THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Manning To Be Released (Rumor)

Nw220

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Cleveland might not be completely out of that picture, it is true that the Mannings would want to obviously control his destiny.

One location you may consider: The Tennessee Titans.

If i had to guess, I would say the titans are on the top of his short list.

Ok maybe i'm the asshole, but I don't see this FO ever even CONSIDERING the idea of Manning coming to Cleveland. Completely different QB than what they are attempting to run playwise... And quite frankly our QB's get hit WAAAAYYYYY too much for him to be that dumb to chance it.

Ever watch Peyton try to scramble????...it ain't pretty!!!!

Seriously fucking Manning has more football authority than Holmgren,Shurmur,Childress combined.

They want a guy they can boss around and put the blame on, not a guy who could potentially make them look bad.

Peyton never had to scramble bro, he has the smarts to recognize blitzes at the line and gets rid of the ball before the rush gets to him.

That lanky statue mother fucker never takes a big hit from the rush.

We're what? 20 million under the cap? I'd sign the draft picks this year and throw the rest at Manning. Even if he only gives us one year, I'd take it. If he comes into the season healthy, were instantly Superbowl contenders.

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Yeah, this isn't sounding good for ol' Peyton:

Sources fearful over Manning’s ability to return

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

52 minutes ago

INDIANAPOLIS – For all the discussion over Peyton Manning’s future with the Indianapolis Colts, the underlying issue is that people close to him don’t believe he’ll resume his career.

The nerves in Manning’s arm are not healing as quickly as hoped and, worse, don’t appear to be progressing at enough of a rate to indicate that he will play again, according to two sources with knowledge of Manning’s rehabilitation from neck surgery. The vertebrae in his neck that were fused have healed as expected and Manning began throwing in December. But he hasn’t shown improvement in velocity on his passes, and the two sources fear he likely never will again.

In addition, two league-affiliated doctors with experience in spinal fusion surgery said it could take up to a year before Manning knows if he can return. Both said the risk is too great for Manning to play again and, because of the timeline, neither would recommend the Colts pay Manning the $28 million bonus he is owed in March.

Manning couldn’t be reached for comment.

[ Related: WR Underwood sports patriotic haircut ]

Colts owner Jim Irsay declined to talk about Manning’s health on Monday before a news conference, but did say, “There are no cases of quarterbacks going through this.”

Irsay may have no choice but to let go of Manning. While some people have tried to paint the situation as Irsay choosing to move on from Manning as he rebuilds the Colts after a 2-14 season, that was not Irsay’s intention months ago. In October, Irsay discussed the optimal situation of having both Manning and his heir apparent on the roster simultaneously.

“Guys like that come along so rarely,” Irsay said on Oct. 10 at an NFL owners meeting in Houston, referring to Manning and perceived No. 1 overall pick Andrew Luck (although Irsay has since indicated that Robert Griffin III could also be the selection). “Even if that means that guy sits for three or four years, you’d certainly think about taking him … you see what Green Bay did with [brett] Favre and [Aaron] Rodgers and you’d like to be able to do the same thing.”

At this point, that scenario is unlikely and not because Irsay doesn’t want to pay the money for Manning. Rather, Manning has hit a plateau in his rehabilitation in terms of getting stronger, both sources said. While atrophy in the arm was expected, the fact that it hasn’t improved recently is an ominous sign.

[ Related: Irsay says he’s done talking about Manning amid Super Bowl week ]

“If you’re getting consistent improvement, then that’s OK. Even if it’s going from lifting 10 pounds to 15 pounds to 20 pounds over a stretch of weeks, that’s fine,” said a doctor who has not seen Manning but has a background in spinal surgery. “If you hit a plateau, that’s a problem. … Now, I say that, but I also tell patients who have been through it that it can take up to a year to find out exactly how much strength you’re going to get back.

“Right now, Peyton is at about six months. He should have a much better idea by July or August just how far he’s going to get … even then, that’s only a part of it. You can tell about 80 percent of how the nerves and the muscles are healing by rehab. What you really have to see is how his arm holds up when he starts to throw. Does he have the same velocity on the 15-yard out? Can he throw the 60-yard pass? Can he throw for 30 minutes before his arm gets tired? Can he throw for an hour? It’s a very complicated process.” It’s a process Irsay may not be able to gamble on at this point.

As for Manning’s side of it, he remains confident that he will return to action next season even as the progress remains slow. Last week in an extensive interview with Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star, Manning expressed frustration as to why so many people who he has worked with over the years have been let go by the team, including team president Bill Polian and coach Jim Caldwell. While Manning understands the team needing to move forward, he believes he will be able to play again.

[ Yahoo! Sports Radio: Jason Cole on Irsay-Manning relationship]

“Any athlete is going to remain confident,” one source said. “He wants to play again. He’s going to do everything he can to get out there.”

Sadly, that may not be enough.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_peyton_manning_colts_neck_surgery_jim_irsay013012&print=1

Z, I've been harping on this for weeks. Even a 100% healthy Manning is nothing more than a 2 year quick fix that would have to be dealt with down the road anyway. You should know with 100% certainty H&H aren't in the quick fix mode.

Here's Dr Hoorta's opinion on Manning. When you have a spinal fusion, you're putting even more stress on the vertebrae above and below the fusion. You lose at least 5 degrees of flexibility due to the surgery. Now I couldn't find out exactly which two vertebrae Manning had fused- but I do know enough neurology to say you bust loose a C1 or C2 from a blindside hit, you're dead, and dislocating other cervical bones can result in para-or quadriplegia.

Hang 'em up Peyton- you can make $28 million doing SONY commercials, or join Aikman up in the broadcast booth.

And just as they were getting all lathered up in Houston...

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/01/solomon-if-manning-on-market-texans-should-be-first-in-line/

It would be sad if Peyton can't go out on his own terms...

Peyton Manning’s doctor gives QB clearance to play

By MICHAEL MAROT, AP Sports Writer

INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Peyton Manning is cleared to play football. Still not so clear is whether it will be with the Indianapolis Colts.

He got the good news Thursday while little brother Eli was making final preparations to lead the New York Giants against the New England Patriots in Sunday’s Super Bowl—something big brother always aims for.

Maybe there’s even a Manning vs. Manning Super Bowl in the offing.

What remains unsettled, though, is Peyton’s status with the Colts and whether he and team owner Jim Irsay can patch up their very public spat.

At least it’s a possibility now that Manning’s surgeon has given the star quarterback clearance to start taking hits again.

“Peyton Manning underwent a thorough medical re-evaluation as part of a postoperative visit with his surgeon,” Dr. Robert Watkins said in a statement. “As a result of this examination, Manning is medically cleared to play professional football.”

Colts owner Jim Irsay responded to Watkins’ statement by writing on Twitter that Manning has not been cleared to play by the team because he has not passed its physical. He said the club would issue a statement later Friday.

That’s just another piece of this muddled mess.

The Colts owe Manning a $28 million roster bonus by March 8, they want to use the No. 1 pick in this year’s draft on Manning’s successor and they must make key decisions over the next five weeks without knowing yet how much room they’ll have under the salary cap.

Manning, who turns 36 in March, had neck surgery in September—his third in 19 months.

“We’re in a holding pattern in that respect,” new general manager Ryan Grigson said when asked if the uncertainty would prevent the Colts from doing business with their soon-to-be free agents. “Until it is (resolved), we’re going to go about our business as usual.”

Nobody seems to know how this will play out.

The biggest problem in Manning’s recovery has been regaining the strength in his throwing arm. That’s something Manning and the Colts have not discussed, and, apparently, it’s not even a topic between the two brothers.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen with Peyton,” Eli Manning said. “I know he is rehabbing. He is going to try to get better. I know he wants to continue to play football, if that’s an option. The No. 1 priority for him is to get to 100 percent. Until he gets to that position, it’s tough to say what is going to happen.”

The Manning circus has dominated the headlines at Indianapolis’ first Super Bowl.

It started with rumors about Manning’s possible retirement, and the Colts’ pending statement will certainly keep Peyton in the headlines—and overshadow his brother’s quest for a second Super Bowl title—for a fifth consecutive day.

The question is whether the Colts are willing to pay a 36-year-old quarterback who has had three neck surgeries in 19 months.

And there have been growing indications the Colts may be ready to part with their longtime franchise player, though Irsay will make the final call.

“You can’t do things to where you are going to hurt the whole franchise with other decisions that you know might hurt at the moment, but in the end they help the sum of the parts,” Grigson said. “It is a tough deal in this business, and it happens at every position. It happens with coaching, it happens with people in personnel and it is completely part of the process and the business.”

Irsay and Manning are scheduled to meet again next week.

Last month, the Colts fired vice chairman Bill Polian, general manager Chris Polian, coach Jim Caldwell and most of Caldwell’s assistants. The flurry of moves prompted Manning to go public with his complaints, which drew a strong rebuke from Irsay.

The two appeared to mend fences Friday.

But the onslaught of Manning news just keeps coming.

“It’s hard not to pay attention. It seems to be all over the news everywhere and I don’t live in a cave,” said Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck, the presumed successor to Manning.

“You never really replace someone like that,” he added. “He (Manning) is such an iconic sports figure especially for this city, this area. From what I understand, he’s done so many great things outside of football and in the community.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsfYmqZa_0jM_LrWtBXuoGxDubYF?slug=ap-colts-manning

can't believe the peyton/colt circus is upstaging little eli a couple days before only the biggest fuckin game of his life.

shamless self promotion and bad form by peyton, his physicians and the colts FO. my image of them (colts) as one of the classiest franchises

in the league will be changed forever. i'd be pisssed as hell if i were eli. what say you daddy archie? get your idiot son in line.

I don't see anything negative from this as far as Eli is concerned. Its just extra motivation to go out in Sunday and prove that he should've been getting the attention. If I was a Giants fan I would be extremely happy about this. Extra motivation is always a good thing especially when the stakes are as high as they are.

I don't see anything negative from this as far as Eli is concerned. Its just extra motivation to go out in Sunday and prove that he should've been getting the attention. If I was a Giants fan I would be extremely happy about this. Extra motivation is always a good thing especially when the stakes are as high as they are.

Hell, it is probably designed to take pressure of Eli and onlt Payton.

The Manning Effect

Feb 03, 2012 -- 6:28pm

By Chris Fedor

Could Peyton Manning be holding the Cards when it comes to the Browns’ off-season?

While the Super Bowl festivities are underway in Indianapolis, all the talk is about a quarterback with the last name Manning.

Not the one that you would think, though.

The buzz isn’t about Eli, whose Giants are playing New England in Super Bowl XLVI, it’s about his big brother, Peyton.

The Colts’ icon is still trying to recover from neck fusion surgery and nobody knows how his rehab is coming, let alone if he would risk further injury for one more shot at a Lombardi Trophy. The one thing we seem to know is that he won’t be back in Indianapolis if he decides to play in 2012. His agent, Tom Condon, said three words today that will leave teams salivating this offseason. “Peyton’s not done.”

If that is indeed the case, it’s great news for the Browns. In fact, Browns fans should pray that Peyton Manning plays somewhere in 2012.

Loaded with cap space and draft picks, the Browns enter a critical off-season with the means to take the next step forward if they choose to be aggressive. Then again, maybe the front office will once again sit back and explain how this is its third first year in Cleveland. Who knows? I can’t keep up with this organization’s clock. Nonetheless, the Browns are at the crossroads, and unless they address their situation at quarterback, they will remain one of the most irrelevant franchises in the NFL.

Colt McCoy is not the answer. Neither is Seneca Wallace. Neither is talented enough. Granted, there are things out of Colt’s control. The running game, wide receivers, shaky offensive line, and play-calling were all things that contributed to his failures in 2011. The other things that contributed to his poor play were his physical tools, or lack thereof.

While Randy Lerner remains the person writing the checks, Mike Holmgren has the important job title and Tom Heckert is picking the talent, the person who may control what the Browns do in this vital offseason is none other than Peyton Manning.

Before you start asking Holmgren for playoff tickets, Manning is not coming here to Cleveland. If he plays this season, and that remains a big question, Manning will have his choice of going nearly anywhere. The New York Jets, Miami Dolphins, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins, Tennessee Titans and the Arizona Cardinals are expected to take a run at Manning.

That makes sense, because he’s one of the best quarterbacks to ever buckle a chinstrap. At the same time, all those teams are more appealing to Manning than Cleveland. But just because the Browns don’t stack up, doesn’t mean he won’t have an impact on what they do. No matter where Manning goes, he will open up a golden opportunity for the Browns to improve the QB position.

Let’s take a look at his options, and how Manning’s choice could impact the Browns:

New York Jets

The bright lights of New York City could be appealing, but does Manning want to share the city with his little brother, Eli? Does he want to play for a team that has to see his nemesis, Tom Brady, twice per year? If he does, then that means Mark Sanchez would become available. Sanchez had a pretty disappointing year. Maybe we are learning “Sanchez” is Spanish for overrated. Maybe. He also has two AFC Championship appearances attached to his resume and is more talented than Colt McCoy or Seneca Wallace. Sanchez isn’t perfect and has his flaws, but he would upgrade the position in Cleveland.

Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins have been starving for a quarterback since the days of Dan Marino and they hold the ninth pick in the draft. By that time, the top two QB’s will be long gone. The good news for Miami is that it appears to be the clear front-runner to land soon-to-be free agent Matt Flynn. After all, his former offensive coordinator, Joe Philbin, is now the head coach in Miami. However, if Manning becomes available, the Dolphins have already said he would be the top target. In this scenario, the clear landing spot for Flynn would be occupied by No. 18. That could bring the Browns back in the running for Aaron Rodgers’ back-up who is ready to become a starter.

Washington Redskins

Aside from the Browns, it would appear that the ‘Skins have the worst QB situation in the NFL. They simply don’t have a competent starter on the roster and can’t go into 2012 with the combination of Rex Grossman and John Beck under center. Unless, of course, they’re hoping to “Play Like Mularkey for Barkley.”

If there’s one thing that we know about Mike Shanahan -- besides the fact that he looks like a rat -- it’s that he knows quarterbacks and will go to great lengths to solidify the position. He traded up to grab Jay Cutler in Denver and he wouldn’t hesitate to do it again for the right guy. The ‘Skins would also make sense as a potential landing spot for Matt Flynn. My biggest fear is that Washington steals the headlines on draft day by trading up for Robert Griffin III. But if Manning goes to Washington, it could pave the way for Cleveland to nab the Heisman Trophy winner.

Tennessee Titans

The Titans have both Matthew Hasselbeck and Jake Locker on the roster. Hasselbeck probably doesn’t have too many throws left in his old right arm, but the relationship he has with Mike Holmgren is strong. If the Titans decide that Jake Locker is not yet ready and they want an upgrade at the position in the short-term, they would be wise to take a run at a face they have seen opposite them numerous times. While this wouldn’t be the ideal situation when it comes to the Browns and they would once again be targeting a temporary solution to a permanent problem, Hasselbeck is a Mike Holmgren guy and it seems like a move he would sign off on.

Arizona Cardinals

This one speaks for itself. On one hand the Cards have invested pretty significantly in Kevin Kolb. Larry Fitzgerald has a great relationship with him and has raved about Kolb the last few years. In saying that, the last time the Cards went to the Super Bowl, it was with an aging quarterback looking for one last shot at glory. Arizona could try to duplicate that script used with Kurt Warner. It plays home games indoors, the division is not the strongest in the NFL, the roster (with the exception of a brutally bad offensive line) is ready to compete, and the appeal of sunshine and blue skies in the desert may be too much for Manning to ignore. If this scenario plays out, the Browns would be one of the first teams in line for Kevin Kolb. Even though he had an injury riddled season and didn’t pick up the offense as quickly as some thought he would, the talent is there and he is still only 27-years-old. Kolb is an NFL starter. He was born to play in the West Coast offense Tom Heckert brought him to Philly from Houston in the draft in the first place, and their relationship makes Cleveland a likely landing spot if Manning goes to the valley.

With the Browns in the midst of the most pivotal offseason since the team returned in 1999, the decision of a future Hall-Of-Famer could be the key factor in deciding which direction Cleveland will go in hopes of answering the most important question for the franchise

Follow Chris Fedor on Twitter @ChrisFedor

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=5&post_id=498

Peyton Manning WILL play again.

Just as fighters with scrambled brains and detached retinas will play again. So too will money and a players only love win out in the end.

SOme idiot team will use Manning to sell tickets and then have the sumpathy events and dollars when Manning is squashed into the turf.

SHould be cool to watch.

Actually Tom, if you've watched Manning play the last few years, he usually doesn't get squashed into the turf. Just falls down and curls up in the fetal position before anyone can touch him. :)

I'll have to disagree with Roach- we get Griffin and he lights it up in preseason, it would cause as much excitement as getting a 35 year old guy who is one hit away from winding up in a nursing home.

I'll have to admit JJ has sold me on RGIII- (I've seen enough of the kid on my own to have the opinion he's Michael Vick without the baggage) just depends on how much the Rams will want for their pick.

The Manning Effect

Feb 03, 2012 -- 6:28pm

By Chris Fedor

Could Peyton Manning be holding the Cards when it comes to the Browns’ off-season?

While the Super Bowl festivities are underway in Indianapolis, all the talk is about a quarterback with the last name Manning.

Not the one that you would think, though.

The buzz isn’t about Eli, whose Giants are playing New England in Super Bowl XLVI, it’s about his big brother, Peyton.

The Colts’ icon is still trying to recover from neck fusion surgery and nobody knows how his rehab is coming, let alone if he would risk further injury for one more shot at a Lombardi Trophy. The one thing we seem to know is that he won’t be back in Indianapolis if he decides to play in 2012. His agent, Tom Condon, said three words today that will leave teams salivating this offseason. “Peyton’s not done.”

If that is indeed the case, it’s great news for the Browns. In fact, Browns fans should pray that Peyton Manning plays somewhere in 2012.

Loaded with cap space and draft picks, the Browns enter a critical off-season with the means to take the next step forward if they choose to be aggressive. Then again, maybe the front office will once again sit back and explain how this is its third first year in Cleveland. Who knows? I can’t keep up with this organization’s clock. Nonetheless, the Browns are at the crossroads, and unless they address their situation at quarterback, they will remain one of the most irrelevant franchises in the NFL.

Colt McCoy is not the answer. Neither is Seneca Wallace. Neither is talented enough. Granted, there are things out of Colt’s control. The running game, wide receivers, shaky offensive line, and play-calling were all things that contributed to his failures in 2011. The other things that contributed to his poor play were his physical tools, or lack thereof.

While Randy Lerner remains the person writing the checks, Mike Holmgren has the important job title and Tom Heckert is picking the talent, the person who may control what the Browns do in this vital offseason is none other than Peyton Manning.

Before you start asking Holmgren for playoff tickets, Manning is not coming here to Cleveland. If he plays this season, and that remains a big question, Manning will have his choice of going nearly anywhere. The New York Jets, Miami Dolphins, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins, Tennessee Titans and the Arizona Cardinals are expected to take a run at Manning.

That makes sense, because he’s one of the best quarterbacks to ever buckle a chinstrap. At the same time, all those teams are more appealing to Manning than Cleveland. But just because the Browns don’t stack up, doesn’t mean he won’t have an impact on what they do. No matter where Manning goes, he will open up a golden opportunity for the Browns to improve the QB position.

Let’s take a look at his options, and how Manning’s choice could impact the Browns:

New York Jets

The bright lights of New York City could be appealing, but does Manning want to share the city with his little brother, Eli? Does he want to play for a team that has to see his nemesis, Tom Brady, twice per year? If he does, then that means Mark Sanchez would become available. Sanchez had a pretty disappointing year. Maybe we are learning “Sanchez” is Spanish for overrated. Maybe. He also has two AFC Championship appearances attached to his resume and is more talented than Colt McCoy or Seneca Wallace. Sanchez isn’t perfect and has his flaws, but he would upgrade the position in Cleveland.

Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins have been starving for a quarterback since the days of Dan Marino and they hold the ninth pick in the draft. By that time, the top two QB’s will be long gone. The good news for Miami is that it appears to be the clear front-runner to land soon-to-be free agent Matt Flynn. After all, his former offensive coordinator, Joe Philbin, is now the head coach in Miami. However, if Manning becomes available, the Dolphins have already said he would be the top target. In this scenario, the clear landing spot for Flynn would be occupied by No. 18. That could bring the Browns back in the running for Aaron Rodgers’ back-up who is ready to become a starter.

Washington Redskins

Aside from the Browns, it would appear that the ‘Skins have the worst QB situation in the NFL. They simply don’t have a competent starter on the roster and can’t go into 2012 with the combination of Rex Grossman and John Beck under center. Unless, of course, they’re hoping to “Play Like Mularkey for Barkley.”

If there’s one thing that we know about Mike Shanahan -- besides the fact that he looks like a rat -- it’s that he knows quarterbacks and will go to great lengths to solidify the position. He traded up to grab Jay Cutler in Denver and he wouldn’t hesitate to do it again for the right guy. The ‘Skins would also make sense as a potential landing spot for Matt Flynn. My biggest fear is that Washington steals the headlines on draft day by trading up for Robert Griffin III. But if Manning goes to Washington, it could pave the way for Cleveland to nab the Heisman Trophy winner.

Tennessee Titans

The Titans have both Matthew Hasselbeck and Jake Locker on the roster. Hasselbeck probably doesn’t have too many throws left in his old right arm, but the relationship he has with Mike Holmgren is strong. If the Titans decide that Jake Locker is not yet ready and they want an upgrade at the position in the short-term, they would be wise to take a run at a face they have seen opposite them numerous times. While this wouldn’t be the ideal situation when it comes to the Browns and they would once again be targeting a temporary solution to a permanent problem, Hasselbeck is a Mike Holmgren guy and it seems like a move he would sign off on.

Arizona Cardinals

This one speaks for itself. On one hand the Cards have invested pretty significantly in Kevin Kolb. Larry Fitzgerald has a great relationship with him and has raved about Kolb the last few years. In saying that, the last time the Cards went to the Super Bowl, it was with an aging quarterback looking for one last shot at glory. Arizona could try to duplicate that script used with Kurt Warner. It plays home games indoors, the division is not the strongest in the NFL, the roster (with the exception of a brutally bad offensive line) is ready to compete, and the appeal of sunshine and blue skies in the desert may be too much for Manning to ignore. If this scenario plays out, the Browns would be one of the first teams in line for Kevin Kolb. Even though he had an injury riddled season and didn’t pick up the offense as quickly as some thought he would, the talent is there and he is still only 27-years-old. Kolb is an NFL starter. He was born to play in the West Coast offense Tom Heckert brought him to Philly from Houston in the draft in the first place, and their relationship makes Cleveland a likely landing spot if Manning goes to the valley.

With the Browns in the midst of the most pivotal offseason since the team returned in 1999, the decision of a future Hall-Of-Famer could be the key factor in deciding which direction Cleveland will go in hopes of answering the most important question for the franchise

Follow Chris Fedor on Twitter @ChrisFedor

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=5&post_id=498

Fedor is majorly lacking in credibility in my mind.

He falls in love with certain guys and figuratively whacks off to them on the air....but it isn't necessarily guys that are all that good.

And he hates guys who show up and try to do their jobs.

Screw him and his opinions.

Biggest issue is if Peyton Manning can play again and the Colts decide to sit a QB behind him for a couple years... who do they go with? Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III? Griffin would benefit most from sitting and learning the prostyle offense more than say Luck would. Luck would be more effective coming into a situation like Cleveland and learning on the fly. So if Peyton can mend fences and get healthy it bodes well for Cleveland's chances on landing Luck.

Biggest issue is if Peyton Manning can play again and the Colts decide to sit a QB behind him for a couple years... who do they go with? Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III? Griffin would benefit most from sitting and learning the prostyle offense more than say Luck would. Luck would be more effective coming into a situation like Cleveland and learning on the fly. So if Peyton can mend fences and get healthy it bodes well for Cleveland's chances on landing Luck.

Biggest question is assuming Manning is 1\2 healthy, will he restructure his contract to a sane level (no way in hell the Colts are paying him the $35 million he's in line to get) or decide to go with a potentially bigger payday with say, the Redskins- and they won't be paying him $35 million either.

And um, hello- Irsay can throw out all the smoke he wants, but it's a done deal they're taking Luck, barring an insane offer- which won't be coming from the Browns. St Andrew is a prototypical qb in every respect. RGIII is not.

Biggest question is assuming Manning is 1\2 healthy, will he restructure his contract to a sane level (no way in hell the Colts are paying him the $35 million he's in line to get) or decide to go with a potentially bigger payday with say, the Redskins- and they won't be paying him $35 million either.

And um, hello- Irsay can throw out all the smoke he wants, but it's a done deal they're taking Luck, barring an insane offer- which won't be coming from the Browns. St Andrew is a prototypical qb in every respect. RGIII is not.

Why would Irsay need to throw out smoke? He holds the number 1 overall pick it's not like he's picking second and trying to throw off the team that picks first... this doesn't make sense. It's not a given that the Colts take Luck. Many see RG3 as the best player in the College ranks this offseason and some even think that his ceiling is higher than Lucks. If the Colts work out a deal with Peyton then it's perfectly plausible that they go with the brightest star on the horizon in RG3.

Hate to bring this up, but did anyone read the article about Dan Snyder possibly just giving Fisher and the Rams money for the 2nd pick to help them stay in STL? Here's the link:

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/2/9/2787187/are-the-pieces-of-a-rg3-trade-coming-together

Can he actually do that? Just throw money at them to renovate their stadium? Ugh, the idea of trying to outbid the Redskins just makes me cringe. I think it's more likely we get Flynn or draft someone like Tannehill, Foles, Wilson, Moore or Keenum.

Browns land a big free agent....found it out there in Lake Erie:

MonsterSturgeonLakeErie.jpg?width=737&height=307

Yo Gipper, What is that fish? Is that real and did it really come from Lake Erie? Yikes! :huh:

Archived