THE BROWNS BOARD

As A Redskins Fan, I Must Say

Indeterminate Proof

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You were pretty much a douchebag from the getgo. It's too bad Snyder doesn't meddle anymore, the team was better then.

Zombo

Yeah, I guess because I don't fall under the "ZOMG BROWNS ARE AWESOME!" crowd that labels me a douchebag. Oh well. Have fun riding in the cellar of your division with a GM that couldn't win a Super Bowl in Philthy. He'll fit right in with Cleveland.

...and if you honestly think the Skins were better with Snyderatto, then you really don't know much about football.

I know that 9-7 and 8-8 is better than 6-10 and 5-11.

Zombo

So you're really trying to sell Jim Zorn as a better coach than Shanahan? Good luck with that. Zorn got off to a hot start then hit the crapper. 6-20 over the last year and a half. But yeah, the Skins aren't in a better spot than the mess that he was coaching. You got me there.

Oh, wait.

So you're really trying to sell Jim Zorn as a better coach than Shanahan? Good luck with that. Zorn got off to a hot start then hit the crapper. 6-20 over the last year and a half. But yeah, the Skins aren't in a better spot than the mess that he was coaching. You got me there.

Oh, wait.

Don't think I mentioned Zorn or Shanahan.

You said Snyder stopped meddling the last few years. And I said you used to be a better team than 6-10,5-11 back when he was meddling.

It's true. The last three seasons are the worst three year stretch since he has been owner.

Looks like stopping the meddling wasn't the answer.

Sorry, it's pretty clear.

Zombo

Don't think I mentioned Zorn or Shanahan.

You said Snyder stopped meddling the last few years. And I said you used to be a better team than 6-10,5-11 back when he was meddling.

It's true. The last three seasons are the worst three year stretch since he has been owner.

Looks like stopping the meddling wasn't the answer.

Sorry, it's pretty clear.

Zombo

Let me spell this out for you, just using the last three years you're pointing out.

Three years ago: 4-12, Jim Zorn as a head coach. Snyderatto brings in Haynesworth during free agency, in one of the worst moves of his tenure. Skins end up 10th in defensive rankings (the joke that that is, just ranking by yards per game). Jason Campbell (Captain Checkdown) is the QB. The locker room is in shambles. Zorn is a lame duck coach by week 7.

Two years ago: 6-10, Shanahan as a head coach. Snyder fires Cerrato and hires Bruce Allen. Brings in McNabb as the QB. McNabb decides he wants to bitch and moan and not do anything to get better. Skins still come close to setting franchise records for passing yards. Haynesworth is still a tool.

Last year: 5-11, same front office. Shanahan gets rid of all the locker room cancers (Rogers, Haynesworth, McNabb). Improves every area of the team save for QB. Bad year, record wise, but the locker room is turned around, the attitude of the front office is turned around, we're headed in the right way. Just because it doesn't happen immediately doesn't mean it's not the right way. Instant gratification is nice, but we're building back to the Super Bowl.

You know, like the Browns have been doing since the Super Bowl era began.

I'm more than happy having a few down years considering we'll be back in the Super Bowl a lot sooner than Cleveland. You get to hang your hat on "we had a 10-win season a couple years ago." Your personnel men don't know how to build a Super Bowl winning team. Ours do. Go ahead, bring up that Holmgren won the Super Bowl with the Packers. Shanahan beat Holmgren's Packers. Then he won it again.

Jesus you know what sad? A fan from another team posting on the Browns board during the FUCKING OFFSEASON. I mean hell, we have you put up with you stupid sons of bitches when we happen to play you during any given week of the season but you a fan from a team that isn't even in our division wants to come on hear and bit about who has the shittiest FO, players, ect. Who gives a flying fuck.

Jesus you know what sad? A fan from another team posting on the Browns board during the FUCKING OFFSEASON. I mean hell, we have you put up with you stupid sons of bitches when we happen to play you during any given week of the season but you a fan from a team that isn't even in our division wants to come on hear and bit about who has the shittiest FO, players, ect. Who gives a flying fuck.

Message Board discussion 101: Can't argue against the post, attack the poster.

Go ahead, bring up that Holmgren won the Super Bowl with the Packers. Shanahan beat Holmgren's Packers. Then he won it again.

There is a reason Shanahan hasn't done anything in over a decade. Elway won those 2 Super Bowls. Once he retired, Shanahan has been exposed. Elway made Shanahan - not the other way around. Unless you get a QB of that caliber again (top 10, maybe even top 5 all time), good luck doing anything with Shanahan.

Holmgren took a hall of famer and a mediocre QB to the Super Bowl which is proof that he is a better coach. Of course Holmgren isn't the coach now, so Browns fans will just have to hope Shurmur is the right choice in that department.

There is a reason Shanahan hasn't done anything in over a decade. Elway won those 2 Super Bowls. Once he retired, Shanahan has been exposed. Elway made Shanahan - not the other way around. Unless you get a QB of that caliber again (top 10, maybe even top 5 all time), good luck doing anything with Shanahan.

Holmgren took a hall of famer and a mediocre QB to the Super Bowl which is proof that he is a better coach. Of course Holmgren isn't the coach now, so Browns fans will just have to hope Shurmur is the right choice in that department.

Shanahan took the Broncos to the AFC Championship Game with Jake Plummer, and a no-name running back.

Meanwhile, Holmgren rode Shaun Alexander's record year to the Super Bowl. That in no way is on Hasselbeck. That would be like saying Dilfer led the Ravens to the Super Bowl.

What has Belichick done without Brady? Jimmy Johnson without Aikman? Cowher without Roethlisberger? Coughlin without Eli? Walsh without Montana? Landry without Staubach? Chuck Noll without Bradshaw?

The only coach who's won multiple Super Bowls with multiple QBs is Joe Gibbs. No other coach has done anything without "their" QB. That argument's about as played as "Snyder runs the Redskins."

I'm more than happy having a few down years considering we'll be back in the Super Bowl a lot sooner than Cleveland. You get to hang your hat on "we had a 10-win season a couple years ago." Your personnel men don't know how to build a Super Bowl winning team. Ours do. Go ahead, bring up that Holmgren won the Super Bowl with the Packers. Shanahan beat Holmgren's Packers. Then he won it again.

Your FO knows how to build a superbowl team? I dont even remember seeing you guys in the playoffs! I'm sure your FO is building a team for the superbowl.... but the problem is they are never going to get there. Win the division .... then come back here and boast.

Your FO knows how to build a superbowl team? I dont even remember seeing you guys in the playoffs! I'm sure your FO is building a team for the superbowl.... but the problem is they are never going to get there. Win the division .... then come back here and boast.

This post, from a Browns fan?

Pretty sure the Skins have been to the playoffs more, more recently, and have more wins in the playoffs than the Browns over the past oh, 20 years. Win a playoff game, then talk trash. Better yet, make the playoffs, then talk trash.

This post, from a Browns fan?

Pretty sure the Skins have been to the playoffs more, more recently, and have more wins in the playoffs than the Browns over the past oh, 20 years. Win a playoff game, then talk trash. Better yet, make the playoffs, then talk trash.

it has been more than a decade since ur team has been to the SB right? Or are we only counting the years when u guys were playoff contenders? If u wanna talk history then ...

Championships

League championships (4)

AAFC Championships (not recognized by the NFL) (4)

1946, 1947, 1948, 1949

NFL Championships (4)

1950, 1954, 1955, 1964

Conference championships (11)

NFL American: 1950, 1951, 1952

NFL Eastern: 1953, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1964, 1965, 1968, 1969

Division championships (13)

AAFC Western: 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949

NFL Century: 1967, 1968, 1969

AFC Central: 1971, 1980, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989

Playoff appearances (28)

AAFC: 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949

NFL: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1958, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1994, 2002

But ofcourse you are more than welcome to be selective about what u want to cherry pick .....

it has been more than a decade since ur team has been to the SB right? Or are we only counting the years when u guys were playoff contenders? If u wanna talk history then ...

Championships

League championships (4)

AAFC Championships (not recognized by the NFL) (4)

1946, 1947, 1948, 1949

NFL Championships (4)

1950, 1954, 1955, 1964

Conference championships (11)

NFL American: 1950, 1951, 1952

NFL Eastern: 1953, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1964, 1965, 1968, 1969

Division championships (13)

AAFC Western: 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949

NFL Century: 1967, 1968, 1969

AFC Central: 1971, 1980, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989

Playoff appearances (28)

AAFC: 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949

NFL: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1957, 1958, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1994, 2002

But ofcourse you are more than welcome to be selective about what u want to cherry pick .....

Who's cherry picking?

More Super Bowl Championships (3 to your none)

More Super Bowl appearances (5 to your none)

More NFL Championships (5 to your 4)

More Division Championships (15 to your 13)

Congrats. You have more conference championships (pre-Super Bowl, but who's counting, right?) and two more NFL playoff appearances. You need to have something to hang your hat on.

You can compete with the Eagles for the "best team to never win the Super Bowl" title.

Who's cherry picking?

Congrats. You have more conference championships (pre-Super Bowl, but who's counting, right?) and two more NFL playoff appearances. You need to have something to hang your hat on.

You can compete with the Eagles for the "best team to never win the Super Bowl" title.

So if you compare history- ur record is barely better than ours. And if u compare the last 20 years - we have the same number of superbowl victories - 0! And you come here to boast and trash talk? Really? Dude u guys are as dysfunctional as us and u your boasting that u are a superior team - Maybe u are but if u dont have the superbowl - u got nada.

So if you compare history- ur record is barely better than ours. And if u compare the last 20 years - we have the same number of superbowl victories - 0! And you come here to boast and trash talk? Really? Dude u guys are as dysfunctional as us and u your boasting that u are a superior team - Maybe u are but if u dont have the superbowl - u got nada.

We have 1 Super Bowl in the last 20 years. We won it in the 1991 season (Super Bowl in 1992). This past year was the 2011 season, with the Super Bowl in 2012.

...and it's pretty sad you have to call the Super Bowl era "cherry picking."

Message Board discussion 101: Can't argue against the post, attack the poster.

What ever you need to think to make your self feel better about this huge waste of time you are spending in here arguing with fans from a team that your team barely ever plays. I mean shit you would be using your time better if you were jacking off to pictures of you back titty hairy molded grandma, not that you don't find time for that I'm sure you take a break every now and then.

What ever you need to think to make your self feel better about this huge waste of time you are spending in here arguing with fans from a team that your team barely ever plays. I mean shit you would be using your time better if you were jacking off to pictures of you back titty hairy molded grandma, not that you don't find time for that I'm sure you take a break every now and then.

Watch out, we have a badass over here, he threw an insult over the internet. Watch out for this guy, he's going places. Go back to what you were doing and let the men talk football.

This is a shitbag franchise with a shitbag FO and a shitbag owner.

The thing is, with the right draft, the Browns could see some legit improvement here in the next few years.

As good of a talent RG3 is, it would significantly slow down that improvement with what it would take to trade up for him. Not completely stop it, but slow it down A LOT. The Browns need playmakers everywhere on offense (WR, RB, and they could stand to get younger at TE). Stand pat in this draft and take Blackmon at 4 (or trade down to the mid first and take Floyd or Wright and an extra pick). Then with 22, take the best RB available (maybe not Richardson, but LaMar Miller would probably be there) or Dre Kirkpatrick to pair across from Haden, and make a formidable secondary. In the second, go either TE, RB, or DB. Add secondary, linebackers, and WR with your third rounders, and go depth then on.

Next year, roll with McCoy and a FA signing (possibly Flynn) to see how they do with the newly acquired weapons. If they do well, awesome, you're set. If they don't, go with Barkley, Jones, Wilson, Smith, or Manuel. Trade up if you have to. McCoy has skill, but he needs help to let it show. He may not be Manning or Luck, but he could very easily be on the Josh Freeman/Matt Schaub/Tony Romo level. Good enough to get you where you want to go.

The Steelers are in cap trouble and need to get rid of players. Their WRs are decent. Polamalu is over-rated IMO (he's been a liability in coverage lately - he tries to jump routes and can get fooled by double moves). Their RBs aren't anything special. Their defense is aging. Done right, in a year or two the Browns could be better than them.

The Ratbirds have an old defense, too. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are close to retirement, I wouldn't count on them for too long. Ray Rice and Anquan Boldin are legit, but the rest of their offense is lacking. They need help at TE and Flacco isn't going to get it done for them. Browns could easily be on their level sooner than later.

The Bengals are your only real competition in the long run, but it's not like they're set everywhere. Browns could easily run with them for a while.

Yes, RG3 would be nice for you all, but he would be hung out to dry without the receivers or RBs to back him up. Get the support system in place and find your QB then.

Shannahan versus Holmgren? Are you ass phuking me? Shannahan versus Holmgren?

LMMFAO at this. Hey, let's compare Einstien to Hawking, or finnier yet, ANniston to Kathy Griffen.

SHannahan's shit has more football savvy than Holmgren. Shannahan is STILL in he game. Holmgren is sitting on his balls wailing for someone to come help him get up because he is too lazy.

5-11, then 4 - 12. That's Holmgren.

Ya because Shanahan's 6-10, then 5-11 with the Redskins is shitloads better? Pull your head out of your ass..

And why the rip on Stephen Hawking? He is way smarter than you and probably more athletic too..

Let me spell this out for you, just using the last three years you're pointing out.

Three years ago: 4-12, Jim Zorn as a head coach. Snyderatto brings in Haynesworth during free agency, in one of the worst moves of his tenure. Skins end up 10th in defensive rankings (the joke that that is, just ranking by yards per game). Jason Campbell (Captain Checkdown) is the QB. The locker room is in shambles. Zorn is a lame duck coach by week 7.

Two years ago: 6-10, Shanahan as a head coach. Snyder fires Cerrato and hires Bruce Allen. Brings in McNabb as the QB. McNabb decides he wants to bitch and moan and not do anything to get better. Skins still come close to setting franchise records for passing yards. Haynesworth is still a tool.

Last year: 5-11, same front office. Shanahan gets rid of all the locker room cancers (Rogers, Haynesworth, McNabb). Improves every area of the team save for QB. Bad year, record wise, but the locker room is turned around, the attitude of the front office is turned around, we're headed in the right way. Just because it doesn't happen immediately doesn't mean it's not the right way. Instant gratification is nice, but we're building back to the Super Bowl.

You know, like the Browns have been doing since the Super Bowl era began.

Wow, another Redskin twat going for the "We Suck Less Than You" award.

We know all about "hope" and "right direction", partner ... but your record was better when Snyder was meddling.

The key to winning the Super Bowl is not hiring old guys that won the Super Bowl before, that's certainly not how the Giants, Packers, Saints, and other recent winners got there, it's compiling talent, building a defense, getting a QB, etc...

You keep praying that Shanahan and Allen haves some sort of Super Bowl magic left in their worn out bag of tricks, we'll keep amassing talent ... and let's see how that works out for everybody.

Zombo

Yes, RG3 would be nice for you all, but he would be hung out to dry without the receivers or RBs to back him up. Get the support system in place and find your QB then.

and, how....exactly, would griffin be in the same exact position with the skins?

santana moss? not exactly a spring chicken, but still has some gas i suppose.

donte stallworthless? we been down that road...so i wont laugh at you.

jabar gaffney?

various 1st and 2nd year guys, only notable being hankerson.

evan royster? please...im PSU alum. he's not that good.

hightower? good back....durability.

helu is young.

we have all these guys as well...promising young guys with talent that need to prove it. im not quite sure where you see the parity between our teams, but you won 1 more game than us. we were the third youngest team last year, on a completely new coaching staff. im not so sure you're better than us even now. no ones worried grossman or beck are gonna suddenly learn to play football.

Actually, the Browns name has been around since 1946. Then, in 1996 the franchise left for Baltimore and changed it's name. Then in 1999 they started again, a completely new franchise, just with the same name.

15 years ago Cleveland didn't have a team. Nothing I said was incorrect.

It's funny how people "forget the Redskins are even an NFL team anymore" when the current iteration of the Browns hasn't been around 20 years.

I have had to educate dumbasses like you for 17 years now. Do you want your avatar to go up on the Dickheads on Parade thread? You are getting there. The Browns FRANCHISE has been around since 1946.

Nothing a fool like you says or does will change that.

If you want I will wager you your next months wages on the fact that the NFL, the Cleveland Browns, the Baltimore Ravens, the City of Cleveland, the City of Baltimore, the States of Ohio and Maryland and the United States Government agree with me an not you.

I can use the money, and you can use the education.

Who's cherry picking?

Just to set the record straight, teams from Northeast Ohio have won 13 pro football championships. Green Bay recently tied us with that figure.

We have 1 Super Bowl in the last 20 years. We won it in the 1991 season (Super Bowl in 1992). This past year was the 2011 season, with the Super Bowl in 2012.

...and it's pretty sad you have to call the Super Bowl era "cherry picking."

It is easy to call it Cherry picking, because it is cherry picking.

Here you go:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/

All you have to do is count the time Cleveland/Akron/Canton are on that list.

Watch out, we have a badass over here, he threw an insult over the internet. Watch out for this guy, he's going places. Go back to what you were doing and let the men talk football.

Wow guys, we have super fan over here. So enamored by your own team that the confine of your own team board can not contain you. NO! Super fan must seek out other teams and spread the word about his team. What else is so important, what else could he better use his time for. Not bathing, of course not. Not eating the frozen waffles his mom just made him. He has better things to do! No if he isn't here wasting his time on another teams board then who else would do it. Maybe someone with an actual girlfriend, wife, kids, future, would end up wasting their time instead of you. I guess your just too selfless to let this terrible life fall on someone elses shoulders.

Archived