THE BROWNS BOARD

Convention

Westside Steve

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think drug policy is a piece of shit.

But honestly I don't think it's a racial issue.

But it reaps huge profits for probably a dozen different various organizations.

Cops, judges, lawyers, rehab centers, politicians, jailers, dealers, growers, distributors and cartels.

And all the weasels between each and every 1 of those groups getting a piece of the action.

And be it Bible thumping Republican or hand wringing Democrat it's all rolls right along with a wink and a nod.

WSS

Oh, come on. How can you be so blind? It's certainly an issue in those minority communities in a way it's not going to be for white voters. White kids in the suburbs and in the colleges get to purchase and do their drugs without much fear of any sort of police action. Drug arrests and drug policing, things like stop and frisk policies, etc., are overwhelmingly focused on the inner cities. Look at any of the stats on who gets arrested in the drug war and it's overwhelmingly people in the inner cities. Whether you think it's because there's a secret war on blacks and Hispanics or not - just set that aside. It's mostly irrelevant. Not entirely, but mostly. The fact of the matter, the reality - is that drug policing and drug policy is disproportionately directed at people of color. No matter what you think about the racial motivations, it's a racial issue.

With you on the second part.

Oh, come on. How can you be so blind? It's certainly an issue in those minority communities in a way it's not going to be for white voters. White kids in the suburbs and in the colleges get to purchase and do their drugs without much fear of any sort of police action. Drug arrests and drug policing, things like stop and frisk policies, etc., are overwhelmingly focused on the inner cities. Look at any of the stats on who gets arrested in the drug war and it's overwhelmingly people in the inner cities. Whether you think it's because there's a secret war on blacks and Hispanics or not - just set that aside. It's mostly irrelevant. Not entirely, but mostly. The fact of the matter, the reality - is that drug policing and drug policy is disproportionately directed at people of color. No matter what you think about the racial motivations, it's a racial issue.

With you on the second part.

When you say "people of color" it makes me want to vomit. It's the exact same as colored people

Heckofahandjob is just pissed because the blacks and latinos have reverted back to their old slave days when they use to have slave patrols, were armed bands of three to six white men on horseback who rode through the night looking for runaway slaves and other blacks up to no good.

Hell these welfare slaves are always trying to cheat the system and the cops have to stop them from pushing their dope on the white kids. Fuck em! They deserve to reap what they have sow.

Heckofahandjob is just pissed because the blacks and latinos have reverted back to their old slave days when they use to have slave patrols, were armed bands of three to six white men on horseback who rode through the night looking for runaway slaves and other blacks up to no good.

Hell these welfare slaves are always trying to cheat the system and the cops have to stop them from pushing their dope on the white kids. Fuck em! They deserve to reap what they have sow.

I just don't want you to be able to delete this...

Why would I delete it? You know that this is true, hell just look at all of those colored people who fill up the prisons. These are the people that you libs cry about police bruatality and profiling bullshit. do we profile enemies of the state? Hell yes we do and we do it to protect the innocent. But hell no all you fuggin libs are always spoutin off how you have been mistreated or someone looked at you wrong. Stop your fuggin crying and deal with it man. If you don't want to be treated like a thug then don't act or dress like one, pull your fuckin pants up.

Why would I delete it? You know that this is true, hell just look at all of those colored people who fill up the prisons. These are the people that you libs cry about police bruatality and profiling bullshit. do we profile enemies of the state? Hell yes we do and we do it to protect the innocent. But hell no all you fuggin libs are always spoutin off how you have been mistreated or someone looked at you wrong. Stop your fuggin crying and deal with it man. If you don't want to be treated like a thug then don't act or dress like one, pull your fuckin pants up.

You want to take me up on my offer of gentlemanly fisticuffs yet, tough guy? Pull your fuckin' pants up, big man.

Um, okay.

Like I always say, I'm just so glad that the Republicans were correct and that there's no racism in the Republican Party or the Tea Party, and that the real problem in America is reverse racism against whites.

That is also a problem, heck, but its just racism in general. That we haven't moved past this yet is pretty sad. We're such a clever species yet we'll destroy ourselves over skin tone.

They're all going to make for a nice coffee table book some day.

"The Browns Board On ....Black People!"

"The Browns Board On ....Mexicans!"

"The Browns Board On ....Liberals!"

Yes, I'm glad we have these guys around proving that Cleveland sports fans aren't ignorant assholes after all! Look at saint/bunker/Mr. T/Ru4scuba! That guy(s) is awesome.

Kevin Drum really nails it here.

Dylan Matthews writes about the big difference between Tampa and Charlotte:

"We’re two nights into the Democratic National Convention, and the themes could not be more distinct from those championed at the RNC last week. Whereas the RNC heavily emphasized the role of personal initiative in economic success, the DNC’s speakers have focused on the many barriers that keep success away from even determined, hard-working Americans."

I was thinking about this exact thing last night, and what I was thinking is that it's a shame. It's a shame that Republicans think they have to extol personal initiative to the exclusion of all else, and it's a shame that Democrats feel the same way about the value of collective action and real opportunity for all.

I understand why this happens. Republicans feel that personal initiative is under such withering attack from liberals that they need to fight back with no quarter given and no ground conceded. Democrats feel the same way.

There are lots of topics that display the same dynamic. Hell, maybe most of them. But it seems more corrosive than usual in this case, because it does real damage when we disparage either of these things. Personal initiative and personal responsibility really are vitally important, and we should take every opportunity to encourage and praise them. I've known plenty of people who have started and run businesses of their own, and they work their asses off and take plenty of personal risks along the way. It's not an easy road.

Likewise, lots of people, through no real fault of their own, really don't have much of a chance in life. Those of us who do should always be keenly aware of just how lucky we are and just how much we've benefited not just from friends and family, but from things like clean water, decent healthcare, roads and bridges, public schools and universities, food that's free of contamination, government-sponsored basic research, public order, and, eventually, retirement security.

Reverence for personal initiative without a sense of what you've gotten from others produces too much petty arrogance and unfeeling entitlement. Concern for equal opportunity and community support without a healthy respect for personal initiative produces too much lassitude and bitterness.

Heck you leftist pole blowing homo activist dont they ever let you out the of the office there at the Times? Your like a tick on a stray dog sucking the life out of Democracy for the cause of collectivist theft of a nations labor.

No one buys your middle of the road political bullshit you pontificate here, go back to 15 minute recipe writing for the Times before they shit can you for trolling on their dime.

Look it's little Jackoff Johnson and he thinks he knows MMA. I'm lmao at you ya twink.

Why dont you just let him make good on his offer to throw a punch at you and let the red mist out of that sorry sack of shit? I know force choking the little scrawny weasel would be more gratifying but he's wasting perfectly good air sick people need to get well.

Why dont you just let him make good on his offer to throw a punch at you and let the red mist out of that sorry sack of shit? I know force choking the little scrawny weasel would be more gratifying but he's wasting perfectly good air sick people need to get well.

Only if I get to keep the skittles.

Um, anyway.

I thought Obama's speech was pretty average. It picked up at the end, but the beginning sounded like lots of stuff we'd heard before. I'm not sure it wins too many over. I think his bounce is going to be small, somewhat like Romney's maybe a little bigger, but not much.

Overall, though, I think it's pretty clear the Democrats had the better convention. I don't think there's any doubt about that. I'm just not sure how much of a difference these things make anymore.

Um, anyway.

I thought Obama's speech was pretty average. It picked up at the end, but the beginning sounded like lots of stuff we'd heard before. I'm not sure it wins too many over. I think his bounce is going to be small, somewhat like Romney's maybe a little bigger, but not much.

Overall, though, I think it's pretty clear the Democrats had the better convention. I don't think there's any doubt about that. I'm just not sure how much of a difference these things make anymore.

Well, yeah, that's 1 big reason I can't get worked up by conventions, state of the Union or any of that kind of pre packaged crap.

And even beyond that the largest percentage of voters didn't even watch it , but will be told how wonderful, or terrible it was by whatever news organization they choose to watch.

WSS

Also like I said if you can find one post where I've even mentioned Jews you'll earn 500 dollars. Unfortunately you're such a mentally crippled idiot that you'll never be able to do that. That's too bad for you. 500 dollars would buy a lot if cans of beans for you to eat alone in your chair jacking off to msnbc because nobody loves you.

Let me just bump this post...

Um, anyway.

If Obama wins there will be nothing new happen. Same old. In two years he will be a lame duck. So really nothing to be excited about.

Also like I said if you can find one post where I've even mentioned Jews you'll earn 500 dollars. Unfortunately you're such a mentally crippled idiot that you'll never be able to do that. That's too bad for you. 500 dollars would buy a lot if cans of beans for you to eat alone in your chair jacking off to msnbc because nobody loves you. Cysko

HA ! You just mentioned Jews in THIS post !

I'll take cash, or certified money order.

Or, 300 bucks of navy beans, and 200 bucks of Frostie Root Beer....

Also like I said if you can find one post where I've even mentioned Jews you'll earn 500 dollars. Unfortunately you're such a mentally crippled idiot that you'll never be able to do that. That's too bad for you. 500 dollars would buy a lot if cans of beans for you to eat alone in your chair jacking off to msnbc because nobody loves you. Cysko

HA ! You just mentioned Jews in THIS post !

I'll take cash, or certified money order.

Or, 300 bucks of navy beans, and 200 bucks of Frostie Root Beer....

Your navy beans are in the mail

I just don't agree with any of your generalizations. Almost never. You're always painting with way, way too broad a brush. It's been years and I can't yank any of these ideas out of your head and I'm in no mood to try. Your ideas of what Democrats and liberals and minorities think and believe are just pure crankery.

But yours, my friend, is often pure Pollyanna.

Also I must remind you again that the openons of mine that you so violently disagreed with are straw men. It's not worth our time to listen to you repeat every and all with your comments.

The first step to the Republican Party becoming a more inclusive party would be to reign in the nuttier voices and to begin to establish some trust that the party has their interests in mind. Trust me when I'm telling you this, because I'm very sure I talk to more minority voters than you do: they hear everything you say about them. They know how you and people like you feel. They don't want to be any part of what they think is a systematic effort to deny them a place at the table.

And that, sir, is bullshit. It appears to me that Republicans fall all over themselves to clear a place at the table for any black person with a slightly conservative bent. Seriously, don't the politics of victimization ever wear on you?

Unfortunately it's your party that berates and insults them for having sold out thier race.

You've heard the vulgarity used against condoleeza rice and general Powell when they stepped off the plantation. And the attacks on Bill Cosby when he suggested a little responsibility.

those attacks aren't coming from the Klan , they were coming from their fellow African Americans.

Until Republicans erase that common belief - that they aren't wanted in the Republican Party, and that the Republican Party doesn't represent or care about their interests - and back it with some sort of action on the issues they care about most, it's never going to change.

Actually it's not going to change until you guys give up the us versus them attitude.

As to your 1 suggestion to legalize drugs?

I'd be insulted if someone suggested that I didn't know any better because of race.

But for Democrats inclusion doesn't add up to votes.

Balkinjzation does.

And white people don't vote as a block.

WSS

Sometimes I wonder what reality you're living in, or how you come to such conclusions.

Go back and look at the convention delegates in the audience and see which party looks more inclusive, and which one looks a little more balkanized. See which one looks like America, and which one has to pretend they do.

You don't like identity politics and you don't like affirmative action. But apparently it doesn't bother you when just about every minority member of the Republican Party (save for Allen West, who is crazy and not allowed near the microphone on a national stage) got a speaking gig at the convention. That's called window dressing. Additionally, you think the answer is to never acknowledge that racial issues exist and to just pretend we're all in this together, while shitting on minorities and your perceptions of their laziness and inability to get with the program. What they really need is a lesson on hard work from someone like you.

Well, like I said, good luck with that.

As for the "know any better because of my race", as so often is the case, I don't even know what you're talking about, or what that's referring to.

And back to the conventions: Obama's convention bounce is a few points more than I thought it'd be. I'm pretty surprised there were enough people who hadn't already made up their minds and were also watching the conventions.

Still too early to have it mean much, and I suspect the bounce will fade somewhat, but Romney's only got his money advantage and the debates left. And I'd say it's too early to panic, but judging from his comments about liking parts of Obamacare and the stuff about keeping God on our coins (??) leads me to believe they've already hit the panic button.

Archived