THE BROWNS BOARD

What Would Piss You Off Most?

I'll be disappointed with Claiborne at 4. We desperately need skill position players that are studs and if we blow that chance for Claiborne it will suck. But the other side of the coin is that Claiborne along with Haden and Ward would be an EXCEPTIONAL secondary. Top 3 in the league for sure. I COULDN'T ever fully hate it we got Claiborne, but like I said, I'd be disappointed that we didn't snag Richardson, Blackmon, or even to a lesser extent Floyd.

well then how about claiborn @4 and martin (RB) @22?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would piss me off the most is either drafting Tannehill with the #4 instead of Richardson, Blackmon, or Claiborne who are the only real options for the pick. What would piss me off as equally is taking Weeden any sooner than the 3rd or 4th if we DIDN'T draft Blackmon. I think the only way for Weeden to be relatively successful he will need his college #1 WR to go with him (it would also increase Blackmons production as well). I could live with Blackmon by himself but not Weeden by himself.

Drafting Tannehill or Claiborne at 4

Drafting Weeden earlier than the 4th round

Not getting a difference maker at RB WR and RT

+1

I have strong opinions on this one...

1. Drafting Tannehill at 3, 4, 7 or even 22.

2. Trading our #4 overall

Like the idea of trading the #22 back though.

3. Drafting Claiborne at 4. He's not Patrick Peterson.

4. Selecting a WR at 22- after Floyd you can interchange WRs rated in the 3-10 range. Meaning a team will likely draft a 3rd round Wr and he will probably out produce a guy like Wright.

5. Taking Weeden at 22 or moving into the first round to take him. I think Weeden is solid, but I'd rather have Wilson in Round 4 and I think he will be just as good as Weeden.

Here's one you all will love. I was shuffling through the mocks on WalterFootball.com, and the third mock on there today had the stupidest picks I have heard yet...possibly ever. Here are his first three picks for the Browns...

1A - Ryan Tannehill

1B - Kendall Wright

2 - Brandon Weeden

I am hoping that he was seriously high or completely plastered when he posted that mock. Nobody can really be that dumb can they?

Oh, I dunno. Ask the Bengals?

Like saying ask every team who finds a diamond in the rough... are you willing to roll the dice again on those later selections

2010 3 RD 85 selection Colt McCoy QB

2007 1st RD 22 selection Brady Quinn QB

2005 3 RD 67 selection Charlie Frye QB

2004 4 RD 106 selection Luke McCown QB

How about i Just ask the Cleveland Browns Vapor. I have no Interest in trying the 5th best or later projected QB because picks Like Tom Brady aren't an everyday luxury hit in the NFL and neither is taking the projected best BUT AT LEAST YOU HAD THE BALLS to select the best fucking rated QB.

If someone traded up to 3 to take Richardson it would poss me off. Don't let someone snake us again FO

I have an eerie feeling it's happening as we speak.

We held all the cards this offseason. Problem is ... we're still holding them.

Zombo

if we stay at 4 we're still going to get an impact player be it richardson, blackmon or claiborn.

Claiborn can blow me.

And if Blackmon isn't as impactful as the top three then we fucked up.

Zombo

I have a sick feeling in my gut that tells me that some FO is going to pull up a trade to get ahead of us to draft Trent Richardson. Trent Richardson is the best player in this draft outside Andrew Luck. Richardson is a beast, Trent can do it all! Richardson will likely be the rookie of the year. Can you guys just imagine the boost that Trent Richardson will bring to our offense. If you thought Peyton Hillis was gold then Richardson is enriched Plutonium locked, loaded and ready to be unleashed on the AFCN! Richardson could put Alex Mack on one shoulder and Joe Thomas on the other and still pick up 3-4 yards easy. Trent Richardson is one-of-a-kind. Trent Richardson is a unique specimen that has all the tools to break records and be the piece that the Browns need to finally break into the playoffs. Richardson this, Richardson that, Richardson, Richardson, Richardson...TRENT RICHARDSON! :wacko:

Just for the record: I have NEVER called on the Browns to Draft a runningback, ever. I've called for WR, OL, LB, DB, DL, QB, TE, and S. This is the only time I've ever campaigned for runningback. If the FO lets me down this time... I'll be pissed.

could you quit reiterating the same bullshit over and over please! "TR is a beast, he's gonna run over ray lewis, he can do it all...."

give it a fucking rest for god's sake. the only people that do not know you have a hard on for another man, coincidentally, also do not know what the internet is.

I have a sick feeling in my gut that tells me that some FO is going to pull up a trade to get ahead of us to draft Trent Richardson. Trent Richardson is the best player in this draft outside Andrew Luck. Richardson is a beast, Trent can do it all! Richardson will likely be the rookie of the year. Can you guys just imagine the boost that Trent Richardson will bring to our offense. If you thought Peyton Hillis was gold then Richardson is enriched Plutonium locked, loaded and ready to be unleashed on the AFCN! Richardson could put Alex Mack on one shoulder and Joe Thomas on the other and still pick up 3-4 yards easy. Trent Richardson is one-of-a-kind. Trent Richardson is a unique specimen that has all the tools to break records and be the piece that the Browns need to finally break into the playoffs. Richardson this, Richardson that, Richardson, Richardson, Richardson...TRENT RICHARDSON! :wacko:

Im sure the FO thought of this senario a month ago. We are still in good shape man, if they do draft him.

PoeticG mentioning Trent Richardson ONE MORE TIME!!!

"I have a sick feeling in my gut that tells me that some FO is going to pull up a trade to get ahead of us to draft Trent Richardson. Trent Richardson is the best player in this draft outside Andrew Luck. Richardson is a beast, Trent can do it all! Richardson will likely be the rookie of the year. Can you guys just imagine the boost that Trent Richardson will bring to our offense. If you thought Peyton Hillis was gold then Richardson is enriched Plutonium locked, loaded and ready to be unleashed on the AFCN! Richardson could put Alex Mack on one shoulder and Joe Thomas on the other and still pick up 3-4 yards easy. Trent Richardson is one-of-a-kind. Trent Richardson is a unique specimen that has all the tools to break records and be the piece that the Browns need to finally break into the playoffs. Richardson this, Richardson that, Richardson, Richardson, Richardson...TRENT RICHARDSON!"

***It was a joke Dick, go take a cold shower.***

man we've got so many holes that i just wouldn't use a pick this year on a qb unless some gem fell to us in the 4th or later.

if we draft richardson @4 then we still need wide receiver but what's the dropoff from the first tier wrs? can we gamble and wait to the second round and pick a good wr? if so, where do the OL rank?

i'd take the OL or WR or RB (if we didn't draft richardson).

these first and second round picks are too important to be spending on a project QB. yeah i saw polian on espn talking about how he'll be great. all i know is we haven't had great in cleveland since kosar at that position. everything this team touches turns to stone.

man we've got so many holes that i just wouldn't use a pick this year on a qb unless some gem fell to us in the 4th or later.

if we draft richardson @4 then we still need wide receiver but what's the dropoff from the first tier wrs? can we gamble and wait to the second round and pick a good wr? if so, where do the OL rank?

i'd take the OL or WR or RB (if we didn't draft richardson).

these first and second round picks are too important to be spending on a project QB. yeah i saw polian on espn talking about how he'll be great. all i know is we haven't had great in cleveland since kosar at that position. everything this team touches turns to stone.

I completely agree. Its unfortunate that we have more holes coming into the draft than I anticipated before last season. We made a hole by letting Hillis go (I'm not against that, just wasnt expecting it) and we only filled one hole on defense with the DE signings. It would have been really nice to get a serviceable OLB and RT in free agency as well. I understand we are building through the draft but we have so many holes that some just need a patch or a stop gap cause we cant fill them all through the draft. That being said, Id rather build with young players on offense to work on the chemistry (WR, RB, and RT), I think defenders can be picked up in free agency or later rounds and suffice for now. But then a part of me wants to go BPA and if its a defender at 22 then we should probably take him. I totally agree on the QB front, lets get that with our first rounder next year if Colt doesnt develop, lets not waste a pick on a backup or project QB. Mayyybe go with Weeden at #37 but I would much rather wait...

Oh and I know he is an "expert" but I have disagreed with almost everything that Polian has been saying since he was fired. He doesnt seem like the kind of guy I would want in my front office, idk if any of you have felt that way too, just my opinion.

Archived