THE BROWNS BOARD

The end all be all thread regarding quinns arm strength...

PlaygroundLegend

1.First off I would like to request that before responding to this post you watch this video...

2. Secondly I would like you to take a visit to this url, it is Brady Quinns Scout.com profile from college:

http://car.scout.com/a.z?s=123&p=8&amp...amp;nid=2477577

3. Thirdly read this quote from a quinn interview:

"Ken(Seattle): Brady since the season has ended there have been many questions regarding arm strength and if you can throw the long ball. What would you say to your critics?

Brady Quinn: That's the first time I've ever heard anything regarding my arm strength. I've never had any problems throwing the ball down the field."

4. Read this article, it may not say the best things about Quinn, but it does say he has a solid arm

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/VIPIMP/Brady_Quinn/4086

5. John Murphy Yahoo Sports "Quinn overcame questions about his accuracy, pure arm strength and pocket presence a year ago to post one of the best seasons of any quarterback in Notre Dame history. He jumps right back into the fire this Saturday in the Irish's home opener against Penn State, a team that features three of the best linebackers in college football. "

6. In this video you can see Quinn toss two 50 yarders with ease

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/uncategorize...ady-quinn-38251

I hope this finally shuts the haters up. The Browns kept Quinns throws short because they're testing him out, and then let him work his way up to the bombs. I was at the houston game when he threw the pretty 40 yarder to Braylon, and you can see littered throughout his highlight video at the top that he can make ALL the throws, and accurately. Alot of people are treating him like he cant throw a ball past the 35 yard mark when it is well known that he tops out in the mid 70's. Its B.S. that he is getting the shaft when it comes to talks about his arm because he is consistently compared to the likes of J Russel and Derek Anderson, those guys dont have good arms, they have rocket launchers. Quinns arm is just as good as Tom Brady's and Peyton Mannings. I hope this threat has changed the mind of those who question the distance that quinn can go.

3441454122-cleveland-browns-quarterback-brady-quinn-fires-11-yard-pass-maurice.JPG

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope this finally shuts the haters up. The Browns kept Quinns throws short because they're testing him out, and then let him work his way up to the bombs.

According to Quinn they ran all the same plays as they did for DA but that nobody was open.

In other words, Quinn can't read an NFL D.

Alot of people are treating him like he cant throw a ball past the 35 yard mark when it is well known that he tops out in the mid 70's.

No, Quinn can't throw a football 70 yards. Maybe 65.

Joe Flacco won the long distance throw last year with a 74 yd throw with no pads on.

The other guys in the competition were in the mid to low 60's.

We've seen Anderson throw one 60 yards in a game before. Now he could probably hit 70, but not Quinn.

According to Quinn they ran all the same plays as they did for DA but that nobody was open.

Well, neither could Anderson, and he had 28 games to learn how. I guess that means we have 0 QBs have seeing Dorsey 'play'. Cut them all and draft Sanchez or Stafford.

Jesus Christ. Please spontaneously combust and take your family with you so they can't continue to pollute the gene pool.

No, Quinn can't throw a football 70 yards. Maybe 65.

Joe Flacco won the long distance throw last year with a 74 yd throw with no pads on.

The other guys in the competition were in the mid to low 60's.

We've seen Anderson throw one 60 yards in a game before. Now he could probably hit 70, but not Quinn.

With Anderson at QB, he needs to be able to throw 70 yds, because thats all he has and that is when he is not trying to escape the pocket....very mobile

Honestly, Lum, I think Anderson could go 75.

possible. Here's some other numbers from a different competition.

Byron Leftwich 73 yds

Carson Palmer 72 yds

75 yards would be extreme top end.

Few QBs can hit 60. The winning throw from a high school competition in California was 61 yards.

Did anyone see the video of Quinn on some news channel before he was drafted throwing a football about 40 yards into the back of truck and nailing it? It was pretty amazing, Im gonna try to find it!

Did anyone see the video of Quinn on some news channel before he was drafted throwing a football about 40 yards into the back of truck and nailing it? It was pretty amazing, Im gonna try to find it!

That's probably what shep was thinking of when he said Quinn could hit a cone from 70 yards away. Ha!

Apparently Charlie Frye was in a competition in 2007 which involved throwing a ball into a 5'x5' box from 45 yards away. No word on how he did.

Byron Leftwich 73 yds

Carson Palmer 72 yds

Few QBs can hit 60. The winning throw from a high school competition in California was 61 yards.

Norv Turner said during the pro bowl last year that DA has one of the strongest arms in the NFL, stronger than any of the AFC Pro Bowl QB's, Manning, Big Ben and the others. I'd still take Quinn 100 times over though. I guess Im a lil biased being an ND fan :rolleyes: .

Here's what occurs to me watching the vid:

1. Quinn has good rhythm in the pocket

2. Quinn doesn't hang his receivers out to dry on a regular basis

3. Quinn has pocket presence

4. Quinn has an ability to extend the play

5. Quinn keeps his eyes down field

6. Quinn can run to pick up yards

7. Quinn can get rid of the ball quickly for a completion when blitzed

8. Quinn can also be patient and wait for a receiver to complete the route

9. Quinn can flick the ball 50 yards off his back foot with pressure (1:35 in the vid). Stepping into it would easily add 15 yards - plenty for a QB.

10. Quinn is not afraid to throw into tight spaces, yet holds the ND record for lowest INT ratio.

I can't see how anyone could watch this video, or his 4 years at ND, and conclude arm strength is an issue.

How far could Sipe throw? I don't recall Montana being known for a rocket arm. Bernie could just play.

Arm strength, shmarm strength.

Last question. Who has the stronger arm: Tebow or Bradford?

exactly, and if the situation called for it, quinn could be on his own 40 and chuck it to the back of the end zone anyway fora hail mary.

once again that quinn football in the truck vid that ITHIKA mentioned an I posted on the last page was awesome, that was nuts

The receivers weren't open for DA either, the exception is that DA has top 5 arm strength and can sometimes squeeze the ball through coverage. None of the receivers including Braylon are ever really open unless it is a hole in the zoze or an extended play. There are no Fitzgeralds on this team

Or maybe it is just that he doesn't like to throw into double coverage as much as Anderson. Here's a new concept for you to think about. When they talk about managing the game, it means taking what the defense gives you. When they take away the deep ball with over the top coverages you don't always have to show that you have a gun for an arm and throw deep anyway.

But then again Anderson like to show off his gun even when he's throwing a 5 yard pass. His great touch will bring us a quality draft pick. Maybe I shouldn't use the word pick. How about draft choice.

Byron Leftwich 73 yds

Carson Palmer 72 yds

The winning throw for the 12 and 13 year old punt pass and kick was 53 yards. So you are full of shit like always. Most QBs could throw it 60 yards.

But a interesting point would be so what. Do you know how long it takes a receiver to run a 60 yard route. what line will give you that kind of time.

BTW, Russell while at LSU threw it 60 yards on one knee. How good of a QB does that make him?

BTW

• 1 month later...

I must now resurrect this thread once again due to people arguing Quinn and armstrength and ability to stretch the field, and Derek Anderson, and cutler, and all that jazz. I encourage all people who have not read my long report on this issue to do so, first post.

BQ has an arm AND a brain, AND accuracy.. yes... it can happen. We are not trading Quinn and Rogers for cutler... dont get me wrong, Cutler is a great QB, but as this thread shows, Quinn has so much potential

Archived