THE BROWNS BOARD

What Would Piss You Off Most?

There are tons of threads with draft strategy out there so I thought I'd make one about what strategy we should take no part in. Whether its taking a certain player or trading down again, let me know what would piss you off the most.

For me, the worst case scenario would be taking Tannehill at 4 and Kendall Wright at 22. Tannehill wouldn't make the team better for a year or two and Wright is too undersized to be an elite WR (his speed isn't great for his size). This would drive me nuts to do this.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think for me it would just me trading down heavy again in the draft. 3-4 spots may actually be really smart but the top ten guys are all fantastic this year. We can't have another year of that IMO

Agreed. I think a trade down to 8 is the most I'd do. Plenty of play makers there (cough cough Michael Floyd cough)

Agree with all so far, but if they went "D" 2 of the 1st 3 picks, I would be pissed. Granted, we also have holes & needs on D, but we have virtually NO Offense, so that's what I want.

I just have a feeling I'll be pleased with our picks. Andy, you're right, it's pretty hard to go wrong with the top 8. The only way I could see a trade way down is with the trade being TOTALLY out of balance (in our favor, of course).

Mike

I wouldn't be pissed if they went D with 2 of the first 3 picks, but they better be impact players. Clairborn CB and Hightower LB then Hill at 37, I just don't think that will happen

Tannehill at 4 or 22 would piss me off

Weeden at 4, 22 or 37 will piss me off.

Trading down out of the top 11 would piss me off

I do expect a defensive player taken with our top 3 picks and offense taken with the other two.

taking kalil @ 4 would piss me off. I don't want tannehill at 4, but I could be proven wrong on picking him and he could turn out to be a stud. However, I do know that picking an offensive tackle is not going to score touchdowns for us. Therefore, no to kalil. Even if he is a stud, I would rather take a stop-gap RT and a playmaker at #4

Not drafting Trent Richardson or Justin Blackmon would piss me off.

The worst scenario though would be Tannehill at 4 and a RT at 22. Another season of 0 offensive playmakers would be very fun to watch. I couldn't imagine. I'd cancel Sunday Ticket so I didn't have to watch that monstrosity every week.

Three things that would piss me off:

1- Taking someone besides Trich at 4.

2- Trading down from the fourth pick(I'm okay with trading down @ 22).

3- Selecting a QB before the 5th round is a wasted pick.

As long as we take Richardson, they could really do anything with the rest of the draft and I'd be a happy man...

Personally, I'd trade every pick and we've got to make sure we ended up with Trent Richardson, Justing Blackmon and the best Offensive RT in the Draft... I'd even set it up where I'd use the comp. picks to select whomever they wanted with them...

Could we do that? Since we cannot trade those picks that were awarded to us, could we pick those guys for another team that wanted them then trade them to that team after they've signed with us?

Are you going to be a Browns fan if we take him? Just curious. B)

Most? Hard to choose between:

• Taking a QB before the 5th Rnd.
  • Taking a WR between Blackmon/ Floyd and Rnd 3.
  • Taking a CB between Claiborne and Rnd 5.

But if I had to choose one, it'd be the QB thing... unless of course Luck fell to #4... B)

Agreed. I think a trade down to 8 is the most I'd do. Plenty of play makers there (cough cough Michael Floyd cough)

Floyd at 8 wouldn't piss me off either... but the lower we went and still got him, the more I would be pleased...

Also a trade down and then back up scenario is plausible in my mind.

selecting a qb period would piss me off.

having the FO influenced by fan pressure would piss me off.

not taking claiborn at 4 would piss me off.

Thus setting a record for applying then decrying then applying fan pressure... :D

:lol:

Lame ass response Mikey, I say we WILL pick him and then you can cry all day that your Bucs missed out on him! :P

So, let me get this straight... you're not a fan of Haden, Cribbs, Thomas, Mack, Sheard, Rubin, Taylor, Little and others? Fans root for players as much as they root for teams. You pretty much lost all credibility in my eyes pansy.

I'm convinced, that I will be po'd, if the Browns don't draft a dynamic IMPACT player with all of their first four picks.

Although, the one exception is with the #37 pick. I think that's Wheeden, and pouty face Seneca Wallace can be cut, after

stewing on the sidelines while being the #3 qb on the roster. So, not replacing Seneca as the #2 qb would get me po'd.

And, taking Wright in the first two rounds would get me po'd.

Drafting lazy bum Adams, would be a disaster in any round.

Not drafting Bobby Massie, or

I'm actually thinkin it could be Blackmon, Martin, Wheeden and Swartz.

I WILL be po'd if I am still this confused AFTER the Browns draft. Make that PO'd.B)

Meanwhile:

According to Pro Football Weekly, Baylor WR Kendall Wright is "parked in the third round"

on a number of teams' draft boards after an unimpressive offseason.

There were rumors of an offseason weight gain for Wright, and his forty time at the Combine was slower than anticipated.

"Randall Cobb was a lot better," one NFL evaluator said. "Wright is nowhere near as good with the ball in his hands and (Cobb)

lasted 'til the back of the second (round). People are getting snookered (by Wright)." Wright managed only four bench-press reps,

and Pro Football Weekly reports

his body fat was 16 percent. Per PFW, it's "one of the highest percentages for a receiver in the past decade."

Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden "gets the vibe" the Browns are interested in him, and "relishes" the thought of competing with Colt McCoy.

"I know Colt had a good year last year, and he's a good football player," Weeden said. "But I'm a competitor, and I want to play as

soon as possible. I'd be excited about the opportunity to come in and compete with him and see how things pan out." The Cleveland Plain Dealer

confirms the Browns have shown "plenty of interest" in the 28-year-old signal caller, and that he will be an option with their second first-round pick

(No. 22).

GM Tom Heckert has previously spoken highly of Weeden. Cleveland could be his most likely landing spot.

If one of them were traded I'd still be a Browns fan, what are you trying to say?

You aren't too bright.

Stick to single-dimension, shallow topics like how awesome Trent Richardson's hair is. Insulting people isn't your strong point.

Oh, is that what you thought I was doing, insulting you? Hmmm, if I wanted to insult you I'd just comment on your writing skills... but since that's your livelihood and I'm sure you're working REALLY, REALLY hard to get better at it, I'll just leave that alone. B)

Oh, is that what you thought I was doing, insulting you? Hmmm, if I wanted to insult you I'd just comment on your writing skills... but since that's your livelihood and I'm sure you're working REALLY, REALLY hard to get better at it, I'll just leave that alone. B)

watch it girfriend.

mikeH just got off a destroyer touring the persian gulf going in and out of irag and afghan. i'm sure he learned and now knows enough to squash you like a dirty sand rat.

don't have your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash.

go back to your TR shrine and try not to (but do) burn down your mom's house from the basement up.

:lol:

I'll be disappointed with Claiborne at 4. We desperately need skill position players that are studs and if we blow that chance for Claiborne it will suck. But the other side of the coin is that Claiborne along with Haden and Ward would be an EXCEPTIONAL secondary. Top 3 in the league for sure. I COULDN'T ever fully hate it we got Claiborne, but like I said, I'd be disappointed that we didn't snag Richardson, Blackmon, or even to a lesser extent Floyd.

Archived