THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Manning To Be Released (Rumor)

Nw220

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Thursday morning that "people around the league" expect the Colts to release Peyton Manning before his $28 million option bonus comes due on March 8.

"Most people around the league now expect (Manning to be cut)," Schefter said. "It's a near-certainty." Manning is not expected to be healthy before the payout comes due, and he isn't worth the $35.4M gamble (roster bonus plus salary) when the Colts will be drafting his successor with the No. 1 overall pick in April, anyway. "Every single sign points to Peyton Manning leaving Indianapolis," Schefter reiterated. Look for the Dolphins and Cardinals to be the NFL's two most interested teams once Manning hits free agency.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm Shocked ! IF not for Peyton, Colts will be as successful as say the Houston Texans at the best. That guy earned the owner all the fame and the money. One year he gets injured and boom they think about paying him 28 million bonus. The owner is just pulling the trigger on the franchise (which he has every right too) and does not talk to the one man who changed the destiny of the franchise and the one man who is the face of the franchise and he expects the face of the franchise to just shut up and await instructions from this guy ?

If the NFL is a business and the owner feels justified in what he did and leave Peyton hanging then Peyton is justified in commenting about the situation.

I hope Peyton gets cut and he moves to some other team and comes back to goto the superbowl.

i'm with Zombo on this. Let's make an aggressive run at Manning. The outcome would likely not work out for us, but we'd get back in the ballgame and provide somemuch needed energy in the organization at all levels. Hell, it would be fun- win or lose. We need to have some fun on this team.

I think not. With his injury, he'll get a guaranteed part of his contract,

and his neck injury could flare up anytime.

Peyton is one of, if not the, greatest, but it's time for him to hang it up,

and be a qb coach.

I like his new commercial though. It's funny.

[quote name='King Ghoolie Lives' timestamp='1327643857' post='269396'

You forget something, Archie and Peyton are whiners and complainers. Archie made sure his boy went to a team committed to winning. Manning is NOT going to go to a shit team now, just like he refused to be drafted by a shit team, then.

Hey pimpledick, your thinking about the wrong Manning....Eli was the one who whined about who drafted him....not Peyton. Just goes to show your just a fatass RE-RE who doesnt know shit about football.

If he is healthy enough, and is willing to play, he'll go to a team that has a legit shot at a SB without an elite QB. I see the Jets, Cards (maybe) or hopefully San Fransisco, if the price is right going after him.

I don't think Manning would want to go to the Jets after all the locker room problems they had this past year. Not to mention he would have to deal with Rex Ryan and would play in the same city as his younger brother..

Manning would be a perfect fit in Arizona. Fitzgerald is a true #1 receiver and the Cardinals have a solid defense and special teams..

I don't think Manning would want to go to the Jets after all the locker room problems they had this past year. Not to mention he would have to deal with Rex Ryan and would play in the same city as his younger brother..

Manning would be a perfect fit in Arizona. Fitzgerald is a true #1 receiver and the Cardinals have a solid defense and special teams..

True, Arizona's defense down the stretch was excellent. The only issue is Oline and receivers outside of Fitz. But man, I really don't want him to go there. They could be a helluva team.

Hey pimpledick, your thinking about the wrong Manning....Eli was the one who whined about who drafted him....not Peyton. Just goes to show your just a fatass RE-RE who doesnt know shit about football.

In fairness to Ghoolie, he was talking about Eli....I didn't read it to mean he was talking about Peyton.

I also agree with Ghoolie in that Manning has his choice of teams and has had plenty of big paydays, so money alone isn't going to sway the decision.

I'd say Cleveland would be pretty far down the list.

Plus...Shurmer wants to call plays. Manning isn't going to let Pat Shurmer call his plays.

wow...this thread smells of desperation...

And why wouldn't it?

Ever look at the team's record since 1999?

If you ranked all NLR teams, Cleveland would have to rank close to last on Manning list. For a variety of reasons.

OTOH, crappy GB enticed Reggie White go move to the frozen tundra. Complete turnaround for that team if, for no other reason, it put GB on the NFL map for FA and other players.

great...input...

i know....its pathetic. so desperate for a winner that these are the kinds of solutions that are suggested.

'lets bring in this old as dirt QB that is coming off 3 neck surgeries in a year, that likes to run his own system, and that only brought one championship to his current team to take over an abortion of a team and in no time flat, will have us competing for the superbowl year in and year out.'

the shit the last few weeks is getting ever more fucking stupid around here. do any of you ever fucking consider worse case scenarios when you assume that peyton coming here would immediately elevate us to relevance? you really think adding manning would make us the new colts?

then why the fuck are they letting him go? jesus A-....

deductive reasoning.....try it folks. while you like to say little things like "if he's healthy, we are a playoff team", thats a pretty fucking god damn BIG IF. how many of you even gave any thought to how good he would be post-serious-fucking-surgery? desipte the reasonable few, it seems common opinion by many here that its a given he will be the same peyton manning we have always watched.

know why the browns have sucked for so long? cause the guys making decisions have no more logic than the average fan.

OTOH, crappy GB enticed Reggie White go move to the frozen tundra.

oh, you mean the packers that went 9-7 under holmgren his first year? yeah, they were pretty crappy huh? especially with that unconventional gunslinger creating press and media attention?

revisionist history <<<< facts

If I had to make a guess, I think Manning would either retire or go to the Titans. I think he would relish the chance to smack Irsay in his fat, stupid mouth and be back in the state where he went to college.

Granted, I know nothing about his intentions or the Titans' dedication to Jake Locker, but I think Manning would guarantee sellouts every game next season for the Titans.

I will vote no on going for Manning. This has Favre 2 written all over it. That and he is one Harrison cheap shot away from doing the best impression Of Christopher Reeve you will ever see.

No, we aren't going after Manning. Holmgren, Shurmur and company are too married to their offensive system to let Manning come in here with his own people and own ideas and win for a change.

We are going to sink or swim with this offense ... I just hope they are either getting Blackmon for Colt or getting Griffin to run it.

Zombo

Peyton Manning would never come to Cleveland to run WCO..Where Peyton goes his offense travels

He wants a team thats Super Bowl ready..The Cleveland Browns will not be in that position any time soon boys and girls.

Lets not talk about this anymore please.

I'm sure if they got him they'd let him be his own OC and bring the P.Manning playbook with him.

Id love to see him play again but I'm pretty pessimistic about the whole situation. Neck injuries are bad enough but when you throw in the nerve damage and his age as well the situation starts looking much more bleak. He'll make a hell of an offensive coordinator/coach though

This is never going to happen (Mannning coming here) but there are some interesting things. We have Joe Thomas protecting his blindside, and will get better when we get Steinbach back. If we were to get Manning for let say three years, we could focus on getting offensive weapons in this years draft with our two first round picks. We had a pretty decent defense this year, something Manning never had in Indy, and they are young and getting better. We could make it work , but he is not willingly going to come here.

Peyton Manning would never come to Cleveland to run WCO..Where Peyton goes his offense travels

He wants a team thats Super Bowl ready..The Cleveland Browns will not be in that position any time soon boys and girls.

Lets not talk about this anymore please.

You know what team that may be? It would be the Ravens, boys & girls. A healthy Manning is an upgrade over Flacco, and everything else is in place. Good o-line- check. Nice running back- check. Decent receivers- check. Stud defense- check. Respected HC- check. I think Ozzie would trade a first round pick for a Super Bowl win.

OTOH, for you dreamers the Browns have none of that- yet. Peyton ain't coming here guys.

You know what team that may be? It would be the Ravens, boys & girls. A healthy Manning is an upgrade over Flacco, and everything else is in place. Good o-line- check. Nice running back- check. Decent receivers- check. Stud defense- check. Respected HC- check. I think Ozzie would trade a first round pick for a Super Bowl win.

OTOH, for you dreamers the Browns have none of that- yet. Peyton ain't coming here guys.

you know that really does make a lot of sense for Baltimore. Wacco sucks bench him, and get your bowl while ray ray and the defense are still playing.

though he will still have to face Harrison 2 times a year and that can be really bad news.

you know that really does make a lot of sense for Baltimore. Wacco sucks bench him, and get your bowl while ray ray and the defense are still playing.

though he will still have to face Harrison 2 times a year and that can be really bad news.

Harrison is washed up. Tim Tebow made him his bitch in the wild card game.

While we're at it how about we shove ground cinnamon up our asses and see if we can shit out some apple doughnuts.

What in the world would Manning come to Cleveland for? We have shit running backs and shit WRs, and we have a shit FO to boot.

You forget something, Archie and Peyton are whiners and complainers. Archie made sure his boy went to a team committed to winning. Manning is NOT going to go to a shit team now, just like he refused to be drafted by a shit team, then.

Teams he might play for? Jets, Ravens, Eagles, Falcons or maybe even The Bears. What he won't even think about. let alone consider, is Cleveland. Let's not be idiotic, shall we?

While Cleveland might not be completely out of that picture, it is true that the Mannings would want to obviously control his destiny.

One location you may consider: The Tennessee Titans.

i know....its pathetic. so desperate for a winner that these are the kinds of solutions that are suggested.

'lets bring in this old as dirt QB that is coming off 3 neck surgeries in a year, that likes to run his own system, and that only brought one championship to his current team to take over an abortion of a team and in no time flat, will have us competing for the superbowl year in and year out.'

the shit the last few weeks is getting ever more fucking stupid around here. do any of you ever fucking consider worse case scenarios when you assume that peyton coming here would immediately elevate us to relevance? you really think adding manning would make us the new colts?

then why the fuck are they letting him go? jesus A-....

deductive reasoning.....try it folks. while you like to say little things like "if he's healthy, we are a playoff team", thats a pretty fucking god damn BIG IF. how many of you even gave any thought to how good he would be post-serious-fucking-surgery? desipte the reasonable few, it seems common opinion by many here that its a given he will be the same peyton manning we have always watched.

know why the browns have sucked for so long? cause the guys making decisions have no more logic than the average fan.

Yea screw that. We don't want Manning. Let's go get Brett Favre!

FAVRE, FAVRE, FAVRE, FAVRE, FAVRE!!!!!

Archived