THE BROWNS BOARD

Biggest position of need for the Browns?

allnfldraft

Defensive backs?

Maybe quarterback? I think Colt showed some promise and upside during the game today, so it will obviously be bobbled on the hands of Colt McCoy and how he improves (hopefully) over the course of the season. If McCoy flops on the year I think a guy like Ryan Mallet would really bring the Browns back.

But, if McCoy does well this year, I think the Browns could pick up a guy like Pat Peterson or Amukamara.

Thoughts? Visit My Website

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need someone who resembles a wide receiver. We have none on this team aside from Stuckey. Nobody to spread the field or get downfield. Robiskie is a lost cause. MoMass is a #2 at best, but could be serviceable if we find a #1. If McCoy plays like he did today in future games, I will be more than pleased with that. After we go WR, I think we could use another DB. Sure. Wright burnt yet again. Sheldon Brown isnt exactly lighting it up anymore.

In your mock draft you think we should draft Andrew Luck out of Stanford. I know that was made before the game today. I don't think we need a QB.

If we could get Green or Peterson I would be happy with that

Yeah, made before today so a little premature to have not seen McCoy.

I'm really surprised on how he played all things considered in that game. A top wideout or a top DB could really help if McCoy plays well throughout the year

I have never seen an NFL team so depleted at the WR position, how any of you can even mention another position is beyond me. We don't need 'a' WR, we need an entire WR fleet.

Sure, Wright needs replaced ... ummm, by Haden.

AJ Green would be a great choice. Dont forget about Baldwin from Pitt, as well. I hate Pitt but that kid is a player.

Not a Pitt fan myself either. It's just, I think Baldwin is just a little too big to be a primary #1 like Green. He's got an inch or two and and maybe 15-20 pounds on him?

Alshon Jeffery of South Carolina is a good prospect to watch and Greg Childs of Arkansas is another. I flipped through channels watching both simutaneously yesterday and would take either right now in place of every WR we have on our roster (combined).

Alshon Jeffery of South Carolina is a good prospect to watch and Greg Childs of Arkansas is another. I flipped through channels watching both simutaneously yesterday and would take either right now in place of every WR we have on our roster (combined).

Yeah I like Childs. I think he is a little bit underrated but he has been a real staple in that offense

Alshon is a sophomore I think, he won't come out.

I think childs is a junior or senior not sure. He might come out.

Childs please. ;)

Robo plays like he wants to stay very healthy until he's a FA and can sign with his Dad's team. I don't get it - he has no fire.

i really didn't understand why we drafted him to begin with. never considered him that good as a buckeye (IMO). i liked the momass draft but he hasn't progressed as expected. WR is a must pick in next year's draft, but when we pick him is my question. would it be our first pick and go after the number one prospect or do a mangini and trade down for more picks.

even if mccoy pans out do you pass on one of these guys that everyone says is the next manning or rivers?

we still have so many positional needs that i feel we'll be having this same discussion at the same time next year.

even if mccoy pans out do you pass on one of these guys that everyone says is the next manning or rivers?

Yep, you pass on them. We hear this nearly every year and only a couple pan out to be decent. After seeing McCoy today, I'll take my chances with him.

I think the BIGGEST need for this team is WR without question. Mo Mass is #2 at best right now. We need a guy that can demand double coverage, which can create opportunities to throw to the other WRs. We don't have that homerun hitter on our roster right now. I still don't understand where in the Hell the Browns were in the offseason when Marshall, and Boldin were available? Also, why not Vincent Jackson, or even Housch??? Look, I realize we're trying to build a team with smarts, and good character guys, and that's fine, however; we need that big WR.

Secondly, we need another corner to compliment Haden. Eric Wright is a bum, and needs to be off of this football team! This guy does nothing but give up the big play every time.

I say, take care of these 2 positions, and you will see MAJOR improvement! I will say this, despite our record, there is a difference from last year. This team is playing hard, and has been in position to win, whereas last year, we were usually out of the game before halftime. I liked what I saw from McCoy yesterday. It appears that we are not going anywhere this year, so let's let him develop, and who knows, maybe we limp to 6-10, and 7-9 and at least it will be exciting to watch this kid grow. That is what I'm looking forward to the rest of this season. If there is something positive to focus on Browns fans, this has to be it. Let's let this QB carousel in this town finally be put to rest! I have a good feeling about this kid.

Yep, you pass on them. We hear this nearly every year and only a couple pan out to be decent. After seeing McCoy today, I'll take my chances with him.

For every Manning, a Leaf, Couch, Russell, etc.

It is difficult to determine how a player will take to playing the new game of the NFL...

I hope Browns' scouts do their job and pick either a savior QB, elite WR, or shut-down corner. (Not sure on QB, Green for WR and Peterson for CB)

Defensive backs?

Maybe quarterback? I think Colt showed some promise and upside during the game today, so it will obviously be bobbled on the hands of Colt McCoy and how he improves (hopefully) over the course of the season. If McCoy flops on the year I think a guy like Ryan Mallet would really bring the Browns back.

But, if McCoy does well this year, I think the Browns could pick up a guy like Pat Peterson or Amukamara.

WR and its not close. Our starters are the worst in the league and its not close. IMO we need to sign a big time veteran WR if possible. This crew needs some leadership. Rookie recievers arent going to be the answer. Start McCoy the rest of the way.

Hell Id start Moore out there over Robiskie!!

WR and its not close. Our starters are the worst in the league and its not close. IMO we need to sign a big time veteran WR if possible. This crew needs some leadership. Rookie recievers arent going to be the answer. Start McCoy the rest of the way.

Hell Id start Moore out there over Robiskie!!

Moore is the best we have at getting separation.

The biggest problem I have with starting Colt is he will take WAY too much of a beating (coverage sacks & runs) than he would with a productive WR unit. We need to get this young craftsman some tools.

Mike

I have never seen an NFL team so depleted at the WR position, how any of you can even mention another position is beyond me. We don't need 'a' WR, we need an entire WR fleet.

Sure, Wright needs replaced ... ummm, by Haden.

Right. Wright needs to cover the other team's 3rd WR in those multiple sets. Or maybe he can keep up with a TE or a RB, but he is having a great deal of difficulty with any receiver of medium competence. Odd because last year he was our best Corner.

And maybe this question should be asked: Should we have traded Braylon Edwards? Yes, he is a punk, but I think a lot of that perhaps came from immaturity (and because he was from Michigan......just kidding there). It is possible that he may have eventually matured.

All that being said, I think we need a monster pass rusher. We just don't have one. Our DBs would probably improve if we had someone that could get to the QB.

Sure, we need a WR, and another DB and a LB and maybe even a Right Tackle, but we definitely need that pass rush.

Defensive backs?

anyone who touches the ball besides Colt McCoy

Archived