THE BROWNS BOARD

Sooo.... Derek Anderson?

Harry Buffalo

Just the newest bit roling around the rumor mill. Can see an article mentioning a "source" who is "close" to Anderson saying that he is 80% sure he will be back in Cleveland with the Chudster.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/sports/football/browns/sources-browns-looking-into-bringing-back-derek-anderson#

So if this happened how quickly would you cut yourself, punt the dog, slap your wife, ect.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dumbass bigfoot doesn't fit the Browns. He never cared back then,

surely he isn't any less dimwitted than he was back then.

Won't happen, "yawn"

Yeah..rumor only...why would you bring him in with both mccoy and weeden on the roster...just dumb

But would Chud keep McCoy? He needs arms for his offense. Why have a back up on your roster that can't make 75% of the throws that are required in the offense you run. All Chud would be thinking is that Anderson has 4 seasons in his offense so he knows that play book front and back. He also knows that Anderson was able to be effective in his offense when he had a supporting cast that didn't shit down their pants leg. All Anderson would be thinking is that Chud's offense gives him the best chance to be effective and that this is the only job offer he is going to get for next season.

I agree that Haslam and Banner might pump the breaks and tell Chud no, but Chud is going to want a back up that knows his offense.

But would Chud keep McCoy? He needs arms for his offense. Why have a back up on your roster that can't make 75% of the throws that are required in the offense you run. All Chud would be thinking is that Anderson has 4 seasons in his offense so he knows that play book front and back. He also knows that Anderson was able to be effective in his offense when he had a supporting cast that didn't shit down their pants leg. All Anderson would be thinking is that Chud's offense gives him the best chance to be effective and that this is the only job offer he is going to get for next season.

I agree that Haslam and Banner might pump the breaks and tell Chud no, but Chud is going to want a back up that knows his offense.

Excellent point. Chud obviously thinks Anderson is a decent QB. This is the coach we're getting and he likes qbs with big arms. Won't be a surprise if he comes here.

Yeah..rumor only...why would you bring him in with both mccoy and weeden on the roster...just dumb

I have a feeling McCoy is traded. Chud likes big armed QBs to run the type of O he prefers.

DA will never be a Brown again. Remember what he said about Cleveland fans, and how much he didn't like us? Yeah, I don't think he would want round two of that.

He said cleveland fans don't deserve a winner.

Bringing him back will only assure he gets his wishes..

He said cleveland fans don't deserve a winner.

Bringing him back will only assure he gets his wishes..

I totally agree with this...He still cant read defenses to save his life.

What makes you think DA would be the backup? He is going to be the starter next year. This is no brainer.

Hes not even on our roster...so...Im guessin this is Zombo...LOL...Good job.."Laughs"

Hes not even on our roster...so...Im guessin this is Zombo...LOL...Good job.."Laughs"

For the 2,435th time ... I'm not Lumbergh. Stan's not Lumbergh. Ghoolie's not Lumbergh.

Lumbergh is Lumbergh.

Zombo

I'm not Lumbergh ... that's two down. What?

Nor am I...but why on gods earth does this nincompoop have to troll here?...DA's ship traveled long ago. And after the kind words he had for Cleveland when he left...Well lets just say we havent forgotten not only your shit play. But the shit demeanor you exhibited on your departure (DA).

You are probably the types of guys that think we never really landed on the moon and that the US govt planned 911.

Sometimes things are what they are.

Z

That's how a conspiracy works. Them boys on the Grassy Knoll they were dead within three hours, buried in the damned desert, unmarked graves out past Terlingua.

And after the kind words he had for Cleveland when he left...

sure there's a lot of cocksuckers that didn't deserve a winner and dedicated themselves to booing DA win or lose. And who preferred to look at BQ's sexy muscles than to get W's. But that's water under the bridge, especially now that Chud is the HMFIC. DA is the QB moving forward, get used to it. Weeden will be the backup, Thaddeus 3rd string. McCoy is not in the plans.

sure there's a lot of cocksuckers that didn't deserve a winner and dedicated themselves to booing DA win or lose. And who preferred to look at BQ's sexy muscles than to get W's. But that's water under the bridge, especially now that Chud is the HMFIC. DA is the QB moving forward, get used to it. Weeden will be the backup, Thaddeus 3rd string. McCoy is not in the plans.

Nope, I'd say the majority of Browns fans only booed DA when he lost- which was frequently. OK, fans cheering when he got hurt was classless. But DA returned the favor dissing Cleveland on his way out the door. He stunk to high heaven his last year in Cleveland, his one year as a starter in Arizona, and then laughed about it. His career stats are really, really bad, outside of his one (make the 1\2 of a great season) in Cleveland. Once teams figured out DA couldn't check down to save his life, or learn how to throw a change up to go with his high velocity fastball, and took away all his deep routes, Derek was kaput. Take away the breakout year, he's 9-20 as a starter.

You may hold out hope your man-crush has learned how to play football after seven years in the league, ala Joe Kapp or Jim Plunkett, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Archived