THE BROWNS BOARD

Linebacker! We Don't Need A De

Comeonman

The Browns have been missing Dmitri Patterson. Do you think if he is healthy that he is the answer to their CB issue?

He wasn't all that good when Haden was out.

No, I still think we are in need of a killer #2 cover corner...or a FS.

It seems that a "shutdown corner" one year is lousy a year or two later. There are very few Woodsons in the game. If asked you to name the corners and safeties on the 49ers could you? Not saying you're not an informed fan but most couldn't and they are the second rated pass defense.

Lets say we have an option to take Te'o.

He's a Middle LB. We have Jackson. Do we take him anyways?

Interesting question. I think if the management feels that he is head and shoulders the best football player available then we should grab him. Also, a couple of months ago, I read that the Ravens were very interested in trying to draft him to replace Ray Lewis at some point. Hampering a division foe while drafting a position that is not in need is a quandary. I think it boils down to just how good you think he will be at the next level.

The Browns have been missing Dmitri Patterson. Do you think if he is healthy that he is the answer to their CB issue?

He wasn't all that good when Haden was out.

No, I still think we are in need of a killer #2 cover corner...or a FS.

Patterson is not a solution at CB. In my opinion, cornerback is the biggest position of need for this team. The Dallas game as well as the four games from Haden's suspension are potent reminders of how little depth we have in the secondary. Free safety should not be ignored either. I believe that the team can hold out for another draft to go LB and DE. I even think that OG and TE are more of a need at this point. All that being said, you can never ignore talent.

Linebackers are the heart of a defense. A strong line backing corps can overcome weaknesses everywhere else more than a good defensive line or good secondary could.

I'm not saying that the other positions aren't important, but adding a quality linebacker or two would drastically push this defense over the top moreso than adding a good corner, in my eyes.

It's hard to say at this point since our draft position can swing quite a bit.

I think it's safe to say we will have a eye on the defensive side of the ball and I also think we will be in a prime position to trade down a few slots to secure a 2nd round pick. With that in mind I think we will probably be drafting down around 20 rather than say at 10.

After last Sunday's win, WalterFootball has Cleveland drafting 7th and getting Te'o due to the needs of the 6 teams ahead of us.

I hope Winn is shifted to DE so that we can be top5 against the run next year. The reason our pass D was ranked so high last year was because nobody had to pass to win.

Te'o would be a great addition - he can shut down TE's as well as play the run.

Jones/Hankins/Moore/Lotulelei will be taken before Cleveland picks. Yes, the 2 LSU DE's will still be available -- but I'd rather have Te'o.

If not Te'o, they'll choose between DE Werner from FSU or CB Milliner from Alabama.

Archived