THE BROWNS BOARD

Hillis Re-Injures Hamstring

Thomaspro

It is funny that no body wants to point a finger at the medical staff. It is easy to re aggravate a hamstring injury.

I dont think Hillis is faking it. It would be an ultimate PR disaster in a year where he needs to display his talent if he wants to get paid big money.

Exactly. every game Hillis misses is costing him serious coin next year.

I won't guess what the Browns might offer next year, but it's getting less and less every game. His dumb a$$ agent should sign him now for whatever he can get. Damaged goods rbs get offered vet minimum on the FA market.

Reading this thread makes me realize i hate people.

you? this post?h

man come to nyc and hang out for a day where cyouan walk up and down the street saying hi to everyone.....and you get squadoosh for an answer.1 out of 12 people might say something to you but most of that is nasty garble.[

give me the big-hearted mofos from ohio/ iowa/some where WE where THE SHIT ACTUASLL MRASNS SOOEMTHING TO PROPKLR.]BTW WAY HAVING TH4E LASR

you? this post?h

man come to nyc and hang out for a day where cyouan walk up and down the street saying hi to everyone.....and you get squadoosh for an answer.1 out of 12 people might say something to you but most of that is nasty garble.[

give me the big-hearted mofos from ohio/ iowa/some where WE where THE SHIT ACTUASLL MRASNS SOOEMTHING TO PROPKLR.]BTW WAY HAVING TH4E LASR

How's that 151 bro? :lol:

Ahh yes...the point in the season where frustrations rise and we all start calling each other idiots, dolts, morons, simpletons, nimrods,aholes, etc, etc. :D

surprised it took this long.

Jump to conclusions much? It's just an article designed to get everyone riled up (looks like it worked!). The hamstring injury isn't fake. You can't just accept everything in that article as fact. All of the sources were so vague (this veteran, that veteran) it's hard to take it seriously. I realize Hillis has made plenty of mistakes this year, but faking an injury isn't one of them. He has had hamstring problems in the past. And any athlete knows not playing due to an injury isn't going to lead to a new contract. The Browns want him to prove that he isn't a one year wonder, and other teams around the league won't want to sign him to a big contract if he is injury prone. He has also tried to practice with it a few times and re-aggravated the injury. Read the articles where it tells how he threw down his helmet in frustration after another setback. It would also be extremely hard to fake an injury around professional trainers. Too many facts against your theory..

totally agree, and most Browns fans here and elsewhere are proving to be as fickle as ever. dude has been a stand up person up til now and highly religious taboot. nothing about the guy's history leads me to believe he is faking anything and people just don't change overnight.

i have a much easier time believing his integrity is in conflict with the new head coach and management. i can relate to having falling outs with bosses that have crippled my company growth so maybe i'm biased...or maybe i'm just empathetic.

granted, most signs pointed to him being a Fangini last year and playing through anything he possibly could but it seems this year football is more of a job to him, as it is to 99% of NFL players.

at the start it sounded to me like he was legitimately sick as a dog from the strep and had little to gain by compromising his health playing (600K / 16 = $37,500 per game!-WACK), so he took his agent's advice--as many in his situation would--and was benched for it by a boss on an ego trip with an axe to grind.

then, he pulls a hammy(!). instead of allowing it to heal in due time he may have been ushered back into service too soon by the same powers that be...and reinjures it AGAIN, which would account for his on-field frustration and helmet slam episode.

we're talking millions of dollars at stake here, let's cut him a little slack for pete's sake. he was the sole offensive catalyst last year, allowing them to win at least 4 additional games...or have we forgotten already? no way Hardesty could have filled that role in his stead.

talking heads can spin situations any way they wish to suit their purposes, and promises of exclusive access can get journalists to do very unscrupulous things. Hillis deserves more love than this. i had a friend who was once falsely accused of rape by his ex (i was there for it all and it was SUPER fuqd up) and i have seen how quickly life can tailspin when someone with an agenda decides to play games with someone else's life and livelihood. personally i will reserve judgement until we get some straight talk.

Article in PD says some teammates sat down with Hillis Wednesday to vent their displeasure with how He's handeling things...

Supposedly Joe Thomas was one of them... Thought he should have been rehabing instead of getting married in mid season...

It's not the Madden curse, it's just that the whole Madden thing went to his head.. Sort of like the peter principle (you get promoted to your level of incompetance)....

If he's not going to be healthy put him on IR and be done with him... We have some games coming up against the Bengals, Ravens and pittspuke so lets get our ducks in order and have players on the field that can play...

Side note: seems it was Mary Kay that broke the story(s)... I swear she has a love jones on Payton............

Peace

T.Dawg

red = speculation

re: "displeasure with how He's handeling things"

i didn't take that from the article at all and i think you're reading into it T Dawg. as vague as it was, it clearly said the subject matter was ALL POSITIVE.

this is pure speculation (as was yours) but it may have simply been sage advice that YOU CAN'T FIGHT CITY HALL and some tips regarding better PR choices to help finesse and spin it back his way while relieving the rest of the team of the constant barrage of "Hillis questions".

considering he's at a tipping point in a contract year and presently a lot of money is stood to be gained or lost (and things are now beginning to look badly) it's highly likely teammates and friends might offer their help right now...especially if he is obviously down in the dumps and may feel like the Head Coach, &/or President, &/or GM seem(s) out to get him. it goes without saying the powers that be are solely looking out for their best interests and not his.

after last year's effort i certainly can't fault him for doing the same, and i assume the "intervention" (bullshit label) involved offering some experience and wisdom in an effective way to go about it.

Gafreleets, I'll buy that...

Seems He's changed 180 degrees from last year...

Peace

T.Dawg

"seems" being the operative word here. just like it "seems" Mary Kay broke the story, or he "seemed" to sshhrrmmrr like he could probably play vs Miami, or he "seems" like he's faking a hammy etc.

it goes on.

it "seems" to me we really don't know WHAT is going on, and until Hillis has a legitimate public voice we won't know for certain.

This thread is full of assumption.

I don't have a reaction to the Hillis drama until I have information. What's the point of deciding you have a position on this until we have all the information? Either way, we're wrong.

What's the proof that he does not have a hamstring injury? Someone's conclusion that "you're incredibly naive" if you think that?

What's the proof that he's making a move for a new contract? The fact that he had a bad agent? I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt -- that's the definition of the term. And if you think he "should" have been able to go.. what's your proof that he did not have strep?

Ugh.

You are extremely naive.

I'm sorry you bought a Hillis jersey. Really, I am. But the guy is just being a douchebag this season, and there's no way you can possibly defend him. It will come out in future weeks that he suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder, and that he suffers bouts of depression, I'm sure. There's just no other explanation.

Then why did he get traded from Denver for not getting along, and why did the players have to give him a fccking intervention? Lol that's unheard of to me. Sounds like a locker room cancer.

Do you think you can just make sh!t up and nobody will call you on it?

He was traded because a new coach came in and wanted to use "his guy", and because they wanted another quarterback on the roster. The Denver fans AND the other players loved Hillis (except for Moreno, probably).

There was no "intervention". They reiterated that on the broadcast today. That was a team leadership group that meets every week, which Hillis is a member of.

The media has worked their "hit job" magic and performed a successful character assassination on Hillis. And too many fans have fallen for it.

whatever you say, TCPO. you are entitled to your opinion, as am i.

we have read each other's posts for years. your cynical reply doesn't surprise me a bit...nor does your knee-jerk reaction to journalist spin. :D

I think you are mistaking me for someone else.

whatever you say, TCPO. you are entitled to your opinion, as am i.

we have read each other's posts for years. your cynical reply doesn't surprise me a bit...nor does your knee-jerk reaction to journalist spin. :D

I think you are mistaking me for someone else.

He was traded because a new coach came in and wanted to use "his guy", and because they wanted another quarterback on the roster. The Denver fans AND the other players loved Hillis (except for Moreno, probably).

There was no "intervention". They reiterated that on the broadcast today. That was a team leadership group that meets every week, which Hillis is a member of.

The media has worked their "hit job" magic and performed a successful character assassination on Hillis. And too many fans have fallen for it.

Yeah bro the media is out to get him for being too awesome.

THE CYSCO KID?

you mean the san francisco kid? as in san francisco treat?

wow. you have no clue what football is about.

hillis was great for the browns last year. now he wants money and he got hurt. what do you do as an org? suck his dick when he's not producing and pay him big bucks?

RB is the most replaceable position on a football squad.

hillis is a nice guy i guess (dumb as a bag of arkansas rocks) but what does that get you with a pair of dull scissors at the end of the day? nutin.

exactly. he should have hired a better agent. like OJ did back in the day.

THE CYSCO KID?

hillis was great for the browns last year. now he wants money and he got hurt. what do you do as an org? suck his dick when he's not producing and pay him big bucks?

RB is the most replaceable position on a football squad.

hillis is a nice guy i guess (dumb as a bag of arkansas rocks) but what does that get you with a pair of dull scissors at the end of the day? nutin.

You must be confused.

THE CYSCO KID?

is the most replaceable position on a football squad.

MikTOXIC as in toxic avenger??? As in a deformed weirdo with a mop? Jeez you must know all there is to know. Cue Christian bale... Oh good for you. That's nice.

Hillis as part of the leadership group? "There's your problem"

you? this post?h

what? :blink:

Archived