THE BROWNS BOARD

Convention

Westside Steve

It's all relative, Little Poopypants Johnny Woodenpeckerhead.

I have rewritten complex, long computer programs written by "experts".

Many times in my career. Much of my career. That takes some

legit genius, woodenpeckerhead. That's what I've been told by R&D experts, etc.

I've created programmed interfaces between a pc, and a machine, fully functional,

and wrote a program that auto-ran complex, proprietary tests on material.

It was a 50,000 dollar machine, and I wasn't allowed to ever break it.

I wrote the program in two months, with extensive, innovative additions in functionality

over the next 4. It's called to take seriously any claim that I'm not smart... in that way.

Higher math gives me indigestion, so kudos to you for being whatever it is you are, in engineering.

But as a person, as a human being, woodpeckerhead, you really reek. And not of elderberries.

And Cysko, hah. You can steal, borrow a song or haiku, any poem, and in some fashion, simply use it

as is, or use it as a template, without me having any clue of it's origin.

That's why I challenged you to a story writing. I'm not saying you are dumber ? than me,

I'm saying you dissed my story, and I simply said for you to try it yourself.

See? That's emoting on your part. I didn't write a haiku or song that you dissed.

Good grief, can't you libs EVER keep to one subkect at hand?

damn. The subject is my story that you dissed, and I simply said you should try it yourself.

Either do that, or stick it.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all relative, Little Poopypants Johnny Woodenpeckerhead.

I have rewritten complex, long computer programs written by "experts".

Many times in my career. Much of my career. That takes some

legit genius, woodenpeckerhead. That's what I've been told by R&D experts, etc.

I've created programmed interfaces between a pc, and a machine, fully functional,

and wrote a program that auto-ran complex, proprietary tests on material.

It was a 50,000 dollar machine, and I wasn't allowed to ever break it.

I wrote the program in two months, with extensive, innovative additions in functionality

over the next 4. It's called to take seriously any claim that I'm not smart... in that way.

Higher math gives me indigestion, so kudos to you for being whatever it is you are, in engineering.

But as a person, as a human being, woodpeckerhead, you really reek. And not of elderberries.

And Cysko, hah. You can steal, borrow a song or haiku, any poem, and in some fashion, simply use it

as is, or use it as a template, without me having any clue of it's origin.

That's why I challenged you to a story writing. I'm not saying you are dumber ? than me,

I'm saying you dissed my story, and I simply said for you to try it yourself.

See? That's emoting on your part. I didn't write a haiku or song that you dissed.

Good grief, can't you libs EVER keep to one subkect at hand?

damn. The subject is my story that you dissed, and I simply said you should try it yourself.

Either do that, or stick it.

I could do that anyway. If you don't want to trust me than don't, but I don't hide behind false names nor do I plagerize. Like saint/bunker if you're afraid to agree to a fair challenge that's fine. I didn't say, BTW, that you were dumb. In fact yesterday I said you were somewhat clever.

I'll go. The Democratic convention has been far more effective than the Republican convention. More on message, coherent, and with better speakers.

There isn't much convention bounce to be had anymore. It's just a different era. But Romney's probably only measured about .5-1.0 points, which pulled him close to Obama but not ahead, and I expect Obama to get a slightly bigger bounce, something on the order of 1.0 to 2.0 points, which will cement his lead.

Clinton was very effective at knocking down the two big lines of attack on Obama last night - gutting work requirements in welfare and cutting Medicare benefits. Which isn't too hard, I suppose, because neither of them are true. But Clinton did very well. Too bad he was going up against NFL opening night and I'm not sure how many people watched.

Like I was saying yesterday, Romney's got an uphill climb here. Even Alex Castellanos seemed to want to throw in the towel last night after Clinton's speech: "You don't have to come back tomorrow. This convention is done," Castellanos said. "This will be the moment that probably reelected Barack Obama."

...Probably a bit premature for that, but he's a political vet and I think he can see the writing on the wall. The Republican Party just doesn't have a broad enough appeal to win this one, even in a shitty economy with 8.3% unemployment. As Lindsay Graham admitted the other day, "“The demographics race we’re losing badly. We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long-term.”

Jobs numbers are one thing that can help Romney, or help Obama if they come in better than expected. The Labor Department number comes in tomorrow, but the ADP number is out today. And here it is:

201,000 private-sector jobs were added in August, according to a report released by the ADP on Thursday, a figure significantly higher than analysts anticipated. The number comes ahead of the U.S. Labor Department’s job numbers for the month of August due out on Friday, which has become one of the most-watched numbers this election cycle. A sampling of economists polled by the Wall Street Journal’s MarketWatch found that they expect the Labor Department to say that employment rose by 120,000 jobs in August, and that unemployment will remain steady at 8.3 percent. Also on Thursday, the Department of Labor announced that jobless claims fell to their lowest level in a month.

...If the number tomorrow is anything like this, Romney's hill just got steeper.

Jobs numbers are one thing that can help Romney, or help Obama if they come in better than expected. The Labor Department number comes in tomorrow, but the ADP number is out today. And here it is:

201,000 private-sector jobs were added in August, according to a report released by the ADP on Thursday, a figure significantly higher than analysts anticipated. The number comes ahead of the U.S. Labor Department’s job numbers for the month of August due out on Friday, which has become one of the most-watched numbers this election cycle. A sampling of economists polled by the Wall Street Journal’s MarketWatch found that they expect the Labor Department to say that employment rose by 120,000 jobs in August, and that unemployment will remain steady at 8.3 percent. Also on Thursday, the Department of Labor announced that jobless claims fell to their lowest level in a month.

...If the number tomorrow is anything like this, Romney's hill just got steeper.

I didn't watch Clinton, the giants and cowboys were playing.

I agree with Graham.

seems like there's a glut of Angry Negros women and Hispanics who think the white man owes them something.

The non prime time stuff looked pretty harsh from what I saw, and I didn't see it on Fox.

I wouldn't worry about the NFL costing your guys viewers, the Republicans had Isaac to truncate their party.

And I'm sure the mainstream media will find a way to sugar coat the jobs numbers however they roll.

But you guys did manage to keep the clumsy part out of prime time.

WSS

Steve, my man, I'm going to let you in on something: there's a glut of blacks, Hispanics, gays, etc., who are tired of a Party that talks to them and about them like you just did. And that, more than anything else, is why the Republicans can't seem to attract anyone but older white people.

So you're not agreeing with Lindsay Graham at all. He's talking about the need to make an appeal to a wider audience, lest the party die off as they become a smaller share of the electorate every year. You're talking about the best way to keep them away.

So hey, keep it up.

Steve, my man, I'm going to let you in on something: there's a glut of blacks, Hispanics, gays, etc., who are tired of a Party that talks to them and about them like you sid.

[/b]

But still can't bring themselves to break the bonds of the stereotype.

I do understand that.[/b]

So you're not agreeing with Lindsay Graham at all. He's talking about the need to make an appeal to a wider audience, lest the party die off as they become a smaller share of the electorate every year. You're talking about the best way to keep them away.

I most certainly agree with Graham.

unfortunately self reliance and independence don't appeal to people who considers themselves part of a separate group, no matter who it may be.

you appeal to the group you feels they have been wronged by promising to make it up.

And since there is only 1 group in America whom the voters don't think have been wrong...

yes, heck, I understand divide and conquer.

WSS

You're doing it again.

This has been a running theme for you for over five years. You simply don't think the black community, or black people, have any positive qualities at all. You denigrate them in every single post you write. And it's always bullshit. You have one basic characterization of about 39 million people, and it's that they're lazy, uneducated people who don't want to be a part of America, who aren't self-sufficient and are just asking for government handouts. The people who win their votes are the ones promising to maintain this level of dependence, and that's why they vote the way they do.

This is hardly a rare position on the right; it's a widely held view. And it goes a long way to explaining why you don't get any of their votes.

You think it's truth-telling instead of what it is: prejudice.

Flip it and think of why Democrats don't get many Evangelical votes. Because they don't like them as a class of people and spend a lot of their time shitting on them. It's not all that different.

You're doing it again.

This has been a running theme for you for over five years. You simply don't think the black community, or black people, have any positive qualities at all. You denigrate them in every single post you write. And it's always bullshit. You have one basic characterization of about 39 million people, and it's that they're lazy, uneducated people who don't want to be a part of America, who aren't self-sufficient and are just asking for government handouts. The people who win their votes are the ones promising to maintain this level of dependence, and that's why they vote the way they do.

This is hardly a rare position on the right; it's a widely held view. And it goes a long way to explaining why you don't get any of their votes.

You think it's truth-telling instead of what it is: prejudice.

Flip it and think of why Democrats don't get many Evangelical votes. Because they don't like them as a class of people and spend a lot of their time shitting on them. It's not all that different.

Heck that is exactly what the Democrats do, they make everyone feel as though they are a separate class of people.

And your first sentence is just garbage something that maybe even you should reconsider.

But let me ask you this, in all honesty.

say I was appointed head of the RNC.

I hire you as 1 of my advisors.

heck, I ask, how do I get more minorities in to the party?

Remember I need to do this while assuming that they are equal members of society, not A sub group that needs special considerations an extra perks.

must I promise to overlook illegal immigration to appeal to Hispanics?

Must I promise to a lot more tax money for black people and programs in the inner city?

seriously what are your recommendations that don't involve a bidding war between Republicans and Democrats?

WSS

I just don't agree with any of your generalizations. Almost never. You're always painting with way, way too broad a brush. It's been years and I can't yank any of these ideas out of your head and I'm in no mood to try. Your ideas of what Democrats and liberals and minorities think and believe are just pure crankery.

The first step to the Republican Party becoming a more inclusive party would be to reign in the nuttier voices and to begin to establish some trust that the party has their interests in mind. Trust me when I'm telling you this, because I'm very sure I talk to more minority voters than you do: they hear everything you say about them. They know how you and people like you feel. They don't want to be any part of what they think is a systematic effort to deny them a place at the table.

Until Republicans erase that common belief - that they aren't wanted in the Republican Party, and that the Republican Party doesn't represent or care about their interests - and back it with some sort of action on the issues they care about most, it's never going to change.

And let me give you some issues that these voters care about: public education, public safety, community colleges, student loans/Pell grants, drug policy/sentencing reform, immigration policy, health care, jobs. I could go on.

Oh, I'm sorry. I mean who is going to give them the most money for free and not ask them to work. That's all they care about.

And let me give you some issues that these voters care about: public education, public safety, community colleges, student loans/Pell grants, drug policy/sentencing reform, immigration policy, health care, jobs. I could go on.

Oh, I'm sorry. I mean who is going to give them the most money for free and not ask them to work. That's all they care about.

Actually all but 2 of those issues concern more money from the taxpayer to the community.

and both of those are about softening the stance on 2 illegal activities.

Why would you suppose drug laws matter more to the minority community?

and taking the teeth out of prosecution for illegal immigration helps curb illegality in what way?

WSS

Actually all but 2 of those issues concern more money from the taxpayer to the community.

and both of those are about softening the stance on 2 illegal activities.

Why would you suppose drug laws matter more to the minority community?

and taking the teeth out of prosecution for illegal immigration helps curb illegality in what way?

WSS

Steve, what you really want to do is say that blacks are druggies and Latinos are illegals. So go ahead and say it. You don't need me to bring up drug policy or immigration to do it. That's obviously where you want to get back to when you ask me, "Why would you suppose drug laws matter more to the minority community?" So just get on with your usual rant.

I'll talk about drug policy and immigration policy with someone else.

Steve, what you really want to do is say that blacks are druggies and Latinos are illegals. So go ahead and say it. You don't need me to bring up drug policy or immigration to do it. That's obviously where you want to get back to when you ask me, "Why would you suppose drug laws matter more to the minority community?" So just get on with your usual r

Those were the 2 issues ( that didn't precisely concern federal giveaways) that you yourself brought up when I asked what a party could do to appeal to minorities.

That was your response, sir, I didn't bait you into it.

WSS

Let's not be coy.

Our drug policy is a complete and total disaster, not to mention largely ineffective, that has massive consequences for the people it effects. And the people who get caught up in this system are overwhelmingly minority. I don't think - and lots of people don't think - there's one single policy change that could benefit the American inner city more than a complete overhaul of American drug policy and its sentencing laws.

There's simply no good reason to lock up non-violent drug offenders for 5, 10, 20 years. And there are lots of bad reasons to do it.

This never gets mentioned by either party because there's no political capital in it. And yet it's vastly more important and effects millions more people - not to mention creates untold amounts of violence, both here and abroad - than the issues that do get discussed.

If you're looking at poor communities in any American city, this where there is economic opportunity lies: in the illegal drug trade. This is what spawns the most violence. This is what creates the most arrests. This is what puts people in the system, from which the generally never return. You can't get your life back after you've done a few years in prison. No one wants to hire you. If you had few opportunities before, now you have even fewer. Rinse, repeat.

We just keep cycling these people through the system in order to keep them out of view of the rest of America. It's not a solution. It's maintenance work.

So why were you asking me why drug laws are important to the black community, or the Latino community? Because you don't know? Or because you wanted to make a point that they want a break on drug laws because they're the ones doing all the drugs? Just like you wanted to point out that Latinos want a break on immigration policy because they're all the illegals.

This is not a policy discussion. That's just something you like to say over and over again. In your mind, there simply is no liberal policy on anything. You think it's al just a vote-getting scheme. We can't actually think that drug laws are incredibly stupid and counter-productive. No, no. We just talk about it because we're trying to cut some voters a break on their rap sheets. We can't think immigration policy is completely out of whack and things like border fences are a complete waste of money. No, we only mention it so we can get more illegals here and win more Latino votes.

So, like I said, what's the point? It only took me two more weeks of you to remind me that there is no point to arguing with someone who thinks all liberals are amoral vote-selling whores, and all minorities are lazy and strive for more government dependency.

Try and stay with me here. I'm not responding to myself, so pointing out what I wrote doesn't do anything. I'm responding to what you wrote. I responded to you wanting to go down the same rabbit hole you always want to go down.

And then you say, "Well, you brought up drug policy." No shit. I'm saying you then picked out drug policy out of that long list, and then asked "Why would you suppose drug laws matter more to the minority community?" And I know where you're going with that. Because it's where you always go.

Maybe I'll just wait for Tupa again. Congrats. You bored me in less than two weeks.

Try and stay with me here. I'm not responding to myself, so pointing out what I wrote doesn't do anything. I'm responding to what you wrote. I responded to you wanting to go down the same rabbit hole you always want to go down.

And then you say, "Well, you brought up drug policy." No shit. I'm saying you then picked out drug policy out of that long list, and then asked "Why would you suppose drug laws matter more to the minority community?" And I know where you're going with that. Because it's where you always go.

Maybe I'll just wait for Tupa again. Congrats. You bored me in less than two weeks.

I'd suppose you should be embarrassed rather then bored to admit to being hidebound.

Maybe Tupa can get a better answer from you than more federal money for teachers and cops and legalizing ( or decriminalizing ) dope.

WSS

I'd suppose you should be embarrassed rather then bored to admit to being hidebound.

Maybe Tupa can get a better answer from you than more federal money for teachers and cops and legalizing ( or decriminalizing ) dope.

WSS

My point exactly. You can't differentiate anything, most of all policy. It's all just "federal money" for special interests. And drastically going against the party on drug policy = being hidebound.

Yup. Bored already.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.:rolleyes:

My point exactly. You can't differentiate anything, most of all policy. It's all just "federal money" for special interests. And drastically going against the party on drug policy = being hidebound.

Yup. Bored already.

Nah the Democratic Party just doesn't take the risk because they don't care.

They know the Republicans aren't going to go balls out for drug legalization so why waste bullets?

But maybe I can't differentiate between just throwing money at a problem and solving it.

Still since just about every urban area is and has been under Democrat control as long as we can remember, let me say nice work.

wss

My brother, the Democratic Party, unlike the Republican Party, is full of people from those very areas we're talking about. There are Democratic Congressmen and women from those inner city areas. There are state representatives from those areas. You're saying they don't care about the areas they come from and represent?

My problem with the Democrats is that they don't try to move the debate at all. They fear the polls. They don't move them.

I can't tell if you like the drug policies we have now or don't. You seem to dismiss any idea of legalization whatsoever. Even legalizing marijuana drew your scorn.

My brother, the Democratic Party, unlike the Republican Party, is full of people from those very areas we're talking about. There are Democratic Congressmen and women from those inner city areas. There are state representatives from those areas. You're saying they don't care about the areas they come from and represent?

My problem with the Democrats is that they don't try to move the debate at all. They fear the polls. They don't move them.

I can't tell if you like the drug policies we have now or don't. You seem to dismiss any idea of legalization whatsoever. Even legalizing marijuana drew your scorn.

I think drug policy is a piece of shit.

But honestly I don't think it's a racial issue.

But it reaps huge profits for probably a dozen different various organizations.

Cops, judges, lawyers, rehab centers, politicians, jailers, dealers, growers, distributors and cartels.

And all the weasels between each and every 1 of those groups getting a piece of the action.

And be it Bible thumping Republican or hand wringing Democrat it's all rolls right along with a wink and a nod.

WSS

I was wondering what the fuck does pot have to do with the convention talk, then it came back to me that the majority of this countries potheads are drowning in their bong water as they watch Obama's dreams of a second term slip away. Isn't that right heckofahandjob did someone piss on your weed or something?

Is anybody else troubled that the Democratic Party thought it would be a good idea to let Joe Biden follow Bill Clinton as a speaker? I mean, who the fuck stamped that? It's piss poor strateegery.

Clinton goes out and just kills it last night, and tonight you get Joe Biden? wah whaaaahhhh..

That's the kind of thinking/ decision making that produces: "Just pass this healthcare reform bill so we can find out what's inside it." Oh, wait.

Archived