THE BROWNS BOARD

Delhomme the worst qb in the NFL

Soju

how many times do you think jake has been hit this season? id be willing to bet hes getting hit at a higher rate than seneca was too

id also be willing to bet that the WRs have dropped more jake passes than seneca passes too

you are pointing at a stat and saying "here look......proof" when was the last time seneca helped rebuild a team? when was the last time seneca played on a playoff team? when was the last time seneca played this season?

dudes job was to manage the game......just like colts........jake isnt a game manager, he is a game changer......along with his INTs, he has the ability to spread the ball around unlike any other QB on the roster

jake can spread it around. Trouble is, he has spread it to often to defenders. Couple this with a wr corp that gets no respect from defenders and a coaching staff that has lost confidence in Jakes abilities to

make plays and you are left with a severely limited QB.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how many times do you think jake has been hit this season? id be willing to bet hes getting hit at a higher rate than seneca was too

id also be willing to bet that the WRs have dropped more jake passes than seneca passes too

you are pointing at a stat and saying "here look......proof" when was the last time seneca helped rebuild a team? when was the last time seneca played on a playoff team? when was the last time seneca played this season?

dudes job was to manage the game......just like colts........jake isnt a game manager, he is a game changer......along with his INTs, he has the ability to spread the ball around unlike any other QB on the roster

I'm not sure what you are watching?

1. Wallace actually has a higher sack percentage which is probably due to knowing when to eat the ball instead of turning it over.

2. Game Changer? Delhomme has thrown for fewer TDS, a ton more Ints., Has a much lower YPC., a much much lower TD%, and has a rating that is 22 points lower.

These are facts, not opinions. Jake seems like a good guy and had some quality years in the past but it is painfully obvious that his days as a starting NFL QB are over. This post is actually my way of eating some crow as I thought he would bring some stability to the position and defended him as such in a few forums. I was wrong, very wrong.

Wow......just wow......jake is a game changer???? You really should take what the doctor prescribed for you because your seeing things that aren't really happening!!!

LMAO

I wouldn't laugh because that statement is actually true. Sadly I think it is what is keeping Delhomme that starter. The coaches say they want the ball thrown to who ever is open instead of trying to get a guy stats, but at the same time they want to see a guy like Robiskie get catches so they can justify in keeping him. Wallce doesn't spread the ball around, but he throws less picks, can escape pressure, and even though he only throws to 3 different guys, they are open when he throws it to them an he can actually get it to them. Being able to spread the ball should mean shit if your still throwing more TD's to the other team than you are to yours.

frankly guys, I think Delhomme and Wallace give us an equal chance to win. Seneca may be more mobile and extend plays, but to me he's very inaccurate when it comes to medium or long range throws, and can't really spread it around well. Delhomme can do that, but it's clear his skills are very diminished. I'd probably lean to starting Wallace after last week, but I don't think it really matters. The bottom line is TERRIBLE offensive play calling and the fact that no one outside watson understands how to get open severely limits this team, even with colt under center.

The thing that scared me the most about Delhomme is every time Hillis released from the back-field, he looked to him and threw. I don't know why that is, but it was becoming so obvious to the Bills in the second half. That just isn't acceptable play.

here's also my random tidbit from the game. Did anyone notice on both sides of the ball the refs were giving ridiculously favorable spots the whole game? I remember one play where Fred Jackson was easily a yard and a half short, and the side judge came and marked a first down, even motioning for the sticks to get moved. The other side judge looked baffled and marked the ball almost 2 yards behind his spot.

frankly guys, I think Delhomme and Wallace give us an equal chance to win. Seneca may be more mobile and extend plays, but to me he's very inaccurate when it comes to medium or long range throws, and can't really spread it around well. Delhomme can do that, but it's clear his skills are very diminished. I'd probably lean to starting Wallace after last week, but I don't think it really matters. The bottom line is TERRIBLE offensive play calling and the fact that no one outside watson understands how to get open severely limits this team, even with colt under center.

The thing that scared me the most about Delhomme is every time Hillis released from the back-field, he looked to him and threw. I don't know why that is, but it was becoming so obvious to the Bills in the second half. That just isn't acceptable play.

here's also my random tidbit from the game. Did anyone notice on both sides of the ball the refs were giving ridiculously favorable spots the whole game? I remember one play where Fred Jackson was easily a yard and a half short, and the side judge came and marked a first down, even motioning for the sticks to get moved. The other side judge looked baffled and marked the ball almost 2 yards behind his spot.

YES!! I noticed this too. It heppened a lot! In the first half, it was the official on the far side of the field... I have never seen this happen in a game so often. I felt like he was giving us terrible spots too, but I was probably just paranoid at that point. I figured if I brought this up no one would know what I was talking about but apparently I wasn't seeing things...

The Delhomme Watch Update:

Since the playoff game in 2008, Delhomme has thrown 11 TDs and 30 INTs in a little over two calendar years.

It's impossible to argue that there's a worse quarterback in the NFL in that time period. Those numbers are literally Leaf-ian. Just absolutely putrid.

I think very highly of Mike Holmgren, and frankly it looks like he may have taught me a lesson on Colt McCoy. But I would enjoy hearing his thoughts on signing Delhomme, naming him the starter, and playing him 7 mill. It's just very, very tough to rationalize.

This is your argument FOR Jake? That he's a statue?

Yes, I'll give you the fact that he's immobile, but the sad thing is he feels pressure even on plays where there is none.

He's shot.

Bury him.

Zombo

Not here to rub it in but I was singing this song when the Browns picked him up. The guy is awful but until McCoy is healthy do you even have another option? Is Wallace healthy? and isn't Ratlif still on the roster?

Not here to rub it in but I was singing this song when the Browns picked him up. The guy is awful but until McCoy is healthy do you even have another option? Is Wallace healthy? and isn't Ratlif still on the roster?

As far as I know, Homo, Wallace is reasonably healthy. He was active where McCoy could only have been put in if the other 2 were knocked out of the game. I also believe that Ratliff in on another team's roster. At least he was earlier in the season. Ratliff is no answer any more than Delhomme.

I'm not sure what you are watching?

1. Wallace actually has a higher sack percentage which is probably due to knowing when to eat the ball instead of turning it over.

but not more sacks.....and i wasnt talking about just sacks.....i was talking about pressures and hits too which is something that you just gave up on trying to prove wrong apparently. thats fine.....i didnt really expect a quality response

2. Game Changer? Delhomme has thrown for fewer TDS, a ton more Ints., Has a much lower YPC., a much much lower TD%, and has a rating that is 22 points lower.

and despite throwing more passes, he also has completed 63% of his passes.........his INTs are a result of the coaching staff having enough confidence in him to make the tougher throws. seneca and colt manage the game and try not to make mistakes.......jake tries to win games and the coaching staff has no problem letting him do that

i just love it how you guys cry for a new QB every year........now you are crying for a new QB that you havent seen in almost 10 weeks

The Delhomme Watch Update:

Since the playoff game in 2008, Delhomme has thrown 11 TDs and 30 INTs in a little over two calendar years.

It's impossible to argue that there's a worse quarterback in the NFL in that time period. Those numbers are literally Leaf-ian. Just absolutely putrid.

I think very highly of Mike Holmgren, and frankly it looks like he may have taught me a lesson on Colt McCoy. But I would enjoy hearing his thoughts on signing Delhomme, naming him the starter, and playing him 7 mill. It's just very, very tough to rationalize.

exactly. i agree 100%. the argument that holmgren fires mangini because of delhomme is laughable. will he then fire himself?

but not more sacks.....and i wasnt talking about just sacks.....i was talking about pressures and hits too which is something that you just gave up on trying to prove wrong apparently. thats fine.....i didnt really expect a quality response

You want quality? At least I added some sort of statistical proof to back up my claims. The reason you think Jake gets pressured so much is because he always feels heat even when it isn't there. This is part of his bad decision making process.

and despite throwing more passes, he also has completed 63% of his passes.........his INTs are a result of the coaching staff having enough confidence in him to make the tougher throws. seneca and colt manage the game and try not to make mistakes.......jake tries to win games and the coaching staff has no problem letting him do that

i just love it how you guys cry for a new QB every year........now you are crying for a new QB that you haven't seen in almost 10 weeks

If he is chucking it down the field so often how do you explain his YPA being a full yard lower and his YPC being 1.6 yards less. Hmmmm......could it be that you are wrong and just spouting nonsense? I won't even get into the adjusted yards but will say that gets even worse for your argument.

or maybe.....and stay with me here because im afraid i'll lose you.......maybe delhomme is the better of the 2?

everybody likes to think that things are deeper and more complicated than they actually are. in reality football is simple. you play the guys that help you the most

its possible that mangini is only playing delhomme because holmgren told him too.....its possible there is a huge conspiracy that mangini just doesnt want to win yet

but then again.....why the hell would he do that if delhomme was going to cost him his job? why would he even risk it?

chances are that what mangini sees behind the scenes gives him a slightly better understanding of who should start than anyone on this forum. if you want to know who he thinks is the better player......watch the games and see who plays the most

i think its funny that finally the browns have a front office and coaching staff that doesnt roll over every time the fans cry for a new starter.....but all you guys can do is whine because he wont listen

finally the browns are starting to turn their team around and you guys still cant be happy about it. the browns have been bad for so long because they listen to the fans at the first sign of trouble.......now they have a guy smart enough to stick to his plan and you guys want his head

give it a rest.....there is a reason that cleveland gets laughed at around the rest of the league

I can vouch firsthand that football is not nearly as cut and dry as you make it out to be. I played college football, and I play semi-professional football and even in these minor leagues it's nothing but politics. So it's very safe to assume that the behind-closed-door politics is amplified tenfold in the NFL., especially since it's involving millions of dollars of the owners money. As a matter of fact, it's almost ridiculous not to assume that.

But you can go ahead and assume that it's all handshakes and verbal contracts.

It's very highly possible that Delhomme is starting because the FO's got a large chunk of money invested in him. In all honesty, with the way he's been playing that's probably exactly what is going on. It happens more often than not, coaches are going to endorse the starter to show faith in them whether or not they actually deserve it. It's been said over and over again "A starter never loses his job due to injury". Jake got injured, Seneca got injured, Colt played well. Then Jake gets fully cleared the same week that Colt puts on a walking boot. I'm interested to see who would have started if Colt didn't hurt himself the previous week. My money's on Jake, Mangini never fully endorsed Colt as the starter throughout the whole process.

We know how Mangini loved to flip-flop QB's last year. You can bet your bottom dollar Holmgren came in and changed that. You can say all you want "Holmgren's only the president, he has no coaching influence", but you know damn well that's not true. He's Mangini's boss, and he said "I'd stop this flip flopping business, if I were you." And Mangini's smart enough to get it. He's toeing the company line, and the company line runs right out of Holmgren's mouth.

Seneca has more physical skill than Delhomme. But Delhomme is getting the starter money, and Delhomme is the one who's going to get first dibs. Especially at the end of his career, because let's face it... these are probably his last three games.

I can't pretend to like it, but it's the truth. It's that simple.

You want quality? At least I added some sort of statistical proof to back up my claims. The reason you think Jake gets pressured so much is because he always feels heat even when it isn't there. This is part of his bad decision making process.

If he is chucking it down the field so often how do you explain his YPA being a full yard lower and his YPC being 1.6 yards less. Hmmmm......could it be that you are wrong and just spouting nonsense? I won't even get into the adjusted yards but will say that gets even worse for your argument.

a whole yard? no way....you're telling me that a whole yard means seneca is that much better of a QB?

no wonder you guys always think you need a new QB......because you actually believe all this nonsense that comes out of your mouth

a yard difference is nothing.....it means nothing.......it means that you are using ridiculous numbers to try and prove a point without takin reality and immeasurables into account

you are making up something about jake feeling pressure when there isnt any.....maybe because he gets hit so much? when his receivers suck and his line doesnt like to hold blocks for him, its easy to see how you would want to get rid of the ball a little quicker

getting rid of the ball quicker means several things......it means you are predictable, it means WRs cant get farther downfield.....and it means the WRs have less time to get open

something that can help explain the lower yards per attempt. it also means that teams respect jake as a passer. jake gets the tougher looks...the tighter coverage....and more pressure to try and force mistakes. seneca and colt are just there......they are on the field but they really dont do anything to help win games other than the occassional 3rd down pass

teams dont have to account for colt or seneca....but they do for jake

.......jake tries to win games and the coaching staff has no problem letting him do that

Haha seriously! He's TRYING to win? Have you actually watched any of the games he's played in bubba? Seriously I wanna know?! In order to win games you Rtard you have to move the chains, as simple as that we can all agree on that...and just how do you move the chains when its 3rd and 16 and you throw a 3yard pass? He's been playin like that all year dildo mouth!

And I think your not takin into consideration that delhomme has way more playing time then wallace. And don't you find that odd that wallace has about 93yards less and delhomme has thrown the ball 47 more times!

Let me show you this again incase your eyes didn't see last time

Wallace

163 passing attempts

693 yards

Delhomme

210 passing attempts

786 yards

And wallace still has more touchdowns and less interceptions all while taking a lot less snaps! If you can't understand that then go crawl back to the little dark cave you reside in you silly little troll.

Haha seriously! He's TRYING to win? Have you actually watched any of the games he's played in bubba? Seriously I wanna know?! In order to win games you Rtard you have to move the chains, as simple as that we can all agree on that...and just how do you move the chains when its 3rd and 16 and you throw a 3yard pass? He's been playin like that all year dildo mouth!

And I think your not takin into consideration that delhomme has way more playing time then wallace. And don't you find that odd that wallace has about 93yards less and delhomme has thrown the ball 47 more times!

Let me show you this again incase your eyes didn't see last time

Wallace

163 passing attempts

693 yards

Delhomme

210 passing attempts

786 yards

And wallace still has more touchdowns and less interceptions all while taking a lot less snaps! If you can't understand that then go crawl back to the little dark cave you reside in you silly little troll.

lol no way.....more passing attempts and more yardage? now why dont we look a little deeper into these stats..........

pass defenses that jake has played

tampa bay 11th

atlanta 24th

carolina 10th

miami 6th

buffalo 4th

pass defenses that seneca has played

kansas city 22nd

baltimore 12th

cincy 15th

atlanta 24th

and.....the only game that they both got significant playing time.....against atlanta. seneca went down right before half time and didnt return and hasnt played since. but one significant fact from that game is although they both played nearly the exact same amount of time in that game, the browns passed the ball almost 10 more times with jake at QB

10 more attempts in a half is a huge number considering the game was still close until there was only 4 minutes left in the game

his line doesnt like to hold blocks for him

Haha did I just seriously read that?! Lmao......you have obviously bumped your head on somthing! So what your trying to say is that the offensive line just doesn't feel like blocking for him?.......yeah that makes a lot of sense...hey guys let's risk our jobs and just not block for delhomme today.

Haha did I just seriously read that?! Lmao......you have obviously bumped your head on somthing! So what your trying to say is that the offensive line just doesn't feel like blocking for him?.......yeah that makes a lot of sense...hey guys let's risk our jobs and just not block for delhomme today.

no....ur a moron....that is not at all what i said

in fact im a little upset with myself that i even acknowleged ur garbage response

Hey cantonreject how can you account for him having more touchdowns and less picks?

And I'm still curious to know how many browns games have you actually watched this year from beginning to end?

Well that's exactly what you typed......his line doesn't like to hold blocks for him.........so they just pick and choose who they are gonna block for? Maybe you should think before you type instead of just rambling obvious nonsense...o wait then you would have to actually have a brain inside that 20 pound pumpkin on top ofyour shoulders

i just love it how you guys cry for a new QB every year........now you are crying for a new QB that you havent seen in almost 10 weeks

There's a difference between Delhomme feeling pressure and actual pressure. There's been quite a few plays this season where Jake has had a comfortable pocket and has still panicked and thrown a checkdown pass or tried to put a pass somewhere it should never go. He's feeling paranoid, almost.

He's also trying to make tougher throws that a 12 year veteran should know not to make with 1-2 year WR's with little to no experience. Frankly, I think everyone and their mother expected Jake to rely on Ben Watson every play, but that's not been the case. Kudos to Daboll for taking away a QB's comfort player.

This argument about one player trying not to make mistakes while the other is trying to win is nonsense. If playing to win the game means throwing errant passes into double coverage or waiting 6 seconds to throw to a checkdown factorback on a little dump off pass, I'll take the player trying "not to make mistakes". I'd take Colt's 76 yards, 0 TD's and 0 INT's in a win over your precious Aints rather than Jake's 227 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT's in a loss to the Yuckaneers any day of the week. We don't have a powerful enough offense to be giving the ball to the other team. That's not playing to win, that's making bad decisions.

Just shut your fuxking mouth already, you've proven not only to be a troll, but an uneducated one at that. You dig yourself in deeper holes every time you post, just go the fuxk away and root for the Saints. I never thought I'd see a fairweather Brown fan, but thanks for proving me wrong. I'll eat crow on that one. You're not garnering any respect by saying you were a Browns fan, or whatever nonsense you spout forth everytime you try and make a valid response. Your arguments are ridiculous, you quote "stats" that merely work against whatever assinine point you were trying to make, and then you try and make other people look dumb because they don't agree with you. It doesn't work, you're a dick.

You're a frak, and a fairweather Browns fan. That's a double whammy.

Just shut your fuxking mouth already, you've proven not only to be a troll, but an uneducated one at that. You dig yourself in deeper holes every time you post, just go the fuxk away and root for the Saints. I never thought I'd see a fairweather Brown fan, but thanks for proving me wrong. I'll eat crow on that one. You're not garnering any respect by saying you were a Browns fan, or whatever nonsense you spout forth everytime you try and make a valid response. Your arguments are ridiculous, you quote "stats" that merely work against whatever assinine point you were trying to make, and then you try and make other people look dumb because they don't agree with you. It doesn't work, you're a dick.

Nicely done somebody needed to shut that dog faced troll up.....but somethin tells me that stupidity can't grasp defeat

There's a difference between Delhomme feeling pressure and actual pressure. There's been quite a few plays this season where Jake has had a comfortable pocket and has still panicked and thrown a checkdown pass or tried to put a pass somewhere it should never go. He's feeling paranoid, almost.

He's also trying to make tougher throws that a 12 year veteran should know not to make with 1-2 year WR's with little to no experience. Frankly, I think everyone and their mother expected Jake to rely on Ben Watson every play, but that's not been the case. Kudos to Daboll for taking away a QB's comfort player.

This argument about one player trying not to make mistakes while the other is trying to win is nonsense. If playing to win the game means throwing errant passes into double coverage or waiting 6 seconds to throw to a checkdown factorback on a little dump off pass, I'll take the player trying "not to make mistakes". I'd take Colt's 76 yards, 0 TD's and 0 INT's in a win over your precious Aints rather than Jake's 227 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT's in a loss to the Yuckaneers any day of the week. We don't have a powerful enough offense to be giving the ball to the other team. That's not playing to win, that's making bad decisions.

the WRs suck.....how do you expect any QB for this team to play with them? but rather than put the blame where it should be, you're going to put it on the shoulders of your starting QB.....AGAIN

how many QBs have started for the browns over the past 15 years? eventually you are going to realize that its not the QB all the time.....but after that many years of making the same mistakes im not so sure anymore.......you guys will just keep blaming the QB......the coach will panick when his job is on the line and listen to the moronic fans and he'll flip flop QBs again

its inevitable unless you guys actually start supporting your team

aww i was so close to actually respecting your responses. you were the only one coming back with reasonable posts.........and then this

im wondering what you have to say about the tougher pass defenses that jake has played against compared to seneca.

you guys are also super defensive when it comes to criticism unless it comes from a guy who has been here for millions of years. it just so happens that im not hating on the browns......im supporting them....but you're too ignorant to realize it

no wonder lebron left.....no wonder modell moved the team. cleveland is just big enough to carry a market for sports teams and just dumb enough to run them right out again

maybe they'll prove me wrong but this thread just proves my points further

Hey cantonreject how can you account for him having more touchdowns and less picks?

weaker pass defenses......a few of jakes picks were tipped at the line of scrimmage or dropped by the WRs......not really his fault

And I'm still curious to know how many browns games have you actually watched this year from beginning to end?

almost all of them aside from the ones that i miss while im working

Well that's exactly what you typed......his line doesn't like to hold blocks for him

that is exactly what i typed......but your explanation and understanding of what i was actually saying is severly lacking

.........so they just pick and choose who they are gonna block for?

the linemen dont "pick and choose" who they block for

a whole yard? no way....you're telling me that a whole yard means seneca is that much better of a QB?

no wonder you guys always think you need a new QB......because you actually believe all this nonsense that comes out of your mouth

a yard difference is nothing.....it means nothing.......it means that you are using ridiculous numbers to try and prove a point without takin reality and immeasurables into account

you are making up something about jake feeling pressure when there isnt any.....maybe because he gets hit so much? when his receivers suck and his line doesnt like to hold blocks for him, its easy to see how you would want to get rid of the ball a little quicker

getting rid of the ball quicker means several things......it means you are predictable, it means WRs cant get farther downfield.....and it means the WRs have less time to get open

something that can help explain the lower yards per attempt. it also means that teams respect jake as a passer. jake gets the tougher looks...the tighter coverage....and more pressure to try and force mistakes. seneca and colt are just there......they are on the field but they really dont do anything to help win games other than the occassional 3rd down pass

teams dont have to account for colt or seneca....but they do for jake

Yes, a whole yard. Seeing as the leader of the NFL is 8.81, 1.0 is actually quite a huge differential. However, that isn't my only proof that Wallace >>>>>>>>>Delhomme as exhibited by the many other stats that you choose to ignore. I'll keep on dealing with facts and reality while you are working with fairy tales.

Back to the D&D game in the basement.

Didn't we beat your team?

D and D huh? man you sure are good at these comeback things.....its like you invented the next great part of speech

you spanked my team up and down......now back to the original topic of this thread eh?

you guys are really struggling to show anything worth pointing out and your using stats without looking at the bigger picture to show "proof"

your proof is only in your eyes because nobody else thinks seneca or colt for that matter is the best option for ur team.....ONLY BROWNS FANS

Archived