THE BROWNS BOARD

But Who Will Weeden Throw To?

Dick Mellon

I could tell ya who weedy will throw the ball to and often but instead i will let you guys guess with the only clue being DAnderception...

Our only hope of winning a few games this year is if richardson can somehow break through and pound the ball against stacked defense after stacked defense..

What has made you think Travis Benjamin is even going to see the field? He'll be a special teams contributor but I'll be surprised if he finds his way in to your starting rotation. Shocked even.

The fact that he has speed alone makes him a canidate to start. because I doubt Massaqui will make the squad...all you really have is Mitchell whose hurt all the damn time...So figure Our starting four will be Little,Cribbs,Norwood and Benjamin. or I figure Massaquoi maybe sticks till about mid season as they pepper in Benjamin.....

What has made you think Travis Benjamin is even going to see the field? He'll be a special teams contributor but I'll be surprised if he finds his way in to your starting rotation. Shocked even.

Contribute where? KR, PR? The guy's a smurf. The days of Dino Hall are over. Benjamin was brought in for one reason- to increase team speed. If he can break press coverage, They'll just have him run go routes the entire game.

i'm over the draft drama so can i go into 'film' mode?

QB roll right pitch off to TR. 4yds. weeden goes back into the pocket and hits little on a slant for 15 yds. defense adjustes and take away running game by stacking 6 guyz on the line and making richardson irrelevant. weeden on his back going on an air trip to nebraska or wherever the fuck this redneck is from.

let's just get this politically fired draft a chance so we can get back to talking football.

That's because you don't know football.

Listen....All About the Benjamin needs only to listen to Bill Cosby: "You, go long" to contribute.

(or maybe he will do an Eric Metcalf/Josh Cribbs thing and just return kicks for TDs. Ain't nothing wrong with that.)

No Robinson?

This was CBS Sports list. I don't know who Robinson is, but I suspect he is a Michigan player since that question came from you. Which tells me one of two things: either "Robinson" is an underclassman, thus not listed here, or you are way over rating him.

....err, or, are you talking about Dennard Robinson? I don't think he will be listed with the WR prospects.

Now think about it, one of the things I have wanted is skill players. Shit, we got two of the very best in a QB and a RB in the first round? How the hell can that not excite you?

The pin prick to this balloon could be the totally unimaginitive offense that Shurmur runs....or ran. Lets hope the team has improved in this area as well. Maybe Childress will help.

Your wrong.

If teams stack the line, their will walk away with a sore asshole. Again, the footspeed difference between the fastest and slowest WRs in teh league is miniscule. These guys aren't competing in a footrace, PLUS, all the speed trials are done, to my understanding without full gear. I always found this to be meaningless, like running a race horse with no jockey, maybe?

If teams are stacking the line and jamming the short stuff, it only takes a few pump fakes here and there to give a crafty WR the break on a pattern. Now, if you want to consider a slower WR, say a 4.4 4o guy, against a 4.15 DB, there isn't enough speed difference that the DB who bites on a short pass only to find the WR going deeper on him,

is going to recover in time to stop a quickly released 10 - 15 - 20 yard pass.

Colt just didn't have that ability and it killed our offense. Those days are gone, done, fini. It the Steelers want to stack the line and play badass, you mark my words, they are going to get toasted, and once they are toasted and bakc off, Richardson will ram his helmet down a few throats.

I don't believe our play calling was or is a problem, Personally, I like to see more play action passes on obvious running downs, especially 2nd and 1, when EVERYONE is biting on the handoff, but perhaps that will come as we have a confident and capable QB.

Oh, I think the Browns still need a few things, and a bastard of a WR would be nice, so would a capably FB, and yes, I wish we oculd have the physical qualities of Hillis, I just think his attitude would detract form the new blood and energy. We need a FB who doesn't expect to steal the limelight, especially now that we have a great RB in our backfield again.

I believe the Browns will fuck up a lot of teams. Maybe we won't make the playoffs, but it won't be dull, give away football anymore. I will kiss Stan's wilted, diseased, discolored, dried-up nutsack if this offense isn't a crowd pleaser in 2012.

Ghools has officially gone to the dark side.

McCoy not being able to pump fake killed the offense last year?

Play calling wasnt a problem?

Are you reading what you're typing?

the best thing we did in the draft is improve our OL and get a legit RB (pleez stay healthy, mfer). i agree with archie bunker that what our offense is based upon (the brilliant holmgren/pat shurmer version of the WCO v42.5.8), is the chunk and dunk. and therefore that position was not of the highest importance.

i could've swore that a whole lot more of this forum throughout last season was screaming for a top 3 wide out. nah, guess not?

it's amazing how fast people forget what was shooting out of their mouths a couple of months ago and wipe it clean from their ownership like wiping a chalkboard with an eraser. and now everything is great.

get back to me when we're 0 and 6.

i could've swore that a whole lot more of this forum throughout last season was screaming for a top 3 wide out. nah, guess not?

Well, yes there was a lot of screaming for a Wideout...and for a RB, and for a QB, and for a RT...and for LBs, and DBs. WR was just one of many things we were screaming for.

So, we didn't get a Top 3 WR. Send Heckert a Howler:

Josh Cribbs thing and just return kicks for TDs. Ain't nothing wrong with that.)

well we all know cribbs isn't 'the man' doing that anymore. i'm surprised people are even in love with his WR play.

love the dude but this org has wasted his talent. another one bites the dust.

well we all know cribbs isn't 'the man' doing that anymore. i'm surprised people are even in love with his WR play.

love the dude but this org has wasted his talent. another one bites the dust.

How do you figure the organizatin has wasted his talent? It hasn't won but that had nothing to do with Cribb's talent. He was/is outstanding at kick returns, and FYI, he led the Browns in TD receptions last year.

By losing they "wasted" everyone talents....or lack thereof. Cribbs no more than anyone else.

And, by the way...I for one don't know that Cribbs "ain't the man" any more. He may very well be the man. I expect him to be the man when it comes to special teams, still.

How do you figure the organizatin has wasted his talent? It hasn't won but that had nothing to do with Cribb's talent. He was/is outstanding at kick returns, and FYI, he led the Browns in TD receptions last year.

By losing they "wasted" everyone talents....or lack thereof. Cribbs no more than anyone else.

And, by the way...I for one don't know that Cribbs "ain't the man" any more. He may very well be the man. I expect him to be the man when it comes to special teams, still.

i just think that they could/should use him on offense in certain ways that haven't been explored. i know they tried to do a 'wild dawg' thing with him years ago but it all but fizzled out.

the ineptitude of the coaching staff since '99 with creating some type of imaginative spin on things offensively has fallen short.

i would have him under center at least a half a dozen times a game. i mean wasn't he a QB in college?

This was CBS Sports list. I don't know who Robinson is, but I suspect he is a Michigan player since that question came from you. Which tells me one of two things: either "Robinson" is an underclassman, thus not listed here, or you are way over rating him.

....err, or, are you talking about Dennard Robinson? I don't think he will be listed with the WR prospects.

Yes, Denard Robinson. I figured he would be listed with WRs because it's pretty much universally accepted that he'll be a WR/KR/PR/etc. In the NFL. Even if he has an amazing RGIII type season he's still too short to really take as a QB. I mean, it's not impossible, but he'd have to really improve his passing game.

Anyway Kiper said at one point he could be the top WR on the board. Now I know everyone here hates Kiper, McShay, etc. (totally rationally of course) and he could have just been trying to make an interesting conversation but you would think this mention would at least get him in the list of WRs.

And no, I would not overrate Michigan players (not that much I hope) and I know their class status, so I know who should be drafted or not.

The draft is over and I would have expected most of the Browns fans who were disappointed with the draft to atleast settle down and give this team a chance. We have solidified 2 positions - RT and RB. On paper Weeden is an upgrade over McCoy. We got an OC to make like easier for Shurmur. If all these click then we should be better than last year. Ofcourse we wont know it until the season begins but shouldn't we atleast wait till the season begins before making that analysis?

We dont have a WR and that is going to be the hole that sinks the ship? Seems like many here bitching cos they want to bitch ... almost like they are sadomasochists.

We dont have a WR and that is going to be the hole that sinks the ship? Seems like many here bitching cos they want to bitch ... almost like they are sadomasochists.

well when things don't go the way that you think they'll go people tend to get a little scruffy.

i just think that they could/should use him on offense in certain ways that haven't been explored. i know they tried to do a 'wild dawg' thing with him years ago but it all but fizzled out.

the ineptitude of the coaching staff since '99 with creating some type of imaginative spin on things offensively has fallen short.

i would have him under center at least a half a dozen times a game. i mean wasn't he a QB in college?

OK, fair points. Like I said, send Holmgren a Howler. (Wouldn't it be nice if we really could?)

Yes, Denard Robinson. I figured he would be listed with WRs because it's pretty much universally accepted that he'll be a WR/KR/PR/etc. In the NFL. Even if he has an amazing RGIII type season he's still too short to really take as a QB. I mean, it's not impossible, but he'd have to really improve his passing game.

Anyway Kiper said at one point he could be the top WR on the board. Now I know everyone here hates Kiper, McShay, etc. (totally rationally of course) and he could have just been trying to make an interesting conversation but you would think this mention would at least get him in the list of WRs.

And no, I would not overrate Michigan players (not that much I hope) and I know their class status, so I know who should be drafted or not.

Well, maybe he could become Josh Cribbs Part Deux?

I wouldn't declare Cribbs "done" just yet. He has been unlucky with injuries the past 2 years, but in 2012 you'll see the return of his 2009 form!

In 2010 he dislocated four toes early, and later in the year was given a concussion in a helmet-to-helmet from Harrison.

In 2011 he had a bad groin injury all year.

If you've never had a groin pull - let alone a severe one - don't make the assumption that he "should" be able to play through it.. that's just not going to happen. I speak from experience.

The draft is over and I would have expected most of the Browns fans who were disappointed with the draft to atleast settle down and give this team a chance. We have solidified 2 positions - RT and RB. On paper Weeden is an upgrade over McCoy. We got an OC to make like easier for Shurmur. If all these click then we should be better than last year. Ofcourse we wont know it until the season begins but shouldn't we atleast wait till the season begins before making that analysis?

Im pretty sure we have some wr's. Greg Little was a 2nd round pick that could have been a 1st if UNC didnt suspend 16 players for the whole season. The hole that sinks the ship is going to be your attitude and the attidues of all the negative people on here. We all hate to lose you know, give this team a chance, they just might surprise you!

Archived