THE BROWNS BOARD

Defense got beat like a Red Headed Stepchild

ATENEARS

Bob, let's meet for beers for the 4'o'clock games ... Where?

Sorry man....I'm on the computer at my in-laws. Having dinner here, won't be back to Berea until later.

Well after the first drive the offense too died till late in the fourth quarter. Dont tell me nobody saw any 3 and outs .....

I saw the 3 & outs, that sucked too.

When you are the son of Buddy Ryan, you were taught to attack the QB. It gets real frustrating watching our defense get virtually no pressure up front. I think our D game plans have been too vanilla since the Pats game.

How come when I watch the Steelers they are off the ball right when it's snapped and when the browns come off the ball they stand straight up. Hell out blitzs hit the line and if there is someone in the way they stand there and shuffle their feet until the play is over. Run you ass in there and attack someone, don't sit back and play pick up sticks to see who goes in for the first hit, I want five xxxxing people trying to make the tackle at the same time. Pussies.

I really have to put today's loss on the D as well. Cinci ran all over us & that 1st down run with time running out made me ill. We had linebackers BEYOND the sticks waiting for the runner....how is THAT stopping them?.....That was the GAME! Without that stop, they run out the clock & that's what they were able to do.

Mike

We lost the rushing battle 188-59, Fujita wouldn't have mattered that much. Last six games our defense has given up an avg of 160 yds rushing per game, try and find an NFL team that gives up 160 yds rushing and still wins the game. Everyone is bashing Daboll, but with this kind of rush defense we are going to lose most games with Peyton Manning as our QB and Bill Walsh calling our offensive plays. Ryan is overrrated, but this is on Mangini.

Our D has been getting pushed around all season, but that was one of the worst performances i've seen so far.

We only forced one punt the entire game- and that was in the 4th quarter! What a joke.

Unfortunately for us, i think Rob Ryan just flunked a major HC audition.

getting away from all the Ryan talk (I do agree he did a terrible job today), it should be very clear that outside of WR the biggest need for this team is DL help. Almost every run our guys were getting literally man-handled. I'm too lazy to look it up but i'd love to see the YPC for the bengals. I'd have to guess it'd be around 5 or 6, which is just unacceptable. It's a bad loss, but hopefully this off-season we can shore up that line cause we need MAJOR upgrade.

TOP speaks the story of the game, plain and simple.

The bungals owned our defense today any way you want to slice it or dice it, the whole team looks like its letting up as the season winds down...

I was thinking that the team was playing the way they were because they new that changes were coming... Who knows.. But our D was horrible.

Remember this game when discussing first-round picks. I've believed for a long time the first-round need is DL not WR.

I'd much rather see Fairley or Dareus in brown and orange.. we can pick up Baldwin from Pitt in round 2.

Anyone coming into Free Agency that would be a good potential pick up.

Yes, the fact is our entire D-Line and Linebacking corps, to me, seem like a bunch of ham and eggers. That is, they are just mediocre as hell.

There is no Urlacher type, or Ray Lewis type, or Clay Matthews III type, or....dare I say, no James Harrison type. there will be occasional flashes, but overall they are too mediocre.

So, do we really think the guys that were missing yesterday are all that significant: Bowens, Fujita.....even count D'Qwell Jackson if he is still even on the roster?

Archived