THE BROWNS BOARD

Terrelle Pryor Exiting Osu Amid Scandal

That's a lot of rushing TD's Gipper... That's the difference between Vick and every other mobile QB.

It may simply be a function of their offense. I note that in Auburn's offense, Newton did carry the load in terms of TDs on the Ground.

Auburn had 41 rushing TDs. Ohio State had 26. Of Auburn's rush TDs, Newton had 20. In OSU's offense, it was RB Dan Herron who got the call when it came to rushing for TDs. He had 16. Maybe if Tressel had called for Pryor's number in goal line situations, like apparently Auburn did quite a bit of, Pryor would have had a lot more TDs. But Tressel gave the ball to the RB, not the QB.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George Whitfield, who worked with Cam Newton before the draft had this to say on ESPN:

Cam Newton and Terrelle Pryor are comparable. Terrelle is a guy who is going to want to improve his mechanics and there's no evidence to suggest he can't. Cam seemed to have more confidence in his arm strength. But the tools and the ceiling for those two are comparable.

It may simply be a function of their offense. I note that in Auburn's offense, Newton did carry the load in terms of TDs on the Ground.

Auburn had 41 rushing TDs. Ohio State had 26. Of Auburn's rush TDs, Newton had 20. In OSU's offense, it was RB Dan Herron who got the call when it came to rushing for TDs. He had 16. Maybe if Tressel had called for Pryor's number in goal line situations, like apparently Auburn did quite a bit of, Pryor would have had a lot more TDs. But Tressel gave the ball to the RB, not the QB.

Sorry Gip....Auburn didn't hide anything.

If evidence is there, it can be found.

Whoa there, kimozombie, where did Cam Newton enter into this? I didn't say shit about Newton. But since you threw that in, I agree with you, Pryor is shit, just like Cam Newton is shit. Neither of these turds is going anywhere in the NFL.

Two shit players. Kordell Stewart clones without the fellatio.

I entered Cam Newton into this Ghoolie because I said that whatever crap happened in college with them all getting money etc. is now irrelevent when evaluating their future pro potential. In that regard I said I thought that Pryor and Newton had much the same skill set.

I may not necessarily agree with you that they will both turn out to be Kordell Stewart clones....but I recognize the validity of that. To me they both seem to have a lot of Vince Young in them. Vince Young was good for a bit, until NFL coaches figured him out, then he flamed out emotionally then athletically.

The difference I see that may make them a bust or a boom is what is between their ears. We see this business with Pryor taking money and seeming selfish and narcissistic and immature, but it will all come down to how well he does mature.

Right now, right here, no one can claim they know how good a QB either Pryor or Newton will end up being. And the same goes for Jake Locker and Andy Dalton and everyone else drafted this past draft.

Only a matter of time until the suckeyes fans want the Browns to pick him up...

I think that as soon as the word got out I bet some in the Browns FO were wondering if it would be worth it. Maybe get a package deal bring in Pryor and for a new asst. coach...introducing Terssel. That would pop some eyes don't you think?

No thanks to Pryor as a pro i dont have much faith in Cam Newton ethier, i watched alot of OSU games and with the hype that Pryor came into Ohio St. with i thought he actually underacheived.

I think the only way he may succeed is if The Bills take a chance on him and let him sit behind Fitzpatrick for awhile and let Chan Gailey design an offense around some of his strengths.

But he more than likely he'll end up probaly in Washington or Oakland and have a terrible career that is even if he gets a chance to start.

This years whole QB class im not sold on..

Newton-Overhyped

Locker-Incredible Athlete but he needs time

Ponder-Reminds me a lil of Chad Pennington has a chance with Peterson and Harvin,but hes still questionable in certain situations seen alot of FSU games and he didnt look like a First round NFL QB to me

Dalton-A winner but theres something i dont see there plus he went to Cincy,has a chance since AJ is there and Shipley both great Receivers.

Karepernick-I actually like him best outta this class as long as he has time to develop with Harbaugh. Hes got a scary release and can run as well

Mallet- Has the luxury of sitting behind Brady and basically learning the game from one of the greatest ethier he'll make the most of it or he'll bust

Archived