THE BROWNS BOARD

Jets vs Browns

bandwagon

Jet fan here.

You know, in New York they pat themselves on the back for the trade that landed them Sanchez. Browns picked up a couple role players while the Jets jumped however-many-god-forsaken-slots-to-pick-fifth. QB-of-the-future in hand, got Mangini's lunch money again.

But you know what caught my eye today, watching both games side-by-side at a bar with Browns on the big screen?

Jets bought themselves a franchise QB who, if he is a failure (he's ok), will set them back years.

Browns, on the other hand, bought themselves some solid role players. Mangini got a bunch from the Jets in that deal and others and each of them was around the ball whenever I looked. Elam, Tresnik, Bowens, Stuckey... Hell, even Ratliff was in on the Gatorade bath.

And while the Browns didn't pick number 5, if their current QB propsect doesn't work out (doubtful: McCoy is looking great), at least they're not set back an entire xxxxing decade as a result of it.

And you guys are playing smart, passionate football. I gotta say, Tip o the hat, mates. It'll be a good game next week. Here's to hoping my new chowder mouth Jets coach doesn't xxxx it up next week.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jet fan here.

You know, in New York they pat themselves on the back for the trade that landed them Sanchez. Browns picked up a couple role players while the Jets jumped however-many-god-forsaken-slots-to-pick-fifth. QB-of-the-future in hand, got Mangini's lunch money again.

But you know what caught my eye today, watching both games side-by-side at a bar with Browns on the big screen?

Jets bought themselves a franchise QB who, if he is a failure (he's ok), will set them back years.

Browns, on the other hand, bought themselves some solid role players. Mangini got a bunch from the Jets in that deal and others and each of them was around the ball whenever I looked. Elam, Tresnik, Bowens, Stuckey... Hell, even Ratliff was in on the Gatorade bath.

And while the Browns didn't pick number 5, if their current QB propsect doesn't work out (doubtful: McCoy is looking great), at least they're not set back an entire xxxxing decade as a result of it.

And you guys are playing much smart, passionate football. I gotta say, Tip o the hat, mates. It'll be a good game next week. Here's to hoping my new Jets coach doesn't xxxx it up next week.

Congratulations. You have set the record for fastest fan of next weeks opponent to come on this board.

So many storylines next week. Lots of national attention (even more so that we are good now). You better pray you can shut down Peyton Hillis. I dont care how good your run D is. Between the Ravens and Patriots he has 328 yards rushing alone. Thats against the top D's in the NFL. So watch out :)

Congratulations. You have set the record for fastest fan of next weeks opponent to come on this board.

So many storylines next week. Lots of national attention (even more so that we are good now). You better pray you can shut down Peyton Hillis. I dont care how good your run D is. Between the Ravens and Patriots he has 328 yards rushing alone. Thats against the top D's in the NFL. So watch out :)

Hillis is a goddam beast. Hillis is right: they've got a team now. Left side, check. QB, check. Playmakers on offense, check. A good blue collar team in the building.

You're right to be concerned. Woody Johnson wanted a more "player friendly" coach. Great.

Head coaching is going to cost the Jets before the season is over. Rex is a good defensive coach but head coaching isn't just coordinating defense. Rex has two fatal flaws:

1) Lack of attention to detail

2) Hubris. He believes his own press.

I said it in another thread....

J-E-T-S, the Jets are NEXT NEXT NEXT...to get xxxxing beat down!

Seriously, you squeaked by the Lions this week and we dismantled the Pats. Get ready to get got by the Browns next Sunday! Just ask the Saints and Patriots.

lol. I didn't say we were going down.

If we do, it will be because our Coach Snackhappy licks vomit chunks. If we don't, then I'm fine with Snackhappy.

I think we are all looking forward to this game with wagging tails or in your case jet lag! Muhahahahaha!

This should be a great game on many fronts but the whole ryan on ryan and mangini's revenge scenario definitely steal the spotlight, sunday cant get here soon enough! ;)

We didn't do a very good job covering the back out of the backfield today or even covering the TE's underneith at times. Brady Gaga had a horrible game and I can't believe they didn't exploit everything that we were giving up underneith. That needs fixed.

I hope we break Braylon Edwards leg and he rolls around on the field with blood seeping from his leg. I hope he gets a lot of sound bites this week, because he is an idiot and will provide plenty of bulletin board material.

Hillis with Vickers leading the way is a very tough task to stop for any team. Thanks Denver! (if this thread is about who gave who what ...)

I like Mangini here, glad you guys gave up on him.

Should be a good game. I didn't get to watch many games today with errands, work on the house and the gf's truck. Solid win that's for sure and I wouldn't be surprised to see a close game next week. However you did forget to include how Hillis ran against the Steelers. He didn't. I imagine the Jets will bottle him up as well. I guess we'll find out. I'm just glad the Patriots lost.

Should be a good game. I didn't get to watch many games today with errands, work on the house and the gf's truck. Solid win that's for sure and I wouldn't be surprised to see a close game next week. However you did forget to include how Hillis ran against the Steelers. He didn't. I imagine the Jets will bottle him up as well. I guess we'll find out. I'm just glad the Patriots lost.

Patriots D is better than Steelers and Jets D right now. Or was at least.

I don't think the key this week will be Hillis. I think it will be containing McCoy. What I mean is that the jets can maybe bottle up the browns running game but that that's not the key to winning. McCoy was what like 3 of 5 on third down? Turned broken plays into good ones. You got yourselves a QB and he's still an unknown.

Amen. Brady Quinn seems to be a good guy, and wish him success in the NFL. But my god, we finally got the good end of the stick. Still amazed at how Hillis exploded on this team. He reminds me of Jerome Bettis. Nice to see those tough runs breaking tackles on OUR side.

Jets game should be interesting. Ryans going up against each other. I love what Rob Ryan is doing with our D. Dont think Braylon Edwards will be taking to many big hits from us. You have to CATCH the ball to get tackled.

Patriots D is better than Steelers and Jets D right now. Or was at least.

What? That defense is not good. What stats are you even looking at on the year? Pittsburgh was/is the best rush defense in the league. The pass defense is a bit skewed because teams are getting yards in the 4th quarter when the Steelers have the game in the bag. Colt McCoy, Josh Freeman etc. McCoy did next to nothing until the 4th quarter when we were playing off. Not taking anything away from McCoy but I don't know anyone media or not that Ranks the Patriots defense in the top 5. Period.

We didn't do a very good job covering the back out of the backfield today or even covering the TE's underneith at times. Brady Gaga had a horrible game and I can't believe they didn't exploit everything that we were giving up underneith. That needs fixed.

I hope we break Braylon Edwards leg and he rolls around on the field with blood seeping from his leg. I hope he gets a lot of sound bites this week, because he is an idiot and will provide plenty of bulletin board material.

Hillis with Vickers leading the way is a very tough task to stop for any team. Thanks Denver! (if this thread is about who gave who what ...)

How bout that Colt...........The Colt Corral will replace the Dawg Pound very soon(Cleveland's trademark always was offense but we lost our way for a while). We finally got a real QB and real mgt. BTW. Howie Dawg will give you the money for Joe at next weeks tailgate.

Damn it is fun to have a real team again

Luvin doze Brownies

Oh man it is going to be fun to do the journey again

What? That defense is not good. What stats are you even looking at on the year? Pittsburgh was/is the best rush defense in the league. The pass defense is a bit skewed because teams are getting yards in the 4th quarter when the Steelers have the game in the bag. Colt McCoy, Josh Freeman etc. McCoy did next to nothing until the 4th quarter when we were playing off. Not taking anything away from McCoy but I don't know anyone media or not that Ranks the Patriots defense in the top 5. Period.

And here is Homo turning a Jets vs Browns thread into another Steeler topic. GTFO.

wow...the first classless post...nice to see the intellect required to wish harm on a player because you don't like him....good for you !!!!

anyway, the Jets have certainly played poorly the past 3 weeks....but they have won 2 of those games. That's what good teams do, they win what should have been a loss. Your RB is a bruiser and will defly be a tough guy to stop.....but last I checked, the Jets have 2 very good runners as well as a crop of good receivers....our QB / O.C play calling is in a bit of a funk.....but I defly see the Jets winning by double digits this week

but I defly see the Jets winning by double digits this week

You're goin' down...the place will be rocking as Mangini gets revenge on another former team.

Braylon may get a token long-TD catch, but that is all.....Browns 31 Jets 13

Browns didn't beat the Patriots for your benefit. Nevertheless, Jets do have a far better run D than the Pats do.

The key will still be if the Browns O Line can do the kind of job it has been doing since the last part of last year: dismantling defenses. The Jets will be a bigger challenge in that regard than the Pats.

wow...the first classless post...nice to see the intellect required to wish harm on a player because you don't like him....good for you !!!!

OH for Christ sake please. Are you truly offended by this? I suppose you have never watched any action movies that contain gratuitous violence because it offends your sensibilities? This is internet babble.

Perhaps you should be equally offended by the idiocy that comes out of Braylon's mouth at times if you are so in to being offensed. Grow the F**K up.

anyway, the Jets have certainly played poorly the past 3 weeks....but they have won 2 of those games. That's what good teams do, they win what should have been a loss. Your RB is a bruiser and will defly be a tough guy to stop.....but last I checked, the Jets have 2 very good runners as well as a crop of good receivers....our QB / O.C play calling is in a bit of a funk.....but I defly see the Jets winning by double digits this week.

What you see and what you get may be two different things.

Mangidiot will only validate why the Jets dumped him...trust me...you will feel the same in another year

And you know WHY the Jets dumped him do you? I haven't met a Jets fan yet who gets it except for my brother. I was at every home game that year except the Dolphins game. Your owner wanted a scapegoat so he could sell you those JACKED UP PSLs. He wanted a "players' coach". Well, now you have him. Don't tear down Mangini to feel good about yourselves. You're sucking down that bullshit sandwich the NY media is serving you because he wouldn't open access to them. It was public pressure and nothing else because people in the league who know football know Mangini can really coach the game. If this game comes down to coaching....you're in a bad spot there homey with Rex blowing his load on timeouts, challenges and strutting like a peacock. Penalties and coaching will be key.

I too could look like a defensive genius if I had Mangini's players, added Leonard and Bart Scott and blitzed 50% of first downs while Revis (a guy ONLY Mangini wanted) holds down half of the field.

Nice try. Browns fans, next time a Jets poster posts....let me caution you....there's a reason their team's names rhyme and are monosyllabic.

I would have to say the Jets got a franchise QB at a fairly cheap price. Aside from the Jets' #1 getting us a very good center in Alex Mack, none of the rest of the people in the trade are anything special.

Quinn for Hillis, on the other hand... that's pretty much evened the scales.

Jet fan here.

And you guys are playing smart, passionate football. I gotta say, Tip o the hat, mates. It'll be a good game next week. Here's to hoping my new chowder mouth Jets coach doesn't xxxx it up next week.

By terms right now I consider a "player's coach" as someone who lets the players run the show. I would put Wade Phillips in that boat, what a great guy to play for. He let's us celebrate in the end zone even when it costs us games. Wow, I wonder why they fired Wade?

I would rather have a coach that demands excellence and that the players respect. That is how I see mangini. If you want to go through the motions then you had better play somewhere else. But, if you want to play as a team and feel that winning is the first priority mangini is your guy (there are a few others).

And you know WHY the Jets dumped him do you? I haven't met a Jets fan yet who gets it except for my brother. I was at every home game that year except the Dolphins game. Your owner wanted a scapegoat so he could sell you those JACKED UP PSLs. He wanted a "players' coach". Well, now you have him. Don't tear down Mangini to feel good about yourselves. You're sucking down that bullshit sandwich the NY media is serving you because he wouldn't open access to them. It was public pressure and nothing else because people in the league who know football know Mangini can really coach the game. If this game comes down to coaching....you're in a bad spot there homey with Rex blowing his load on timeouts, challenges and strutting like a peacock. Penalties and coaching will be key.

I too could look like a defensive genius if I had Mangini's players, added Leonard and Bart Scott and blitzed 50% of first downs while Revis (a guy ONLY Mangini wanted) holds down half of the field.

Nice try. Browns fans, next time a Jets poster posts....let me caution you....there's a reason their team's names rhyme and are monosyllabic.

Hahahahahaha...trust me "homey"...we saw enough of Mangidiots "great" coaching....when you guys fail o make the playoffs...and holmgren fires mangidiot only to become the head coach himself (like he wanted to)....who would be the scapegoat? You are right...Mangidiot was the only guy scouting and drafting the players that are here now......are you really that blind? Rex has not coached well the past few games and on the jets forum I have been vocal about that....but after seeing mangidiot for a longer period then Rex,,,,,Im glad we have Rex

Archived