THE BROWNS BOARD

Matt Williamson on DA

WPB Dawg Fan

Guest ATENEARS
I said on a different post that he needs to have 5 good to great games out of 10, not 1. He needs to have 3 managed games out of 10, not 2. He needs to have only 2 poor games out of 10, not 7 or 8. He has to improve, no doubt. But it seems that the coaching staff is behind him and I have to believe it is for a reason.

Well, you got my thinking about 10-game intervals, or even five game intervals, so I broke down the following;

In DA's last 5 games he's 3-2

In DA's last 10 games he's 5-5

In DA's last 15 games he's 8-7

In DA's last 20 games he's 12-8

In DA's only 22 games he's 13-9

Is that really that bad, compared to what this franchise was turning out prior to his arrival, which was:

5 games prior to DA startings 0-5

10 games prior to DA startings 2-8

15 games prior to DA startings 4-11

20 games prior to DA startings 6-14

22 games prior to DA startings 6-16

DA has almost as many wins in his last 10 starts (which some here will say were horrible) as the Browns had in their last 20 games prior to him taking over as a starter.

Our defense wasn't anything to write home about last season and has just begun to come-on this season. However, oppositions have scored 20-points or over on our marginal defense over the past 22-games (11) times. Our DA-lead Offense has scored over 20-points or more against opposing defenses (15) times in those same 22 games.

We've never lost back-to-back games until the start of this season where we lost 3-straight to Dallas, Pittsburgh & at Baltimore. We won 3-straight during mid-season last year, and have won back-to-back games 5-times under Anderson.

We've outscored our opponents 496-471 with DA at the helm.

We are 3-1 in our last four games and he's averaged 87% QB rating in that span, not throwing an INT in the last three games. (imagine his rating had Winslow, Steptoe & Heiden all didn't get stopped on the 1-yardline in the past two games)

Not a single stat above shows that he is worst than he is good. Every stat and record comes out on top. Compare that to any streak since 1999. It ain't like the kid came in and took over the Super Bowl Champs and made them mediocre.

I think it is a pretty dame solid start for a young career. Has it been perfect? Heck no, but certainly not headed for the scrap heap either.

Add in a Pro Bowl appearance, and single season records set by his receivers.

We have improved ... greatly improved.

If Brady Quinn can turn a 13-9 record into a 18-4 record out of the gate than he is worth looking into, but at this point that seems merely impossible. It's DA that has a better shot at continued improvements with his added experience.

DA's our starter, the past mess since our expansion is finally behind us.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DEFENSE has given up 20+ points:

Last 5 games: 1x (and that was a game where ZERO drives started on the far side of the 50)

Last 10 games: 2x

In fact, we only gave up 20+ by the DEFENSE 2x in the past 13 games!!! And 14 or less 6 times during that span!!!

So, who is responsible for those wins???

The fact is, DA has NOT HAD 2 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS OF AN 80+ QBR IN HIS ENTIRE PROFESSIONAL CAREER!!!

That is the epitome of inconsistent!

Last 5 games: 1x (and that was a game where ZERO drives started on the far side of the 50)

In fact, we only gave up 20+ by the DEFENSE 2x in the past 13 games!!! And 14 or less 6 times during that span!!!

Remember when Flugels was writing daily odes to Kyle Orton a few seasons ago because all he did was win? I agree, you cannot judge a QB in a vacuum based only upon team wins and losses. Sticking with your below average QB for fear of making a change because your D is keeping you in games is insane.

Guest ATENEARS
Remember when Flugels was writing daily odes to Kyle Orton a few seasons ago because all he did was win? I agree, you cannot judge a QB in a vacuum based only upon team wins and losses. Sticking with your below average QB for fear of making a change because your D is keeping you in games is insane.

Big Difference!

The Bears Offense was ranked 26th in pts & 29th in yards, while the Defense was 1st & 2nd.

The Browns Offense was ranked 8th in pts and 8th in yards, while the Defense was 21st & 30th.

DA must be the luckiest guy in the World, first the easy schedule carries him, and now the defense ... wonder where such luck was the fisrt 7 years back.

Guest ATENEARS

The fact is, DA has NOT HAD 2 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS OF AN 80+ QBR IN HIS ENTIRE PROFESSIONAL CAREER!!!

Congrats Dan ... you showed our defense is superior!

Our Defense is so great, I almost hate to bring up the fact that they have allowed 150+ yards on the ground in 4 of our 7 games this season, where we are still trying to crack that milestone with our own running game which is obviously hampered by DA ... somehow.

Good points, but I don't quite see it that way. For one thing, they don't know what they have in Quinn until he plays, period. Practice is not games, they are controlled with no pass rush and no forcing the QB to make plays.

If they didn't know what they had in him in practice they sure as shit knew what they had in his "breakout" game of his career in the motor city. It was a stellar performance against the powerhouse Detroilet Loins where Quinn directed a full two drives beyond the midfield stripe in only 3 qtrs of play.

Lumfreddy, you never watched the Detroilet game, remember?

Even if you did on DVR of something, I can name about 15 games that DA has played worse than Quinn that day with half the roster. Wanna play?

Good points, but I don't quite see it that way. For one thing, they don't know what they have in Quinn until he plays, period. Practice is not games, they are controlled with no pass rush and no forcing the QB to make plays.

If they didn't know what they had in him in practice they sure as shit knew what they had in his "breakout" game of his career in the motor city. It was a stellar performance against the powerhouse Detroilet Loins where Quinn directed a full two drives beyond the midfield stripe in only 3 qtrs of play.

You're still here?

Guest ATENEARS

Eli Manning and Derek Anderson had very similar stats last season (if not DA's was slightly better). The Giants won the Super Bowl and the Browns missed out of the playoffs.

Why?

Could the Giants Super Bowl run and 6-1 record this season have something to do with the Giants rushing for over 150-yrds in a game 9-times, to their opponents matching that feat just once? While the Browns opponents have reached that feat 8-times to the Browns gaining 150+ on the ground just 4 times in 23 games (all wins btw)?

There is more to this game than QB'ing. You might think this Defense is good but it isn't that good. And your images of Jamal Lewis are from yester-year when he was wearing purple. Joe Thomas is a great guy and he might be able to pass block, but no one thinks of the Browns as being scary in the three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust role (well, maybe the 3-yards part). Kellen Winslwo might have good hands, but ain't a blocking TE, etc.. (we have more problems than DA).

Every loss is pinned on DA and each win is discounted, but the stats I've put up show almost the opposite. The passing game has come out favorably compared to our opponents:

Last 10 games, our opponents passing yards: 1770

Last 10 games, the Browns passing yards: 1820

And the Running game or Run Defense have all yeilded to our opponents:

Last 10 games, our opponents rushing yards: 1366

Last 10 games, the Browns rushing yards: 1158

I don't want to even look up Time of Possesion on this "Bend-but-don't-be-blamed" Defense.

I'm not saying our running game sucks, or our defense sucks, or that DA is great. I'm saying that most arguments are hollow without including all three together along with many, many other factors.

Seriously, it wasn't like the preseason game versus Detroit was some kind o meltdown. He was just okay.

The bottom line on Quinn/DA from insider talk is this: Anderson has not earned his bonus yet. If he remains inconsistent this season, the Browns will commit to Quinn and move DA, period. Quinn will be even more analogous with Phil Rivers, handed the reins after two years of watching.

What would it take for Quinn to step in THIS year? Simple: two bad game in a row by Anderson... or realistically falling out of the playoff race. Whichever comes first.

The Browns committed to Anderson for 2008. They firmly believed he deserved a chance to build on 2007 and show that he could put 16 games together, not 9. To date, he hasn't lived up to that hope.

What would Anderson have to do to make the Browns believe they could go to a Super Bowl and maybe win it with him at quarterback?

Simple again: Play consistently well, week after week after week. He's yet to play two good games in a row, let alone three, so that's still ahead of him. These next two home games against Baltimore and Denver are HUGE for the team and for Anderson. If we win both and Anderson plays well, the chances of seeing Quinn before weeks 15 or 16 are nil, and rightfully so.

Buzz is that many within the organization seriously doubt if Anderson will ever be a consistent playoff caliber guy who steps up when the team needs him most, when the bullets (and blitzes) are flying. His window isn't very big anymore. Even Caplan says the Browns would NOT give Anderson his bonus if they had to choose today. They would commit to Quinn.

So we'll see.

Spot on post Shep, completely full of logic and substance.

Anybody rooting against DA is a moron, even if they don't want him here long term. I'd like to think the Browns know enough at this point that they are going to ride out the season with DA until it doesn't matter. Unless he all of a sudden gets consistent, he'll be moving on regardless.

As far as Eli Manning goes Satn, I still think he sucks. One of the most annoying things I've heard in years prior to our ass beating of the Giants was how Eli is now better than Peyton. Eli is not good at all, he has so many bad points to his game it's not funny. Comparing him to DA does nothing for me.

Ate...you make some good points...but you seem to forget that QB play can also negatively effect the running game and the defense!!! And that is the thing that many of us have noted over the BULK of the last 10 games.

Low completion percentages allow teams to stack the box...causing rushing yards to diminish

Turnovers cause the defense to go back on the field and get worn out

Turnovers cause scoring for the other team, which then takes OUR running game out of the game plan

DA has had 12 INT's in that span (although none in the last 3 games, so read 12 in 7 games)

Those INT's led to 35 points (total points given up is 149, so over nearly 25% of total points allowed are off INT's). That means the D is giving up only 11.4 over that span...and DA's INT's are giving up 3.5!!!

And as for RUSHING ALLOWED...that is one of those things that you have to look at the context. And as long as it isn't leading to scores....who cares!!!

Guest Masters
Honestly, you won't know how much better or worse BQ is until you see him n a real game. You just won't.

yeah I bet he would throw 3 TDs in the first half if they would have given him the start at Detroilet, right shep?

Word of advice to anybody having to deal with these BQ Fags trying to say that BQ is an unknown who's never played....just tell them Brady Quinn played a shitload this preseason including 2 starts and got waxed by all the 1st and 2nd teamers including by the Detroilet defense. Then in the Detroilet post game presser RAC said BQ's got a lot to learn. If BQ Nation had a half an effing memory cell in their brain when it comes to the golden boy's play they'd know that anybody who plays him is gonna just keep blitzing him since he can't make any decision in the pocket whatsoever except to dump off, dump off, dump off, dump off.

First off, it is preseason. There is no game planning. Give me a break. You want to go by preseason. Remind me again, what did DA do in preseason last year again?

You don't know squat about any QB until he plays in games that count.

I think you don't like BQ's dump offs because DA is unable to even complete them or put them close to his receiver when asked to throw them.

Guest Masters

Preseason my man, preseason (where DA has excelled?). By the way, didn't he not have BE and limited Winslow and Stallworth. Oh, those are only excuses for when DA has bad games. I see.

Guest ATENEARS
As far as Eli Manning goes Satn, I still think he sucks. One of the most annoying things I've heard in years prior to our ass beating of the Giants was how Eli is now better than Peyton. Eli is not good at all, he has so many bad points to his game it's not funny. Comparing him to DA does nothing for me.

Comparing Manning in his best season in 55+ starts and a Super Bowl Championship Season, against DA's first year as a starter ought to get anyones attention.

I wasn't endorsing Eli himself and certainly don't think he will ever become as good as Peyton is/was in his prime. But my use of Eli was to illustrate what a difference the season could be with a better running game (both from an O-line perspective and Running Back(s)).

Actualy it was to illustrate that we have other team needs. I know you know that, Dan knows that and some others ... but it has to be hammered home equally to the DA rants and BQ chants.

Guest Masters

Congrats Dan ... you showed our defense is superior!

Our Defense is so great, I almost hate to bring up the fact that they have allowed 150+ yards on the ground in 4 of our 7 games this season, where we are still trying to crack that milestone with our own running game which is obviously hampered by DA ... somehow.

Stan, what matters in football. Yards given up or points? Last I checked, no team gets a win for putting up more yards in a game. Also, when your QB goes 3 and out a lot, your D gets tired out.

Guest ATENEARS
Stan, what matters in football. Yards given up or points? Last I checked, no team gets a win for putting up more yards in a game. Also, when your QB goes 3 and out a lot, your D gets tired out.

Valid points, but would you also agree that when our defense allows 7-9+ play clock-eating drives that it also stales an offense and reduces their amount of series with the ball in their hands?

I'm going to ask you to do some homework. Looking at last weeks game, which happened more, our Offense went three and out or our Defense gave up more 7-play drives?

You know what was posted about last weeks win? I'd say more people whined that our offense stalled and failed to score points than they did that our defense couldn't get off the field. I had to write a book (a huge rant) to include charting our actual drive charts to defend the stance.

Tell me you weren't thinking Thank-God for the late special teams turn-over, because you did not want to see our defense get paraded back out there to defend that lead. I don't know which were more sore, our DB's ankles, or our DB's hands from bending over and clutching their ankles in that game. We were out-passed (283/246) and out-rushed (113/91) in that contest and people still dissed DA for not scoring more ... hint: it wasn't the offenses fault that we were out-gained.

The bottom line on Quinn/DA from insider talk is this: Anderson has not earned his bonus yet. If he remains inconsistent this season, the Browns will commit to Quinn and move DA, period. Quinn will be even more analogous with Phil Rivers, handed the reins after two years of watching.

The "insiders" with the BQ Blueballs don't know shit as usual. If the Browns wanted Quinn to be the QB then he'd be the QB. Any other explanation for putting BQ on the bench outside of not giving the Browns the best chance to win is just John Taylor dreaming of jacking off to his BQ Fathead.

Oh and BQ Nation's hope that there's a parallel with Rivers/Brees hinges on DA getting a career threatening shoulder injury in the last game of the season. Keep your fingers crossed shep.

Big Difference!

The Bears Offense was ranked 26th in pts & 29th in yards, while the Defense was 1st & 2nd.

The Browns Offense was ranked 8th in pts and 8th in yards, while the Defense was 21st & 30th.

DA must be the luckiest guy in the World, first the easy schedule carries him, and now the defense ... wonder where such luck was the fisrt 7 years back.

Are you purposefully being obtuse, or are you channeling lummy? You're quoting bogus numbers from last year - before DA had any pressure and opposing coordinators had any film to go on with regard to him and the Browns' new offense.

Browns O this season : 30th in ypg, 26th in p-ypg, 27th in scoring 16.4 ppg!

Browns D this season : 21st in ypg, 10th in p-ypg, 7th in scoring 17.6 ppg

The rush D got torched against Dallas, and Baltimore piled on rush yards late when running out the clock, thus leading to the disparity in the pash and rush defense in this season's numbers. Nevertheless, the O has been failing us this season, as well in our losses late last year, not the D. I couldn't care less about the numbers from early last season.

Numbers are for those who don't watch the games and form their own opinions as far as I'm concerned. Now DA's numbers, those don't lie. Sure, there are some factors involved that would make them better, but not enough to give him a respectful ranking.

The Giants piled on rushing yards at the end of the game while we were in prevent.

Are you purposefully being obtuse, or are you channeling lummy? You're quoting bogus numbers from last year - before DA had any pressure and opposing coordinators had any film to go on with regard to him and the Browns' new offense.

Haha, so who are you channeling?

Let's see, now the story is that DA had no pressure applied to him the beginning of last year? Hey, whatever floats your BQ Boat....

Also it's good to know that the pony express arrived with Anderson's game film in D-Coordinator's offices a mere 365 days after his first career start. If I didn't know any better I would have figured there might have been a way to get it there about 364 days earlier. Thanks for setting that straight though.

And if you can take any other non-related circumstances and try to twist them into a light least favorable to DA then let me know. That way I'll be able to know your level of faggoty-ness.

Again, you believe the coaches think DA is a better QB than Quinn and that's why he is playing correct? The same coaches who thought after last season that Charlie Frye was a better QB than DA?

Now you're getting to know the real certifiable Lumquat.

Guest ATENEARS
Numbers are for those who don't watch the games and form their own opinions as far as I'm concerned. Now DA's numbers, those don't lie.

Please tell me that you weren't serious in typing that.

Here's some of your logic right back at ya:

Seeing Jamal Lewis labor to the bench after every effort for a breather don't explain the real reason why he's not in for every play either. The real reason is because DA sucks.

Again, you believe the coaches think DA is a better QB than Quinn and that's why he is playing correct? The same coaches who thought after last season that Charlie Frye was a better QB than DA?

you mean the guys who pulled Frye in the 2nd qtr of week 1 and installed DA who rewarded them with a slew of new contracts?

Stupid question. Yeah I believe those guys think DA is better than Quinn.

So what do you think justadumbfan? That they think Quinn is better but just keep him on the bench because he looks sexier in a baseball cap?

They gave him a deal that basically amounts to one season.

Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true shep. It ain't a one year deal. And it ain't easy to get out of either.

FYI, of your new BFF BQ lovers at the scout.com site, neither Lane "I LUV BQ" Adkins nor John "I-want-to-have-hot-butt-sex-with-BQ" Taylor have been able to comprehend the meaning of the phrase "Derek Anderson's contract has 14.5 million dollars guaranteed" so if you're relying on them for your "BQ will start by default because they'll cut DA" information then keep in mind that you'd best get prepared for your 1,000th dose of reality come next spring.

1 P. Rivers QB, SDG 149 234 63.7 2038 8.71 67 19 8.1 6 2.6 10.0 67 107.8

2 Tony Romo QB, DAL 128 200 64.0 1689 8.45 72 14 7.0 5 2.5 7.0 45 103.5

3 K. Warner QB, ARI 184 262 70.2 2089 7.97 79 14 5.3 6 2.3 15.0 118 102.1

4 Drew Brees QB, NOR 210 304 69.1 2563 8.43 84 15 4.9 7 2.3 7.0 48 101.6

5 J. Campbell QB, WAS 152 230 66.1 1754 7.63 67 8 3.5 0 .0 16.0 111 100.5

6 C. Pennington QB, MIA 140 202 69.3 1710 8.47 80 7 3.5 3 1.5 11.0 68 100.5

7 A. Rodgers QB, GNB 145 221 65.6 1668 7.55 62 12 5.4 4 1.8 13.0 79 98.8

8 T. Edwards QB, BUF 127 187 67.9 1436 7.68 49 5 2.7 3 1.6 13.0 86 92.9

9 M. Schaub QB, HOU 143 211 67.8 1623 7.69 61 10 4.7 7 3.3 13.0 86 92.6

10 Jay Cutler QB, DEN 163 254 64.2 1862 7.33 72 13 5.1 7 2.8 4.0 31 91.7

11 Kyle Orton QB, CHI 143 230 62.2 1669 7.26 52 10 4.3 4 1.7 14.0 83 91.4

12 D. McNabb QB, PHI 154 245 62.9 1829 7.47 90 8 3.3 3 1.2 12.0 79 91.4

13 B. Favre QB, NYJ 161 235 68.5 1611 6.86 56 15 6.4 11 4.7 16.0 126 89.5

14 E. Manning QB, NYG 137 223 61.4 1588 7.12 41 9 4.0 4 1.8 6.0 42 88.9

15 J. Garcia QB, TAM 106 157 67.5 1024 6.52 47 4 2.5 2 1.3 5.0 34 88.7

16 J. Delhomme QB, CAR 140 231 60.6 1781 7.71 65 9 3.9 5 2.2 11.0 73 88.7

17 D. Garrard QB, JAC 147 225 65.3 1542 6.85 35 6 2.7 4 1.8 18.0 135 86.6

18 B. Roethlisberger QB, PIT 109 181 60.2 1352 7.47 65 10 5.5 7 3.9 23.0 146 85.7

19 M. Cassel QB, NWE 131 199 65.8 1362 6.84 66 7 3.5 6 3.0 28.0 133 84.6

20 Matt Ryan QB, ATL 116 205 56.6 1441 7.03 70 7 3.4 5 2.4 9.0 61 79.7

21 M. Bulger QB, STL 98 167 58.7 1122 6.72 69 4 2.4 3 1.8 22.0 154 79.5

22 P. Manning QB, IND 162 265 61.1 1754 6.62 75 10 3.8 9 3.4 9.0 62 79.0

23 D. Orlovsky QB, DET 60 109 55.0 741 6.80 96 3 2.8 2 1.8 10.0 69 77.8

24 K. Collins QB, TEN 99 170 58.2 1056 6.21 44 3 1.8 3 1.8 1.0 10 75.0

25 J. Russell QB, OAK 99 197 50.3 1258 6.39 84 6 3.0 3 1.5 18.0 127 74.4

26 J. O'Sullivan QB, SFO 128 219 58.4 1678 7.66 63 8 3.7 11 5.0 32.0 197 74.0

27 G. Frerotte QB, MIN 103 180 57.2 1286 7.14 86 5 2.8 7 3.9 13.0 80 72.6

28 Jon Kitna QB, DET 68 120 56.7 758 6.32 47 5 4.2 5 4.2 15.0 89 72.2

29 Joe Flacco QB, BAL 119 191 62.3 1216 6.37 70 3 1.6 7 3.7 12.0 105 70.5

30 C. Palmer QB, CIN 75 129 58.1 731 5.67 36 3 2.3 4 3.1 11.0 67 69.0

31 D. Anderson QB, CLE 104 210 49.5 1235 5.88 70 7 3.3 6 2.9 10.0 60 67.1

32 B. Griese QB, TAM 84 147 57.1 804 5.47 38 4 2.7 6 4.1 5.0 26 64.6

33 T. Thigpen QB, KAN 63 126 50.0 672 5.33 36 4 3.2 4 3.2 11.0 91 63.3

34 R. Fitzpatrick QB, CIN 82 135 60.7 627 4.64 22 2 1.5 5 3.7 17.0 92 61.6

35 M. Hasselbeck QB, SEA 58 118 49.2 656 5.56 34 2 1.7 4 3.4 8.0 43 57.7

End of f.ucking discussion.

They gave him a deal that basically amounts to one season.

Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true shep. It ain't a one year deal. And it ain't easy to get out of either.

FYI, of your new BFF BQ lovers at the scout.com site, neither Lane "I LUV BQ" Adkins nor John "I-want-to-have-hot-butt-sex-with-BQ" Taylor have been able to comprehend the meaning of the phrase "Derek Anderson's contract has 14.5 million dollars guaranteed" so if you're relying on them for your "BQ will start by default because they'll cut DA" information then keep in mind that you'd best get prepared for your 1,000th dose of reality come next spring.

How long you been in love with DA? All you talk about is how everybody wants to jump on BQ and make love to him. What about you and Da? You do the same but worse. Get over the BQ jealously and move on. Your post are the worse things to read. I don't think you know you football. All you want to do is DA.

How long you been in love with DA? All you talk about is how everybody wants to jump on BQ and make love to him. What about you and Da? You do the same but worse. Get over the BQ jealously and move on. Your post are the worse things to read. I don't think you know you football. All you want to do is DA.

FYI I'm not the one claiming BQ was gonna come in vs Detroilet and throw 3 TD passes in the first half. And I'm not the one predicting that DA's gonna throw multiple INTs each game, get pulled at halftime, and that BQ will lead a miraculous comeback victory in the second half....Every single effing game week for two years straight.

Since you don't seem to have noticed, I don't make any predictions at all. I just point out the facts. Like the fact that DA is the starter. And the fact that starters start because they are better than their backups. And the fact that DA's contract is not a 1 year deal along with the fact that it has 14.5 million dollars of guaranteed money.

And here's another fact, as far as football knowledge goes, RAC and Phil have more football knowledge on the toilet paper they wiped their ass with this morning than you'll ever have in your entire life. Seeing as how you can't stop crying that they don't play your man-crush, it puts your football knowledge on par with the 12 yr old girls in the pink #10 jerseys.

As far as jealousy goes, you'll have to fill me in on how a fan of the starter can be jealous of the backup with his ass glued to the bench.

Lum, you must have a line on his contract that nobody in the media understands. He has a $5 mill bonus, team option. If it isn't paid, he's gone.

the only line in his contract that BQ Nation has had trouble understanding is the one that says 14.5 million guaranteed.

Yes, if they don't pay him the 5 mil roster bonus, he's gone alright....Yeah all Phil would have to do then would be to write him a check for the other 6.5 million of his guarantee and he'll be on his way!

Lum is correct that if we don't pay Anderson his 5mil bonus, he's due the rest of his garunteed money anyway.

That won't stop the Browns from not paying the bonus though if they don't feel he's worth it. We have enough cap space every year to eat the #.

Passer Ratings are for homos. Have you ever heard a Head coach talk about increasing passer rating?

No, but I've heard them talk about taking care of the football, managing the game, and WINNING.

Anderson has won 3 of his last four starts, the Browns were favored to lose in all four of them, and the only loss was to a 6-2 team on the road by 3 points.

Anderson DID NOT throw an interception or lose a fumble in the month of October. He was sacked just twice.

Through the last four games, he has 5 TDs, 1 INT, has taken just three sacks, and lost zero fumbles ... THATS WHAT YOU WANT FROM YOUR QUARTERBACK.

Quit your yammering and FORGET ABOUT THE FIRST THREE GAMES.

It was ugly, it was awful, ... it was an extended preseason. Anderson was recovering from a concussion, Edwards was recovering from an injury, stallworth was out, the offensive line wasn't meshing yet, nobody had gotten into a rhythm with each other yet ... it's a shame. But that was a different football team. This one blasted the Giants and beat a physical Jaguar team on their own turf. They are the best 3-4 team out there, including Chargers and Colts (think either of them would clock the Giants right now?) the QB is playing winning footbal, the defense is solid and they are going to beatdown Baltimore tomorrow and climb right back into the thick of the AFC playoff picture DESPITE that awful 0-3 start.

Brady Quinn is probably embarassed to have you homos as fans. Its about winning. And Derek Anderson is playing winning football right now

Robert L. icon_e_ugeek.gif

FYI I'm not the one claiming BQ was gonna come in vs Detroilet and throw 3 TD passes in the first half. And I'm not the one predicting that DA's gonna throw multiple INTs each game, get pulled at halftime, and that BQ will lead a miraculous comeback victory in the second half....Every single effing game week for two years straight.

Since you don't seem to have noticed, I don't make any predictions at all. I just point out the facts. Like the fact that DA is the starter. And the fact that starters start because they are better than their backups. And the fact that DA's contract is not a 1 year deal along with the fact that it has 14.5 million dollars of guaranteed money.

And here's another fact, as far as football knowledge goes, RAC and Phil have more football knowledge on the toilet paper they wiped their ass with this morning than you'll ever have in your entire life. Seeing as how you can't stop crying that they don't play your man-crush, it puts your football knowledge on par with the 12 yr old girls in the pink #10 jerseys.

As far as jealousy goes, you'll have to fill me in on how a fan of the starter can be jealous of the backup with his ass glued to the bench.

I didn't say anything about BQ. I just know a bad QB when I see one. Average college QB and know just an average nfl QB. Mark may words he will be nothing but a good back up in this league. As far as BQ goes he may or may not be better we don't know. All the browns fans I have talked to said that they made a mistake by signing him and I agree. Take your man crush some where else. Your a JOKE and everybody knows it. Maybe you are really DA?

Archived