THE BROWNS BOARD

As A Redskins Fan, I Must Say

Indeterminate Proof

That you AND your front office are fucking delusional if you think that playing it safe and drafting more defense as opposed to matching and exceeding any offer we make for RGIII is in your team's best interest (If you don't think this, then disregard this part!)

You guys are trying to talk yourselves out of RGIII and trading the picks needed to get him by saying "Oh, we have Colt McCoy! Oh we can sign Matt Flynn! We need to draft more running backs and wide receivers!"

Really? REALLY?!

As a Redskins fan, I've seen this movie with Jason Campbell. We gave him a top 10 OL, solid but not elite TEs and WRs, and a top 10 RB in Portis. And yet he still threw deep balls out of bounds, still collapsed whenever there was any pressure, and still threw checkdowns every other play. And yet our fanbase made excuses for him until the bitter end. We hired Zorn SOLELY to fix his shitty mechanics, but all that did was make him even more of a robot than he already was. There's a reason the first thing we did when Shanahan came to town was get rid of him. Colt is marginally better than JC, and yet not only do you want to stick with him, or sign a one-hit wonder like Flynn, you want to bring in JC to compete with him! Madness.

Draft picks are nice, but you know what's nice? Having a franchise QB. Look at the Steelers. Bounced between 11-5 and 5-11 every year until they drafted Big Ben. Ravens? Same deal until they got Flacco. And yet you're still here making excuses for your mid-round QB and thinking a few picks is too much to get a legit franchise QB, one that could be the best in your division.

But well, if you and your front office don't get your heads out of your asses, we'll make the deal, take RGIII, and laugh while we stomp all over the declining NFC East, while you continue to dwell in the basement of the AFC North because you're trotting out some combination of Flynn/JC/Colt. When by rights, the situation should be reversed. You should be the perennial basement-dwellers getting the stud QB and reversing 20 years of suck (Ray Lewis and Ed Reed aren't getting any younger, and the Bengals are a flash in the pan as always), but Holmgren's too much of a pussy and thinks stockpiling picks makes him look smart. But then, Shanny was always the real genius of the Walsh coaching tree. Holmgren didn't even want Favre, and he probably would have kept Steve Young in the pocket and made him throw 5 yard slants all day.

Anyway, that's just what I think.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Heckert is the Browns GM now and has been here for two years with two solid drafts, he was also the GM of the Eagles as they beat up the redskins twice a year every year. Dont know how he feels about RG3 but I trust him..and have fun with Dan Snyder running your team and mike shanahan who couldnt do anything after Elway left.

That you AND your front office are fucking delusional if you think that playing it safe and drafting more defense as opposed to matching and exceeding any offer we make for RGIII is in your team's best interest (If you don't think this, then disregard this part!)

You guys are trying to talk yourselves out of RGIII and trading the picks needed to get him by saying "Oh, we have Colt McCoy! Oh we can sign Matt Flynn! We need to draft more running backs and wide receivers!"

Really? REALLY?!

As a Redskins fan, I've seen this movie with Jason Campbell. We gave him a top 10 OL, solid but not elite TEs and WRs, and a top 10 RB in Portis. And yet he still threw deep balls out of bounds, still collapsed whenever there was any pressure, and still threw checkdowns every other play. And yet our fanbase made excuses for him until the bitter end. We hired Zorn SOLELY to fix his shitty mechanics, but all that did was make him even more of a robot than he already was. There's a reason the first thing we did when Shanahan came to town was get rid of him. Colt is marginally better than JC, and yet not only do you want to stick with him, or sign a one-hit wonder like Flynn, you want to bring in JC to compete with him! Madness.

Draft picks are nice, but you know what's nice? Having a franchise QB. Look at the Steelers. Bounced between 11-5 and 5-11 every year until they drafted Big Ben. Ravens? Same deal until they got Flacco. And yet you're still here making excuses for your mid-round QB and thinking a few picks is too much to get a legit franchise QB, one that could be the best in your division.

But well, if you and your front office don't get your heads out of your asses, we'll make the deal, take RGIII, and laugh while we stomp all over the declining NFC East, while you continue to dwell in the basement of the AFC North because you're trotting out some combination of Flynn/JC/Colt. When by rights, the situation should be reversed. You should be the perennial basement-dwellers getting the stud QB and reversing 20 years of suck (Ray Lewis and Ed Reed aren't getting any younger, and the Bengals are a flash in the pan as always), but Holmgren's too much of a pussy and thinks stockpiling picks makes him look smart. But then, Shanny was always the real genius of the Walsh coaching tree. Holmgren didn't even want Favre, and he probably would have kept Steve Young in the pocket and made him throw 5 yard slants all day.

With all due respect, how do you have any clue what our front office is thinking, Assmunch?

Zombo

Maybe examine what Holmgren has done at every other stop he's been at, and then examine the buzz coming out of your own organization.

Holmgren doesn't trade up, he trades down. He doesn't draft QBs high, he thinks he can find a "system" quarterback and win with him.

Most likely, he'll trade both firsts, but that's as far as he'll go. After that he'll pray RGIII is there at #4, which he won't be.

furthermore, with, of course, all due respect, youre in no place to speak with your crazy-ass meddling owner. to say that we are dumb for not matching an offer from a franchise notorious for making bonehead moves doesn't really worry me much. i'll much rather respect the opinions of fans that get to watch a real football team, which does not include the skins or their fans.

Maybe examine what Holmgren has done at every other stop he's been at,

Win?

There's only been two stops. He won with Bret Favre and he won with Matt Hasslebeck.

If you think, armed with information, you can conclude that the Browns will not go after a franchise QB then you are a bigger assmunch than I thought.

With all due respect.

Zombo

if that's the case why would you come on this board and criticize our FO for NOT matching or going over a deal offered by your redskins?

what're you ascared? ascared dan snyder will once again set you back 5 more years by picking a guy that's a shin splint away from being done period?

Really? REALLY?!

Get the fuck out of here...Heckert kicked your guys asses while he was GM with the Eagles. Now go back to your Dictator owner Dan Snyder and don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Really? REALLY?!

Well, since i forget the redskins are even an NFL team sometimes, maybe RG3 will get the redskins some press for once. Or he will flop, being one of the most overrated heisman winners ever, and your dumbass FO spends its whole draft on one "franchise qb" which is the most wrongly used term to call a quarterback ever, especially one who hasnt been drafted yet. Like cle is gonna sell the farm for one dude, have u seen the browns as a team even play before?

Cleveland is better off without him. The deadskins obviously are that desperate, even their fans

WTF are you talking about "two solid drafts"?

The fucking team is 4 - 12 after 5 -11. What teh fuck draft impact is it that you see?

The guy posting this topic is dead ass on. The Browns are delusional if they don't up the ante and go get RG 3. HE is the best QB prospect of all.

Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB.

Well, youre a big dumb goofy slow thinking poster, but we still accept you as a browns "fan", rather than the browns "bitcher" that you are.

And wait, the Browns have never been to a super bowl!? well fuck my ass and call me sherry.

Actually, the Eagles beat us not because they had sooo many precious draft picks but because they had a franchise QB (even a fringe guy) in McNabb and we had Jason Campbell and Patrick Ramsey and Mark Brunell.

People harp on our lack of draft picks, but had we drafted Big Ben over Sean Taylor nobody would be singing this tune.

You know who had solid drafts? The Jaguars. They have solid drafts every year. Yet they have no QB. Where are they? About to be moved.

Maybe examine what Holmgren has done at every other stop he's been at, and then examine the buzz coming out of your own organization.

Holmgren doesn't trade up, he trades down. He doesn't draft QBs high, he thinks he can find a "system" quarterback and win with him.

Most likely, he'll trade both firsts, but that's as far as he'll go. After that he'll pray RGIII is there at #4, which he won't be.

Then your Redskins will just have to trade 3 first round draft choices or whatever for him. Then you and the Eagles can compete with each other over who has the fastest QB, while the Giants and the Cowboys dominate the division.

The Browns compete in a division where defense and running are king. the Browns need to match that quality. Overpaying for a QB that may or may not be all that and a bag of chips.

Let Dan Snyder bid against himself if that is what he wants to do.

No one is on the clock quite yet.

Get the fuck out of here...Heckert kicked your guys asses while he was GM with the Eagles. Now go back to your Dictator owner Dan Snyder and don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Actually, I don't think this guy is a Redskins fan. He is probably just RGIII to the CLE in drag.

Last I heard there was 2 months until the draft and the Skins spilled their load a little early with their rumored offer. No need to rush out an offer right now especially with the FA still to take place, what happens if the say the Skins and Dolphins both acquire Manning and Flynn, that would probably drive the cost of RG3 down. I like RG3 I would like the Browns to get him, its way too early to be playing your best hand.

If u truly belive that is what the Browns FO is going to do, then isnt it good for the Redskins? Why would you want to come here and gloat? Unless u are getting worried about how much the Redskins would land up giving for RG3 and not being able to improve the team for the next 3 years.

Wow, the way people are talking about this guy, he better go on to win 5 SB's and hold every single passing record at the end of his career.

The fucking team is 4 - 12 after 5 -11. What teh fuck draft impact is it that you see?

The guy posting this topic is dead ass on. The Browns are delusional if they don't up the ante and go get RG 3. HE is the best QB prospect of all.

How can you say that about luck? Ya he's big but not too big to be dopey or clumsy. He ran the same 40 time as Cam Newton and out jumped him in the vertical. Slow thinking? This is the stupidest part of all. Guy has a Stanford education.

With all due respect, how do you have any clue what our front office is thinking, Assmunch?

Zombo

I know what his front office is thinking: "How can we waste more money and be an even bigger laughing stock for other teams? God Dan Snyder is a genius. He should get Mike Shannahan another tanning bed too."

furthermore, with, of course, all due respect, you're in no place to speak with your crazy-ass meddling owner. to say that we are dumb for not matching an offer from a franchise notorious for making bonehead moves doesn't really worry me much. i'll much rather respect the opinions of fans that get to watch a real football team, which does not include the skins or their fans.

Yes a crazy ass owner who thought Albert Haynesworth was worth $100 million.

Just because the rumor mill is flying the Redskins are willing to do a nutso give up the farm (and more) offer to land RGIII, we should be willing to top them with an even more insane offer?

BTW, Holmgren or Heckert aren't afraid to trade up- if the price is right. They made an inquiry about Sam Bradford, but the Rams wanted too much. They did trade up for both Hardesty and Little.

It's way early to start making trade offers. I think most of this is driven by the Rams. I think they would like to get this done early, and really want us as the trading partner because they are comfortable dropping to #4 but not so comfortable dropping to #6.

If they do end up dropping to #6, I think we have a great chance to grab a 2nd round pick from the Rams so they can get back to #4, then in the #6 slot we draft Ryan Tannehill.

I am adding this to my sig, to show you once again you are a dumb ass attention seeker. I will date it.

How can you say that about luck? Ya he's big but not too big to be dopey or clumsy. He ran the same 40 time as Cam Newton and out jumped him in the vertical. Slow thinking? This is the stupidest part of all. Guy has a Stanford education.

And was in a pro system. Has anyone ever heard Tom Brady talk by the way?

Being in a pro system has almost nothing to do with NFL success. Matt Leinart, Jimmy Clausen and Mark Sanchez were in pro systems, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton were in spread systems.

It's funny how you guys are getting so mad because you want to pretend you're smart by punting yet again on impact talent. The ironic thing is that you could have taken Julio Jones last year, and still had enough ammo to trade for RGIII this year. But no, having 5 or 6 mediocre starters is better than having 2 impact talents.

I guess when Joe Average QB leads you to 8-8 you'll all feel vindicated.

If you really believed in your FO you'd think they could find quality starters in the 4th round or later like the good franchises do.

Being in a pro system has almost nothing to do with NFL success. Matt Leinart, Jimmy Clausen and Mark Sanchez were in pro systems, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton were in spread systems.

It's funny how you guys are getting so mad because you want to pretend you're smart by punting yet again on impact talent. The ironic thing is that you could have taken Julio Jones last year, and still had enough ammo to trade for RGIII this year. But no, having 5 or 6 mediocre starters is better than having 2 impact talents.

I agree with you we should take him, if he is there or we don't have to give up 10 picks. But for you to come here and bag on our front office?

Heath Shuler, Devin Thomas, Michael Westbrook, Carlos Rogers, Andre Johnson, Coaches, McNabb, and the list goes on. The only team I would be more embarrassed to be associated with other than my Browns today is the Deadskins.

Ahhh ... 8-8 ... or as Mike Shanihan calls them "the good old days"

That was before he walked into the house that Snyder Sharted.

We got five picks for Jones, including Phil Taylor, who will be clogging up holes long after Jones is spent, and Greg Little who has already shown first round talent.

Again, you have no idea what our front office is thinking, or what it is going to do. But I'd say about 80% of us are in on Griffin. It's just a shame that dumb teams like the Redskins jack the price up because they have no real building plan, they just throw money or picks after that year's biggest catch and then wonder why they never get better.

Zombo

Archived