THE BROWNS BOARD

Libya Embassy

Westside Steve

Tupa, want to get in on this? Want to remind me how the Republican Party really isn't made up of these types of people, but is really full of people like you who care about things like education reform? at this point I'd certainly welcome the fantasy.

I dont personally know anyone who reminds me of anyone in here. If you do, move. Far. I recommend NY.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something to keep in mind, Cysko. This was just a few weeks ago.

And then a few weeks later they killed our ambassador and took pictures of his corpse being drug around. Their friendship means nothing. They are an insincere people. When the Canadians who helped us during d-day and didn't blow up any airplanes kill our ambassador ill believe that pile of garbage. Canadians might not love us right now and why would they? It's unpopular, but I feel confident they would still call us ally and friend.

See? Now you're a liberal, too!

Well, here's the thing: I know lots of people like the guys in here. I get this stuff everywhere I turn. Because this is the base of the Republican Party, the millions of folks who get their news from Fox and Breitbart and Drudge and Steyn and Beck and Rush. They shouldn't be too hard for you to find. And you should probably stop acting like it's really just guys like you and Reihan Salam.

Dripping with awesome sauce.

(WASHINGTON) – Congressman Allen West (R-FL) released the following statement this morning upon learning of the attack on the United States Ambassador to Libya and three other Americans:

"Less than 24 hours after our nation remembered the heinous attacks of September 11, 2001, Americans find their sovereign soil attacked again as more American lives are lost at the hands of intolerant, barbaric, radical Muslims.

United States Ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens, and several embassy staff were murdered late yesterday when suspected religious extremists stormed the United States Consulate in Benghazi. This morning, my condolences and prayers go out to the families of the victims.

Americans need to question whether the deaths of these innocent patriots could have been avoided. The Obama Administration touted the Arab Spring as an awakening of freedom, which we now see is a nightmare of Islamism.

Even more concerning, is the initial response to these attacks last night from the embassy officials of the Obama Administration was to apologize for a Facebook video that supposedly hurt Muslim feelings. President Obama's policy of appeasement towards the Islamic world has manifested itself into a specter of unconscionable hatred.

How anyone can believe this President is strong on national security and foreign policy is beyond my comprehension. President Obama has clearly surpassed former President Jimmy Carter and his actions during the Iranian Embassy crisis as the weakest and most ineffective person to ever occupy the White House."

-Allen West

thank you to Allen West a great American!

For a minority of Muslims, yes. They're willing to die for the cause and aren't rational. There are about a billion of the other kind, though. We'd do well to differentiate between the two.

What the ambassador who was killed was trying to do there is to help set up a Libya that - while still way, way behind and damaged by decades of autocratic rule - starts down the road to something more modern and western. I'd just point you to John McCain's comments from yesterday since, you know, you don't respect my opinions on this because they're not sufficiently apocalyptic:

"Chris Stevens is one of the finest people I've ever known in my life," McCain said. "He loved the Libyan people. They loved him. He and I were down there on election night and people were saying, 'Thank You America.' "I guarantee you the one thing Chris Stevens did not want is for us to abandon Libya."

"He was living in a hotel room in Benghazi under threat of death every day," McCain said. "He was a brave and wonderful man and he was down to earth. They loved him."

McCain, who is ranking member of the Senate armed services committee, said that Libya is a dangerous place, but emphasized that the "overwhelming majority" of Libyans voted for a moderate government and did not rise up with al Qaeda and terrorists. That is, the attacks on the consulate are an ill representation of the Libyan people.

"It was a terrorist attack. It wasn't the result of a mob being excited. It was a group of jihadists who were well-armed and well-trained and well-equipped, and they decided to attack the consulate in Benghazi and try and kill people. That's far different from what happened in Cairo, where a mob was whipped into a frenzy by these people who were talking about this so-called movie that insults Mohammed."

As for the Obama administration's handling of the crisis, McCain was almost entirely positive. "I think it was fine. By the way, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton gave a marvelous statement today."

The statement was against President Obasma.

You can pull your head out of the sand any time now.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/world/us-embassy-in-yemen-stormed-other-embassies-still-under-siege/2012/09/13/ad65ce7e-fd9b-11e1-a31e-804fccb658f9_story.html

Yeah no, this is awesome. Let's not make a statement. Death to America! Hey the washington post...isn't that a notorious right wing nut-job rag?

US Embassy in Cairo statement: "The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others."

Mitt Romney today: "I. you know, I think it’s dispiriting sometimes to see some of the awful things people say. And the idea of using something that some people consider sacred and then parading that out a negative way is simply inappropriate and wrong. And I wish people wouldn’t do it. Of course, we have a First Amendment. And under the First Amendment, people are allowed to do what they feel they want to do. They have the right to do that, but it’s not right to do things that are of the nature of what was done by, apparently this film. ...I think the whole film is a terrible idea. I think him making it, promoting it showing it is disrespectful to people of other faiths. I don’t think that should happen. I think people should have the common courtesy and judgment– the good judgment– not to be– not to offend other peoples’ faiths. It’s a very bad thing, I think, this guy’s doing."

Yes, you can see why he was so mad at that statement!

That's such bullcrap. I can't believe anyone, Hillary, Obama, Romney are all condemning the video. Freedom of speech, motherfuckers. If it offends you, feel free to look the other way. Or murder people in American embassies.

While the common idiot gets riled up by these videos, you know people with an agenda are the ones organizing the violence. Remember when South Park released this?

220px-South_park_muhammad.jpg

And what happened, then? Oh that's right, no one cared. We need to stop apologizing for our citizens exercising their first amendment.

That's such bullcrap. I can't believe anyone, Hillary, Obama, Romney are all condemning the video. Freedom of speech, motherfuckers. If it offends you, feel free to look the other way. Or murder people in American embassies.

But you might notice comedy central refuses to re-air that episode.

While the common idiot gets riled up by these videos, you know people with an agenda are the ones organizing the violence. Remember when South Park released this?

220px-South_park_muhammad.jpg

And what happened, then? Oh that's right, no one cared. We need to stop apologizing for our citizens exercising their first amendment.

No one is saying he doesn't have freedom of speech, or the right to make his movie. Romney says it right there. They're saying the movie is stupid, disgraceful, and offensive, and it is. (If you can take this stuff seriously enough to be offended.) It seems purposefully designed to enrage Muslims, and nothing else. It just shows Mohammed and then posits that he was (fill in the blank with something bad.) He's a wimp getting ordered around by women, then he's a child molester, then he's gay, etc. It's not any type of commentary and it has no point. It's perfectly fine for Romney, Obama, Clinton, etc., to all say that this is really stupid stuff. Sure, it's his free speech. It's also his cheap speech.

Condemning the video, after all, is also an example of people exercising their right to free speech.

Archived