THE BROWNS BOARD

cbs reporting could be mangina's last week

WRREBEL

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank god. I think most of the browns fans who defended him enjoy being losers.

The guy sucks, daboll sucks....we have one win aany other coach would have us at 3 and 2.

If you still defend mangina then u must be a closet pitt fan

This would make absolutely no sense with the Jets coming up after the bye. They're guessing. I think you're wrong about Mangini.

The guy sucks, daboll sucks....we have one win aany other coach would have us at 3 and 2.

No the guy needs more time to turn stuff around. I think our season is over anyhow we should let him finish it and see what happens

Well, I believe he is forming a real team...............and firing him would be about the worst thing we could do the next few weeks

I would welcome the news but there is likely absolutely no truth to it, its to bold a move for this organization to even consider and randy would probably puke all over himself at the very thought of the media attention it would draw...unless of course mangini opted out because he was told to dump dabs...

And i believe mangini would throw his own mom under the bus to keep coaching in cleveland let alone dabs..

It baffles me that the Browns finally have someone that is building a team from the inside out for once and has them competitive in most games after a year and a half of rebuilding from utter crap and some fans want him gone. But what the hell, let's tear it all down and start all over again. Do you not see a pattern here?

Do me a favor and google mangini worst coach ever, you will find sports iliiustrated articles, to yahoo answwers. I stopped reading after the first 15. These arent blogs but sportss writers, take ur head out of ur asses.

Nice ... now Google Mangin best coach ever and give us a hollar back when your done reading these same (sports Illustrated, yahoo, etc...) sites.

Actually this play on words is fun, I typed in 'WRREBEL worst poster ever' and this site was listed twice in the top-5.

Type in 'Atenears is the Greatest Browns fan ever' and this site placed #1,2,&3, followed by a Steeler site then anchored by other Browns sites ... it must be true!

OH MY! try typing in, 'WRREBEL Douche' this site comes up as the only result...

It baffles me that the Browns finally have someone that is building a team from the inside out for once and has them competitive in most games after a year and a half of rebuilding from utter crap and some fans want him gone. But what the hell, let's tear it all down and start all over again. Do you not see a pattern here?

What some call competitive i call ridiculous we should be at the very least 3-3 right now...

But fear not its highly unlikely the gini is going anywhere soon...it would be to efficient for this organization to actually correct a serious error in a timely fashion..

And its heckert thats rebuilding the team from scratch, mangini dealt all our talent to the jets on his clock who are 5-1 in trade for the jets mediocre leftovers, mangini couldnt rebuild his uncreative offensive strangling image let alone a whole team...

Anyone is better than him.

I'm supriseed browns fans aren't calling for the hiring of rich kotite.

Do the math fellows, he was almost fired last year. It doesn't take a rocket science to say he hasn't done what it takes. He is all but assuured to be fired. How dumb would heckert and holgrem look to keep him after another less than 6 win season? They keep him and he fails then heckert and holgrem look like fools. They bring in there new coach there own coach, it makes so much sense. Why can't you people see the writing on the wall?

Funny I googled stans mom and came up with some great sites, thanks for the idea!

I bet mangina is gone after week 9. What has be done in the nfl? Why are you people on his jock strap.

Who's the fool, the fooll or the fool who follows him.

WRREBEL and Gips for 1000 alex

How dense do you have to be to not see the progress thats been made? This team was a train wreck with pansy prima donnas posing as football players. Mangini came in and got all that he could for those asshats. I remember reading article's about how the giants wanted nothing to do with Braylon. What Mangini did in that situation was remove a locker room cancer and replace it with character and culture. Culture is how you win in this league just ask Belichick and Parcells.

1) For the braylon trade we got Chansi Stuckey and Jason Trusnick . Thats not bad at all for the whiny self absorbed dbag.

2)for the draft day trade The Browns received the 17th pick, the 57th pick, and 3 players:

QB Brett Ratliff

DB Abram Elam

DE Kenyon Coleman

Ratliff is a backup

Abe Elam is a stopgap, and Coleman has been a good lineman for us.

We also ended up with the best center prospect in years. And guess what that center is panning out he and Joe thomas are going to anchor that line for years to come. Im willing to bet Mack will still be a force even after sanchez loses any effectiveness he might have.

Oh and by the way Mangini built that Jets team save for sanchez, but that was easy when everything else was set.

How so? Edwards, Holmes, LT, Greene, Scott, Leonhard, Cromartie weren't there. He gave them a damn good CB in Revis and a couple of good lineman. He also drafted Kellen Clemens who is terrible. Gholston too

How many blow ups and rebuilds do we need?

Because if we keep calling for coach's heads after one year; that's exactly what's going to happen to this team.

The stains franchise is a career killer for coaches and players alike.

"Escape from dirty, dirty Cleveland".

Getting fired would be the best career move for mangina to date.

Regards...

... an'at

The guy has coached what, about 20 games total for the Browns? Even three full seasons is not enough to turn a team around. Gawd, I hope we don't start to see the old "Cowher sighted in Berea" threads again. If you keep perpetually tearing down and rebuilding you never get there.

Now, McCoy showed poise and maturity in the Steelers game, and put up impressive numbers against a good defense. He has potential, so if Mangini somehow messes up his development, THEN fire him.

First off, as a Browns season ticket holder, I'm not a closet Steeler fan.

Hey, short attention span- any other coach? Want to bring back Crennell or Davis since you think Mangini sucks so bad? I'm sure Cowher or Gruden will quit their cush TV jobs right on the spot to take over the Browns mid-season- dream on.

You know what sucks? Pick sixes to the other team- I suppose Mangini threw them. That's two wins right there. You can't blow the coaching staff up every two years because the record doesn't reflect effort- or talent for that matter. The Steelers have had fewer coaches in the last 40 years than we've had in the last 10. And speaking of- Chuck Noll was 6-22 his first two years with the Steelers- I suppose by your win now logic, Rooney should have canned him for lack of results. I'll allow you to start bitching when the Browns have amassed talent to the level of the Cowboys- who incidentally have exactly as many wins as the Browns- and blame it on bad coaching. If any HC is gonna get canned soon, bet the ranch on Wade Phillips walking the plank first.

You heard me right- you need at least competitive talent before you're going to win consistently in the NFL. Fer instance the Browns were down by only 4 at halftime to the Steelers on the road with a rookie qb making his first start. How many Browns defensive players could start for the Steelers? I'll give you TJ Ward and maybe Hayden, and listen while the crickets chirp until you can come up with three others.

Holmgren, Heckert, and Mangini have IMHO done a terrific job of upgrading the talent level of the Browns- but there's still a long way to go. They got Hillis and a 5th round pick for a guy who's Denver's third string qb. BTW, Hillis has more receptions than either the departed clubhouse cancers Kellen Winslow or Braylon Edwards have. There's posters on this board that wanted to give DA yet anther chance- and he's riding pine in Arizona too.

So chill out and give the Man-gini a chance- he's got until the end of the year, whether you like it or not.

Do me a favor and google mangini worst coach ever, you will find sports iliiustrated articles, to yahoo answwers. I stopped reading after the first 15. These arent blogs but sportss writers, take ur head out of ur asses.

You and GIPS are not real fans. I think your both trolls. Google Mangini? Grow up. Let Holmgren decide what is best. What is your problem?

The problem is some people don't have a clue.

I support Mangini and consider myself a pretty strong and loyal Browns fan. I will make 6 games this year, and am tinkering with the idea of going ahead and making the Thanksgiving weekend game to make it 7 games....can't do Christmas weekend and have already given those tickets to a friend.

mangini is doing the best with the talent that he has available. you can tell a huge difference between the 09 and 10 teams. we might not be winning, but we are staying in games. we haven't given up 30 points in a single game all year. we gave up 30 pts in the first 3 games last year. this team is obviously going in the right direction. we had a couple of decent free agent pickups last year with fujita and watson and if mccoy shows more promise this year, there is a chance that we can attract even greater talent. i don't like to point fingers at the coaching staff of this team, but if anybody deserves to be flamed, it's ryan because his overconfidence in our secondary is leading to too many big plays and TDs. but i'm not going to go after ryan either because he obviously believes in his players and he has developed/is developing marcus benard. i'm done going after daboll. he makes some bonehead calls occasionally, but he's doing better. the package of plays that he put together for colt last weekend was great. it shows that daboll's offense can be executed properly with a decent QB. just think if we actually had some play making receivers.

the bottom line is that the media, for some reason, has an axe to grind with both mangini and cleveland. people have been calling for mangini's head since he came to cleveland. jamie duke's is like the Gips of the NFL network because anytime that the browns are mentioned, he goes on about how mangini is a terrible coach, etc. people need to realize two things: 1.) the media, for the most part, wants mangini and cleveland to fail and 2.) if the people in the media actually knew anything about the sport, they would be in the front office of a team instead on a screen or in-print.

Archived