THE BROWNS BOARD

Views On Randy Lerner From A Villa Fan

praymondo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soccer is still totally lame though. Maybe its a cultural thing,.I just don't get how its exciting or fun to watch at all.

I feel like interest in a sport is usually directly related to how good you are at that sport. If you're not good at it, you don't want to spend the time to learn about the game and its nuances. Therefore, when you try to watch soccer, and you end up seeing a goalless draw, you feel let down, because you don't know what to appreciate in the 90 minutes that the game is running.

Let's put it this way, whenever you see Peyton Hillis break through to the secondary, you get excited. It might not score any points, but it is a first down and it puts you into scoring position. With soccer, I feel the same way when a team moves the ball upfield with quick, difficult, and accurate passes. Since soccer's a lot more fluid, you don't really pay attention to it if you aren't looking for it. People who just sit down and watch soccer without knowing much about it simply would just see that the team didn't score a goal.

One way to brighten up a soccer match, by giving players electric shocks for fun throughout the game. this video is funny need to watch through.

press cc button for subtitles

how can any sport be gay ? Infact in soccer there is way less physical contact among men than NFL. Soccer is boring atleast the way Aston Villa play. But then again the way the Browns play is also boring. Maybe it is due to the Randy Lerner effect ?

Anyways bring the thread back to focus on the reason why it was started, Randy can be though of more like a stock holder. Someone who "invests" in a company but knows jack squat about the product, the manufacturing or the business in general. He relies on those who run the company to make it successful.

Hope that helps.

I've just replied to Zombo's statement that soccer is gay. Everyone is entitled to have his/her own opinion but I think everyone should at least make a little effort in understanding different cultures, sports included.

I would just ask everyone to go back to page one and read all the things that were written about soccer, or football as we European call it (see the irony?). Is there anybody in this forum that can make the same effort that we European make in understanding (and loving) american football or baseball? I've been through it and I can assure you it is not difficult. All it takes is a little bit of open mind to understand other countries and cultures.

But while you go back to page one, please have another look at some of the statements on WW2. God! I thought Beavis & Butthead were cartoons...

I've just replied to Zombo's statement that soccer is gay. Everyone is entitled to have his/her own opinion but I think everyone should at least make a little effort in understanding different cultures, sports included.

I would just ask everyone to go back to page one and read all the things that were written about soccer, or football as we European call it (see the irony?). Is there anybody in this forum that can make the same effort that we European make in understanding (and loving) american football or baseball? I've been through it and I can assure you it is not difficult. All it takes is a little bit of open mind to understand other countries and cultures.

But while you go back to page one, please have another look at some of the statements on WW2. God! I thought Beavis & Butthead were cartoons...

TIDP, we love our European contingent here.

Those that know me personally knew my tongue was firmly in cheek and were having a laugh.

I just didn't want a bunch of Villa homos coming over here and talking about Randy Lerner ... I hate that dude right now.

Behind the scenes, I asked a couple of Brits on the board if I were offending them, they said no, they were laughing their asses off.

99% of what I do is to amuse myself. No real Europeans were harmed in the making of this thread.

Zombo

--Besides, they started the WWII stuff...

A few years back I met a women at a work related meeting. She said she was from the Cleveland area so I immediately said "oh yeah, Browns Fan?". Her reply was that her and her family used to be Browns fan but by claiming to be a Browns marks you as a certain type of person that they didn't want to be a associated with. Since I had just made it known that I was a fan I took her comment to be an insult. Well after reading this thread I know what she meant. It's not that I was offended by anything said in it but just the overall uninformed, uneducated, close-minded, juvenile plain stupid nature of it. Not by all mind you, there where a few rational comments and if you wrote one of those you know who you are.

Oh yah, you Brits are just as guilty.

Just read Zombo's post while writing mine. I'll give him a pass.

Those that know me personally knew my tongue was firmly in cheek and were having a laugh.

I just didn't want a bunch of Villa homos coming over here and talking about Randy Lerner ... I hate that dude right now.

Behind the scenes, I asked a couple of Brits on the board if I were offending them, they said no, they were laughing their asses off.

99% of what I do is to amuse myself. No real Europeans were harmed in the making of this thread.

Zombo

I accept your apology, Zombo. :P

Seriously speaking I did not feel neither offended nor harmed by the things that were written. Without hearing the tone of the voice many things you read on a forum are easily misunderstood and this is what I thought we should avoid.

Besides I think that way too many people tend to judge things they don't know enough about (and I'm not necessarily meaning you, Zombo). This morning I told one colleague I was a bit tired because yesterday night I watched the playoff game until 2:30 am and he was looking at me the way you'd look at an alien from Mars "you watched what...? How can you like...that...?". Needless to say I told him exactly what I thought of people judging things without knowing them...

Maybe I overreacted in my post but at least you know why. ;)

Zombo

Inter-tough-guy-April.jpg

internet-tough-guy.jpg

I think I was honest about how big I am.

At the tailgates every year.

There are pictures.

You should try showing up to one instead of posting Retarded pictures like a ninth grader.

Zombo

My Grandad had to identify the bodies of his sister and her whole family after an air raid and he also lost another brother during the blitz. My mother (a school girl) was shot at by the luftwaffe on her way home from school. Don't take the piss out of things you do not know or understand. Your post is about as offensive as it can get. Grow up prick!

That sucks, and your country didn't fight back. Sounds like WWII was not under control when your own children were dying and your country didn't do much about it. Sounds like I know and understand exactly what I am talking about. Stop pretending your ancestors are the only ones who lost family during the war.

Archived