THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama Comes Out For Gay Marriage

Wow never knew that...

"There is a reason why one man is born black and with other disadvantages, while another is born white with great advantages. The reason is that we once had an estate before we came here, and were obedient; more or less, to the laws that were given us there. Those who were faithful in all things there [pre-existence] received greater blessings here, and those who were not faithful received less. . . . There were no neutrals in the war in Heaven. All took sides either with Christ or with Satan. Every man had his agency there, and men receive rewards here based upon their actions there, just as they will receive rewards hereafter for deeds done in the body. The Negro, evidently, is receiving the reward he merits (Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, 1:61, 65-66; emphasis added)."

There are more explicit passages than that.

The Mormons revised their stand on blacks in the 70's. Somebody got a message from God about it. Nice try Mormons.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but other religions are totally more legit right? Lol

Yeah, clearly the Abrahamic God is the one true God. Surely, there is more substance to Elisha summoning two she-bears to slayeth 42 children than there is for The Islamic Moongod and its Great Prophet Muhammad to ride a unicorn into heaven.

I'm a Republican and I don't think I can vote for ROmney because of some of this stuff. I don't want to vote for Obama but I don't think I can vote for Romney. Maybe Gary Johnson on Ron Paul.

Bless you dude. I find my accepting most of what Paul says. He is a realist and is too honest. It is sad that the one man who can lead a honest and good campaign based on more honesty than we have had in the recent decade is unfortunately ignored by the very party to which he belongs and does not have any electable candidate.

Ron Paul is a bit nutty to lets be honest. I'm just not in the business of handing over my vote to a guy who has no values .....that he couldn't change by the end of the day. That's not a leader and it ain't honest. Paul doesn't square with me on everything but at least he's honest. I'd probably vote for Obama before I'd vote for Romney. I don't want to because he's done nothing on the deficit and I don't like the team he's on. He's been pretty good on ending Iraq and killing bad guys. And I like what he did this week for my sister. You should see how much it means to them. My job also depends on the auto industry and Obama saved all our jobs and Romney wanted to let us all hit the unemployment line. Now he's trying to take credit for the auto bailout. There's only so much bullshit I can take. Party don't mean shit anymore anyway. We got six more months of this bullshit to go. I'll listen and keep an open mind but don't expect to be wowed. And they should stop telling me Romney looks like a president. Why? His hair? That mkes him presidential somehow. In my book its the stuff that comes out of your mouth and what you stand for that makes you presidential. And he doesn't stand for shit.

Maybe Gary Johnson. I have to learn more. Night ladies.

That Perkins guy is a moron, haha. I guess anyone can just make up an institution and call themselves the president of it. I don't like Mathews attacking the other guy all the time though. I mean, sure, he is a moron and completely wrong but he should just act as a moderator.

I don't understand how they think that letting gay people marry will discourage hetero marriage or cause the structure of the family to crumble. Some how because gay people can marry, as a straight guy I'm going to not want to marry a women and procreate anymore...

Did you see this video?

So, who is gonna claim this crazy lady as their wife? Cal, T, Bunker?

I think it would be a far better country if states like California were expelled from the union.

Californians don't like America for how it is and are always wanting to force their agenda upon everyone else in the name of fairness. And who is forcing what issues now?

I'm glad states like NC have taken measures to protect themselves from all of the hippy bullcrap.

So Heck.

Do you believe , as I do, that every human being has at least some propensity toward each sexual orientation?

WSS

I'm not sure what you mean. You mean every man has at least some gay in him, and every woman has some lesbian in them? No, not really. The research shows that sexuality is a spectrum, but most people are exclusively hetero oriented. True bisexuality is somewhat rare. And about 3%-4% of the population is homosexual. Like, with the Kinsey scale, people fall all over the range, but the vast majority are clustered as "exclusively heterosexual."

If this is where you start trying to claim that it's a choice for gay people, I just don't agree at all, nor does the research agree at all. Nor does anyone I know who is gay feel they chose to be gay. They feel gay chose them, usually at a pretty early age.

It's funny. I've got a Republican brother who is your typical business type, who thinks just about anyone who doesn't wear a baseball hat, a collared shirt, and a pair of khakis is a fucking weirdo. And his daughter's best friend is a kid named Charlie. And Charlie, from age two on, has been so clearly gay that it's completely changed my brother's view on the subject. He finally understands that Charlie's parents, who are friends of his, didn't do anything differently with Charlie that they did with their other kids and that Charlie just popped out gay. He likes to do all the things that my niece likes to do. There's zero question in anyone's mind that Charlie, now seven, is gay. And thankfully no one cares, including my brother. (Sort of.)

If I think about my experience, I can remember being attracted to girls in kindergarten. When I ask my gay friends they usually say something similar - that they knew they were attracted to the same sex at some point in grade school, thought most of them had to deny it, or tried to deny it, at least until high school, or even later, because it wasn't something you could be in the 70s and 80s, even the 90s.

So I think you're talking about sexual preference, not orientation. They're two different things. One isn't innate and one is.

But maybe you weren't going down that road. You can fill me in.

That Perkins guy is a moron, haha. I guess anyone can just make up an institution and call themselves the president of it. I don't like Mathews attacking the other guy all the time though. I mean, sure, he is a moron and completely wrong but he should just act as a moderator.

I don't understand how they think that letting gay people marry will discourage hetero marriage or cause the structure of the family to crumble. Some how because gay people can marry, as a straight guy I'm going to not want to marry a women and procreate anymore...

Did you see this video?

Yeah, that's something special. Why do you think I want to get Cal out in front of a camera?

Did you see this video?

Dude this is Bunker's wife.

Why don't you grow some nads, Heck, and let us know when you can go back and ask questions about your princess Obamao.

THEN you can bicker and whine about Romney's past.

(did you ever admit to yourself that Obamao's father was a communist radical? Ever?

I drink root beer on the rocks, cept my root beer is all gone, so I'm drinkin Hawaiian punch with a few ounces of water and a few ice cubes.

It's not as strong and/or syrupy that way.

Ah, for the silly days you used to fabricate your phony "non-partisan" personna. But, alas, Shep is long gone.

I drink root beer on the rocks, cept my root beer is all gone, so I'm drinkin Hawaiian punch with a few ounces of water and a few ice cubes.

It's not as strong and/or syrupy that way.

Ah, for the silly days you used to fabricate your phony "non-partisan" personna. But, alas, Shep is long gone.

really? Shepwrite and heck are one in the same? Hows that hope and change working for ya shep? :o

Archived