THE BROWNS BOARD

Espn.com Mock 1.0

utzie

On the NFL Draft homepage on ESPN, they released their first mock.

Http://www.ESPN.go.com/NFL/draft

They have the Browns taking OG Chance Warmack at the number 10 pick, with Manti Te'o and Jarvis Jones still on the board. Thoughts?

Their mock is as follows:

1) Chiefs- DT Star Lotulelei, UTAH

2) Jaguars- DE Demontre Moore, TEXAS A&M

3) Raiders- DE Bjoern Werner, FSU

4) Eagles- OT Luke Joekel, TEXAS A&M

5) Panthers- DT Jonathon Hankins, OHIO STATE

6) Titans- DE Barkivious Mingo, LSU

7) Lions- CB Dee Milliner, BAMA

8) Cardinals- QB Geno Smith, WVU

9) Chargers- OT Tayler Lewen, MICHIGAN

10) Browns- OG Chance Warmack, BAMA

11) Bills- LB Manti Te'o, ND

12) Dolphins- DE Dion Jordon, OREGON

13) Saints- LB Jarvis Jones, GEORGIA

14) Buccaneers- DE Sam Montgomery, LSU

15) Jets- OT Jake Mathews, TEXAS A&M

16) Rams- OT Erik Fisher, CMU

17) Bengals- LB Alex Ogletree, GEORGIA

18) Vikings- DT Sylvester Williams, UNC

19) Cowboys- S Kenny Vaccaro, TEXAS

20) Rams- WR Keenan Allen, CAL

They only showed the top 20, but mentioned Tavon Austin to the Patriots in the discussion. If someone has insider, they can post the last 10 picks.

They have the Browns taking OG Chance Warmack at the number 10 pick, with Manti Te'o and Jarvis Jones still on the board. Thoughts?

I would post all the picks, but I'm using my phone. If someone wants to watch the video and list them, that would be great.

I think they are out of their everloving freeking minds if they think the Browns would pass up Jone and Teo for the OG. Not that he wouldn't be a good player, but at #10. Hell no. They are also out of their minds if they think Jones and Teo would last past 10.

I would post all the picks, but I'm using my phone. If someone wants to watch the video and list them, that would be great.

Interesting, it has us taking Warmack at #10 with Te'o AND Jarvis Jones still on the board. Id be thrilled with either of these 3. I really believe that if Weeden can keep improving, and we get some chemistry and growth from our very young offense, then we are an OG away from being a VERY solid offense (obviously much of that depends on the QB position, so tough to say how good...)

If Jones is still available we take him.

I'm not sure if T'eo will be very good in the NFL..I know sometimes it pisses people off to throw college production out the window but he doesn't have tools that jump out of the screen at you. I may be wrong, because Vernon Gholston had every tool you can think of but he sucked.

Yeah, I have read where Warmack is supposed to grade out higher than David DeCastro. I think I would pass up on Teo for Warmack, but not Jones. And if Jones is gone and Millner and Warmack are both there, I am not sure which route I would go.

Not bad though. We would essentially solidify the OL, and Trent would be running behind his buddy again.

I can't say that I would like Warmack over Jones or teo. I think one of the two would help make a great LB corps. If this guy is the best guard coming out though, I guess you have to think about. I'm not in the boat with Ghoolie on O Lineman are dime a dozen. A great offensive line is the best thing for a football team to have

We wouldn't pass Jones if he was there.

I think Warmack is a better player than Teo and wouldn't mind selecting a player who is more or less a Joe Thomas on the inside of the line....meaning pro-bowls measured by 10 or more and a HOF type player.

Teo is the best inside backer this year, but compared to guys like Urlacher or Ray Lewis, he doesn't hold a candle. Don't buy that hype. He is a good player, not elite.

Guards aren't sexy, just like Gene Hickerson wasn't sexy until you look at what he did.

I do believe we go D with our first pick, or should, but I sure as heck hope it isn't Teo.

Interesting, it has us taking Warmack at #10 with Te'o AND Jarvis Jones still on the board. Id be thrilled with either of these 3. I really believe that if Weeden can keep improving, and we get some chemistry and growth from our very young offense, then we are an OG away from being a VERY solid offense (obviously much of that depends on the QB position, so tough to say how good...)

Yeah an OG would be huge for the offense.

We should anticipate the continued development of ALL of our receivers as their growth has seemed contagious among the crew since Greg Little started catching passes.

If Jarvis Jones is on the board when we pick and we pass on him, I'll rage. That being said taking Warmack or Milliner would also be great picks. Can you imagine our line with Thomas, Pinkston (hoping he comes back, he was good), Mack, Warmack, and Schwartz. HOLY SHIT.

I COULD BE THE GOD DAMN QUATERBACK OF THE TEAM. Weeden can take a nap and make a sandwich in the pocket.

I'd really prefer to go defense with the first pick, but if Jones is gone, then all bets are off and Warmack would be a very nice addition.

This is CRAP. They don't even know yet if we won't be in the SuperBowl THIS year!

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have a TOP 10 pick again. I'd LOVE to shock the world and clinch a playoff berth after beating Pittsburgh for the SECOND TIME this year. The odds of this are something like hitting the PowerBall.

This is where we EARN our RESPECT! NEVER SURRENDER! NEVER SAY DIE!

This is CRAP. They don't even know yet if we won't be in the SuperBowl THIS year!

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have a TOP 10 pick again. I'd LOVE to shock the world and clinch a playoff berth after beating Pittsburgh for the SECOND TIME this year. The odds of this are something like hitting the PowerBall.

This is where we EARN our RESPECT! NEVER SURRENDER! NEVER SAY DIE!

im there with you man this team can break out these last 3 games and shock the world

I see lots of people saying that we should draft Teo (not on this board). Why would we draft him when we have Jackson holding down the MLB spot? I don't see Teo being very successful at OLB. If Millner is avaliable I think we should go after him.

I see lots of people saying that we should draft Teo (not on this board). Why would we draft him when we have Jackson holding down the MLB spot? I don't see Teo being very successful at OLB. If Millner is avaliable I think we should go after him.

I've read scouts saying that Jackson would fit naturally on the outside.

I don't think so

this is the worst mock ever...te'o will be gone before 10 Matt Barkley will be gone before 10!! come on who made this up...utter nonsense...I can even see someone like justing hunter or Patterson in there before 20. I will guarantee at least 3 QBs will be picked in the first round some 4th grader came up with crap.

Manti Te'o is a future Browns lb if he's even there when they draft.

He is everything you could ask for in a lb, on and off the field.

But drafting an OG, as much as I love the offensive line being upgraded.... in the high first round for the Browns?

Dumb.

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-nfl-mock-draft-round1.asp

The Browns run defense on the edge is still an issue which is why a good OLB is needed. That and a pass rush.

Kaluka Maiava is at best a backup. If we could get someone who is good at both of those...edge rushing defense and pass rush, that is the ticket.

Is Jones that guy? Could Teo be that guy...or is he strictly MLB? Mingo?

I am all for the Browns picking whoever they thing will bring the most value to the team in the long term. If it is an OG, so be it. I am not sure how everyone became so LB crazy. I still firmly believe that our biggest need is CB. Joe Haden is playing great and Sheldon Brown is balling, but Sheldon only has a couple of more years left and after him we are woefully thin. I also think DE is a bigger need than LB. Rucker and Parker are good stopgaps, but not long term solutions. To be honest, I would rather trade back a little and grab a boss TE then go LB at this point. Gocong is coming back and is better than he gets credit for (especially in run stopping) and JMJ looks to be a legit talent. Anyways, as far as the draft goes, for the time being the only thing that is more interesting to me than what we do with our first pick is who is going to be making the call in the war room. Heckert came out and tried to stake his claim with this team today. Hopefully the Brownies can get at least two more wins and back him up on the field.

Archived