THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Add WR Demetrius Williams

TheClevelandSound

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id...etrius-williams

The Cleveland Browns added a receiver who should be very familiar to AFC North fans.

Cleveland announced Tuesday that it signed former Baltimore Ravens receiver Demetrius Williams. The team also claimed running back Thomas Clayton off the New England Patriots' practice squad and released James Davis and Yamon Figurs.

Williams played for the Ravens from 2006-09 and was cut earlier this year. He showed flashes of talent in Baltimore but had problems staying healthy. But Williams may have a shot to stick in Cleveland, because receiver is one of the team's biggest needs.

NOTE: This is actually a huge move for us. He had one of the best college careers of any receiver and showed good things in Baltimore, but injuries kept him out. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

PFT also says we cut Figurs. Guess you only get one chance to make it, lol.

Browns' bye week roster moves include picking up a Patriot

Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2010 10:39 AM ET

As they prepare for their final nine games after the upcoming bye , the Browns have done a little roster tweaking.

The team has announced that running back James Davis was released. His spot on the roster was filled by running back Thomas Clayton, whom the Browns claimed off waivers after he was cut by their next opponent -- the Patriots.

Clayton joined the Pats on September 30, 15 days after accepting a spot on the Browns' practice squad. He was cut on October 23.

The Browns also signed receiver Demetrius Williams, and they cut receiver Yamon Figurs.

They return to action with back-to-back home games against the currently 5-1 Patriots and 5-1 Jets.

For those who have just discovered in the past year or so the greatest sport on the planet or elsewhere, Browns coach Eric Mangini learned the craft under Patriots coach Bill Belichick, rising to the position of defensive coordinator before becoming head coach of the Jets in 2006. The next year, Mangini's Jets blew the whistle on the Patriots' practice of videotaping defensive coaching signals in violation of league rules.

By picking up Clayton, the Browns surely will try to pick up as much information as they can about the playbook, game-planning, audibles, and any other relevant information in preparation for November 7. Since Clayton didn't spend much time with the team, there probably isn't much he can give the Browns.

Williams is intriguing. 6'2" with a career APC of 16.0. They call him Spider man because of his freakish ability and sticky hands. With four years experience, this is the kind of guy that break right into the rotation and start makig plays for us.

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=WIL227785

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demetrius_Williams

Zombo

Williams is intriguing. 6'2" with a career APC of 16.0. They call him Spider man because of his freakish ability and sticky hands. With four years experience, this is the kind of guy that break right into the rotation and start makig plays for us.

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=WIL227785

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demetrius_Williams

Zombo

If they guy isn't in a wheelchair, he's probably an upgrade over what we have now. It's becoming more and more apparent that Robiski just doesn't have enough speed to consistently get open in the NFL.

When your depth chart reads MoMass-Cribbs, Stuckey you have problems.

If they guy isn't in a wheelchair, he's probably an upgrade over what we have now. It's becoming more and more apparent that Robiski just doesn't have enough speed to consistently get open in the NFL.

I think a guy like this can help right away, unlike Skippy's pipe dream, Charlton Mitchell. This is the first WR we brought in this year that I can get semi-excited about.

Zombo

I think a guy like this can help right away, unlike Skippy's pipe dream, Charlton Mitchell. This is the first WR we brought in this year that I can get semi-excited about.

Zombo

Mitchell, Mitchell, MITCHELL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol i would say you are right on both counts! Im thinking we will keep seeing musical WRs and maybe RBs as well throughout the season and continuing on next year and beyond in search of that elusive unknown leftover talent that can mesh with our system/gameplan, heckert and mangini appear to be working very closely together to find what the team needs, as for the round of the player/experience of the player i believe we are looking to add stability and impact and if the new guy dont/wont/cant work in our system we waive them when something else pops up on the radar and we try again, both heckert and mangini are being very aggressive and determined as a team to throw a full functioning unit together and ya cant help but to like the effort!

That made me laugh out loud. Sad but true. How is it this team won two games?

Zombo

Don't be hating on Carlton Mitchell Zippy, the kid is tall and reported to be the quickiest on the team. Remember he came out after his Junior year from a smaller college. He has some learning to do and I would take him over the inflated big school recruits of Robiskie or Nomass anyday and we haven't even seen him play yet.

Archived