THE BROWNS BOARD

Blackout in Jacksonville?

bringbackbrownie2

I'm not going to bash Florida since I lived in the Tampa area for part of my life and I have some family by the Jacksonville area as well. If you have lived anywhere in Florida you know that most people in Florida aren't from Florida and are fans of other teams. College football gets huge support along with the Dolphins, everything else is supported by a small fan base unless that years team is very good or has a chance at a championship. As for Hillbillies, Rednecks and in Florida what I call "Swamp People" they are in every state, you cant escape them.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

floridian321 said, "1413 toy st se palm bay, fl ill be waiting"

Will you be waiting in your aqua colored GEO STORM you got sitting outside in your driveway?? LOL guys plug his address into google maps to see what im talking about.

I'm not going to bash Florida since I lived in the Tampa area for part of my life and I have some family by the Jacksonville area as well. If you have lived anywhere in Florida you know that most people in Florida aren't from Florida and are fans of other teams. College football gets huge support along with the Dolphins, everything else is supported by a small fan base unless that years team is very good or has a chance at a championship. As for Hillbillies, Rednecks and in Florida what I call "Swamp People" they are in every state, you cant escape them.

ahhh yes the swamp people, we refer to the as "jorts" but yes they are here and they suck

also seems to be a shit ton of Gator fans, but not this year :rolleyes:

Living in Florida being a Cleveland fan has not been really all that fun

Marlins game 7 World Series Against Indians

Florida National Title of Ohio State

Same in Basketball

Lebron Going to Miami

Going to The Tampa V Cleveland game this year, and watching first hand the Browns being gassed in the 4th....

The only thing that has been nice over the years for Cleveland in Florida, is every time I go see the Browns play in Jax we win ( noJoke)

and untill last year the Tribe always kick the shit out of the Rays.....

ahhh yes the swamp people, we refer to the as "jorts" but yes they are here and they suck

Don't let Browns fan make you feel bad about rednecks. You should see some

of the people who roam around in the Cleveland area. I lived off rt. 90 for

years. Cleveland area has one of the highest obesity rates in America.

Odds are, some 50%+ of everyone chatting on here is obese. You know,

like half of each ass cheek flowing over their chair type of thing? FL has

it's share of rednecks, but comparing this region to Cleveland? It's like

paradise vs. hell.

paradise vs. hell.

I way 135 lbs and I have pictures to prove it. ASSHOLE.

paradise vs. hell.

I too am not by any means obese. You my friend FAIL!

Silverback, Pittsburgh is one of the most run-down blue collar shitbred towns in the United States. Hillbillies everywhere even in the city areas. I wouldn't be surprised if you were smoking meth right now as we type.

When is the last time you were in downtown Pgh? It isn't run down at all,

it's one of the most "un-run down" cities in America. And I don't live

there any how. But I like to visit. I live in FL, in an ocean community.

Pretty much light years from what the Cleveland area is like.

Quoted from Forbes and Yahoo.com

Sure, obesity is a problem in this country, but when you think fat, you probably don't think Miami. So you may be surprised to find Men's Fitness magazine ranks Miami as the nation's fattest city in its annual survey. The fittest? Salt Lake City.

So what about the South Beach Diet... and all those buff bodies you always see in the ocean-side metropolis? Even though Miami has a high number of health-food stores per capita, Men's Fitness found it also has nearly three times the fast-food restaurants as the average city. And while there are 79 percent more gyms and health clubs than average, residents are less likely to regularly use their memberships. Not many residents take advantage of outdoor activities, either.

On the other end of the spectrum... Salt Lake City got top marks for being the fittest city because of its abundance of park space, athletically motivated residents, and below- average obesity rates. It ranks highest in the survey in the number of people who take part in activities like beach volleyball, racquetball, aerobics, hiking, basketball, yoga, tai chi, swimming, cycling, running, and kickboxing.

As for the rest of the country, here are the top 25 fittest and fattest cities according to Men's Fitness:

Top Fittest Cities

1. Salt Lake City, UT

2. Colorado Springs, CO

3. Minneapolis, MN

4. Denver, CO

5. Albuquerque, NM

6. Portland, OR

7. Honolulu, HI

8. Seattle, WA

9. Omaha, NE

10. Virginia Beach, VA

11. Milwaukee, WI

12. San Francisco, CA

13. Tucson, AZ

14. Boston, MA

15. Cleveland, OH

16. St. Louis, MO

17. Austin, TX

18. Washington, DC

19. Sacramento, CA

20. Oakland, CA

21. Atlanta, GA

22. Fresno, CA

23. Tampa, FL

24. Nashville-Davidson, TN

25. Pittsburgh, PA

Top Fattest Cities

1. Miami, FL

2. Oklahoma City, OK

3. San Antonio, TX

4. Las Vegas, NV

5. New York, NY

6. Houston, TX

7. El Paso, TX

8. Jacksonville, FL

9. Charlotte, NC

10. Louisville-Jefferson, KY

11. Memphis, TN

12. Detroit, MI

13. Chicago, IL

14. Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

15. San Jose, CA

16. Tulsa, OK

17. Baltimore, MD

18. Columbus, OH

19. Raleigh, NC

20. Philadelphia, PA

21. L.A.-Long Beach, CA

22. Phoenix-Mesa, AZ

23. Indianapolis, IN

24. San Diego, CA

25. Kansas City, MO

Quoted from Forbes and Yahoo.com

Sure, obesity is a problem in this country, but when you think fat, you probably don't think Miami. So you may be surprised to find Men's Fitness magazine ranks Miami as the nation's fattest city in its annual survey. The fittest? Salt Lake City.

So what about the South Beach Diet... and all those buff bodies you always see in the ocean-side metropolis? Even though Miami has a high number of health-food stores per capita, Men's Fitness found it also has nearly three times the fast-food restaurants as the average city. And while there are 79 percent more gyms and health clubs than average, residents are less likely to regularly use their memberships. Not many residents take advantage of outdoor activities, either.

On the other end of the spectrum... Salt Lake City got top marks for being the fittest city because of its abundance of park space, athletically motivated residents, and below- average obesity rates. It ranks highest in the survey in the number of people who take part in activities like beach volleyball, racquetball, aerobics, hiking, basketball, yoga, tai chi, swimming, cycling, running, and kickboxing.

As for the rest of the country, here are the top 25 fittest and fattest cities according to Men's Fitness:

Top Fittest Cities

1. Salt Lake City, UT

2. Colorado Springs, CO

3. Minneapolis, MN

4. Denver, CO

5. Albuquerque, NM

6. Portland, OR

7. Honolulu, HI

8. Seattle, WA

9. Omaha, NE

10. Virginia Beach, VA

11. Milwaukee, WI

12. San Francisco, CA

13. Tucson, AZ

14. Boston, MA

15. Cleveland, OH

16. St. Louis, MO

17. Austin, TX

18. Washington, DC

19. Sacramento, CA

20. Oakland, CA

21. Atlanta, GA

22. Fresno, CA

23. Tampa, FL

24. Nashville-Davidson, TN

25. Pittsburgh, PA

Top Fattest Cities

1. Miami, FL

2. Oklahoma City, OK

3. San Antonio, TX

4. Las Vegas, NV

5. New York, NY

6. Houston, TX

7. El Paso, TX

8. Jacksonville, FL

9. Charlotte, NC

10. Louisville-Jefferson, KY

11. Memphis, TN

12. Detroit, MI

13. Chicago, IL

14. Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

15. San Jose, CA

16. Tulsa, OK

17. Baltimore, MD

18. Columbus, OH

19. Raleigh, NC

20. Philadelphia, PA

21. L.A.-Long Beach, CA

22. Phoenix-Mesa, AZ

23. Indianapolis, IN

24. San Diego, CA

25. Kansas City, MO

Miami is the fattest city? Who ever put this list together is on meth and glue.

I think most of you forget that these trolls come here with an agenda and that is to piss us off. They dont care about your football knowledge or anything else for that matter. They have nothing better to do and the only way they can feel happy about themselves is when they make other people unhappy.

I dont understand why anyone would want to spend hour after hour every day to come here and try to bring us down to there level. Maybe it's because I have a life and other things I would rather do then to try and piss people off that I will never see. Either way everytime I see people come here and talk smack I know I will have the last laught because I actually enjoy my life and dont feel the need to run my mouth to people who cant fight back in order to feel tough.

What's funny is everyone trying to say ohh Clevelands dirty or pissburghs dirty but the reality is like every other big city in America they both are. No matter where you go you will see drunks, crack heads, bums, welfare housing, etc... It doesn't matter what part of the country you are in. There's some really nice suburbs of Cleveland just as im sure there are really nice suburbs of pissburgh. Chances are not one person here actually lives within the city limits of either Cleveland or Pittsburgh.

Look how beautiful the area is...lol

Here you are tryin to rep pissburgh and you dont even live in the city. If you did you wouldn't be on here acting like a hard ass becuase you would be to busy dodging all the crack heads, welfare queens, and needles laying around.

Answer this for me, what's a pissburgh fan doing on a Browns board replying to a topic about a team pissburgh isnt playing? Shouldn't you be more concerned with what your team is doing rather then ours?

Jacksonville is one of the grossest, dirtiest cities I've ever had the misfortune to go to. Florida didn't exactly need 3 pro teams in the first place, and by awarding the Jags to Jacksonville and snubbing Baltimore for an expansion team, Tagliabue set in motion Modell's move of the Browns.

I get the feeling those of you bashing Jax have either never really been and are simply regurgitating things you've heard others say or you've never been beyond the St Johns River to any of the neighborhoods to the south. Like any downtown it has some gritiness and it just so happens the stadium is not exactly in one of the nicest areas of town. (Like many others), but the greater Jax area is a beautiful area. If you basing your opinion on the ride from the airport to the stadium and back you haven't seen 1/8 of the city.

Oh yeah & this thread is officially a moot point as the blackout was just lifted.

Damn, kid, put some meat on your bones.

Howie has set the new standard for Body by Browns Fan:

77190_453107900951_586920951_6037852_5239595_n.jpg

Zombo

Yeah, and I noticed that's my 6' 5" 210lb nephew in the background- maybe we could give him a tryout next year @ WR he says he's pretty fast. :)

Here you are tryin to rep pissburgh and you dont even live in the city. If you did you wouldn't be on here acting like a hard ass becuase you would be to busy dodging all the crack heads, welfare queens, and needles laying around.

Answer this for me, what's a pissburgh fan doing on a Browns board replying to a topic about a team pissburgh isnt playing? Shouldn't you be more concerned with what your team is doing rather then ours?

You mean like focusing on a "We hate the Steelers" T-shirt while you are

facing the Jags this week? OK. As far as not living in WPA any more,

that was my personal preference to move out of the rust belt (WPA,

Cleveland, Buffalo) to move to an area with endless sunny days,

no ice, no soot, no cold rain but with beaches and palm trees. But Steeler

fans don't change colors. I have met endless Steeler fans who moved

out of WPA to ocean communities but remain Steeler fans. I have to

say, almost bump into zero Browns fans down here. So, either Browns

fans don't know how to escape the depressing area or when they do,

they stop being Browns fans. There is a reason most of Pgh away games

look like home games for the Steelers. I have witnessed it many times,

personally.

Out side of Cleveland, Browns fan is nearly non-existent. It's the exact

opposite with Steeler fan.

I get the feeling those of you bashing Jax have either never really been and are simply regurgitating things you've heard others say or you've never been beyond the St Johns River to any of the neighborhoods to the south. Like any downtown it has some gritiness and it just so happens the stadium is not exactly in one of the nicest areas of town. (Like many others), but the greater Jax area is a beautiful area. If you basing your opinion on the ride from the airport to the stadium and back you haven't seen 1/8 of the city.

Oh yeah & this thread is officially a moot point as the blackout was just lifted.

Glad to hear. Keep supporting your team down there, and I mean that in all honesty, and seriousness. It sucks losing a team. Granted it was only 3 years, and at least the Indians got hot throughout the mid and late 90s, but I can tell you that it set us back quite a bit. It's good to see we are finally putting together a team that we can be proud of.

I'm pretty sure too that there will be a lot of Browns fans there, which may have helped, but at least those of you Jag fans not going will get to see it on tv. I can't wish you luck for this Sunday, but good luck the rest of the way, and here is to a good injury free game.

Glad to hear. Keep supporting your team down there, and I mean that in all honesty, and seriousness. It sucks losing a team. Granted it was only 3 years, and at least the Indians got hot throughout the mid and late 90s, but I can tell you that it set us back quite a bit. It's good to see we are finally putting together a team that we can be proud of.

I'm pretty sure too that there will be a lot of Browns fans there, which may have helped, but at least those of you Jag fans not going will get to see it on tv. I can't wish you luck for this Sunday, but good luck the rest of the way, and here is to a good injury free game.

Yeah the last game we played against Cleveland there was a fair showing of Browns fans. Nothing like Pittsburgh, but that's true everywhere.

I personally can't understand why someone can't spend $50 for a upper level seat. Even if the don't like they view there are several bars to hang out & watch around inside the stadium.

But our biggest issue is the lack of club sales. You'll see gaping holes on the east side of the stadium Sunday. It's an aweful eye sore for the stadium to be full except for the empty seats between the the 30's. Oh well.

And yes I can say good luck to the Browns outside of this game and no injuries. If there is one thing Jaguar fans can respect it's tough hardnose football. Our teams really don't fit in with the basketball on grass stuff most of the AFC south plays. We are and have been a run first team.

That said I expect a high score Sunday. Both teams should be in the 20's the winner pushing 30.

Out side of Cleveland, Browns fan is nearly non-existent. It's the exact

opposite with Steeler fan.

Hmmm, really? For one telling people to do their research, you may want to look at this link.

www.brownsbacker.com/clubs.htm

Doesn't look non-existent to me. And not that I really care who has a larger fanbase, because I don't base my decision on loyalty to a team because of how extensive their fanbase is. The Steelers have a large bandwagon following, as do the Cowboys, and probably the Patriots. I'm pretty certain that as the Browns continue to improve, and with the popularity of guys like Colt McCoy, Peyton Hillis, and Josh Cribbs we'll have our fair share of front runners too. But you know what, kudos to you for sticking with your hometown team after you relocated. I most certainly would do the same. Born a Browns fan, will always BE a Browns fan!

Yeah the last game we played against Cleveland there was a fair showing of Browns fans. Nothing like Pittsburgh, but that's true everywhere.

I personally can't understand why someone can't spend $50 for a upper level seat. Even if the don't like they view there are several bars to hang out & watch around inside the stadium.

But our biggest issue is the lack of club sales. You'll see gaping holes on the east side of the stadium Sunday. It's an aweful eye sore for the stadium to be full except for the empty seats between the the 30's. Oh well.

And yes I can say good luck to the Browns outside of this game and no injuries. If there is one thing Jaguar fans can respect it's tough hardnose football. Our teams really don't fit in with the basketball on grass stuff most of the AFC south plays. We are and have been a run first team.

That said I expect a high score Sunday. Both teams should be in the 20's the winner pushing 30.

Yes the Jags have a grit to them that is indicative of AFC North Teams. It's a shame you guys were moved to a different division. I remember a few years back the Jags going into Pittsburgh in the Wild Card game, and taking them out in the snow and cold.

"But our biggest issue is the lack of club sales. You'll see gaping holes on the east side of the stadium Sunday. It's an aweful eye sore for the stadium to be full except for the empty seats between the the 30's. Oh well."

I have been a Jaguars club seat holder since day 1. These seats are a bit expensive. My two seats cost approximately $5,800 for a season. That works out at about $290 (including taxes, etc.) per seat per game. In today's economy, that's a bit steep for a lot of people. Typically, corporate sponsors actually fill these seats in most stadiums, the Jaguars' inlcuded. Unfortunately, small businesses are finding it increasingly difficult to justify these costs.

The stadium will be loud this week for the Browns game. I hope for a good game with no major injuries to either team.

Archived