THE BROWNS BOARD

Blackout in Jacksonville?

bringbackbrownie2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be in Melbourne tomorrow, which is next door to Palm Bay, and people in Palm Bay do sleep with there sisters...Its true, went to Satellite High way back in the day.....Florida....I love living here, but there is a reason why they have websites of only shit that happens in Crazy Florida

I will be in Melbourne tomorrow, which is next door to Palm Bay, and people in Palm Bay do sleep with there sisters...Its true, went to Satellite High way back in the day.....Florida....I love living here, but there is a reason why they have websites of only shit that happens in Crazy Florida

HAHA your stupid

Your so ignorant. We've sold out every game this year so far. Do your research before trying to talk smack. Why don't you go cry about Lebron some more!

:lol:

Also, ignorant fans don't realize that:

1.) Jax one of the smallest market (population) of any NFL city.

2.) Jags have not even been around for 1 generation, i.e. kids who grew up with team just now turning into adults.

3.) Economy crushed people down here. In the rust belt, there wasn't much economy to destroy in the first place. They were already smashed and used to no thriving commerce to begin with. In North East FL we had a far, far larger drop to deal with, and so many families simply can't afford going to Jags games, where before our country went to shit, they could afford it.

People also don't realize or more likely never knew in the first place the Jaguars had a season ticket waiting list as recent as 2006.

It would be foolish to try to say the Jaguars fanbase is equivalent to the Browns, but considering the team has only been around for 15 years I think it's done a hell of a job. Last year was a fluke.

Things I have learned here in the last 5 days:

1. The only thread talking about the Jags game didn't get any real action until Thursday. Jaguar message board starts talking about the next opponent 24 hours after the last game. That is odd to me that on a NFL message board, fans wait this long to start talking about a game.

2. The tarp joke came out. This is actually scientifically 100% guaranteed these days on other peoples message boards.

3. A joke about doing your sister came out. Even though it was from a guy with the word Tampa in his name who doesn't even live in Tampa or Cleveland.

4. A Browns fan actually had the audacity to make fun of the Jaguars colors.

5. If I didn't know any better, I would think they were letting 3-6 teams into the Playoffs these days, just by reading this message board.

6. You have made fun of a potential blackout. Look at it this way, we haven't blacked out a single game this year, and are coming off one of the biggest Hail Mary victories in the history of the NFL, and people still don't want to show up to watch the Browns play. This game has been a bruise on our schedule all year.

7 The hope you guys put in Hillis and McCoy is kind of sad. Hillis is a fullback who will wear down like a set of Wal-Mart tires, and McCoy will look like a QB drafted in the middle of the 3rd round once there is some reasonable game film on him.

So what your saying is people only come to your stadium to see the other team?

sad enough that is a problem that we are having. Theres about 50k die hard Jaguar fans that show up and buy tickets win or loose but right now as a fan base we are still dependent on bandwagon fans jumping on board and buying tickets.

IMO the fan base is growing, you won't here me argue that its the smallest fan base in the NFL, but its a great one at that. If you run into a Jaguar fan you know they are a real Jaguar fan. Just need about 20k more, it takes time and tradition

1. The only thread talking about the Jags game didn't get any real action until Thursday. Jaguar message board starts talking about the next opponent 24 hours after the last game. That is odd to me that on a NFL message board, fans wait this long to start talking about a game.

2. The tarp joke came out. This is actually scientifically 100% guaranteed these days on other peoples message boards.

3. A joke about doing your sister came out. Even though it was from a guy with the word Tampa in his name who doesn't even live in Tampa or Cleveland.

5. If I didn't know any better, I would think they were letting 3-6 teams into the Playoffs these days, just by reading this message board.

6. You have made fun of a potential blackout. Look at it this way, we haven't blacked out a single game this year, and are coming off one of the biggest Hail Mary victories in the history of the NFL, and people still don't want to show up to watch the Browns play. This game has been a bruise on our schedule all year.

7 The hope you guys put in Hillis and McCoy is kind of sad. Hillis is a fullback who will wear down like a set of Wal-Mart tires, and McCoy will look like a QB drafted in the middle of the 3rd round once there is some reasonable game film on him.

Its going to be a Good Game Buddy Enjoy the Game and we will run Hillis down your Throat Sorry.

lets list out what the browns are famous for....

the first nfl franchise to start a homosexual QB, Otto Graham

Let's agree that you obviously just powered down your xbox and chose to root for the Jaguars because they have "purdy" colors. After trying to decode your poorly written (at best) posts, I would go as far to say that you sir are a moron. Please do us all a favor and return to the shit hole that you originated from. You even give "real" Jags fans a bad name. I pity your future and pray that you have no offspring for their sake. Congratulations, you have brought this discussion down a notch just by opening your mouth. Kill yourself.

Wait didnt our offense run for like 300 yards last time we played the Jags or was that KC last year? Either way I'm positive we hit betwen 150-200 if not.

Good xxxxing luck stopping Hillbeast

Jerome Harrison had 33 carries for 127 yards and 1 TD. A solid game from Harrison. And Harrison is no Hillis.

The lack of attendance for any FL team is easy to explain. Many citizens in their elder years move there from other states. So their home team is from everywhere but Florida.

Also, since they come to FL to die, the last thing on their mind is to watch the Jags get their asses kicked by the Browns.

The Browns have the best uniforms in the NFL.

Man Law- any team wearing Teal is hideous.

Do live in Tampa..(Hence Tampadawgs)....

so your team is 5-4....

Hail Marry wins a game for you...Luck....( Wish the Browns won on a Hail Marry not hatten just sayin)

Last second field goal win.....

So you could be 3-6, but your not you have had some luc go your way..

THe Browns are 3-6

So, if we had a little luck go our way in any of the 4th quarter leads we have had...

Say we hold are leads against Tampa, Kansas City, and lets say New York( we were tied in the 4th ), so IF we just had 1 play in each game go our way we would be 6-3...Would you look at us any different....you would....

The point is, is that you look at the record and think we are not good. we are what we are we are 3-6, but you have to look at the whole package

9 games against

3, 7-2 teams

4, 6-3 teams

1,5-4 team, the Jags will be the second 5-4 team

then the Bengals who are 2-7 who some people thought Super Bowl

People also don't realize or more likely never knew in the first place the Jaguars had a season ticket waiting list as recent as 2006.

It would be foolish to try to say the Jaguars fanbase is equivalent to the Browns, but considering the team has only been around for 15 years I think it's done a hell of a job. Last year was a fluke.

No insult intended, but putting a team in Jacksonville in the first place was a fluke. Nice city but not big enough to support an NFL team IMHO. Geographically makes sense, but J-ville metro area isn't that much bigger than Birmingham Alabama or my stomping grounds Dayton Ohio.

I have to wonder if Art Modell lobbied mightily behind closed doors to keep an expansion franchise out of Baltimore (which was the logical place to expand to) because he already had wanderlust. There were two teams in Florida already. Long drive to Miami or Tampa? Sure.

Well economics will tell the tale- no secret the NFL wants a team in LA badly- and the Jags are high on the list of teams that could move there. What? I'm being mean?

Google "Jags move"

Archived