's job is to catch that ball.

The only reason not to keep doing it is that Stuckey looked downright scary trying to catch the punts. Although at the time, I agreed with making them rekick..

I think he was back pedaling on every punt he recieved.Really scary. I too thought it was the right call.

What phase of the game or what position do you see that we need to get better athletes/football players?

IMO: WR's should be number one along with a solid RT

Our LB's are awful. Did Roth miss the bus? Did he play?

Our WR's cannot get any separation.

Our DL is a joke. They play hard but lack NFL talent.

Our secondary is soft and slow.

We lack depth at RB. There is no threat after Hillis.

We have problems at QB. Who do we have after our rookie?

i like our long snapper, placekicker, and punter. We're in good shape at those three positions.

Relax guys,

this team is headed in the right direction. I never believed we were headed there under Phil Sewage and Fatso Crennel.

Our weakness is that we have little talent in positions that touch the ball a lot.

Precisely. Need playmakers at WR, another fast cover-guy safety....

i like our long snapper, placekicker, and punter. We're in good shape at those three positions.

This is all WAY to critical. The LB's are not aweful, but solid, smart although unspectacular

The WR are decent, but we need a TRUE #1 and Robiskie needs a kick in the a**

The DL is solid, again unspectacular

Secondary is young, Hayden and Ward, Brown is slow, but better than Mcdonald, Elam needs to be repalced through the draft

RB is fine, for what they are trying to do

If Colt is the future starter, then I'm fine with Seneca as a solid back-up

First, we are definitely improved & heading in the right direction.

1) WR..Our young guys need to develop, but we need veteran WR help NOW.

Colt was sacked or forced to run too often due to no one getting open.

2) Corner..Start Haden. Wright & Brown are getting KILLED on deep patterns.

3) Safety..another to compliment Ward

4) Speed on the DL & LB to help Benard on the pass rush. Turn the pressures into sacks.

We've come a long way, but obviously still have needs. The best thing is that we have made significant gains in EVERY area (except WR) & simply need to "upgrade" rather than "retool".

Wright concerns me. With him, I think something is bothering him. Recently he just isn't INTO the game. I really feel that he & Haden can be as good or better than Dixon/Minnifield if Wright gets his head on straight. We'll see.

Mike

It's been mentioned before, and I too am wondering why we don't line Moore up as a wr. He seems to be able to get open deeper than our regular wide outs. I would think with his height that would some what make up for a lack of track star speed.

a tall cb would absolutely blanket him. he is MUCH more effective against LB's and avg safeties.

all my pix for improvement have been mentioned multiple times already...except SS. they gotta upgrade there asap fo sho.

If you watch the Jets, they bring the house frequently and the difference is that their corners are right on the receivers so even if the ball gets thrown...they're in position.

As far as the draft goes, I would suggest that they need a WR to take the top off of the defense (speed). Either MoMass or Robiskie should develop. Beyond that I would look for an ILB with speed to replace Barton. I think they can win with the defensive line that they have. The LB corps is better this year with Roth and Fujita being very good but Barton is SLOOOOOW.

I think that when Lauvao comes back, we'll see a better right side of the line. Pashos is serviceable.

Our WR's cannot get any separation. TRUE

Special Teams is 1/3 of the game, any good coach knows that. Look what happened to Ohio State and their fall from #1 after one short week. They have been beaten on special teams consistently all year, and when they came acroosed a good team it was their weakest link that killed them.

Our secondary needs to have practice on the fundamentals of tackling. They are not going to road block down some of these much bigger receivers.

The only reason not to keep doing it is that Stuckey looked downright scary trying to catch the punts. Although at the time, I agreed with making them rekick..

How many times have you ever seen a punt returner with his hands in the air over his head trying to catch a punt? This is not a pass coming from the QB, you have to make yourself like a basket and secure the ball. Has Stucky ever been a punt returner in all of his days of playing football? You would think the ST coach would know this stuff and make sure his backups have had enough reps and proper coaching for days like today.

How many times have you ever seen a punt returner with his hands in the air over his head trying to catch a punt? This is not a pass coming from the QB, you have to make yourself like a basket and secure the ball. Has Stucky ever been a punt returner in all of his days of playing football? You would think the ST coach would know this stuff and make sure his backups have had enough reps and proper coaching for days like today.

I noticed the exact same thing. I was cringing every time Stuckey was back there. Some people were wondering why Mangini elected to go to halftime instead of making Pitt punt again.. Well I was happy with the call because stuckey back there makes my nervous. This is why Cribbs is still a huge part of this team. Maybe this concussion will light a fire in him and he will come back with something to prove..

I think our group of TE's is the most solid position that we have.

Archived