THE BROWNS BOARD

Rumor Going Around ... Haden Failed Drug Test

why cant we win

I am neither a Pharmacist nor a Judge. I AM a huge Joe Haden & Browns Fan, so I'll just wait to see what happens. No matter what, Joe, the Browns, & we Fans will live with the decision.

Mike

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its adderall. It doesn't really effect your body unless you OD. The effect of it is that it gets you really focused.

that's bullshit. anyone who uses it regularly for an extended period of time (like a year plus) who isn't diagnosed as needing it becomes completely useless. it's currently an epidemic at Ivy Schools and places like MIT. they can not function adequately without it...it's like it rewires you.

always remember, everything in moderation people. :-)

not just generation X, generation Y, or generation Next, but America as a whole is targeted to be medicated imho DHBF.

it is my belief that the more "they" keep us all loaded-up the less we will notice and/or care to do something about...but that's for discussion on another board at another time. ;)

signed,

Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist

Yeah it is, gets you super focused.

adderall is meth, literally. not like it, it is it. a prescribable, socially acceptable meth. fwiw, meth is in oxy's, too.

i have a script and it has no noticeable effect on me. btw, those who actually need it don't get high from it...they get normal.

i have no idea if Joe needs it or not but he should know better.

hey Joe, here 's your mulligan douche...don't let it happen again.

I'm mostly a lurker around here, but I wanted to point out that this is not true. Adderall is a regular amphetamine, like speed basically. While these can certainly be harmful and it's not good to use a ton, the harmful effects are not on par with meth (i.e. methamphetamine). Don't want to get too technical on a football board, but there is an extra methyl (chemistry anyone?) in methamphetamine that alters the way it interacts with your system.

I definitely agree that adderall use is an epidemic at the Ivys and probably many schools. Most of the people that went to undergrad here on my campus tried it or used it regularly for cramming.

not just generation X, generation Y, or generation Next, but America as a whole is targeted to be medicated imho DHBF.

it is my belief that the more "they" keep us all loaded-up the less we will notice and/or care to do something about...but that's for discussion on another board at another time. ;)

signed,

Paranoid Conspiracy Theorist

I agree. I don't ever remember as a kid seeing 2 minute long commercials for all these drugs. And the list of side effects is mind numbing. "Oh, you have restless leg syndrome, take these pills that will paralyze you from the nuts down, and give you suicidal thoughts while you experience the shits out of your belly button".

My wife and I have a friend who swears she has ADD at almost 40 years old. She can be scattered brain in her thoughts and her speech but she doesn't lose focus on things and she finishes what she starts. Just because she will during a conversation get off on tangents and talk your ear off doesn't mean she has ADD. However, she went to the DR. and he/her put her on something. She tells everyone "I have ADD"... no you don't. You just want to have something wrong with you.

There are people that just want to have something wrong with them and that is who all these pharmaceutical companies are going after.

I'm mostly a lurker round here, but I wanted to point out that this is not true. Adderall is a regular amphetamine, like speed basically. While these can certainly be harmful and it's not good to use a ton, the harmful effects are not on par with meth (i.e. methamphetamine). Don't want to get too technical on a football board, but there is an extra methyl (chemistry anyone?) in methamphetamine that alters the way it interacts with your system.

potato, po-tahto. one of my cousins is a 50 yr old competent chemist and he agrees there's very little difference. essentially they are fraternal twin brothers who went to K thru 12 together then one went to college and the other didn't. meth carries such a severe social stigma no one wants to admit association with it but they are indeed of the same family. i agree with you there is some difference (for one i CAN feel the effects of crystal >> so that alone supports your post right there) but i still feel we're mostly splitting hairs.

Adderall is nothing lime meth....in either its chemical composition, effects, or side effects.

Thats like saying alcohol is the same as codine because theyre both downers.

don't believe the hype. its more like Captain Morgan and 151.

i prefer Sailor Jerry anyway.

I agree. I don't ever remember as a kid seeing 2 minute long commercials for all these drugs. And the list of side effects is mind numbing. "Oh, you have restless leg syndrome, take these pills that will paralyze you from the nuts down, and give you suicidal thoughts while you experience the shits out of your belly button".

Ha! now THAT'S funny!! +2

Archived