THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Manning To Be Released (Rumor)

Nw220

Hate to bring this up, but did anyone read the article about Dan Snyder possibly just giving Fisher and the Rams money for the 2nd pick to help them stay in STL? Here's the link:

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/2/9/2787187/are-the-pieces-of-a-rg3-trade-coming-together

Can he actually do that? Just throw money at them to renovate their stadium? Ugh, the idea of trying to outbid the Redskins just makes me cringe. I think it's more likely we get Flynn or draft someone like Tannehill, Foles, Wilson, Moore or Keenum.

WARNING!!! BLOGGER ON CRACK

You can buy a pick in the NBA, but I sincerely doubt that's legal in the NFL. Never been done before. And if the Browns want RGIII that badly, Lerner has about as much money as Snyder, AND better draft picks to throw at the Rams.

It would be way cheaper for the Redskins is actual $$$ and draft picks to throw the house at Peyton Manning, should he be released. Stay tuned.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WARNING!!! BLOGGER ON CRACK

You can buy a pick in the NBA, but I sincerely doubt that's legal in the NFL. Never been done before. And if the Browns want RGIII that badly, Lerner has about as much money as Snyder, AND better draft picks to throw at the Rams.

It would be way cheaper for the Redskins is actual $$$ and draft picks to throw the house at Peyton Manning, should he be released. Stay tuned.

Are you kidding? Has anybody in the NFL ever outbid Daniel Snyder on anything? It's not about how much money Lerner has it's about the fact that Snyder throws it away like it's absolutely nothing on that organization and Lerner doesn't do that with the Browns (smartly). Lerner would actually think "the price is too high" or "that's too much" while Snyder would just give it away (this is the man who okay'd giving Haynesworth $100 million)

There seems to be a debate as to whether or not it would be legal. It doesn't seem like it would be, but apparently it's not specifically stated in the rules.

The Redskins already said they are absolutely not giving draft picks up for Peyton Manning. I think they are definitely the Browns biggest competition for RG3 and the thing that concerns me most is the close relationship between Fisher and Shanahan. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a deal way before draft day.

Also, I have to honestly ask, what key players on the Browns do you think we could trade? I hate to sound negative, but I'm not sure who anyone would want - particularly at the most coveted skill positions (RB, WR, TE, LB, DB)

Are you kidding? Has anybody in the NFL ever outbid Daniel Snyder on anything? It's not about how much money Lerner has it's about the fact that Snyder throws it away like it's absolutely nothing on that organization and Lerner doesn't do that with the Browns (smartly). Lerner would actually think "the price is too high" or "that's too much" while Snyder would just give it away (this is the man who okay'd giving Haynesworth $100 million)

There seems to be a debate as to whether or not it would be legal. It doesn't seem like it would be, but apparently it's not specifically stated in the rules.

The Redskins already said they are absolutely not giving draft picks up for Peyton Manning. I think they are definitely the Browns biggest competition for RG3 and the thing that concerns me most is the close relationship between Fisher and Shanahan. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a deal way before draft day.

Also, I have to honestly ask, what key players on the Browns do you think we could trade? I hate to sound negative, but I'm not sure who anyone would want - particularly at the most coveted skill positions (RB, WR, TE, LB, DB)

To answer your first question last- the Browns have Ward, Haden, and Thomas as potential players another team could want. The Redskins have Gaffney and Orakpo.

OK, let's do a hypothetical Snyder gives away the farm to get RGIII. His first & second rounders this year, next year's first and Gaffney (who the Rams could use). We're not matching that level of stupidity.

I'm on record the most I would give up (in addition to our #4 overall) is our second rounder this year and a third next year.

Archived