THE BROWNS BOARD

Im Pissed Off With The Browns Thread

BrownIndian

Listen, young QBs need help. Peyton Manning sucked balls his first few years in the league. Tom Brady sat for years and then got to start for a great team. He still didn't do all that well, he just managed games while his team did all the heavy lifting.

You can't expect a 2nd year QB learning a new system to do amazingly if his team sucks this bad.

As horrible as things went today, if the Browns don't give up a kickoff return for a TD, this game goes to overtime. Why? Because Colt led his team down the field and scored.

Others may not get it but I have seen this act before. Get some new material. BTW.......you were wrong the first time. Your boy DA has stunk it up all across the NFL. How is the weather in the northwest?

After looking at the game, One would be forgiven for thinking that it was the Raiders who were coming of the bye-week.

Some things that I did note:

1. Hardesty still cannot catch the ball, After the Titans game that was one area where I expected to see improvements but unfortunately I only saw more drops. 2 weeks to fix that and still no signs of improvement.

2. McCoy and his chemistry with receivers - The misses are still happening and looking at the way he misses the receivers and TE's It is evident that there isn't enough chemistry between them. It is one thing to miss by a few yards and another to miss by a few miles.

3. Cribbs kick off return has deteriorated. The Raiders did a good job of keeping the ball away from Cribbs. Once when he got the ball he ran straight into the receiver. Ok. But if anyone noticed the Cribbs return after the Raiders scored a touchdown on special teams play - you would have noticed that there was plenty of room to run towards the left side where Adams was ready to block. Cribbs ran that way and they did a 180 and run more towards the inside where he got tackled. You could see Adams pumping his fist in frustration.

4. Not enough pressure on Boller - So we have a backup QB who has not received enough snaps and do we aggressively pressurize him ? No !

5. Hillis - So, Hillis takes fewer snaps than Hardesty, ok. Then they dont play Hillis and I hear the commentator saying that Hillis has some hamstring problem and hence is not getting called, ok. Then suddenly I see Hillis on the field ? And then I dont ! What is going on ?

6. Are we running a WCO ? I was of the opinion that WCO was more about quick short passes and not jumbo ESPN type throws, but I did see Colt launching many bombs in the air when there was no urgency. Whats with that ? Our receivers have trouble catching the ball when we throw it to them - now we expect them to catch these bombs ?

Guys, were not making improvements and we should at least see that, especially after the bye week. Our D actually kept us in this game. But I saw way to much crap.

1. Horrible passes from McCoy.

2. Nothing deep from the Offense or McCoy

3. WCO, where?

4. Hillis hamstring... Don't buy it.

5. McCoy has a week arm and his accuracy outside 10 yards sucks, and HE even knows that. That's why we can't run, because we can't stretch the field.

6. Read this past week that they were going to get Moore and Little involved in the game plan.. Maybe a few more passes to Little, but Moore and where the heck was Watson until the 4th.

7. We have no offensive game plan.

8. Were to predictable on O.

Guys were not making progress... NONE.

I thought the Browns would win 7 games this year. I am now amazed at how bad they are. It is possible that won't win another game. This is just a horrible NFL franchise. Do we have some sort of curse to play off of? We need to make something up.

I thought the Browns would win 7 games this year. I am now amazed at how bad they are. It is possible that won't win another game. This is just a horrible NFL franchise. Do we have some sort of curse to play off of? We need to make something up.

We had something brewing with Eric Mangini. We had a decent defense but only needed to change the OC. Instead we decided to start from scratch. Only we chose the wrong time and the wrong coach and we are paying for that.

Holmgren - Fail

Heckert - Pass (love his drafts)

Shurmur - Fail (Either make him HC or OC not both)

Jauron - Pass (he is doing enough with the talent he has, but he needs to do more)

DOn't worry,

you can't judge the Browns by their performance today. YOu can't judge them by how many points they score, how many yards they get, or by any other demonstrable factor.

What matters, is what Hoorta says. Heckertt and Holmgren have AMASSED A WEALTH OF TALENT, AND ARE BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE.

I am enjoying watching the linear improvement this team is showing. YOu can see them gettng better. It is ooozing. Can't you feel it?

Go Browns.

I feel the ooze of a 8-8 season coming on.

OK, you want me to judge the Browns Tom? Shurmur has sucked so far as a head coach. Happy? Don't know what has happened to McCoy, but he can't hit the broadside of a barn lately with his passes.

And you can't have it both ways, saying the Browns only beat the Colts because Manning didn't play- I can as easily say the Browns lost to the Raiders because our best defensive player Joe Haden didn't play.

And concerning the "wealth of talent" did I not say the key to the game was containing McFadden? Mission accomplished <100 yards. As usual, in the NFL it comes down to a couple of key plays- that I didn't count on. Like a 101 yard kickoff return, and a fake punt for a TD. I'll give Janikowski a gimmie on the FG, but that's 11 points on two plays. So look up the final score. Sorry, once again your prediction of a Raider blowout did not come to pass.

Really? That's all you've got?

At the end of the day, you're still living in the shit-hole that is the rust belt supporting the worst NFL team in history. Steer, queer, or anything else and I've still got you beat.

UH, trust me, the shithole rust belt has plenty to offer...as much as the shithole of Texas....this coming from a guy whose daughter is probably going to go to college in San Antonio next year....so I have a basis to compare.

I'm not bashing a city. I'm bashing an entire region of America. :lol:

And Witchia Falls is paradise compared to most of Ohio. Shitty fans there too. When UT and Vince Young beat the Buckeyes in Columbus, our fans had people cussing them out and throwing shit at them while leaving the stadium. It was so bad the president of OSU had to issue a formal apology for their fans shitty behavior.

And the same thing happenned in Austin when Troy Smith came down there and beat all y'all.

Again, trust me, because I have been to every state and major city in this country (not Witchita Falls, which is not a major city). Every place has it ups and downs, it idiots and gentlemen. To denigrate an entire region is the height of ignorance. Do you really want to demonstrate that you are ignorant? I doubt that you are...so don't try to prove something you aren't.

I don't agree. A smart strong armed QB would make a huge difference. Look what Manning is to the Colts. What Mccoy did in college means nothing. He has a weak arm and so far has not been accurate.

I agree the Browns have a long way to go as a team but if they had Tom Brady they would be over .500 this year.

What differance did DA make (a strong armed QB) ?...NONE!

Archived