THE BROWNS BOARD

To The Victims

why cant we win

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's terrible for the kids who's lives were cut short, and for the kids who's lives will never be the same. As a teacher it disturbs me how easy it is for any old asshole to stroll into a school and start shooting the place up. Since I can actually understand the situation I can now say without a doubt that I am going to be pissed over the next few days because of all the news about better school security and gun control. Anyone with half a brain knows that it is impossible to effectively protect a school from potential threats such as shooters and that regardless of what the gun laws are any sick fuck who wants to use a gun to kill someone can go and get that gun.

Someday all kids will be home schooled, sitting by them selves at home in front of a computer since the cost of security at schools will be insane!

This is a very sad world we live in! :(

Such a sad day for all involved. If there were an actual solution to all of this non sense, it would have happened by now. Gun laws or not, there will always be someone looking to hurt someone else. All you can do is pray, and try the best you can to raise your children right, and hope they can pass that on and so forth.

It's terrible for the kids who's lives were cut short, and for the kids who's lives will never be the same. As a teacher it disturbs me how easy it is for any old asshole to stroll into a school and start shooting the place up. Since I can actually understand the situation I can now say without a doubt that I am going to be pissed over the next few days because of all the news about better school security and gun control. Anyone with half a brain knows that it is impossible to effectively protect a school from potential threats such as shooters and that regardless of what the gun laws are any sick fuck who wants to use a gun to kill someone can go and get that gun.

I understand the many issues concerning gun control and school security but as a parent of an eight year old.........we need to try. We need to figure a way. There are no perfect answers but there may be someway we can keep 5 years from being shot to death. There has to be a way.

2012 - why ?

Man, the most fucked up thing is that the parents probably have Christmas presents wrapped up in their closet. Could you imagine trying to deal with that?

No I can't even imagine....I can come close though. My mom passed away on December 12th 1999 and when I was cleaning up her house a couple months later I found Christmas presents that she had already bought for me, my wife and our 1 year old son at the time. It was amazingly hard to find 2 months later, so I can't even imagine how hard it would be to have presents for your kids that they will never open.

Terribly sad tragedy.

Almost got physically ill when I heard the news while at work.

So many lifes destroyed including those who will have to deal with the infinite ,emotional wreckage of the trauma.

Somehow, I feel like we let those babies down. We must protect our youth at any cost.

Law enforcement needs to be expanded to protect our kids at school. If only a cop been on duty to blow this shit birds head

off before the carnage began. Think I need to go to mass tomorrow to try and correct the hurt that courses through my mind.

Go ahead, remove Christ

Please tell me what the fuck a lack of Christ has to do with this situation. You saying this is just as bad as the ignorant assholes who want to blame it on violence on television and in video games. I'm an atheist, and you're insinuating that people like me are in part responsible for this behavior. So you can fuck off on that point.

Anyways. I agree with you in that there's no legislation that can be passed to prevent premeditated situations like this. It's simply not feasible. It falls down to having the people closest to the shooters being able to recognize it and intervene. There are 200 million guns in America, outlawing them would only make it harder for people to get guns legally. The best thing that can be done is to raise mental health awareness. Mental illness and subsequent lack of treatment is a factor in the majority of mass killings.

How fucked up can a persons mind get that you could kill twenty children. How could you deal with your kindergartener getting shot and killed, I can't imagine. Lets all wait for Ghoolie's input, seeing how none of know these people

Well, I respect Ghoolie's answer- and he's right- The concept "actions have consequences" are being removed from society.

This has sunk to a new low. Offing your mom & relatives- but taking 20 young kids out on the side? If the guy wasn't dead, I couldn't dream up a torture that would have fitted the crime.

Burying your kid right before Christmas that some nutjob took out- wow.

Please tell me what the fuck a lack of Christ has to do with this situation. You saying this is just as bad as the ignorant assholes who want to blame it on violence on television and in video games. I'm an atheist, and you're insinuating that people like me are in part responsible for this behavior. So you can fuck off on that point.

Anyways. I agree with you in that there's no legislation that can be passed to prevent premeditated situations like this. It's simply not feasible. It falls down to having the people closest to the shooters being able to recognize it and intervene. There are 200 million guns in America, outlawing them would only make it harder for people to get guns legally. The best thing that can be done is to raise mental health awareness. Mental illness and subsequent lack of treatment is a factor in the majority of mass killings.

Nah Vapor- you don't get it. Mom didn't intervene? She's DEAD FYI. Nope, problem is- you currently smack a kid for getting out of line- it's child abuse. So our latest "mass murderer" was mentally ill? That's using a definition to solve a problem. The problem is without any fear of physical punishment to set boundaries. THERE ARE NO FUCKING BOUNDARIES. So care to try some pissed off son(s) who never had boundaries set for a change instead of pulling out the mentally ill card? Columbine, Virginia Tech, now this. Gee, I just couldn't overcome this feeling of (temporary) rage I had. Really?

So as an atheist, if you're right and I'm wrong- what have I lost? However, If I'm right and you're wrong- what have you lost? BTW, please take "In God we Trust" off of the paper and coinage, because sure as hell the majority of the folks in this country (including you-obviously) don't believe that anymore. Starting with the gays in San Fran that want to parade around nude. It's a REAL short jump from that POV to go get your Glocks and blow away anyone you don't like.

The Roman Empire didn't get beaten from outside- it rotted inside out. Like Santayana said- "those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it." Fortunately, I'll probably be dead before the big world-wide implosion happens- and it's coming- as sure as the sun comes up.

This kid had evil inside him. Period. There is nothing that humans can do to prevent things like this. I try to tell the same thing to people who want to promote world peace, there are evil people out there. True peace and evil CANNOT coexist. Period. As long as there is sin and evil people in the world, these these things will continue to happen

Well, I respect Ghoolie's answer- and he's right- The concept "actions have consequences" are being removed from society.

This has sunk to a new low. Offing your mom & relatives- but taking 20 young kids out on the side? If the guy wasn't dead, I couldn't dream up a torture that would have fitted the crime.

Burying your kid right before Christmas that some nutjob took out- wow.

Amen brother.

Nah Vapor- you don't get it. Mom didn't intervene? She's DEAD FYI. Nope, problem is- you currently smack a kid for getting out of line- it's child abuse. So our latest "mass murderer" was mentally ill? That's using a definition to solve a problem. The problem is without any fear of physical punishment to set boundaries. THERE ARE NO FUCKING BOUNDARIES. So care to try some pissed off son(s) who never had boundaries set for a change instead of pulling out the mentally ill card? Columbine, Virginia Tech, now this. Gee, I just couldn't overcome this feeling of (temporary) rage I had. Really?

So as an atheist, if you're right and I'm wrong- what have I lost? However, If I'm right and you're wrong- what have you lost? BTW, please take "In God we Trust" off of the paper and coinage, because sure as hell the majority of the folks in this country (including you-obviously) don't believe that anymore. Starting with the gays in San Fran that want to parade around nude. It's a REAL short jump from that POV to go get your Glocks and blow away anyone you don't like.

The Roman Empire didn't get beaten from outside- it rotted inside out. Like Santayana said- "those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it." Fortunately, I'll probably be dead before the big world-wide implosion happens- and it's coming- as sure as the sun comes up.

I'll reply to it on the politics board.

Fuck that. This post is just fucking laughable.

1 - Yes. The people who commit these acts are mentally ill. It's not an excuse for them to do it, it's only a part of the motivation. Your attitude (along with most of the general public) towards mental health is the reason that people don't seek help for this shit. Mental illness is stigmatized, 10% of the country suffers from depression, and an estimated 25% of the country (that's ~70 million people) has some sort of mental illness. The stigma needs to go because these things are treatable.

2 - I just want you to acknowledge that you're saying homosexuality is a slippery slope to mass killings. Really?

I have many professional friends that were first reponders to the Chardon High School shootings and the one thing that is burned into their memories is the look of unimaginable horror on the faces of the children and parents. God bless these twenty angels

I understand the many issues concerning gun control and school security but as a parent of an eight year old.........we need to try. We need to figure a way. There are no perfect answers but there may be someway we can keep 5 years from being shot to death. There has to be a way.

And how? The real issue isn't how can we make the school safer, it's how can we identify people who have such fucked up mental problems that they want to go into a school and shoot the place up. Stop bullying, stop REAL child abuse, pinpoint mental illness early. Fact of the matter is that most school districts in the country do not have the money floating around to install such security measures and even if they did if anyone took the time to sit down and make a plan before going into the place with a gun they could get around it. You know those school levies that most of you vote down every year? Those are to keep bus routes open and teachers/faculty paid. If you can't afford to keep those things running your sure as heck can't afford to pay a full time security guards to monitor all the metal detectors that are being installed.

there was also 22 kids killed in china today at a school wtf man this world i sware is going to end

A mental patient attacked and stabbed 22 kids at a school In China yesterday. There were zero fatalaties.

Guns kill people.

Ya none of the kids died, but a lot of them are in serious/critical condition. And the "guns killed people" line is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. "Oh thank god my kids just got stabbed a whole bunch!" Fucking stupid. The point isn't to get rid of guns, it to identify to fucked up soulless dicks who want to use weapons to kill people. PERIOD! You make guns illegal all that is going to happen is that you will disarm the people who don't use them to commit crimes. If there was a nation wide ban on guns that asshole would have still walked into the school with a guns. Fact.

As to Ghoolie. I don't agree that liberals and none believers are to blame for this and to say so is so mind blowingly idiot. I will agree with the fact that our nation is incredible desensitized to violence through media and entertainment, but that has just been the growing trend over the decades since the 50's. It's not something that my generation started. Everyone looks at us and blames us for our nations current struggles. Our nations current struggles can be traced back decades. My generation is inheriting the problems the the older generations have caused. The idea of spending more than our country makes has been happening before I was born. Handouts from the government have been the common norm since the Great Depression. For some reason we still rely on government programs that were put in place back then as only temporary measures. Medicare, Medicade, and Social Security don't need money taken away from them, they need to be cut period. Those ideas were fine and dandy when one American worker would pay in so two retirees could be covered but it becomes pointless when 1 American worker now pays in for 40+ retired workers. On top of that we still have around 250,000 service men and women stationed in Europe. Cold War is over, get them out. We don't need to pay a quarter million people sit at one of the hundreds of military bases in Europe to twiddle their thumbs and play checkers.

And how? The real issue isn't how can we make the school safer, it's how can we identify people who have such fucked up mental problems that they want to go into a school and shoot the place up. Stop bullying, stop REAL child abuse, pinpoint mental illness early. Fact of the matter is that most school districts in the country do not have the money floating around to install such security measures and even if they did if anyone took the time to sit down and make a plan before going into the place with a gun they could get around it. You know those school levies that most of you vote down every year? Those are to keep bus routes open and teachers/faculty paid. If you can't afford to keep those things running your sure as heck can't afford to pay a full time security guards to monitor all the metal detectors that are being installed.

Ya none of the kids died, but a lot of them are in serious/critical condition. And the "guns killed people" line is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. "Oh thank god my kids just got stabbed a whole bunch!" Fucking stupid. The point isn't to get rid of guns, it to identify to fucked up soulless dicks who want to use weapons to kill people. PERIOD! You make guns illegal all that is going to happen is that you will disarm the people who don't use them to commit crimes. If there was a nation wide ban on guns that asshole would have still walked into the school with a guns. Fact.

As to Ghoolie. I don't agree that liberals and none believers are to blame for this and to say so is so mind blowingly idiot. I will agree with the fact that our nation is incredible desensitized to violence through media and entertainment, but that has just been the growing trend over the decades since the 50's. It's not something that my generation started. Everyone looks at us and blames us for our nations current struggles. Our nations current struggles can be traced back decades. My generation is inheriting the problems the the older generations have caused. The idea of spending more than our country makes has been happening before I was born. Handouts from the government have been the common norm since the Great Depression. For some reason we still rely on government programs that were put in place back then as only temporary measures. Medicare, Medicade, and Social Security don't need money taken away from them, they need to be cut period. Those ideas were fine and dandy when one American worker would pay in so two retirees could be covered but it becomes pointless when 1 American worker now pays in for 40+ retired workers. On top of that we still have around 250,000 service men and women stationed in Europe. Cold War is over, get them out. We don't need to pay a quarter million people sit at one of the hundreds of military bases in Europe to twiddle their thumbs and play checkers.

Quit your whining. "Oh, I was given this horrible situation, poor me". STFU. You just proved Ghoolie hit the nail on the head. And you probably don't even realize it.

Dozens Killed in School Bus Crash in Egypt - NYTimes.com www.nytimes.com/2012/11/18/world/middleeast/dozens-killed-in-school-bus-crash-in-egypt.html www.nytimes.com/2012/11/18/world/middleeast/dozens-killed-in-school-bus-crash-in-egypt.html Nov 17, 2012 ... A train slammed into a school bus as it crossed tracks in a town south of Cairo, dragging the ... Dozens Killed, Mostly Children, in Egypt Crash ...

Eliminate trains and school buses ?

Outlaw all rr crossings? All those people murdered on 9/11? No guns.

Just mentally ill and violent nutjobs.

The mentally ill murderer could have used propone tanks in a classroom or something.

It isn't guns. It's mental illness - perhaps as a result of drug use damage.

The manson family murdered plenty of people - with knives.

All sorts of tragedies via arson.

For whatever reason, it's mental illness to act out in such a horrific manner.

These tragedies make all of us cringe. In this instance,

such a tragedy wouldn't have happened if the mother had simply kept the guns in a gun safe,

completely secure from being misused by any other unauthorized person or persons.

Archived