THE BROWNS BOARD

Delhomme the worst qb in the NFL

Soju

I can't stand watching him keep throwing to a guy that's covered for a one yard gain. He has to throw downfield to give HIllis more of a chance. He looks and plays like he has no desire to win the game and is just worried about his completion percentage. I almost hate him as much as Dilfer now.

Dilfer? You're being too charitable. At least Dilfer could manage a game- Jake can't win even if he has a 100 yard rusher on his side. Give a minor pair of Goat Horns to Diabolic (hey that popped up on my spell checker- it fits) for another stunning display of turtle-ball.

Think DA with a weaker arm. Take away the one long completion to Massaquoi, and you have 11\19 for 50 yards and change. That won't get it done in the NFL. We were actually laughing at his two yard completions.

Regardless of whether or not McCoy is ready for the Bengals, if Mangini values his job, it had better be the last we've seen of Joke Go-home as the starter.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I found out why Delhomme looks confused.

jake-delhomme-17-nfl.jpg

dumb%20and%20dumber.gif

HE'S LLOYD CHRISTMAS!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHA

HA

It's a meaningless end of season game betweeen two playoff non-contenders. Still, the offense was pathetic. It's gotta be a record that we somehow fumbled 3 times on one drive. Hey, even with Butterfingers dropping the ball every other carry he's still averaging 5 YPC. Delhomme was awful and his mere presence allowed the Bills to put 9 in the box on every play and dare him to win with 2 yard outs. If McCoy isn't ready this week, Wallace has to go in.

I think it's time for Daboll to pack his bags. With the way our defense has turned around, our offense is doing them a real disservice.

You people are wrong. Delhomme is the best at throwing 2 yard passes. What is the point of throwing the ball 2 yards when you need 8 for a first down. take his ass out!

3rd down and 16 and I dont think there was one route by a WR that was more than 6 yards. Delsucks is a washup who had his 15 minutes in the SB and threw an interception there as well to cost his team a win. If you watch his progressions it is locked onto the out receiver the whole time.

I am wondering if they even practice running any routes farther down the field during the week or do they just hope someone will break free from a tackle.

This crap today reminded me of last season watching DA and Queen puking all over the field on game days. Paddding their stats for the Payday$ and not even attempting to be victorious. Players like DelSucks are like a cancer to any team trying to improve.

I hope his shitty attitude and play doesn't rub off on Colt ot Seneca. Hell he doesn't even make to be a good mentor for any young QB.

Jake Freaking Delhomme. Will we ever get a full explanation of how/why the Browns not only signed him, but as a starter at 7 mill? After the way he's played since the 2008 playoffs? And then we were all saying, "Well, the only way Delhomme plays another game for the Browns is if everybody else is dead"... and yet HE DOES play more games?

It's the mystery of the year. How do you make sense of Delhomme in 2010? It didn't just happen once... it happened twice! With a quarterback nobody else on Earth wanted!

I don't get it. I seriously don't.

lol you guys overreacting to one player after losses

its the same with every team......its always one players fault for making one or 2 mistakes

the grass is always greener

Well who else is their to blame other then that bum? There is a reason he was cut from carolina! Why is it that when some mediocre QB gets cut from a team cleveland picks him up thinkin they can run with him? He's a total loser with no desire to win in my book, I just think we had a better chance to win games with wallace starting until mccoy came back. Because unlike delhomme wallace isn't afraid to put some air under the ball. I would rather see delhomme make some mistakes then be to scared to bring it. I'm not saying at all that wallace is our savior just looked a lil better earlier in the year then that giant turd.

The mangini thing I don't think he should be cut I wasn't behind some of his decisions when he came to cleveland but what he's been doin is starting to come into perspective. Its obvious the man wants to win and wants his team to be effective. But unfortunatly the "w's" aren't gonna happen with sorry ass delhomme at the helm of the ship, and only relying on hillis to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

BTW, Alex Smith's last three games: 6 TDs, 0 INTs. He had 3 today. Wonder what they'll do in SF with him? Can you really dump out on a 25-year-old putting up those numbers? He's like one year older than Colt McCoy.

don't know if smith's problems are the fact that the niners team as a whole sucks or that he's had to deal with many different coordinators and systems since coming out of college. the kid was a great prospect.....hope he doesn't go the way of tim couch or harrington or carr...........the list is way too long.

Jake has been washed up for four years. The only reason he is still in the league is because of his Super Bowl year when he played out of body.

I think they brought him as the vet to keep things from being embarrassing if Wallace proved BAD and McCoy proved not NFL caliber

It is clear McCoy is the best QB on the team and Jake is the worst

Let McCoy play now and get experience and think about who the other two QB's are next year and make sure Jake is not one of em

Wait did I read that right, they brought him in to keep things from being embaassing? Too late!

I want to punch jake in the face.

Did you know that dustin diamon was voted by spunk magazine the 3 most annoying child actor that they would like to punch in his face?

In jon we trust!

Gruden or bust!

Well who else is their to blame other then that bum? There is a reason he was cut from carolina! Why is it that when some mediocre QB gets cut from a team cleveland picks him up thinkin they can run with him? He's a total loser with no desire to win in my book, I just think we had a better chance to win games with wallace starting until mccoy came back. Because unlike delhomme wallace isn't afraid to put some air under the ball. I would rather see delhomme make some mistakes then be to scared to bring it. I'm not saying at all that wallace is our savior just looked a lil better earlier in the year then that giant turd.

unfortunately hes the best option you guys have right now......if he wasnt, he wouldnt be playing.......mangini isnt some idiot that plays scrubs to prove a point

The mangini thing I don't think he should be cut I wasn't behind some of his decisions when he came to cleveland but what he's been doin is starting to come into perspective. Its obvious the man wants to win and wants his team to be effective. But unfortunatly the "w's" aren't gonna happen with sorry ass delhomme at the helm of the ship, and only relying on hillis to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

mangini is probably coaching for his job right now.......if he really thought mccoy would save his job dont you think he would be playing him instead? in all honesty, mangini knows what hes doing and if he thinks its the right move, you guys should trust him instead of second guessing every damn decision he makes after every loss

the browns are just starting to climb the hump, they havent made it to the top of the hill yet so there are going to be some mistakes and some losses in the process......the trick is being patient enough to wait and being a supportive enough fan to realize the browns are turning around and not rip guys apart after every game

Jake has been washed up for four years. The only reason he is still in the league is because of his Super Bowl year when he played out of body.

I think they brought him as the vet to keep things from being embarrassing if Wallace proved BAD and McCoy proved not NFL caliber

It is clear McCoy is the best QB on the team and Jake is the worst

Let McCoy play now and get experience and think about who the other two QB's are next year and make sure Jake is not one of em

unfortunately hes the best option you guys have right now......if he wasnt, he wouldnt be playing.......mangini isnt some idiot that plays scrubs to prove a point

mangini is probably coaching for his job right now.......if he really thought mccoy would save his job dont you think he would be playing him instead? in all honesty, mangini knows what hes doing and if he thinks its the right move, you guys should trust him instead of second guessing every damn decision he makes after every loss

the browns are just starting to climb the hump, they havent made it to the top of the hill yet so there are going to be some mistakes and some losses in the process......the trick is being patient enough to wait and being a supportive enough fan to realize the browns are turning around and not rip guys apart after every game

Your right, Mangini is trying to save his job. So when he has to choose between using Delhomme and Wallace what do you think goes through his mind. Do I use the guy who was brought in to be a back up for the next 4-5 years and doesn't have more than a hand full of starts in his careet (Wallace) or do I use the guy that my boss said would be the clear starter this season, is paying him 7 million dollars, was so well liked that he was voted a team captain, and has started in the NFL for 7ish years. If Mangini was going of of skill and picking the one that would actually give our team the best chance to win, he would be going with Wallace. But no he is playing for his job so he is going with the guy who his boss is invested in the most.

Your right, Mangini is trying to save his job. So when he has to choose between using Delhomme and Wallace what do you think goes through his mind. Do I use the guy who was brought in to be a back up for the next 4-5 years and doesn't have more than a hand full of starts in his careet (Wallace) or do I use the guy that my boss said would be the clear starter this season, is paying him 7 million dollars, was so well liked that he was voted a team captain, and has started in the NFL for 7ish years. If Mangini was going of of skill and picking the one that would actually give our team the best chance to win, he would be going with Wallace. But no he is playing for his job so he is going with the guy who his boss is invested in the most.

or maybe.....and stay with me here because im afraid i'll lose you.......maybe delhomme is the better of the 2?

everybody likes to think that things are deeper and more complicated than they actually are. in reality football is simple. you play the guys that help you the most

its possible that mangini is only playing delhomme because holmgren told him too.....its possible there is a huge conspiracy that mangini just doesnt want to win yet

but then again.....why the hell would he do that if delhomme was going to cost him his job? why would he even risk it?

chances are that what mangini sees behind the scenes gives him a slightly better understanding of who should start than anyone on this forum. if you want to know who he thinks is the better player......watch the games and see who plays the most

i think its funny that finally the browns have a front office and coaching staff that doesnt roll over every time the fans cry for a new starter.....but all you guys can do is whine because he wont listen

finally the browns are starting to turn their team around and you guys still cant be happy about it. the browns have been bad for so long because they listen to the fans at the first sign of trouble.......now they have a guy smart enough to stick to his plan and you guys want his head

give it a rest.....there is a reason that cleveland gets laughed at around the rest of the league

give it a rest.....there is a reason that cleveland gets laughed at around the rest of the league

no we all think that the reason we get laughed at is because of soft chiggers like you, being a smurf troll. a couple of years from nowe when we're pushing around everyone int he AFC North people still won't believe it. but guess what ? we're here bitches!!!! and you won't be allowed to participate......HA THE FXXKIN HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delhomme better than Wallace???? Did you watch any of the games Wallace played in???? On this team, this season Wallace has looked light years better than Delhomme. The energy is better and the offense moves along smoother. Its obvious. And its obvious that the offense is wwwwaaayyyyy more conservative when Jake in there because they don't want him throwing a TD...................to the other team!

I agree that this loss and any remaining losses go on Holmgren as long as Jake starts. He basically told him he would be a starter to get him to sign a deal. So what is Mangini to do about it?

Delhomme better than Wallace???? Did you watch any of the games Wallace played in???? On this team, this season Wallace has looked light years better than Delhomme. The energy is better and the offense moves along smoother. Its obvious. And its obvious that the offense is wwwwaaayyyyy more conservative when Jake in there because they don't want him throwing a TD...................to the other team!

I agree that this loss and any remaining losses go on Holmgren as long as Jake starts. He basically told him he would be a starter to get him to sign a deal. So what is Mangini to do about it?

i believe the young core of players we have on both sides of the ball respond to colt more than some washed-up bum that they know is only playing for the money. let jake get railed and hauled off to the convalescene home and we then can get into a serious discussion about the young questions of the future with wallace and mccoy,

the only thing standing in the way of that (by the coaches) are all the balls flying their way onto the sideline or the vision of a defender returning your qb's pick for six.....UUUUHHHRRRRRPPPP! ala delhomme.

The best option "you guys have right now" obviously your not even a browns fan so don't sit here and talk to me about patience I've been a browns fan my whole life. And you dont have the slightest idea of what your talkiin about because he isn't the only "option" we have, mccoy is hurt that's why he's out.

Wallace's stats

63/100

63% completion rate

693 yards

4td's 2 ints

1 fumble

Delhommo stats

81/129

62.8% completion rate

786 yards

2tds and 6 ints!

2 fumbles

Let the stats speak for themselves! At this point id rather see kosar come out of retirement or hell even suit up ronald mcdonald to play over delhommo, now go slap your momma in the face for giving birth to you scrub!

yeah there are a couple of new quiffs on this board. but you know what.....who gives a shit. if every player and coach would do their job for an hour on sundays we'd be over .500 at this point. time to break out the leather (if you know what i mean)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delhomme is better than Wallace in some area's. Delhomme can spread the ball to more receivers, and he can throw a sideline ball which Wallace can't do to save his life. But I honestly think that Mangini is taking the fact that Delhomme spreads it around, is a captain, and was the starter at the beginning of the season into consideration more than he should when he is judging who to start. Delhomme has been doing better the past two games (the int came when he was hit on a pass) but he just holds onto it too long and when he does he can't escape pressure and by the time he finally looks down to his check down guys they are covered. One of the reasons that Colt and Wallace have done well is because they don't keep locked on to the first read too long. They look and if they are not open then or if they read that they aren't going to get open they immediately check down and the check down is actually open. Delhomme is quoted as saying that he doesn't like being a "Cathy Checkdown" and prefers to stick with his first read and throw to them more to try and make a play. I don't like to bitch on who the QB is alright, I want our team to be set and I want to support them after a lose but when you go a QB like Delhomme that is a huge reason why the team lost, then I feel like I have to right to vent and talk over WHY he is starting over someone who just gives us a better chance to win.

Yeah, you can't possibly watch both guys this year and conclude that Delhomme is better at this point. Wallace was playing excellent football when he got hurt. If both are healthy, I can't even begin to rationalize starting Delhomme. Just a bad, bad decision that might cost Mangini his job.

The best option "you guys have right now" obviously your not even a browns fan so don't sit here and talk to me about patience I've been a browns fan my whole life. And you dont have the slightest idea of what your talkiin about because he isn't the only "option" we have, mccoy is hurt that's why he's out.

Wallace's stats

63/100

63% completion rate

693 yards

4td's 2 ints

1 fumble

Delhommo stats

81/129

62.8% completion rate

786 yards

2tds and 6 ints!

2 fumbles

Let the stats speak for themselves! At this point id rather see kosar come out of retirement or hell even suit up ronald mcdonald to play over delhommo, now go slap your momma in the face for giving birth to you scrub!

funny.....it seems like the stats are pretty comparable.......not sure exactly what you are trying to prove other than jake has thrown more picks

jake has also thrown the ball more times and for more yardage and is still completing passes at the same rate as seneca was

not only that, but jake knows how to be a starter in this league and he is a lot more experienced than seneca.

you guys havent had a true starter for several years and your so used to the team flip flopping QBs that you seem to think its always the problem.......this time it isnt

this time there is a consistant starter and the coach isnt willing to hear all the bitching and moaning because hes smart enough to know that he knows more than us

so show me a couple more stats that favor seneca only slightly and then take into account the fact that mangini is much smarter than all of us in that regards and he knows what hes doing by starting jake

funny.....it seems like the stats are pretty comparable.......not sure exactly what you are trying to prove other than jake has thrown more picks

Are you seriously Retarded?

4TDs - 2 Int - 1 fumble

vs.

2 TDs - 6 Int - 2 fumbles

In what world are those comparable????

Zombo

Are you seriously Retarded?

4TDs - 2 Int - 1 fumble

vs.

2 TDs - 6 Int - 2 fumbles

In what world are those comparable????

Zombo

how many times do you think jake has been hit this season? id be willing to bet hes getting hit at a higher rate than seneca was too

id also be willing to bet that the WRs have dropped more jake passes than seneca passes too

you are pointing at a stat and saying "here look......proof" when was the last time seneca helped rebuild a team? when was the last time seneca played on a playoff team? when was the last time seneca played this season?

dudes job was to manage the game......just like colts........jake isnt a game manager, he is a game changer......along with his INTs, he has the ability to spread the ball around unlike any other QB on the roster

Archived