THE BROWNS BOARD

Santorum Wins/winning Huge In Co, Mo, And Mn

calfoxwc

Time to take Santorum seriously. I did earlier, and Heck didn't take that seriously at all.

The cream will rise to the top, they say. I'm kinda warming up to Romney - but Santorum is the guy I WANT to vote for.

Does anybody still think Santorum shouldn't be taken seriously?

RESULTS:

CO... MO... MN...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't take him seriously.

I don't think he's an idiot and I do think that he comes across much better than I ever expected.

He also seems like a pretty decent fellow just wait until the axelrod hate machine fires up.

Still while I may sympathize with part of the social agenda it's not really a hot button set of issues for me. I don't think it's going to be a deal breaker with most voters either.

He doesn't seem to have the personal gravitas that it takes to win an election.

Then again I never thought george w bush did either and he surprised me.

Of course it's a long way to november.

WSS

"The cream will rise to the top" .... not the phrase you want to use with Santorum. Lol

Poor guy has a terrible last name. But it looks like he is in the lead now. Does anyone know how many delegates he is carrying?

His last name means what it does BECAUSE of him. His fault.

I wouldn't call him a "poor guy" because of his own doing.

Boy, no one likes Mitt, do they? (Mostly because he's unlikable.)

Santorum is a pro politician, and is the only guy who can really differentiate himself from Romney on issues. And people get that he actually believes them.

But I don't think you have to worry too much about that terrifying Axelrod machine you keep freaking out about, Steve. I don't think anyone on my side really thinks Santorum is going to win, and they'll keep their sites on Romney. And in the event Santorum does win, they'll dance a jig and pop the champagne.

If the right loses with Romney, they'll feel they nominated the wrong guy, someone who wasn't a true conservative. At least with Santorum they won't have that problem. Except that all the moderate Republicans (all 12 of them) will be screaming, "Why did we nominate a guy that was so far to the right that we couldn't win?"

Come November, it'll be Romney and Rubio and no one is going to remember the Missouri and Minnesota results, or care.

Things are really looking up for the president lately. But all can change.

Some of the NY republicans will think they have went back to the Goldwater days which will not be the case. The conservative republican base will dictate this nomination process. They are sick and tired of the lies from the main stream media.

Those candidates who are stuck in the middle will always lose. McCain was in the middle and he lost.

Boy, no one likes Mitt, do they? (Mostly because he's unlikable.)

Santorum is a pro politician, and is the only guy who can really differentiate himself from Romney on issues. And people get that he actually believes them.

But I don't think you have to worry too much about that terrifying Axelrod machine you keep freaking out about, Steve. I don't think anyone on my side really thinks Santorum is going to win, and they'll keep their sites on Romney. And in the event Santorum does win, they'll dance a jig and pop the champagne.

Did you quote the wrong person?

Oh God here we go again... I'm gonna answer this and then you're gonna try to twist it all around with like 40 other questions and then try to make it sound like I agree with you.

It doesn't matter what I think. He equated to people making love that line each other to a guy fucking a dog. Saying there is no difference between doing it with someone u love and a dog. That's horrible.

This guy will get torn apart if he goes up against Obama

Sorry to post a question, but do you think that beastieality is immoral?

WSS

I'll bite. This question is not as cut-and-dry as people make it out to be. If you bend over in front of an animal, is it hurting the animal? Probably not. It might hurt you, if it's a horse (and potentially rip open your colon causing you to die from internal bleeding). If you take an animal from behind are you hurting it? Well, if so, it's probably going to struggle or kick you (again, if it's a horse, bad news). The difference here is a matter of consent. Humans are able to give consent or refuse. If you don't have consent, then what you are doing is rape. Since an animal is unable to give explicit consent, I'd argue that beastiality should either not be legislated or it should be made illegal. On the other hand, human children are able to consent to sex as well, however, it can, and often does, lead to stunting of emotional development and can cause serious mental health issues. Because of this, most societies place a minimum age of consent.

Is fucking an animal immoral? Probably. Is getting fucked by an animal immoral? Probably not. Should they be legal? I don't think so. Should we waste any resources prosecuting a sheep fucker? Maybe if he's raping your sheep, so it shouldn't go any higher than a municipal or county level.

VT we've had a few discussions in the past about moral relativism Ana I'm a little surprised you took the stance you did on this issue. I mean no ones really being harmed and it's making someone happy, right? But it creeps us out so we try and find some way to make it wrong. Same thing with underage. Because it pisses us off to think of our children making it with the 40 year oldear old we make it immoral.

Still among the over 18 set you and I have both seen probably dozens of relationships with emotional imbalance, correct? And those are by no means against the law.

In the past you yourself have pointed out the differences in different cultures.

And speaking of emotions can you imagine a 15 year old being a lot more cruel than a 45 year old possibly?

And that's not it against the law.

Bottom line is this: we make up our morality according to the things that affect us emotionally and physically. Then we try to assign universal right and wrong to those things.

Besides beastieality there are dozens of fetishes that would probably turn our stomachs.

And all of that is before you even address nature.

WSS

Point is Santorum is an ass and will get torn up in the general election because of this statement, if he makes it that far

First he probably won't make it that far.

Second I don't think many people care about the gay issues.

Third the presidents most dedicarted voting block is more anti gay then most.

Fourth most americans are against gay marriage.

But in the end if its that big an issue for you then you should vote your conscience.

WSS

VT we've had a few discussions in the past about moral relativism Ana I'm a little surprised you took the stance you did on this issue. I mean no ones really being harmed and it's making someone happy, right? But it creeps us out so we try and find some way to make it wrong. Same thing with underage. Because it pisses us off to think of our children making it with the 40 year oldear old we make it immoral.

But it's not simply that. A 12 year old will very likely not understand the implications of a sexual relationship. Not in this culture anyways.

Still among the over 18 set you and I have both seen probably dozens of relationships with emotional imbalance, correct? And those are by no means against the law.

But one cannot ignore the correlation between sexual abuse as a minor and mental health issues as they go through puberty. The problems from this are typically far more severe than what you get in a sexual relationship as an adult. Are there problems with any relationship? Yes, but the type of problems that you're going to expose a minor to are not something they may understand. I understand this argument has its holes, ie. a 17 year old is going to understand the implications of a sexual relationship better than a 12 year old, but as a society, you need to place an age limit somewhere.

In the past you yourself have pointed out the differences in different cultures.

And speaking of emotions can you imagine a 15 year old being a lot more cruel than a 45 year old possibly?

And that's not it against the law.

There's a difference between being cruel and having the capacity to fuck up a person's life who is unable to grasp the consequences.

Bottom line is this: we make up our morality according to the things that affect us emotionally and physically. Then we try to assign universal right and wrong to those things.

Besides beastieality there are dozens of fetishes that would probably turn our stomachs.

Naturally, morality is going to arise from things that affect us physically and emotionally. Some of it is hardwired into our genes (ie. seeing another person in distress releases stress hormones, seeing another person smile releases feel-good hormones) due to the nature of our evolution through group fitness. Some of it is also emergent, this one's a little hard to nail, but I think you'd agree with me that morality is subjective. Other fetishes require consent. Don't google BME Pain Olympics. If you're into S&M, that's your deal, but you consent to those things. Bestiality, however, you'll never get explicit consent.

Fourth most americans are against gay marriage.

WSS

Really? You sure...

and I'll vote based off of my brain, I'll use intelligence and common sense. Not emotion, not cuz the guy is part of the party I blindly follow (though I don't follow any parties), not any of that.

I'm an engineer motha fucka

Here is the breakdown on delegates Overall.

Romney has 112

Santorum has 72*

Gingrich has 32

Paul has 9

*The Missouri Republican Party will hold a caucus on March 17th which will determine the delegates sent to the 2012 GOP convention

Members of the Republican National Committee who automatically attend the party's national convention can support any candidate they choose.

Archived