THE BROWNS BOARD

You Are Delusional If You Think The Browns Get Luck.

Rockefeller

Alright. Who hacked Ghoolie's account?

Browns played hard down the stretch through the losses, never quit. Guys like Sheard and Rubin could make a fan out of anyone watching. This is not your typical "we really suck and have no direction, what are we going to do?" off-season. This is "we've got some badass players, top draftpicks and a kettle full of money ... let's turn this bitch around" offseason.

Ghoolie is probably switching up because he senses a turn and he wants to go along for the ride. I'm sure it"s a lot more fun to pick on Retarded Steeler fans than tough as nails Browns fans.

Zombo

cause its that easy....right?

lmao....

sigh...every offseason is the same for bronws fans...."so and so is beast and will put us into the playoffs!" julio jones was so awesome this year his team won less games and squeaked into the playoffs....

lets see how the shrine and senior bowl look before we start zeroing in on one player that looks good against guys that will be bagging groceries next month.

Think about it, it's truer this year and next more than ever. This year the Browns would of really benefited from a top wide out. We lost 6 GAMES, WTF 6 GAMES by a TD or less. 6 Games. One less drop a game, one more big play could of won at least 3 of those (not taking into account the play calling, which will be fixed with Childress). Blackmon for sure.

I would be very happy with RG3, or Blackmon or both. Blackmon looked impressive last night and has speed on top of that. Add him to the mix with Cribbs and Little and get Watson and Moore into our game plan and we could have a decent offense.

We do need to shore up our OL though. Colt could actually work out with a better line. But I still have my doubts about a barely over 6' QB who can't see over his linemen, and has multiple passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage. Colt and Seneca are basically the same player IMO. They both give and take in certain areas, but if you looked at them in Madden, they would have the same player rating. If we could land RG3 and Blackmon in the same draft, that would be stellar, highly unlikely but that would be great.

Think about it, it's truer this year and next more than ever. This year the Browns would of really benefited from a top wide out. We lost 6 GAMES, WTF 6 GAMES by a TD or less. 6 Games. One less drop a game, one more big play could of won at least 3 of those (not taking into account the play calling, which will be fixed with Childress). Blackmon for sure.

and in 2010, we lost 7 games by a TD or less. was that the problem then as well?

and in 2010, we lost 7 games by a TD or less. was that the problem then as well?

Yes. We didn't pick a play maker. I liked our draft very much. But I think if we concentrated on a #1 receiver, possibly sign a vet WR to mentor Blackmon and Little and draft a run stopper. Yes I think that could be the difference between 4 and 6-7 wins.

Will we get Luck? It's possible.

Will he fall to us at #4? Highly unlikely.

Will the Colts act like they are set on Luck? Absolutely... If they really want him, it costs them nothing. If they really don't, it only increases the trade value of their pick. It's the oldest draft gambit known to man. The key to watch will be how intense the pre-draft contract negotiations become... and we're a long way from then.

Can the Colts afford Luck and Manning? That gets interesting. IIRC Peyton restructured a couple years ago to allow more talent to be signed. He sure as hell would have no interested in restructuring again to enable them to sign his replacement.

Luck's main weakness is his lack of vertical prowness. Even in tonights game, a lot of his success came with short compact throws and timing routes showing his great touch.

Yeah.. it's not like we're running the West Coast Offense or anything... B)

Seriously, in the Tostitos he fit some throws into some pretty tight windows. And when he had WR's open deep he laid the ball right in there. He missed a grand total of 4 passes. I could live with that sort of performance.

Of course the Rams are going with new schemes and so may the Colts.

Yup... and as pointed out there are Senior Bowls... and can't forget the Combine... and individual work outs.

There's a whole lot of chest thumping and gnashing of teeth 'round here based upon an incomplete data set...

In other words it's a Forum...

At no point is a "vet WR" ever a good investment. Never. If Blackmon's available, no hesitation; if he's not available, get Wright at the bottom of the first.

Of course we're going to get OL help - one of those first 3 picks will be an OT/OG for the right side. If Steinbach is healthy (big if) then we have a great LG; if not, a gigantic contract comes off the books and our big FA signing should be a stud LG to replace him.

Oh, and to those of you who think we should get nothing but skill positions: That's the Dallas Cowboy strategy.. and they're not in the playoffs for two years in a row with All-Pros at QB, both starting WR's, and an all-Pro performance from their RB committee.

Archived