THE BROWNS BOARD

Our 80 Million Dollar Oline

rich4eagle

Actually he was drafted as a Center: http://en.wikipedia..../1955_NFL_Draft

Do you know anything about football?

he was drafted as LB so what is your point about knowing football and which of the aforementioned players ever won the NFL SUPER BOWL MVP.................

CASE CLOSED.......................being stupid is easy getting intelligent is a challenge.........................we in Brownstown elicit stupid all day long as this thread surmises..................except for the the two the proud the bold the courages.................Ghoolie and I....................meanwhile assholes bathe in stupidity...............any intelligent answer will be answered until then keep spewing stupids

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he was drafted as LB so what is your point about knowing football and which of the aforementioned players ever won the NFL SUPER BOWL MVP.................

CASE CLOSED.......................being stupid is easy getting intelligent is a challenge.........................we in Brownstown elicit stupid all day long as this thread surmises..................except for the the two the proud the bold the courages.................Ghoolie and I....................meanwhile assholes bathe in stupidity...............any intelligent answer will be answered until then keep spewing stupids

You haven't provided any true facts in this entire thread. I am still waiting for you to refute my previous claims (even though it can't be done).

And how many players win an NFL Super Bowl MVP? Not many. Way to bring in more irrelevant information. We are talking about how having a great offensive line is crucial to a team's success. No one said to hand out an MVP to a lineman. QB's win the award 9/10 anyway. Is the QB position the most important on the field? Yes. Does that make every other position unimportant? Of course not.. Check my previous post to see the type of line Roethisberger had when he won his first Super Bowl. Or just continue to ignore actual facts..

So whats the verdict? How much do you guys spend on that Oline? I didnt read the whole thread. I will tell you what though, money usually equals talent, and it all starts up front.

We just signed Joe Thomas (LT) to a 7 year, 84 million dollar contract with 44 million guaranteed. Outside of that, we have spent virtually nothing on the rest of the line.. Thomas is a pro bowler every year and just may be the best LT in the game so this isn't a bad move. He was at the end of his contract and if we let him go, our OL would be 10 times worse than it is now..

There are a couple guys on here that believe offensive lineman are a dime a dozen and are only drafted in the first few rounds after a team is a Super Bowl contender. In other words, they feel that lineman are fat slobs worth nothing to a team. Feel free to weigh in..

Larry, you keep missing it.. Every GM is not stupid, the smart GM's like me understand how to win. You get a franchise QB and franchise set of skill players who score points and then disruptive players on defense and when that is all done you get OL guys, When you are really good at filling those needs and building a championship franchise you at times have the luxury of expending top pics on OL guys occasionally. That is the MO of the Steelers, Patriots, Colts, NO and Packers and every other long standing championship caliber team. So please do not lump every GM in the league into the dumb by saying they all start a team by building an OL.... The winners and smart GMS do just the opposite build the OL after you have the folks that make points..

We on the other hand have been passing on potential game breakers like Adrian Peterson for years to get OL guys with first round picks and then scoring 6 points a game and missing the playoffs each and every year. Go through the 12 year recent history of the Browns and you will see we wasted a lot of picks on OL guys. We drafted O'Hara cut him to draft Faine with a one pick and then cut Faine and drafted Mack with a one pick. Faine and O"hara both made it to the Super Bowl after we drafted them and we make it to the toilet bowl with three high first round OL guys.

One can lead the horse to water but not make him drink it...................and you cannot turn a plow horse into a race horse...................and that is exactly what the OL is the plow horses of football.................a dime a dozen

If what you say is true, the joey harrington lead lions shoulda been a helluva good team. Nice qb, they used just about every high pick on playmakers from what I recall BUT THEY WEREN'T SH*T! Why? Because every time they hiked the ball harrington was gettin peeled off the carpet BECAUSE THEIR O LINE SUCKED! And the team sucked playmakers and all! Your a moron

SMART GMs don't risk getting their meal ticket franchise quarterbacks pulverized behind suspect o-lines either. Go look up the qb sacks\ knockdowns stats- it's a fair indicator of a teams record. Rothlisberger may not last the year the way he's getting creamed, because outside of Pouncey, their o-line got neglected. BTW, if your premise were true Rich, those winning genius GM wouldn't be wasting high picks on offensive linemen regardless- they'd be praying they could get lucky like the Colts did when they landed Jeff Saturday as an UFA, and drafting even more skilled position players.

We ruined Couch getting him killed behind a suspect o-line. Ask Sam Bradford how he likes going out there and getting beat up every Sunday because his o-line sucks. And Rothlisberger was the LAST piece of the puzzle, as Gipper said. Unless Rich is referring to Bradshaw, who's lucky he didn't get paralyzed when Turkey Jones gave him a WWF piledriver into the turf. Green Bay had the luxury of sitting Rodgers behind Farve for years- that's a rarity in today's NFL. The Saints picked up Brees as the last piece of the puzzle too, IIRC. Troy Aikman had his career shortened by the concussions he took his first couple years in Dallas because his line couldn't protect him.

And the chain is as strong as it's weakest link. Teams aren't going to bother testing Joe Thomas or Alex Mack- why should they? Any defensive coordinator with half a brain is going to attack Pinkston, Lauvao, and Pashos. I rewatched the game, and I don't think I saw the Browns o-line give McCoy a classic Peyton Manning bulletproof pocket once.

EXACTAMUNDO +1

We just signed Joe Thomas (LT) to a 7 year, 84 million dollar contract with 44 million guaranteed. Outside of that, we have spent virtually nothing on the rest of the line.. Thomas is a pro bowler every year and just may be the best LT in the game so this isn't a bad move. He was at the end of his contract and if we let him go, our OL would be 10 times worse than it is now..

There are a couple guys on here that believe offensive lineman are a dime a dozen and are only drafted in the first few rounds after a team is a Super Bowl contender. In other words, they feel that lineman are fat slobs worth nothing to a team. Feel free to weigh in..

I`d love to weigh in....

I have a prime example for you and its my beloved 49ers who I know everything about. Let me lay it out for you. The 49ers have been struggling with the offensive line for years. We had guys that could run block very well but they were a liability in pass protection. Namely guys like the piano playing Kwame Harris who was a bear in the run game, but he led the team in surrendered sacks every year and even when he didnt allow the sack he might as well have. He just forced the qb into the arms of another defender. We also had a huge hole at LG once Larry Allen retired. It was a void that was hard to fill. In Allens first year as a 49er Gore rushed for a career high 1695 yds mostly behind the future hall of famer. Then once he was gone, we were stuck at LG and our young promising RT(Kwame) never took that step. After many patch jobs and band aids the 49ers finally had enough. In the 2010 draft they had two first round picks and they made an unprecedented move. They drafted two offensive lineman in the first rd. That is unheard of in todays football world. We actually even traded up from the 13th pick to the 11th pick to draft RT Anthony Davis. Then just a few picks later(pick #17 first rd) they drafted LG Mike Iupati who was considered by most pundits to be the best Olineman in the draft.

Last year we took some lumps because we started two rookies on the offensive line. Not only that but we moved our backup gaurd David Baas to center last year do to an injury to our starting center (Eric Heitman). So last year we had 2 rookies and a guy who hadnt played center since college. Which at the time had been about 3 or 4 years.

Fast forward to this year if you will. We havent made many significant additions and our personnel is very similar to last year. The obvious difference is, The play of the offensive line. Last Years 2 rookies and previous 1st round pick Joe Staley are all playing at a high level and allowing the offense time to perform. We also added pro bowl Center Jonathan Goodwin from the Saints after we lost Baas in FA. Point is, we have invested a ton in our offensive line and its paying off big time.

If the Line doesnt open up Holes then you cant run, And if the Line cant protect then you wont have time to complete a pass. I could complete a 20 yd pass if you give me time!

Games are won and lost in the trenches... My lousy 2 cents!

And STILL, even though Rich is completely wrong, and cherrypicking nonsense to support his nonsense.....

he is a way better poster than Ghoolie.

Tip of the hat, Rich !

And since i'm having a xxxxing blast owning the Stool trolls how about this. Let's take a list of the great minds in the NFL and see exactly where they fall, if it's with clinically Retarded homosexuals from bumf*ck Cacka-Lacky in the doublewide or the opposite end of the spectrum, shall we?

Paul Brown-

1950- OT John Sandusky, 2nd round

1954- OG John Bauer, 1st round

1955- Center Kurt Burris, 1st round

1958- OG Buzz Guy, 3rd round

1959- OT Dick Schafrath, 2nd round, OT Fran O'Brien, 3rd round

1961- OT Ed Nutting, 2nd round

1968- Center Bob Johnson, 1st round

1971- OT Vern Holland, 1st round, OG Steve Lawson, 2nd round

1974- OG Dave Laphan, 3rd round

1975- OT Al Krevis, 2nd round

1972- OG Glen Bujnoch, 2nd round

1978- Center Blair Bush, 1st round

1979- OG Barney Cotton, 3rd round

1980- OT Anthony Munoz, 1st round

1983- Center Dave Rimington, 1st round

1984- OT Brian Blados, 1st round

1989- OG Freddy Childress, 2nd round

Vince Lombardi-

1962- OG Ed Baine, 2nd round

1963- OT Tony Liscio, 3rd round

1966- OG Gale Gillingham, 1st round

1967- Center Bob Hyland, 1st round

1968- OG Bill Lueck, 1st round, OT Dick Himes, 3rd round

Yes for those keeping score Lombardi went Oline in round 1 THREE years in a row.

Tom Landry-

1965- Center Malcolm Walker, 2nd round

1966- OG John Niland, 1st round

1969- OG Halvor Hagen, 3rd round

1970- OT Bob Asher, 2nd round

1975- OG Burton Lawless, 2nd round

1976- OG Jim Eidson, 2nd round

1979- Center Robert Shaw, 1st round

1981- OT Howard Richards, 1st round, OG Glen Titensor, 3rd round

1985- OG Crawford Ker, 3rd round

1987- OG Jeff Zimmerman, 3rd round

Jimmy Johnson-

1989- OG Steve Wisniewski, 2nd round, Center Mark Stepnoski, 3rd round

1991- OT Erik Williams, 3rd round

1992- OT James Brown, 3rd round

Chuck Noll-

1969- OT Jon Kolb, 3rd round

1972- Gordon Gravelle, 2nd round

1973- OG Roger Bernhardt, 3rd round

1976- OT Ray Pinney, 2nd round

1981- Center Rick Donnalley, 3rd round

1985- OT Mark Behning, 2nd round

1986- OG John Reinstra, 1st round

1988- Center Dermontti Dawson, 2nd round, Center Chuck Lanza, 3rd round

1989- OG Tom Ricketts, 1st round

Bill Cowher-

1992- OT Leon Searcy, 1st round

1995- OG Brenden Stai, 3rd round

1996- OT Jamain Stephens, 1st round

1997- OT Paul Wiggins, 3rd round

1998- OG Alan Faneca, 1st round, OT Chris Conrad, 3rd round

1999- OT Chris Farris, 3rd round

2000- OT Marvell Smith, 2nd round

2002- OG Kendall Simmons, 1st round

2004- OT Max Starks, 3rd round

2005- OT Trai Essex, 3rd round

Bill Parcells-

1983- OT Karl Nelson, 3rd round

1984- OG William Roberts, 1st round

1985- Center Brian Johnston, 3rd round

1988- OT Eric Moore, 1st round, OT Jumbo Elliot, 2nd round

1989- Center Brian Williams, 1st round, OG Bob Kratch, 3rd round

1993- OT Todd Rucci, 2nd round

1994- Center Joe Burch, 3rd round

1999- OG Randy Thomas, 2nd round, OG David Loverne, 3rd round

2003- Center Al Johnson, 2nd round

2004- OT Jacob Rogers, 2nd round, OG Stephen Peterman, 3rd round

2008- OT Jake Long, 1st round

2010- OG John Jerry, 3rd round

Bill Belichick-

1991- OG Ed King, 2nd round

1993- Center Steve Everitt, 1st round

2000- OT Adrian Klemm, 2nd round

2001- OT Matt Light, 2nd round

2005- OG Logan Mankins, 1st round, OT Nick Kazcur, 3rd round

2009- OT Sebastian Vollmer, 2nd round

2011- OT Nate Solder, 1st round

The above list? That's the greatest minds in the NFL laughing at you and telling you you're f*cking clueless Shortbus2HeinzField. Consider yourself schooled featherweight.

well done dawg! That rich is considered doing your homework. Game set match. There is no more tomorrow as far as im concerned for this post and it's ridiculous title.

rich4eagle is nothing more than a Fing follower. he has no clue what to do with his life if he doesn't have someone telling him what to do, where to go, who to suck off......

you are an embarrassment to any person that has a spine.

does your grandmother hear you in the basement when you cry?

I myself wonder if rich and ghoolie are lovers, cuz they sure do jock the sh*t out of each other.........rich and I said this ghoolie and I said that, flippin homos I tell ya

If what you say is true, the joey harrington lead lions shoulda been a helluva good team. Nice qb, they used just about every high pick on playmakers from what I recall BUT THEY WEREN'T SH*T! Why? Because every time they hiked the ball harrington was gettin peeled off the carpet BECAUSE THEIR O LINE SUCKED! And the team sucked playmakers and all! Your a moron

I already tried that tack, and it went right over Rich's head. Bradford is one step away from IR because his O-line can't protect him. Kolb, Beanie Wells, and Fitzgerald should be THE Bomb if all it took was playmakers.

Actually Larry, your logic and analogy is hugely flawed.

Look at the results man, 3 - 3 against high school teams and a record that won't exceed 5 - 11. 3 - 13 is not out of the question.

Holmgren blows.

Actually Tom, I've been right about as many times as Rich in the draft category- but I don't blow my f**king horn about it.

What a great post still waiting for a thinking mans reply who knows jack about football

Well if you want to hold onto that opinion- here goes..... You're have serious trouble with reading comprehension, and if you're not bothering to read everything I put down, why the hell should I bother to listen to your (horribly flawed) rationale about offensive linemen?

"Since the rebirth they spent a fortune on free agents Lomas Brown, Jim Pyne, Orlando Brown, Tony Jones, Dave Wolabaugh, Shaun O'Hara, Ryan Tucker, Ross Verba, Raod Grader Garmon, Joe Andruzzi, Eric Steinbach and others. They spent the 1st round 21 pick on Jeff Faine, the first round 21 pick on Alex Mack, the first round, 3 pick on Joe Thomas, a third round pick Lavauo, a third round pick on Fowler and 5th round pick on Pontbriand.. For all those players chased and drafted we still stink on offense. Wolabaugh, O'hara, Fowler, Mack, Faine and Pontbriand are all centers all six of em. BTW, Faine and O'Hara and Brown and Oben all played in the Super Bowl for other teams two of left tackles and two em centers after we released them or in Faine's case traded him for nearly nothing. All startes and their teams one at least three of those Super Bowls. Like I said dime a dozen!"

Dime a dozen? you mean guys like Randy Moss who got traded for a fourth round pick? Ladanian Tomlinson who got cut by the Chargers? You mean grocery bagger Arena league Kurt Warner? Those dime a dozen guys?

Player by player? Jim Pyne? you mean the guy the suckful Lions thought was expendable? Lardass Brown, Tucker, and Andruzzi were at the end of their careers. Garmon was a bad pickup by inept management (you do remember me saying something about that in this thread)? Obviously you don't. You don't remember either that Orlando Brown was brought in as a UFA (you should be jumping for joy) and got put out of the league for a spell by a Ref's flag to the eye. Oh, he anchored a crappy RAVENS team o-line that won a Super Bowl because equally crappy Trent Dilfer had all freaking day to survey the field to pass to his equally crappy wide receivers.

So, you've been ragging on every Browns management team since forever- any surprise they let Faine and O'Hara walk?

Hopeless, Rich, totally hopeless case.

Larry, I never swaid drafting ONE OL high was a bad thing, HOWEVER. most championsthips are won with makeshift lines by the end of the season. Most great teams have mostly low draft picks and undrated FAs on the line.

That's just how it is.

Did you miss the Patriots O-line is almost all high picks? the Titans SB run team was the same too, in case you forgot.

Look, the Browns have drafted what would fall into the category of "playmakers" damn near every year in the first round- with the exception of Faine (still playing), Thomas (multiple Pro Bowls) and Alex Mack. Three in twelve years- so that's about par.

Rich has yet to address in any intelligent manner the fact numerous promising quarterbacks have either been ruined- or had their careers seriously shortened by defective O-lines.

OL ARE A DIME A DOZEN

Look this statement is gettin really old and absurd. Ill say, you can get by plugging a few nobodys in here and there. Ill agree that much BUT if O lineman were so insignificant as you tend to believe why do NFL teams even bother using ANY draft picks at all on them?? If they're so dime-a-dozen why don't they just sign em all as free agents. Even in collage, WHY would they waste scholarships on fatass dime-a-dozen players? They could just say hey every fatass on campus come try out. AGAIN.....YOU ARE A MORON

Don't let facts get in the way of a good delusion.

Now that is the most dead on hit the nail on the head post I've ever read on here!

BRAVO BRAVO!

And I wanna add A EXACTAMUNDO CORRECTAMUNDO that was a very accuman and astute and accute to boot!

I`d love to weigh in....

I have a prime example for you and its my beloved 49ers who I know everything about. Let me lay it out for you. The 49ers have been struggling with the offensive line for years. We had guys that could run block very well but they were a liability in pass protection. Namely guys like the piano playing Kwame Harris who was a bear in the run game, but he led the team in surrendered sacks every year and even when he didnt allow the sack he might as well have. He just forced the qb into the arms of another defender. We also had a huge hole at LG once Larry Allen retired. It was a void that was hard to fill. In Allens first year as a 49er Gore rushed for a career high 1695 yds mostly behind the future hall of famer. Then once he was gone, we were stuck at LG and our young promising RT(Kwame) never took that step. After many patch jobs and band aids the 49ers finally had enough. In the 2010 draft they had two first round picks and they made an unprecedented move. They drafted two offensive lineman in the first rd. That is unheard of in todays football world. We actually even traded up from the 13th pick to the 11th pick to draft RT Anthony Davis. Then just a few picks later(pick #17 first rd) they drafted LG Mike Iupati who was considered by most pundits to be the best Olineman in the draft.

Last year we took some lumps because we started two rookies on the offensive line. Not only that but we moved our backup gaurd David Baas to center last year do to an injury to our starting center (Eric Heitman). So last year we had 2 rookies and a guy who hadnt played center since college. Which at the time had been about 3 or 4 years.

Fast forward to this year if you will. We havent made many significant additions and our personnel is very similar to last year. The obvious difference is, The play of the offensive line. Last Years 2 rookies and previous 1st round pick Joe Staley are all playing at a high level and allowing the offense time to perform. We also added pro bowl Center Jonathan Goodwin from the Saints after we lost Baas in FA. Point is, we have invested a ton in our offensive line and its paying off big time.

If the Line doesnt open up Holes then you cant run, And if the Line cant protect then you wont have time to complete a pass. I could complete a 20 yd pass if you give me time!

Games are won and lost in the trenches... My lousy 2 cents!

Not lousy, I agree 100%

Actually, this reinforcees what Rich and I have said all along.

Just name the OL ACTAULLY PLOAYING for the SB winners. You will see that 75% of their OL s was low draft picks and undrafted Free gents..

Why didn'[t you quote PAUL BROWN? HE was much better that the guys you listed.

Nope. I already posted the offensive line for the steelers 2005-06 Super Bowl. But I'll do it again and maybe you can read it this time:

1998 draft 1st round Alan Faneca OG

2000 draft 2nd round Marvel Smith OT

2001 free agent Jeff Hartings C (former 1st rounder by the Lions)

2002 draft 1st round Kendall Simmons OG

2004 draft 3rd round Max Starks OT

It sure looks to me like 100% of the line is high picks and a prized free agent..

Nope. I already posted the offensive line for the steelers 2005-06 Super Bowl. But I'll do it again and maybe you can read it this time:

It sure looks to me like 100% of the line is high picks and a prized free agent..

gg ghoolie.

OL ARE A DIME A DOZEN

Look this statement is gettin really old and absurd. Ill say, you can get by plugging a few nobodys in here and there. Ill agree that much BUT if O lineman were so insignificant as you tend to believe why do NFL teams even bother using ANY draft picks at all on them?? If they're so dime-a-dozen why don't they just sign em all as free agents. Even in collage, WHY would they waste scholarships on fatass dime-a-dozen players? They could just say hey every fatass on campus come try out. AGAIN.....YOU ARE A MORON

NEW ORLEANS WON THE SUPER BOWL TWO YEARS AGO WITH THREE UNDRATED FREE AGENTS STARTING ON THE OLINE

DID YOU ALSO MENTION THE STEELERS OLINE CONSISTENTLY GIVE UP AMONG THE MOST SACKS EACH YEAR AND SIMMONS IS GONE AND FANECA IS GONE AND HARTINGS IS GONE AND SMITH IS GONE .......DIME A DOZEN RULES

Well if you want to hold onto that opinion- here goes..... You're have serious trouble with reading comprehension, and if you're not bothering to read everything I put down, why the hell should I bother to listen to your (horribly flawed) rationale about offensive linemen?

"Since the rebirth they spent a fortune on free agents Lomas Brown, Jim Pyne, Orlando Brown, Tony Jones, Dave Wolabaugh, Shaun O'Hara, Ryan Tucker, Ross Verba, Raod Grader Garmon, Joe Andruzzi, Eric Steinbach and others. They spent the 1st round 21 pick on Jeff Faine, the first round 21 pick on Alex Mack, the first round, 3 pick on Joe Thomas, a third round pick Lavauo, a third round pick on Fowler and 5th round pick on Pontbriand.. For all those players chased and drafted we still stink on offense. Wolabaugh, O'hara, Fowler, Mack, Faine and Pontbriand are all centers all six of em. BTW, Faine and O'Hara and Brown and Oben all played in the Super Bowl for other teams two of left tackles and two em centers after we released them or in Faine's case traded him for nearly nothing. All startes and their teams one at least three of those Super Bowls. Like I said dime a dozen!"

Dime a dozen? you mean guys like Randy Moss who got traded for a fourth round pick? Ladanian Tomlinson who got cut by the Chargers? You mean grocery bagger Arena league Kurt Warner? Those dime a dozen guys?

Player by player? Jim Pyne? you mean the guy the suckful Lions thought was expendable? Lardass Brown, Tucker, and Andruzzi were at the end of their careers. Garmon was a bad pickup by inept management (you do remember me saying something about that in this thread)? Obviously you don't. You don't remember either that Orlando Brown was brought in as a UFA (you should be jumping for joy) and got put out of the league for a spell by a Ref's flag to the eye. Oh, he anchored a crappy RAVENS team o-line that won a Super Bowl because equally crappy Trent Dilfer had all freaking day to survey the field to pass to his equally crappy wide receivers.

So, you've been ragging on every Browns management team since forever- any surprise they let Faine and O'Hara walk?

Hopeless, Rich, totally hopeless case.

Hey Larry why haven't your anybody else answered the complete post I made in detail? Yet you deflect into bs about Tomlinson and Moss! Answer my detailed post! And when your done please tell me the OL guy who was Super Bowl MVP or League MVP The fact is Larry you guys are shooting blanks and using useless stats to justify a bad position

Like I said and you nor none of your BS artists have made a statement as the why the Browns have spent more on the Oline the last 11 years than any other team and still stank

NEW ORLEANS WON THE SUPER BOWL TWO YEARS AGO WITH THREE UNDRATED FREE AGENTS STARTING ON THE OLINE

SO WHAT! LIKE BBB SAID THE 05 06 STOOLERS HAD 1ST THRU 3RD ALL ON THE LINE. EITHER WAY IT DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT U QUOTED ME ON. I'M INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT FROM YOU, IF OL IS SUCH A WASTE WHY DO TEAMS CONSTANTLY YEAR IN YEAR OUT USE DRAFT PICKS INSTEAD OF GETTIN EM VIA F.A. OR UDFA. ALSO THE COLLAGE POINT, WHY DO THEY WASTE SCHOLARSHIPS ON LARDASS DIME A DOZEN MOFO'S............................YOUR SO SMART AND RIGHT ALL THE TIME YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM ANSWERING ME ABOUT THESE TWO THINGS. ENLIGHTEN ME

Hey Larry why haven't your anybody else answered the complete post I made in detail? Yet you deflect into bs about Tomlinson and Moss! Answer my detailed post! And when your done please tell me the OL guy who was Super Bowl MVP or League MVP The fact is Larry you guys are shooting blanks and using useless stats to justify a bad position

Like I said and you nor none of your BS artists have made a statement as the why the Browns have spent more on the Oline the last 11 years than any other team and still stank

Jeezus Christ- do you have a reading comprehension problem or what? I F**cking gave you a blow by blow description of the Browns first round "playmaker" busts- AND o-line pickups- would you like me to go into the second and third round busts starting with Travis Wilson and Charlie Frye- in case you can't it through your fat head why the Browns have sucked?

Rich, this may be the last time I answer you in this thread. I'm a freaking scientist. I gave you a virtual player by player break down why the Browns O-line picks failed (except Wollabaugh). You're either not reading the posts, or you have your head stuck so far up your a$$ on this it won't matter what I say. Ignorance is bliss.

So here's the scientific analogy of your argument.

"On a clear day, the sky is pink."

"Rich, the sky is blue."

"No it isn't, and I can prove it."

"Really?"

"You see, if I look through my narrow band glasses that only see from the 650 to 700 nanometer band, the sky is most certainly pink."

Pick up your football Rich, declare victory- (gee I think you did that once- legend in your own mind) even though you've been beaten into oblivion by facts- (& sorry about your obvious factual errors- have been pointed out more than once) and come back after Rothlisberger is on IR when his o-line can't protect him anymore.

Seriously, start trolling Steelers boards and tell Homotron, Endymion, and Galfreets O-line are "Dime a Dozen" and see how far you get there, you'll get laughed off their boards too. I dare you- and I'm waiting for the link and their response.

DID YOU ALSO MENTION THE STEELERS OLINE CONSISTENTLY GIVE UP AMONG THE MOST SACKS EACH YEAR AND SIMMONS IS GONE AND FANECA IS GONE AND HARTINGS IS GONE AND SMITH IS GONE .......DIME A DOZEN RULES

Who said sacks allowed is the only way of measuring offensive line success?! Teams that throw the ball a lot are much more likely to take more sacks. The Steelers also give up a ton of sacks each year because Roethlisberger holds onto the ball too long. He can make big plays, but he also takes a lot of sacks.

I also never said the steelers offensive line is amazing right now. I was proving to you that the Steelers used high draft picks and free agency to sign offensive lineman well before they were any good this past decade. Starks is the only guy left on that offensive line, yes. But how many players are still in the league after 10+ years? Not many...

Here is a list of offensive lineman that had one of the top 10 salaries on their respective teams:

Browns 2000: Dave Wohlabaugh 3rd, Roman Oben 6th, Jim Pyne 7th

Steelers 2000: Wayne Gandy 4th, Dermonitti Dawson 5th

Browns 2001: Ross Verba 4th, Roman Oben 8th, Dave Wohlabaugh 10th

Steelers 2001: Jeff Hartings 2nd, Wayne Gandy 4th

Browns 2002: Ryan Tucker 7th, Dave Wohlabaugh 9th

Steelers 2002: Alan Faneca 2nd, Kendall Simmons 8th, Wayne Gandy 9th

Browns 2003: Jeff Faine 4th, Ross Verba 7th, Ryan Tucker 10th

Steelers 2003: Marvel Smith 1st, Jeff Hartings 4th, Alan Faneca 7th

Browns 2004: Ryan Tucker 5th, Ross Verba 8th

Steelers 2004: Alan Faneca 5th, Jeff Hartings 6th

Browns 2005: Joe Andruzzi 8th

Steelers 2005: Jeff Hartings 4th, Marvel Smith 5th, Alan Faneca 6th

Browns 2006: LeCharles Bentley 1st, Kevin Shaffer 5th

Steelers 2006: Marvel Smith 5th, Alan Faneca 6th, Jeff Hartings 9th

Browns 2007: Eric Steinbach 1st, Joe Thomas 2nd, Kevin Shaffer 5th, Hank Fraley 9th

Steelers 2007: Kendall Simmons 3rd, Sean Mahan 5th, Marvel Smith 6th, Alan Faneca 7th

Browns 2008: Joe Thomas 1st, Eric Steinbach 5th

Steelers 2008: Max Starks 2nd, Marvel Smith 7th

Browns 2009: Eric Steinbach 5th, John St. Clair 10th

Steelers 2009: Max Starks 2nd, Chris Kemoeatu 7th

I think you get the gist... The Browns haven't drafted well in the past or signed the correct free agents (Again, piss poor management in the past). But the Steelers spent high draft picks and money to keep good offensive lineman on their team for a while. The Browns have had terrible management this past decade, but they HAVE NOT spent more money on offensive lineman than the Steelers or anyone else in the league... Facts do not lie. Offensive lineman aren't a dime a dozen or teams wouldn't consistently pay them as well as they do..

I think you get the gist... The Browns haven't drafted well in the past or signed the correct free agents (Again, piss poor management in the past). But the Steelers spent high draft picks and money to keep good offensive lineman on their team for a while. The Browns have had terrible management this past decade, but they HAVE NOT spent more money on offensive lineman than the Steelers or anyone else in the league... Facts do not lie. Offensive lineman aren't a dime a dozen or teams wouldn't consistently pay them as well as they do..

But.. but... but... O line ARE dime a dozen- you don't get my extreme brilliance on being a total contrarian and butthead.

Shiite, we're even throwing Steeler stats at him (of which he proclaims as his second team) and now it's all about Big Baloney.

[[Comment deleted due to extracting unnecessary money from Dolts on sucker bets]]

But.. but... but... O line ARE dime a dozen- you don't get my extreme brilliance on being a total contrarian and butthead.

Shiite, we're even throwing Steeler stats at him (of which he proclaims as his second team) and now it's all about Big Baloney.

[[Comment deleted due to extracting unnecessary money from Dolts on sucker bets]]

Ya well I thought using his beloved Steelers could help him see the light :D

Archived