THE BROWNS BOARD

You might be a Steelers fan if.........

longhorn

Again, ask this simple hypothetical question:

Does anyone here think the Steelers fan base would be as avid as the Browns fan base is now if the Steelers had a dozen years of piss poor performance on the field?

and i'll reply to your question with a question.

what on god's green earth make you think the Steelers ever WOULD suck (like your team has) for a dozen years or more?

in the modern era of free agency you have the ability to turn around a woeful franchise in 3 or less years.

don't you think the Steelers would be able to do the same? do you really think our FO would LET something like 12yrs of bad football happen?

nope.

but anyway, to answer you........i think we would lose some "fans". your typical bandwagon/casual fan. you know the ones...................don't mind if they miss all or part of a game..........don't know the starting players names.................don't watch unless they're in the playoffs...............root for any team from their hometown no matter the sport when their winning.

don't act like you don't know what i'm talking about..........if you need an example just look at your cavs.

hardcore fans never go away, and we've got plenty of those in pittsburgh and around the world.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have come here every day this season and posted whenever i felt like it, but since the playoffs have started i don't deviate from my routine at all.

Your Routine:

1. Wake up and eat sh*t for breakfast.

2. Troll the George Michael message boards for possible restroom hookups.

3. Eat sh*t for lunch.

4. Have a restroom hookup.

5. Troll the Browns Board looking for restroom hookups.

6. Eat sh*t for dinner.

7. Go to sleep and dream of restroom hookups.

And no, I'm not interested.

and i'll reply to your question with a question.

what on god's green earth make you think the Steelers ever WOULD suck (like your team has) for a dozen years or more?

What is it about the word "Hypothetical" that you don't understand? Yes, I know that word is far above the intellectual level of all but a few Steeler fans, but I was hoping we might have a few of them on here (truly, I didn't expect you to be one of them.

But to answer your question: the reason I think it, is because it will happen sometime. That is not a prediction, it is a fact. When? I don't know. Sometime.)

in the modern era of free agency you have the ability to turn around a woeful franchise in 3 or less years.

don't you think the Steelers would be able to do the same? do you really think our FO would LET something like 12yrs of bad football happen?

nope.

What makes you think that any organization "lets" 12 years of bad football happen? (except maybe the Bengals). It happens despite their best efforts.

but anyway, to answer you........i think we would lose some "fans". your typical bandwagon/casual fan. you know the ones...................don't mind if they miss all or part of a game..........don't know the starting players names.................don't watch unless they're in the playoffs...............root for any team from their hometown no matter the sport when their winning.

don't act like you don't know what i'm talking about..........if you need an example just look at your cavs.

hardcore fans never go away, and we've got plenty of those in pittsburgh and around the world.

Ahh, see here, your small mind doesn't get the distinction. There are 3 basic kinds of fans.

Fan type A. The true, hard core fan. The fan that, YES, would stick with their team even if they had a dozen piss poor years. I believe you when you say that you have plenty in Pittsburgh and some around the world, though I believe that they deserve the opportunity to display how hardcore they are, as you claim..

Fan Type B. What you describe above. The Fairweather fan. The Casual/bandwagon as you say. The ones that pay attention basically only when the team from their town is winning. And of course I know what you are talking about. I essentially invented the classification system. Yes, the Cavs had them, the Indians had them when they were winning.

They are fans of a team when they are winning....but, they are not like the Type C fans in that they won't switch their allegiances at the drop of the hat.

Fan Type C. The FRAK. The FrontRunnerAssKisser fan. The fan whose loyalty is essentially for sale. They will root for the winning teams, but switch allegiances when they find that that winning team is no longer successful.

The Steeler fan base is replete with those types right now in my opinion. Another example recently were the Chicago Bulls. You saw Bulls jackets everywhere. As soon as Jordan left, all those jackets ended up in the Salvation Army bins, only to be replaced by Lakers jackets. The Yankees probably have the biggest pile of FRAKs on the planet, maybe followed by the Cowboys, the Steelers, the Celtics.

If the Steelers suffer a few years of bad play, the FRAKS that follow them will run like rats off a sinking ship, just like all those FRAKs of the Bulls ran. (some of them may have even likely run over to the Cavs when they got LeBron)

Yet here you are, on the Browns board, completely obsessed and infatuated with what Browns fans are discussing post-season

and what are the browns fans discussing post season?????????????????

"you might be a Steeler fan if...................."

you're a REAL munson!

Thurman?

He was a Browns fan from Canton.

nope, Roy E. Munson.

think he used to be a bowler or something, look him up.

Again, ask this simple hypothetical question:

Does anyone here think the Steelers fan base would be as avid as the Browns fan base is now if the Steelers had a dozen years of piss poor performance on the field?

Avid ...yes... Whiny ? I dont know for sure ... i would hope not. But that doesn't Change that it is sad right now. The Steeler Fan base will always be avid. You are fooling yourself if you think not.

and what are the browns fans discussing post season?????????????????

"you might be a Steeler fan if...................."

you're a REAL munson!

the Chicken or the Egg ?? You dont want us here ...stop obsessively Talking about our team. Its REAL Simple. I pop over here in the Dead of the Off-season... and sometimes you guys aint talking BS about Pittsburgh that week , admittedly not often. But when thats the case... i look around and Leave. Unless you have a real interesting discussion on their things. I may add something. Seriously its real easy... shhhhh .

Avid ...yes... Whiny ? I dont know for sure ... i would hope not. But that doesn't Change that it is sad right now. The Steeler Fan base will always be avid. You are fooling yourself if you think not.

I believe you are right, to a point. The true Steeler fans (like you I assume and a plethora like you) would still always be avid even after a protracted losing era, however, what we see that perhaps you don't is the fact that so many of the people that claim currency with the Steelers will in fact run off to the greener pastures of a more successful team given the chance.

These are the FRAKs which the Steeler fan base is replete with. Perhaps those FRAKs would even become "Browns fans" if the Browns started winning.

the Chicken or the Egg ?? You dont want us here ...stop obsessively Talking about our team. Its REAL Simple. I pop over here in the Dead of the Off-season... and sometimes you guys aint talking BS about Pittsburgh that week , admittedly not often. But when thats the case... i look around and Leave. Unless you have a real interesting discussion on their things. I may add something. Seriously its real easy... shhhhh .

exactly! this place wouldn't be NEARLY as attractive to me if it didn't post more Steeler related threads on this MB than some STEELER MBs do in the offseason.

go to a Steeler MB around may-june and what is everyone talking about? alot of crap not related to the Steelers (canadian football, their kids football teams, typical offseason BS).

go to this Browns MB around may-june and what is everyone talking about? the Steelers. why they suck, why they don't suck, why they cheat, how they're gonna be in a decline, how the Steelers are gonna finish last in the division for the next 10yrs, how the Steelers draft.

hell, you guys were so interested in talking about Steelers and Pittsburgh related stuff that i actually had a running conversation with some of you over the summer about Pittsburgh's air quality and who's fault it is.

so as much as you guys act like you hate on us, it's pretty obvious we're #1 on you minds even before your own team.

I believe you are right, to a point. The true Steeler fans (like you I assume and a plethora like you) would still always be avid even after a protracted losing era, however, what we see that perhaps you don't is the fact that so many of the people that claim currency with the Steelers will in fact run off to the greener pastures of a more successful team given the chance.

These are the FRAKs which the Steeler fan base is replete with. Perhaps those FRAKs would even become "Browns fans" if the Browns started winning.

exactly, so you're agreeing with me that the Steeler's fanbase is no worse than any extremely successful franchise's fanbase is.

good that that's finally been worked out.

exactly! this place wouldn't be NEARLY as attractive to me if it didn't post more Steeler related threads on this MB than some STEELER MBs do in the offseason.

go to a Steeler MB around may-june and what is everyone talking about? alot of crap not related to the Steelers (canadian football, their kids football teams, typical offseason BS).

go to this Browns MB around may-june and what is everyone talking about? the Steelers. why they suck, why they don't suck, why they cheat, how they're gonna be in a decline, how the Steelers are gonna finish last in the division for the next 10yrs, how the Steelers draft.

hell, you guys were so interested in talking about Steelers and Pittsburgh related stuff that i actually had a running conversation with some of you over the summer about Pittsburgh's air quality and who's fault it is.

so as much as you guys act like you hate on us, it's pretty obvious we're #1 on you minds even before your own team.

exactly, so you're agreeing with me that the Steeler's fanbase is no worse than any extremely successful franchise's fanbase is.

good that that's finally been worked out.

Perhaps. It is impossible obviously to quantify something like that. I do know that around here anyway, there are lots and lots of FRAKS among the Steeler fan base. People that "adopt" the Steelers simply because they have been doing good and because tthey possess a psychosis of "contraryism", that is, they will "root" for the primary rival of the team that the majority of people around them root for. Its not that they are all in favor of the Steelers, just that they are against...in this case, The Browns, that most people are for.

The rooster came first ... then he smoked a cig while the chicken made him a sandwich.

The Browns fans came first to the The Browns Board ... then the neediest, most insecure, of the Steeler fans came here to troll.

They feel it's their job. Kinda like that sandwich-making hen.

Zombo

The rooster came first ... then he smoked a cig while the chicken made him a sandwich.

The Browns fans came first to the The Browns Board ... then the neediest, most insecure, of the Steeler fans came here to troll.

Zombo

yeah, the browns fan's came first and immediately started talking about the Steelers. the Steeler fans (like i did) probably decided to pop over on any given week and found out that there is more Steeler talk going on here than there is browns talk and decided to stay for awhile.

quit having Steeler fever on this board if you'd really like to not hear from that many Steeler fans.

i would say you were right if it weren't for the fact that 90% of Steeler related topics on this forum are started by browns fans, not Steeler fans.

90% of Steeler related topics on this forum are started by browns fans, not Steeler fans.

true dat. but listen.....not all of us are choppin our way into pittsburgh with a pit bull in the side car. congrats on making it to the big dance (once again). sorry it didn't work out for you guys this time.

that said, this post probably would have died a thousand deaths if not for you steeler faithful that keep bring it back to life. -peace.

true dat. but listen.....not all of us are choppin our way into pittsburgh with a pit bull in the side car. congrats on making it to the big dance (once again). sorry it didn't work out for you guys this time.

that said, this post probably would have died a thousand deaths if not for you steeler faithful that keep bring it back to life. -peace.

Very True... but I am Sure that was You guys Intent ALL Along...LOL !

Zombo

this. i hear these crybaby pittsburgh fans always whining that all browns fans do on this board is hate on the steelers. well, i just scrolled back to page 10 to see exactly how many pittsburgh threads were started by browns fans just to test their claim. out of all the threads there were in the last 10 pages alone, there were 5 that i saw and out of those 5, one was started by a steeler fan. out of the four that were started by a browns fan, two of them were "hate" threads. the other two were more so posting of articles or topics started elsewhere. my point is that this whole thing is being blown out of proportion and as you said, it wouldn't go on as much as it does if it weren't for the steeler fan police squad who seem obsessed with arguing with anything anti-steelers on this cleveland browns board. these guys have ocd in the worst way.

i'm on record for saying some of the comments made by some browns fans in these alleged threads are immature or just comments made out of anger from steeler fans constantly ragging our team and telling us what we already know. but why continue to argue like this with browns fans on a browns board? how much sense does one have to join a rivals board and lash out when someone rips on your team? sensitive much? the rooneys paying you for the time logged in defending their team? if your skin is that thin, go to cleveland.com or clevelandbrowns.com and just read articles to get your info. i do just fine with collecting info on the browns afcn rivals without having to go to or engage into arguements with ravens, bengals and steeler fans on their boards. it's not my style and arguing like that is lame as hell.

Archived