THE BROWNS BOARD

The Very First Hint Of A Decent Team And We Turn Into The Old Browns

Soju

McCoy completed 40 passes to 11 different receivers today; don't say he can't get them the ball. He damn sure got EVERYONE the ball today, they just didn't do anything with it. Meanwhile, that bald homo Hasslebeck goes 10 for 20 and 3 TOUCHDOWNS! What more can McCoy do?

perhaps a pass more than 3 yards beyond the LOS that doesn't quack?

It's not the WR's.. Colt's gun shy and can't get the ball there.... I agree, I think his arm is weak. That interception he threw trying to hit Hillis in the endzone ended what, 10 yards short, at least. I want him to do well, likeable guy, but I honestly think that he doesn't have the arm or the heigth to be a NFL QB. Were not stretching the field. If Defenses know we won't go deep, our WR's won't get open. I have seen some QB in this leage thread needles and make some pretty crazy throws thinking that I can't believe he made that throw, the WR wasn't open at all.. But it was thrown where only the WR could catch it or the WR had to make a play on it. We have only seen that a couple of times that I can think of this year with the TD throw to Cribbs and MoMass.. For the most part, I think Colt is small, and has a small arm and doesn't have confidence in himself.

You guys are amazing. No matter how much truth you are slapped in the face with, you choose to live in a pretend world, and THEN are all surprised when the inevitable happens.

Let me explain it to you one more time::::::

WHen a team wastes money and high draft picks on linemen, it allows other teams to draft and sign PLAY-MAKERS............

GUYS WHO TOUCH THE BALL WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. Guys like leaky Joe THomas get to WATCH the PLAYMAKERS WIN GAMES.

We don't have a QB, we don't have strong RBs, our WRs are a joke and our DBs are polesmoking sissy boys.

Had Miami and the Colts had even a mediocre QB, the Browns would be, and should be 0 - 4.

You guys got what you wanted. You got 10 years of drafting linemen as a high priority and you got an owner who stays out of team management.

Why complain about losing/ Aren't you enjoying the linear improvement?

Playmakers? Sure need them. But the Browns really lost that game because the LBs can get outpaced by a guy in a wheelchair. I'll take some kick ass Linebackers the order of Clay Matthews or Chip Banks that can actually cover a TE. In case you didn't notice, the Browns lost that game with three big plays If, if, if.... Well Miami and Indy didn't have great QBs, so tough.

Hardesty is going to get jugs machine work all during the bye until hands hands bleed, or he learns how to catch a pass that hits him in the hands.

And you can't replace an entire team in one year. Like I said the Browns have 9 new starters. Expect maybe 5-7 more next year.

I saw linear regression today. Happy now?

Fellas, I keep saying it over and over again....this is a young team for the most part. They're going to have good games...they'll have bad games. Yesterday was that latter. Throwing the ball 61 times will not win you very many games unless you're Manning, Brees, or Brady. Why Shurmur abandoned the run again is beyond me. I know I know they were up 21 to 6 by the half. That still was plenty of time to run the ball control the clock and get those 15 points back. The giving up in the 2nd quarter...that's the youth talking (players and coaches alike). Until we learn to win with what we have no big name free agent is going to touch our field with someone else's cleats. It's not going to happen...I'm sure attempts have been made and no "superstar" free agent I know is banging down the door to play for us. Now if this team finishes 8-8 or better then maybe a free agent or two will hop on board. Free Agents watch all these games and make decisions based on what they see on the field. Most superstars want to win right away, they want top dollar, and they a big media market. Free Agents that come along and make an impact are the ones that hop on up and coming teams and most often finish their career with those teams. The big thing is winning with what you have and then trying to get the a free agent to come bust this thing wide open.

this board has the same responses to the same posts every damn year. nobody will understand that we have zeeeeerrrrrooooo talent to compete. need to draft superstars.

Watch how you use the word "nobody" a few of us since the beggining of the year talked about how we lack talent and playmakers on both sides of the ball. I know its frustrating and I really don't wanna hear people of this sight making excuses anymore of why we lost. We just dont have anyyyyyyyyyy talent.

You guys are amazing. No matter how much truth you are slapped in the face with, you choose to live in a pretend world, and THEN are all surprised when the inevitable happens.

Let me explain it to you one more time::::::

WHen a team wastes money and high draft picks on linemen, it allows other teams to draft and sign PLAY-MAKERS............

GUYS WHO TOUCH THE BALL WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. Guys like leaky Joe THomas get to WATCH the PLAYMAKERS WIN GAMES.

We don't have a QB, we don't have strong RBs, our WRs are a joke and our DBs are polesmoking sissy boys.

Had Miami and the Colts had even a mediocre QB, the Browns would be, and should be 0 - 4.

You guys got what you wanted. You got 10 years of drafting linemen as a high priority and you got an owner who stays out of team management.

Why complain about losing/ Aren't you enjoying the linear improvement?

So? You disagree with Vince Lombardi who said football is all about blocking and tackling? You agree more with Vince McMahon who wanted to make football all about flash and dance and T and A?

Well then, lets go get some flash....hire both T.O. and Randy Moss. Why the eff not?

Why isn't Holmgren coaching this team ? We have a hall of fame coach employed by the Browns watching from a luxury suite. If anyone can make the WCO work in Cleveland it would be him. Shurmur should be the OC, not HC.

Oddly, that almost sounds like a good idea.

This is still a better Browns team then in recent years. Not ready to run with the Big Dogs, but in my opinion, the second best team ion this division. Cincinnati will finish 4-12, the win over Buffalo was more about Buffalo letting down then the Bengals winning. Pittsburgh is old and slow, and after the Houston game...injured. The Browns will finish ahead of the Steelers this season, I see that happening.

Archived